BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,183
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
Re: National Premier Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the crabs 2021 teams was playing npyll they would have to play 13u because of their hold back players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all the debates, these kids will eventually play high school and college. At those points they will be freshmen competing with juniors and seniors. Even if this route of being "reclassified" is taken, the path still means that you have to compete with older kids. Nothing Daddy can do to give junior an unfair advantage again at that point. This nonsense of being older that your grade peers is a crutch and only gives a kid a phony sense of accomplishment. It also screws the other participants who compete fairly. I'd love to see club teams drop any connotation of competing by school grade classification and see prep schools limit the 8th grade redshirting nonsense. If a kid repeats either 8th or 9th grade at St. Paul's, Landon, etc...then that counts as a year of high school lacrosse eligibility.

Maybe I am too old school, but I have heard too many times parents just rationalizing this nonsense by saying it is for academic reasons. Let's test that...if it really is for academics, then maybe the kid needs to focus on his school for a year and get better there. And it is consequential anyways because it takes a year of high school sports eligibility away. Let's smoke the phonies out of the system who are only pressing a reset button when junior doesn't have a good lacrosse resume as a natural rising 9th grader. We can find out real quick who the phonies are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entire argument is silly. the people who held their kids back in first grade because their kid needed more time to mature are clearly different than kids being held back in 8th grade to make certain the kid can make the prep team. 1st grader hold backs happen with lots of interaction with teachers based upon the child's ability to socially and academically meet the standards the state puts in place.

A parent that decides to do the same thing for an advantage in sports is cheating and justifies it by saying it happens in sports...They argue that speed is also an advantage? Really?

You all know who you are and you also know deep down, what you are doing is not fair. After a few cocktails and a conversation with the prep school coaches, you can justify anything, but in your heart of hearts, you know you are cheating and should be ashamed.

for those 1st grade hold backs, I don't have one, but if I did I would feel differently. You should be able to sleep fine because the decision you made was not to game the system, but to allow your child to be on equal footing mentally.

best of luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best quote on this board. Amen. People can rationalize anything and just live a lie, but it is cheating. It catches up fast. A few of the reclassified kids who v erballed early locally are kn club teams where other players are passing them by as they grow & mature. Love seeing a real 14 or just turned 15 year old 9th grader bringing it. Good for those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The entire argument is silly. the people who held their kids back in first grade because their kid needed more time to mature are clearly different than kids being held back in 8th grade to make certain the kid can make the prep team. 1st grader hold backs happen with lots of interaction with teachers based upon the child's ability to socially and academically meet the standards the state puts in place.

A parent that decides to do the same thing for an advantage in sports is cheating and justifies it by saying it happens in sports...They argue that speed is also an advantage?
You all know who you are and you also know deep down, what you are doing is not fair. After a few cocktails and a conversation with the prep school coaches, you can justify anything, but in your heart of hearts, you know you are cheating and should be ashamed.

for those 1st grade hold backs, I don't have one, but if I did I would feel differently. You should be able to sleep fine because the decision you made was not to game the system, but to allow your child to be on equal footing mentally.

best of luck to all.

Equal footing mentally... Hmmm. Still gaming the system so your child has an extra year to assimilate. You did it so he will not be graded low and have that stigma stay. Instead you,head back so,he would've the brightest or brighter than he would have been if he started when he should have. Cheating any way you look at it.

I would have done it if we didn't need both salaries

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all why do all you care what other people do with their kids? Stop trying to play God. You are the same people that come on here and say its just a game and that the parents are worried more about lax than their kids. Same goes here. You think your son is worried about reclassified kids? Nope just you because you are afraid you won't get something you want or lose something you have. Jealousy riddles society. If an extra year means getting your kid into one of the great academic institutions, then why not? Sounds like its more about investing time and money into our kids future. You are wasting your time crying about this topic. You think any of us are going to make a decision on our kids future based off of what you all keep whining about?? Really. Your resentful and it angers you so you call it cheating. I PG'd for football which is essentially the same thing as reclassifying. It opened up a lot of doors and choices for me on schools. Ones that were never even on the radar. Does that extra year help....of course it does. Now read my post real carefully so you can point out any erros with my grammar. While I'll be sitting here deciding what year we are going to reclassify our son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a cheater. You have been cheating your entire life and it sounds like you are proud of it. Worse than all of it, you sound like you sleep well. You are the problem with society--

you can and will rationalize anything, any action or inaction that serves your purpose.

I feel sad for you and your family.

cheating is bad, doesn't matter if you can rationalize your choices or not, it is wrong and bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a loser. lol. Someone who wants to give their kid a better opportunity is whats wrong with society. lol. Don't worry, you have a chance to play for the St. Louis Rams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, get a life. Read your thread out loud in front of a mirror while looking at yourself. Please stomp your foot everytime you say the word cheater. Your a cheater (foot stomp), its not fair (foot stomp),I want people to behave the way I want them too (foot stomp). Jerk off. Hold your kids back, who cares other than this newly drafted St. Louis Ram

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are too funny... this year lets hold him back a grade, next year we might need to "take out" that better D pole or middie...where do you really great parents draw the line?

Make him play against the smaller kids a full year less developed is ok, what about a nancy karigan deal? after all, you are doing it to give your kid a better opportunity.

A spade is a spade no matter what you tell yourself before bedtime. Hope it all works out for you--eternally...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep there you go right to an extreme. Nancy Karigan? All your character in a few paragraphs. US Lacrosse groups kids in a 24 month span U11, U13, etc. so it must be acceptable. As a spade i'll ask for your forgiveness now. Now the scorecard reads zero and my kid is still reclassified.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really think it also comes down to the birthday of a kid. If he is born one day after the cut off and he gets held back he will be cheating by 1 day is this correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only cheating if it's not allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep there you go right to an extreme. Nancy Karigan? All your character in a few paragraphs. US Lacrosse groups kids in a 24 month span U11, U13, etc. so it must be acceptable. As a spade i'll ask for your forgiveness now. Now the scorecard reads zero and my kid is still reclassified.

Yes, you are a cheater. No need to expand beyond that one simple point. Good luck to you and your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any way this can become the NPYLL discussion and all of the reclassifying "discussion" get moved to another topic thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any way this can become the NPYLL discussion and all of the reclassifying "discussion" get moved to another topic thread?

Amen. At you 15, madkax won again yesterday. This sets up a showdown between undefeated madlax and one loss Hawks. Should be a good game ax these two teams have a bit of a rivalry at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You for got to stomp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take madlax by5 over hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15 breakers appear to be on track after a tough start. Anyone know if they were missing key players those first few games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a big weekend for U13AA Crabs,Hawks, and Madlax all 6-0. If the Npyll is not the over top spring league in the US what is? Do the top NJ/NY teams all play in the same or deferent spring leagues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
overall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk on Madlax U15AA all season, looks like the Hawks handed them reality yesterday 12-7 Hawks win ..... Now playoff start in two weeks.

U13AA Crabs take the Hawks by a goal (9-8).. Looks to be a toss up bewteen the same three mentioned (Crabs, Madlax & Hawks; who is the fourth going to be?)

U11AA will history be a repeat of last years U11A between Bethesda Vs Hawks in the finals????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a shame that FCA cannot be part of the conversation. They would definitely be competitive with the top tiered teams in the NPYLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a huge difference between quality of lax in NPYLL and other area leagues. Not even close. Great year so far, can't wait for playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15AA hawks
13AA hawks
11AA Blc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15A Hawks beat Madlax as well - great game by both teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the crabs beat the Hawks at U13 and you are saying the Hawks will win U13 kinda weird. Also if Madlax face-off man is healthy and in top form they can beat any U13 team. When will the playoff brackets be out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was a great game. Madlax had the game and then Hawks O went off or Madlax D just went south. Depends on who you ask. Should be great games coming up with those two in two weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the teams with the best records for each division at the end of the regular season:

2018 (U15 AA - 8th grade) - Hawks (6-1), Madlax (6-1), Crabs (5-1)
2019 (U13 AA - 7th grade) - Madlax (7-0), Crabs (7-0), Hawks (6-1)
2020 (U13 A - 6th grade) - Bethesda (5-2), Breakers (7-0), Hawks (6-1)
2021 (U11 AA - 5th grade) - Bethesda (7-0), Hawks (6-1), Madlax (5-2)
2022 (U11 A - 4th grade) - Diamondbacks (7-0), Hawks (6-1), Bethesda (6-1), Club Blue(6-1)
2023 (U9 AA - 3rd grade) - Bethesda (5-1), Hawks (5-1), ClubBlue (4-2)
2024 (U9 A - 2nd grade) - Bethesda (4-0)

The playoffs will be exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if that is the top teams it proves this isn't the best league in every age group. Most of these are very good teams but many of these are weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks seem to have some consistency go on from all levels, to have a team in the top three at all levels, AA & A. Kudos to Matt Hogan for taking this program to the next level. Bethesda seems to be building from the bottom up, will be interesting to see this program in a couple years. Madlax holding strong and it seems with all the internet controversy it has not affected their program at all. When will the Crabs start investing time in to the American league (A), they seem to be one sided for AA teams only and really only concentrate on the U13AA & U15AA. Granted this is the first year they have had U11 team and sounds like they took Howard county U11 Select (2021A) without a problem (undefeated).

Here are the teams with the best records for each division at the end of the regular season:

2018 (U15 AA - 8th grade) - Hawks (6-1), Madlax (6-1), Crabs (5-1)
2019 (U13 AA - 7th grade) - Madlax (7-0), Crabs (7-0), Hawks (6-1)
2020 (U13 A - 6th grade) - Bethesda (5-2), Breakers (7-0), Hawks (6-1)
2021 (U11 AA - 5th grade) - Bethesda (7-0), Hawks (6-1), Madlax (5-2)
2022 (U11 A - 4th grade) - Diamondbacks (7-0), Hawks (6-1), Bethesda (6-1), Club Blue(6-1)
2023 (U9 AA - 3rd grade) - Bethesda (5-1), Hawks (5-1), ClubBlue (4-2)
2024 (U9 A - 2nd grade) - Bethesda (4-0)

The playoffs will be exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U11AA:
Pre-Season Bethesda Vs Hawks, Hawks won (same as last pre-season in U11A)

Regular Season Bethesda Vs Hawks, Bethesda won 12-6 (last season Bethesda won in OT)

Championship will it be Hawks Vs Bethesda (last season Hawks won with ease 13-4)

These two teams have a it out for each other so it is basically which team will post up. Once again Bethesda went undefeated in regular season so all the pressure is on the underdog who has not lost this season yet. It will be interesting.

The game to watch, if it happens will be U15AA Crabs Vs Hawks. There will be some serious wood thrown in this game, the last time these two meet you could feel the tension in the air.

15AA hawks
13AA hawks
11AA Blc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the hawks v madlax game at U15. Hawks were more aggressive, more physical and hustled more. Madlax looked sloppy and tentative. Madlax fogo kept this them in it until the fourth. I have also seen most of the other npyll teams. These two teams and the crabs are a level above the rest at U'15, with club blue right behind. Should be a good playoff.

The hawks were also very large. I am guessing they had a number if holdbacks out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if that is the top teams it proves this isn't the best league in every age group. Most of these are very good teams but many of these are weak

Care to elaborate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top teams in npyll will beat the top teams from hoco and myla.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am asking the same question. That post could only have came from a FCA parent. The NPYLL is the best league in this area hands down. There is only one club in this area that could compete and its FCA at the AA level. There are some other clubs that could win games in the A div. but that is it.
I asked this before is there a spring league up north in the NJ/NY area that we could compare the NPYLL to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to think the crabs will be putting there U11 team in the NPYLL next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am asking the same question. That post could only have came from a FCA parent. The NPYLL is the best league in this area hands down. There is only one club in this area that could compete and its FCA at the AA level. There are some other clubs that could win games in the A div. but that is it.
I asked this before is there a spring league up north in the NJ/NY area that we could compare the NPYLL to?

Nothing like it here on Long Island. I'm jealous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years crabs 2021 teams would have to play 13u in npyll they have play backs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Hawks played FCA earlier in the year? How did that end up?

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard