BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 327 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 2014 and 2015 tryouts coming up - what are the chances for a new player to make the team - is it worth the $50 tryout fee -- any comments

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
let me be the first parent from liberty to congratulate the 2015 YJ blue team for the total domination of liberty today at t3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With 2014 and 2015 tryouts coming up - what are the chances for a new player to make the team - is it worth the $50 tryout fee -- any comments

Which team are you intending to make? It all depends on how good your daughters are. If they are good enough they will make the appropriate team, but they need to impress at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
let me be the first parent from liberty to congratulate the 2015 YJ blue team for the total domination of liberty today at t3

Thank you. We appreciate the sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true for all, get your facts straight before you comment on something.

What's not true at all? You get your facts straight.

It is not true that all the girls were too old to go to next years u15. In fact some had very late 97 birthdays. They were picked because they were good enough to play on the team. Not because they couldn't play next year.

Not really true. Late '97 birthdays? So they skipped a grade or they had 2016's there? AND there's nothing being taken away from any girls. Just defending the coach's daughter. There were several REALLY good 2014's who missed the window to play in that tournament -- not playing in 2010 and being too old to play in 2011. Coach Rose wanted to make sure that that didn't happen again so she made sure that any really good 2015's who were born before 12/31/96 made the trip. All of the girls who went were fantastic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true for all, get your facts straight before you comment on something.

What's not true at all? You get your facts straight.

It is not true that all the girls were too old to go to next years u15. In fact some had very late 97 birthdays. They were picked because they were good enough to play on the team. Not because they couldn't play next year.

Not really true. Late '97 birthdays? So they skipped a grade or they had 2016's there? AND there's nothing being taken away from any girls. Just defending the coach's daughter. There were several REALLY good 2014's who missed the window to play in that tournament -- not playing in 2010 and being too old to play in 2011. Coach Rose wanted to make sure that that didn't happen again so she made sure that any really good 2015's who were born before 12/31/96 made the trip. All of the girls who went were fantastic.

Again you are wrong! It has nothing to do with the coaches daughter. I agree she didn't "get cut" but, there were girls there that were 97' birthdays(some late). They were eligible to play this year even before they change the date to August 31st. Do your research!

Like Reply Quote
D
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D.A.N.G
Unregistered
D
My daughter is considered a blue chip player and still trys out every year,never saw a walk on without tryouts on her team yet
YJ is a big ship,it will never be perfect for every kid.
If some of the parents didnt [lacrosse] and moan so much, it would make it better for all.Parents need to be PRO-active not RE-active.Let the chips fall where they may and your girl will play with others with the same skill level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by D.A.N.G
My daughter is considered a blue chip player and still trys out every year,never saw a walk on without tryouts on her team yet
If some of the parents didnt [lacrosse] and moan so much, it would make it better for all.Parents need to be PRO-active not RE-active.Let the chips fall where they may and your girl will play with others with the same skill level.

You are right in what you are saying. Of course having a daughter considered (at least by you) as a blue chip player can help take away some of the pissing and moaning, consider yourselves lucky to be in such a position. Hey, just have to ask.....what does D.A.N.G. stand for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by D.A.N.G

The choice of cliches seem to conflict with each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do the YJ teams practice for the summer?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone please explain this situtation to me with the late birthdays? My daughter is born in December, 1997 and is the Class of 2016. She in in the correct grade for her date of birth (late December.) Most of the girls she plays with, however, are born in 1998. Is this going to be a problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could someone please explain this situtation to me with the late birthdays? My daughter is born in December, 1997 and is the Class of 2016. She in in the correct grade for her date of birth (late December.) Most of the girls she plays with, however, are born in 1998. Is this going to be a problem?

Not at all. With the exception of US Lacrosse, tournaments are arranged by graduation year which is what recruiters care about and it filters down to the younger ages through tradition. The US lacrosse U-15 tournament used to have a December cut off but that has been now moved to August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all. With the exception of US Lacrosse, tournaments are arranged by graduation year which is what recruiters care about and it filters down to the younger ages through tradition. The US lacrosse U-15 tournament used to have a December cut off but that has been now moved to August.
With either the August or December cut off, you will be fine. Be sure that you start your recruiting activities during your sophomore year so that the junior year showcases will have the maximal impact for your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets Blue and Gold teams (2013) ousted in quarterfinals at Mid-Atlantic. Blue loses 8-2; Gold loses 6-3.

Blue and Gold (2014) also fall in quarterfinals. Blue loses to Liberty, 6-4; Gold loses to M&D, 11-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets Blue and Gold teams (2013) ousted in quarterfinals at Mid-Atlantic. Blue loses 8-2; Gold loses 6-3.

Blue and Gold (2014) also fall in quarterfinals. Blue loses to Liberty, 6-4; Gold loses to M&D, 11-3.

I assume these are mixed teams. I know several girls who do not participate in fall tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume these are mixed teams. I know several girls who do not participate in fall tournaments.

right on que

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess YJ's kids are the only ones in the country that play on soccer or field hockey teams for their high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are huge recruiting events, in particular for rising juniors and seniors. I would think the teams were at or close to full strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet most of the kids who committed in YJ 2013 class did not attend. That clearly leaves them at a disadvantage. So They did very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh i get it , you YJ lost because not everyone was there, fyi other teams were missing key players also,, and thats right you LOST ALL AGE GROUPS and to make matters worse, to a Long Island Liberty team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have been watching the YJ thread for a while , and It seems that most YJ parents believe that the club is the best in the country, and hat might be true. Most parents crow about how the gold, green, red teams are better than another club "A" team . So with that logic , even if the 2013 blue team that played at mid atlantic was missing players, and took players from other YJ teams, those replacement players are so much better than any other player on any club , that it shouldn't matter and the team as it was should have won with ease. Also not only the YJ playing short handed with patch work teams you can assume all teams had players playing field hockey , soccer etc.. So how about you show some class and give credit to the teams that beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet most of the kids who committed in YJ 2013 class did not attend. That clearly leaves them at a disadvantage. So They did very well.

Oh, I get it, the YJ 2013 commits would not come to this tournament, but all the 2013 commits for the teams that the YJs were playing against would all show up, making it completely unfair to the YJs. Sure, that's it.

I like that excuse better than the YJ teams were decimated by girls who play soccer and field hockey (which I guess means that soccer and field hockey affects only YJ teams).

And what would be the excuse why 2014 YJ team lost to another well respected long island program?

Newsflash to these (minority) jackets parents who make these embarrassing excuses - your teams are GREAT! and everyone in the lacrosse world knows it, even if you lose some tournaments to other great teams. Making excuses just makes you look completely ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" Most parents crow about how the gold, green, red teams are better than another club "A" team ."
Show me where any parent is saying the above , if you have to make stuff up just do not post it. Congrats to the liberty teams that played well over the weekend.The fact that you make nonsense up shows just how claasy you are. When you win an in season championship format tournament I will be the first to say great job but stop puffing your chest out with these out of season tournaments when many of the better kids from both sided are playing for their schools fall sports teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Long Island teams lost the tourney!! All of you need to get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All Long Island teams lost the tourney!! All of you need to get a grip.
BOTC was reporting on all of the Mid-Atlantic events throughout the weekend. Long Island overall had a solid showing in group play in the 2013-2015 age groups. If not for a couple of tie-breakers, Long Island might have had even more teams at the quarterfinal table. What was surprising was the number of teams that fell in the quarters - something rarely seen. None the less, if some solid recruiting was taking place, that was the overall goal for the tournament. Congratulations to all the teams from this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Congrats to the liberty teams that played well over the weekend.The fact that you make nonsense up shows just how claasy you are. When you win an in season championship format tournament I will be the first to say great job but stop puffing your chest out with these out of season tournaments when many of the better kids from both sided are playing for their schools fall sports teams.
The bottom line is that lacrosse is becoming a year-round sport, just like soccer has been for some time. Typically, the Fall Season has been tough with soccer (school play) and the Spring Season has been the measuring stick. In lacrosse, it is more the late Spring and Summer seasons where teams come together at full strength after the school season. The Fall lacrosse season is still finding its legs overall.

None the less, when a team takes the field, the competition is "on" and the results stand. As BOTC said earlier, hopefully the recruiting traffic was solidy this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but not all teams think and say they are the best in the world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is a joke ,, it was out of season tournament. YJ parents ..you are embarrassing yourselves and your club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the recruiting traffic was definitely solid if the early responses to my daughter are any indication. She played on a team that did not do well this weekend (didn't make playoffs), and already received several emails from coaches who saw her. So even if your daughter's team didn't win, recruiters were still there and watching, which is a great thing for everybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The bottom line is that lacrosse is becoming a year-round sport, just like soccer has been for some time. Typically, the Fall Season has been tough with soccer (school play) and the Spring Season has been the measuring stick. In lacrosse, it is more the late Spring and Summer seasons where teams come together at full strength after the school season. The Fall lacrosse season is still finding its legs overall.
Have to agree here - teams took the field and played the games.

They were not called "YJ 201x A-Team" or "Liberty 201x A-Team" - they were called Blue/Gold or Black. The teams fielded carry with them the reputation of those team names. "Yellow Jackets Blue" means something - and when a Blue team loses, the winner deserves the accolades.

Both the M&D Black (2013) and Liberty Black (2014) earned the stripes this weekend. Next weekend might be different, next month might be different ... but this weekend, the stripes were earned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses , just a question? If a team such as yj blue plays in a out of season tournament and the team is comprised of say 5 kids from the summer roster blue team do you still consider that to be their actual blue team.By the way I have no idea how many kids from any of these teams summer rosters made the trip nor am I familiar with these older girls teams.I know I am asking for trouble but how about someone who is familiar with these older teams ranking the lond island teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Have to agree here - teams took the field and played the games.

They were not called "YJ 201x A-Team" or "Liberty 201x A-Team" - they were called Blue/Gold or Black. The teams fielded carry with them the reputation of those team names. "Yellow Jackets Blue" means something - and when a Blue team loses, the winner deserves the accolades.

Both the M&D Black (2013) and Liberty Black (2014) earned the stripes this weekend. Next weekend might be different, next month might be different ... but this weekend, the stripes were earned.

If you are a YJ parent, then I appreciate your sportsmanship, and I look forward to seeing the next game between these two fine teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If you have never seen a post saying YJ gold red etc .. is better than cub x.y.z than you just logged on or in denial. I have seen it on more than 1 team thread , and anyone that has a daughter playing on a rival team must have seen it . In the end you made an excuse for why they lost. thats your club , your director put them in as YJ blue along with everything that that means. All teams lost girls to other sports not just yours ,Your the reason why other YJ parents have to live with that "Obnoxious yellow jacket parent"stigma. Be gracious , they got beat that day , give the Liberty girls credit, because i'm sure that they were not a complete squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have never seen a post saying YJ gold red etc .. is better than cub x.y.z than you just logged on or in denial. I have seen it on more than 1 team thread , and anyone that has a daughter playing on a rival team must have seen it . In the end you made an excuse for why they lost. thats your club , your director put them in as YJ blue along with everything that that means. All teams lost girls to other sports not just yours ,Your the reason why other YJ parents have to live with that "Obnoxious yellow jacket parent"stigma. Be gracious , they got beat that day , give the Liberty girls credit, because i'm sure that they were not a complete squad.

The girls absolutely desreve credit. A game is a game! You win with who is there! The bottom line is that every team loses or will lose.(even the 85' Bears lost) So what! One game either way doesn't change anything! They were there to be recruited. If this helps the Liberty girls get more credibility, that is great! Kudos to them. If you are using this game to say they are clearly the elite team on LI (see the Liberty thread), then you have to take everything into account (like who was actually playing) and what is the win loss record when the teams have played? (very lopsided for the YJ). If the Liberty wins the next 2 or 3, then you can start to look at them as a better team. The funny thing is that M and D black 2014 is clearly better than both teams (14-3 win in the final). I know the YJ team would not have been satisfied to beat Liberty and lose to M and D. That should tell you something about the track record of both teams. All that being said the Liberty girls won fair and square. I agree no one should pound their chest after a win! on both sides.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls absolutely desreve credit. A game is a game! You win with who is there! The bottom line is that every team loses or will lose.(even the 85' Bears lost) So what! One game either way doesn't change anything! They were there to be recruited. If this helps the Liberty girls get more credibility, that is great! Kudos to them. If you are using this game to say they are clearly the elite team on LI (see the Liberty thread), then you have to take everything into account (like who was actually playing) and what is the win loss record when the teams have played? (very lopsided for the YJ). If the Liberty wins the next 2 or 3, then you can start to look at them as a better team. The funny thing is that M and D black 2014 is clearly better than both teams (14-3 win in the final). I know the YJ team would not have been satisfied to beat Liberty and lose to M and D. That should tell you something about the track record of both teams. All that being said the Liberty girls won fair and square. I agree no one should pound their chest after a win! on both sides.

The bottom line for me is that if I want my daughter to be recruited the first and foremost club from LI I want her to play for is YJ, regardless of this weekends outcome. NOt saying other teams are not recruited or respectable, just saying YJ are the most respected and recruited club on LI.So hey YJ you lost this weekend. I will still bet on you any day.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

O.K. for the YJ parent that asked me for the quote , I hope this will be enough proof .It was posted today, nov.15 on the liberty thread by a YJ parent it is post#5599 so you can look it up your self the quote isDid the Liberty parents miss this one

Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:20 AM
Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?"
now I'm not saying that every YJ parent is like this one , and I'm pretty sure that your not, but you have to admit that that is pretty classless, and the reason why the YJ parents get this stigma .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K. for the YJ parent that asked me for the quote , I hope this will be enough proof .It was posted today, nov.15 on the liberty thread by a YJ parent it is post#5599 so you can look it up your self the quote isDid the Liberty parents miss this one

Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:20 AM
Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?"
now I'm not saying that every YJ parent is like this one , and I'm pretty sure that your not, but you have to admit that that is pretty classless, and the reason why the YJ parents get this stigma .

How do you know it was posted by a YJ parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you have never seen a post saying YJ gold red etc .. is better than cub x.y.z than you just logged on or in denial. I have seen it on more than 1 team thread"
"O.K. for the YJ parent that asked me for the quote , I hope this will be enough proof "
Granted the quote you selected is of an obnoxious yj fan,is it a yj parent who knows? Perhaps they get obnoxious because dealing with Liberty parents such as yourself who make nonsense up then try to back it up with statements that have nothing to do with it.Originally you state yj parents are on more than one thread stating that there red green teams are better then the top teams of other clubs,your example has nothing to do with that .Either be able to back up your nonsense statements or do not make them.You are the liberty parent that makes all the others look ignorant.Do I believe all liberty parents are ignorant,of course not,do they think all yj parents are obnoxious ,who cares.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"If you have never seen a post saying YJ gold red etc .. is better than cub x.y.z than you just logged on or in denial. I have seen it on more than 1 team thread"
"O.K. for the YJ parent that asked me for the quote , I hope this will be enough proof "
Granted the quote you selected is of an obnoxious yj fan,is it a yj parent who knows? Perhaps they get obnoxious because dealing with Liberty parents such as yourself who make nonsense up then try to back it up with statements that have nothing to do with it.Originally you state yj parents are on more than one thread stating that there red green teams are better then the top teams of other clubs,your example has nothing to do with that .Either be able to back up your nonsense statements or do not make them.You are the liberty parent that makes all the others look ignorant.Do I believe all liberty parents are ignorant,of course not,do they think all yj parents are obnoxious ,who cares.
Now that we have broken this new ground, this posting will end the Yellow Jacket versus Liberty parent arguments.

Next subject.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so whats the deal with making 2 2014 blue teams this year?

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 327 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard