BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 327 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow must have had a lot of talent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so whats the deal with making 2 2014 blue teams this year?

why do you think there are 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like coach Rose is trying to get more kids playing time! She has done this before. It is important for all the kids to play and be seen in their sophomore year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it going to be light blue and dark blue? What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue pink ?
blue purple?
Lt Blue
Dark Blue

Who really cares?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems silly , is one team going to be the "A" team and the other the "B" team. I understand it may help to get colleges to take a look at the former gold now B group but then aren't the college coaches just going to figure it out. If you divide the teams equally is it fair to the former blue players, not sure? Seems to be the way things are done , everyone gets a trophy no child left behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not matter as long as they are entered in best tourneys to get maximum exposure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like coach Rose is trying to get more kids playing time! She has done this before. It is important for all the kids to play and be seen in their sophomore year.

What exactly is being done/proposed/thought about? How has someone heard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a marketing plan. If she can call two teams blue now she keeps 48 kids with the blue label instead of 24. Also the gold team does not need to drop its gold label to red green or whatever comes next, so in effect she keeps that group happy. Happy people will throw money her way. If she only keeps one blue team the other blue become yellow and disgruntled, the yellow drops to the next color and become disgruntled, people start leaving she loses money. So long as people can't figure this out or will knowingly look the other way, she will get every penny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a marketing plan. If she can call two teams blue now she keeps 48 kids with the blue label instead of 24. Also the gold team does not need to drop its gold label to red green or whatever comes next, so in effect she keeps that group happy. Happy people will throw money her way. If she only keeps one blue team the other blue become yellow and disgruntled, the yellow drops to the next color and become disgruntled, people start leaving she loses money. So long as people can't figure this out or will knowingly look the other way, she will get every penny.

Why so negative?? Stop speculating about something you obviously know NOTHING about! She is actually reducing the number of kids on each team to 18 or 19. That will cost her money! She is doing it so kids can play more!! I am sure you will have some other money making theory now!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its degrading to the former blue players. you used to have to try out to be within the top 22 layers in the organization for your age level, now its the top 40 players? there isnt much to work towards now with a larger margin the rom for error is great along with the label of a 'blue player'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't travel in the heat with a skeleton crew!

I heard they had a huge tournout yesterday very competative lots to choose from.

Look people see their recruiting track
record and this is the year to get a spot with them. The YJ name is a proven commodity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its degrading to the former blue players. you used to have to try out to be within the top 22 layers in the organization for your age level, now its the top 40 players? there isnt much to work towards now with a larger margin the rom for error is great along with the label of a 'blue player'

IF this is truly happening, then I'm guessing this has something to do with the team that was known as "2013/2014 East". The youngr "East" teams merged outright and the older ones were single year teams. Come next year there would have been a group from that team without a team. Move some people around now, have 2 smaller teams and no one gets hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point They needed to make room for alot of 14 East kids, plus NEW kids, and maybe some suprises!! thats not an easy task without ruffling some feathers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 2015 is have 5 teams.....Our coach told us who we were losing and who we were gaining.. politics in action

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so negative?? Stop speculating about something you obviously know NOTHING about! She is actually reducing the number of kids on each team to 18 or 19. That will cost her money! She is doing it so kids can play more!! I am sure you will have some other money making theory now!

Of course people will buy into this, for many it means getting that blue label. But it is too bad for girls who do deserve to be on a blue team by itself. Should just call all the teams blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course people will buy into this, for many it means getting that blue label. But it is too bad for girls who do deserve to be on a blue team by itself. Should just call all the teams blue.

Who cares. I don't think it will be very hard to figure out which team is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. I don't think it will be very hard to figure out which team is better.

You would think the talent would be split equal, otherwise one team would be weaker, then its taking away something from what we all think about what blue means in the YJ organization. Don't know what the reasoning would be here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2013/2014 East team needed to disbanded, but it shouldn't have been done in such an insulting fashion to the "true" Blue players. There are girls on a YJ Blue team now that might not even make the Gold team if it was just based on tryouts alone. The 2014 YJ Blue should have just gotten the best players, the second best should have gone to Gold, and so on and so on. Doesn't seem fair to just have "walk-ons" added to a Blue team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I know this is not my thread, But I don't understand what happened, It sounds like the girls from the east team didn't have to try out , and were put on blue
, could that possibly be true, if so that sounds unfair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2013/2014 East team needed to disbanded, but it shouldn't have been done in such an insulting fashion to the "true" Blue players. There are girls on a YJ Blue team now that might not even make the Gold team if it was just based on tryouts alone. The 2014 YJ Blue should have just gotten the best players, the second best should have gone to Gold, and so on and so on. Doesn't seem fair to just have "walk-ons" added to a Blue team.

who are you to determine who a "true blue" player is? How do you know who is on the team and how can you call them "walk-ons"? YJ is a smart organization I will give her and the staff the benefit of the doubt that they did the right thing for all the girls and the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me? I agree, I shouldn't have anything to do with who plays on what teams. It is just my humble opinion that the girls who worked hard and went through tryouts, as traditionally it has always been done, are being somewhat slighted by having girls who never ever even tried out for a YJ team to be placed on the "Blue" team. That is supposed to be a privilege and an honor and not just be handed out. It was a mistake how the east program was integrated in the first place and now they are completely compounding the problem. If they took the best girls and put them on the Blue team, and, as I stated before, put the rest of the girls where they should be, it would strengthen all the teams. Again - JMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me? I agree, I shouldn't have anything to do with who plays on what teams. It is just my humble opinion that the girls who worked hard and went through tryouts, as traditionally it has always been done, are being somewhat slighted by having girls who never ever even tried out for a YJ team to be placed on the "Blue" team. That is supposed to be a privilege and an honor and not just be handed out. It was a mistake how the east program was integrated in the first place and now they are completely compounding the problem. If they took the best girls and put them on the Blue team, and, as I stated before, put the rest of the girls where they should be, it would strengthen all the teams. Again - JMHO

You are forgetting about the politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all tried out where are you getting your information from. Do you just sit around and make this crap up?

No walk ons!!! And anyone who missed has to tryout with 2013 group Sun Night.

Maybe that's why rosters won't ne posted yet. States complicated things for many athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all tried out where are you getting your information from. Do you just sit around and make this crap up?

No walk ons!!! And anyone who missed has to tryout with 2013 group Sun Night.

Maybe that's why rosters won't ne posted yet. States complicated things for many athletes.

Tryouts were more than 1 week ago. It is not right to make the girls wait. Maybe there are other opportunities the girls want to look at. Why is it necessary for all age groups to be done to post the results of the ones that are completed. At leaste email the girls and let them know what team they made. There were several girls from other clubs there and I am sure they would like to make their decision. Sometimes it seems Yj doesn't care about it's customers! Good business people, even when they are scucessful do the right thing by their costumers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they never tried out for a yelowjacket team before? It is irrelevant. If they are better than the previous players on blue, they should replace the previous players on blue. And from what I heard, that is exactly what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If tryouts were complete they would post. They still have 2014-2015 make ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
I know this is not my thread, But I don't understand what happened, It sounds like the girls from the east team didn't have to try out , and were put on blue
, could that possibly be true, if so that sounds unfair.

Thats not the case no matter how you think it sounds, they did have to try out. I know one of the players that was there from the East team and they did have to tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If tryouts were complete they would post. They still have 2014-2015 make ups.

How many kids actually need a makeup? I would guess 100 percent of them go back to their old team anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015's are done with tryouts!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are tryouts done in indoor facilities and not outdoors on full fields? Do they do specific drills only? Is there any scrimmage time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then post results what is the holdup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then post results what is the holdup?

POLITICS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are tryouts done in indoor facilities and not outdoors on full fields? Do they do specific drills only? Is there any scrimmage time?

This year was scheduled for outdoors but was cancelled due to snow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snow??? its been 60 degrees for weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This year was scheduled for outdoors but was cancelled due to snow.

Interesting..It would seem that it would benefit those kids that have been in the program previously versus a new kid trying out for the first time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2013/2014 East team needed to disbanded... this team needs better coaching.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snow??? its been 60 degrees for weeks.

Tryouts were scheduled for the sunday we had the snow storm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It hasn't snowed on Long Island since February... we had rain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It hasn't snowed on Long Island since February... we had rain
. What is your weird obsession!!! Last month it snowed in parts of Nassau county the night before. We played a tourney at Hofstra that day that tryouts were and several fields were closed due to snow. Time to let it go already.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 327 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard