BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 327 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Town of Huntington closed the fields on them

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only snow/rain but that weekend several High School kids that played football games were sent to the ER for hypothermia.
Don't think there was any mastermind devious planning with mother nature and Yellow Jackets tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG OMG OMG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not only snow/rain but that weekend several High School kids that played football games were sent to the ER for hypothermia.
Don't think there was any mastermind devious planning with mother nature and Yellow Jackets tryouts.

I agree with you. I just didnt realize that try-outs were originally scheduled for that weekend. Topic closed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets Toy and Coat Drive Dec 4th at Tryouts

Supporting Charlie Russo and "Christmas Magic" for the past 3 years along with "Every Childs dream"

Job well done

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Supporting Charlie Russo and "Christmas Magic" for the past 3 years along with "Every Childs dream"

Job well done
If you have additional information on this coat drive, please share the details. BOTC is happy to cover these Christmas support stories for any and all Long Island Clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Job well done
If you have additional information on this coat drive, please share the details. BOTC is happy to cover these Christmas support stories for any and all Long Island Clubs.

All girls participating in tryouts are asked to bring a toy or coat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all of the girls who attended the YJ tryouts yesterday; it was a huge turnout. Unfortunatly many girls were leaving upset with the feeling that the were going to be dropped or didn't do there best. It was tuff to watch as a mother of young girls. Of course there were rumors being tossed around like there will now be two blue teams and the 2016 and 2017 age groups. I am a little confused i can see why coach Rose did it at the 2014 level(because of the 2013/2014 east team being obsorbed), but at those two other levels while there are many talented kids the drop off from Blue to Gold was drastic that is fact. My daughter is a gold player and the calibur between blue and gold a big differnce. I hope coach Rose isnt compromising for the sake of the parents or even worse to make a dollar. its' been a successful organiztion for years my older daughter went through it, most reasonable parents are content with the teams they land on. Minor changes happen from year to year and that is undersatndable it also gives those that want to advance to a "Blue" that oppurtunity and something to strive for. Two blues just seems watered down. Any insight from anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge turnout yesterday especially for the 2020 class alot of talented girls. Does anybody know when the teams are listed or are they just sent out via email? Thanks for any insight smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge turnout yesterday especially for the 2020 class alot of talented girls. Does anybody know when the teams are listed or are they just sent out via email? Thanks for any insight smile

2020? Be real. These girls have barely begun to develope. If you can throw and catch at this age your talented.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did all the groups sell out? Their website lists the first 100 registrants and was wondering if all had the full 100. I went for my duaghter and was absolutely amazed at the turnout for the 2019's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"2020? Be real. These girls have barely begun to develope. If you can throw and catch at this age your talented."
While I understand your point that they are young you oversimplify it.Many of the girls in this age group are very talented for their age with the top level kids being able to use both hands almost equally well.Just being able to throw and catch does not place you at a high level in this age group anymore. does that mean these same kids will be the stars in the year 2017 who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"2020? Be real. These girls have barely begun to develope. If you can throw and catch at this age your talented."
While I understand your point that they are young you oversimplify it.Many of the girls in this age group are very talented for their age with the top level kids being able to use both hands almost equally well.Just being able to throw and catch does not place you at a high level in this age group anymore. does that mean these same kids will be the stars in the year 2017 who knows.

The most coordinated and better athletes are better at this point. As in all sports, others will catch up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all of the girls who attended the YJ tryouts yesterday; it was a huge turnout. Unfortunatly many girls were leaving upset with the feeling that the were going to be dropped or didn't do there best. It was tuff to watch as a mother of young girls. Of course there were rumors being tossed around like there will now be two blue teams and the 2016 and 2017 age groups. I am a little confused i can see why coach Rose did it at the 2014 level(because of the 2013/2014 east team being obsorbed), but at those two other levels while there are many talented kids the drop off from Blue to Gold was drastic that is fact. My daughter is a gold player and the calibur between blue and gold a big differnce. I hope coach Rose isnt compromising for the sake of the parents or even worse to make a dollar. its' been a successful organiztion for years my older daughter went through it, most reasonable parents are content with the teams they land on. Minor changes happen from year to year and that is undersatndable it also gives those that want to advance to a "Blue" that oppurtunity and something to strive for. Two blues just seems watered down. Any insight from anyone?

I hope Coach Rose doesn't do this, I know for a fact 2016 Blue is more dominant than 2016 Gold. The 2016 Gold couldn't beat the 2017 Blue and the 2018 Blue can beat 2017 Gold all true. If she goes with two teams as blue in each age group it would be a farse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True but training and a good ethic will separate the lacrosse players from the athletic kids who can keep for now. Just like soccer the athletic kids strive in the beginning and can't keep up with the more skilled players as time goes on same holds true for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while I do think it is a horrible idea to make two blue teams ,I actually believe if you asked most parents of a child who would be on the gold team they would rather not have two blue teams either., and I am sure most if not all parents of a blue team child would not want two blue teams.As far as 2016 gold not being able to beat 2017 blue you are completely wrong,I guess you missed the game they played at the elite showcase at the end of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny how everyone predicts the kids that are exceptional at an early age will no longer be playing when they get older because of burn-out,other kids catching up ,work ethic etc.It has been my experience that many of these kids continue to thrive and many times are moved up to varsity earlier than most.It seems to me that early success makes many of these kids enjoy the sport more and even put in more time towards perfecting their skills.Many of the other kids move onto other sports or other things that they may be better at. You may not agree but the kids who can catch and throw at an early age seem to enjoy playing more than kids who cannot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 and 2020 were trying out at the same time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would they have a list of players who are trying out on the website?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did they have two age groups trying together and for only 75 minutes? all other age groups were one year only and most were 2 hours long

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree with you on this one. This topic is being discussed at length on the 2016 girls thread. Just a qoute that sums it up
"Two team idea is a horrible idea. If you have 40 kids 20 are better than 20 others. Perhaps the top 5 could interchange with the bottom 5 from team to team. It's a money thing, call kids blue they stay, drop em to gold, drop the gold down, then kids are looking to go elsewhere. It all about money."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would they have a list of players who are trying out on the website?

No, their website lists that only the first 100 registered can try out. It doesn't't list names.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't believe that for a minute, it's just hype to make sure that you get your money in asap - some age groups have 4 teams, do you think that they took 96 kids and cut only 4?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's all about the money, the younger kids are there to subsidize the older kids, ownership and the program in general - nobody really cares about 4-5-6th grade teams. they panic parents into doing all the clinics and camps and gettting them in the fold as early as possible or risk losing a roster spot going forward. it's pretty much the same everywhere, once you get caught up in the clinics/camps and traveling the all over at 8-9 years old you become an ATM for the organization for the next 8 years, that's why there are all the additional teams at every age group, how do you cut someone who has thrown money at you everytime you asked them for it, you don't, you add another color team - they've got you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the dirty little secret is that there are more impact players in D1 lax from yj gold than blue - this is a fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the dirty little secret is that there are more impact players in D1 lax from yj gold than blue - this is a fact

I have heard that gold does well with recruiting. If you said gold has more d1players than blue, that would be a fact. Since you added the adjective "impact" it is now an opionon not a fact. Even statistics are open for interpetation when describing impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a winning reputation for the most part because of their Blue teams. By diluting these blue teams with players from the gold and less, Coach R would jeopardize her reputation. The players on the blue teams for the most part are much better than the players from the other YJ teams, no question. There is always some room to exchange players to the blue team only if the new player is as good or better than members of the Blue team. This will ensure that her blue teams remain some of the best in the country. If she allows less skilled players that don't deserve to be on the blue team then she jeopardizes the reputation of the YJ.These goes back to the town team parents who try to get their less talented kids onto great teams. They should never be allowed to play with the athletic kids. That is why most blue team parents are running away from their stinky town teams who have no control over the parents. Thank God for the YJ where the most athletic kids from the different towns have a place to go and leave behind the less athletic kids to play less serious lax games ( some cases these games are a joke,comical).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that you're onto something - grades 4th thru 6th all have only two teams and all other age groups have 4 or 5 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmmmm, the money...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about the cash-flow baby, CR has been trying to sell the YJ for 2-3 years, but hasn't been able to get her price, so just keep adding teams and players until the cash flow is too good for some sucker to resist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a winning reputation for the most part because of their Blue teams. By diluting these blue teams with players from the gold and less, Coach R would jeopardize her reputation. The players on the blue teams for the most part are much better than the players from the other YJ teams, no question. There is always some room to exchange players to the blue team only if the new player is as good or better than members of the Blue team. This will ensure that her blue teams remain some of the best in the country. If she allows less skilled players that don't deserve to be on the blue team then she jeopardizes the reputation of the YJ.These goes back to the town team parents who try to get their less talented kids onto great teams. They should never be allowed to play with the athletic kids. That is why most blue team parents are running away from their stinky town teams who have no control over the parents. Thank God for the YJ where the most athletic kids from the different towns have a place to go and leave behind the less athletic kids to play less serious lax games ( some cases these games are a joke,comical).

If you believe the kids on teams other than blue are not athletic or serious you are an idiot. There are plenty of athletic kids on the other teams. Matter of fact politics plays a big role in all placements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife some how came across this site. You are all what is wrong with youth sports!!!
Now please for your kids well being find a hobby and let the kids play the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no doubt there is some serious cash flow, that's why everyone else is trying to get in on the action. ages 2013-2020 have 25 teams under the yj umbrella, if you go with the assumption that 100 kids were at the tryout for each of the age groups that's 2,500 kids @ $50 each or $125,000 for a couple of weekends of tryouts! How many parents will then pay $200 for a clinic or two? probably half of them, that's another $250,000 if half of the kids go to one clinic! and you've barely scratched the surface, we're talking big money here, it's a million dollar plus enterprise per year

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
no doubt there is some serious cash flow, that's why everyone else is trying to get in on the action. ages 2013-2020 have 25 teams under the yj umbrella, if you go with the assumption that 100 kids were at the tryout for each of the age groups that's 2,500 kids @ $50 each or $125,000 for a couple of weekends of tryouts! How many parents will then pay $200 for a clinic or two? probably half of them, that's another $250,000 if half of the kids go to one clinic! and you've barely scratched the surface, we're talking big money here, it's a million dollar plus enterprise per year
To balance the discussion, it is not 100 kids * 25 teams. According to reports, it is 100 young ladies per age group for 2013-2020 which is 100 players * 8 age groups = 800 players. At the last count, there were actually 600 players in the Yellow Jackets program. You can do your arithmetic based on those numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok lets split the difference and say 1,000 kids showed up for tryouts (i'm assuming that the age groups with 4 and 5 teams must cut somebody or do they just take the first 120 kids that show up and make 5 teams?)so it's only $50,000 this month for tryouts and how many would you guess are at the clinics at $200 each 400? 500? 600? plug in whatever number you want and the numbers are still big - $125,00 - 200,000 for the month of december alone and as i said just the tip of the iceberg, can you say cash cow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If politics played such a big role then when blue plays gold the games would not be so lopsided.Do not sell the kids who make the blue team by ability short, many have no political connection at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a lot of girls for the 2020 try-out. Does anyone know how the pinnies worked for this try-out? What did the changing of colors represent? What does it mean if a girl stayed on red, blue or yellow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
december cash flow estimate $150,000 for tryouts and clinincs, not to be outdone,january is when all 600 players must pay the $600 team fee, so there's another $360,000. half a million dollars in cash flow for dec/jan combined - not too shabby. i bet the cagesage would like to see those numbers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard parents were not allowed inside during the tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
however, many have "friends and family" coaching teams, hard to imagine that you're coaching blue and your daughter/niece/neighbor gets put on gold. it is what it is and that's the way it will be everywhere in life so get used to it

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 327 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard