BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 127 of 327 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
carro-bert-lonigro-cook-hearny
Wait until the tourny info is posted. The forth and fifth team won't make the trip to Lax For the Cure in NJ, but go to the YJ north thing in Conn.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You watch...Cook's Team will be the 3rd team by the end of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bert-carro-hearny-lonigro-cook

Yeah right...I guess your daughter is on hearny...she'll be fine, even if it's the 5th team. She'll get plenty of opportunity to improve her skills with YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown parents go figure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
It looks like there is only going to be 2 top teams in the 2019 division this year. Bert/Manning and Carro/Costa. Based on the names of the other coaches, the other three appear to be developmental teams. The parents of the kids on those teams should save their money.
I think Lonigro is the 3rd team. The rest are just extra money for CR. You guys should have considered wearing Purple this ywear.

Why would they wear purple the coaching over there at this age group is laughable , take a read of the coaching resume if you feel like having a chuckle, each and every head coach in this age group has more girls lacrosse coaching experience than your head coach not to mention some behavioral issues in front of the team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ rosters are up.
5 team$ at the 2018/2019 level? I gue$$ a lot of elite kid$ $howed up for tryout$ thi$ year.

I think there's (5) 2020 teams too! "Elite"? What a joke!

5 teams at 2020 at 25 and 26 kids and then alternates to boot. What are the team rankings? the teams on the second 2020 file actually have some really low jersey numbers which is confusing.

The low #s on low teams is bc there are so many girls that once they reached #99 they had to start from #1 again.
It also looks like that top team is weaker due to politics.

Some of the low #'s are also girls who started out with the top team 2 years ago and have been moved down. 2020 Blue has 7 new girls. They added a second goalie is one. 4 Girls moved up from Jones team. 3 definitely deserve it. But a couple of others should have been there also. And no, my daughter is not one of them.

You need to get a life, what a loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right...I guess your daughter is on hearny...she'll be fine, even if it's the 5th team. She'll get plenty of opportunity to improve her skills with YJ

What's the matter? I thought you were all happy to play for YJ organization even if it is 4th or 5th team? Why changing the tune all of a sudden? Could it be that 5 teams with 25-27 kids on a roster just = $$$? Now you've figured it out. So many other teams on LI don't need to keep flocking to YJ to support their top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets holds the Last of the girls tryouts... So obviously these girls have not committed to another program and want to play for YJ. who cares how many teams there are in an age groups.... Why can't you all be happy that the kids have a team and are playing learning the game and making new friends... It's better than being cut if YJ had 2or 3 teams and then what the young girl doesn't play all spring or summer? If they don't want to be on the4th or 5th team then they don't have to play and could have tried out for another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the matter? I thought you were all happy to play for YJ organization even if it is 4th or 5th team? Why changing the tune all of a sudden? Could it be that 5 teams with 25-27 kids on a roster just = $$$? Now you've figured it out. So many other teams on LI don't need to keep flocking to YJ to support their top teams.

Here is the reality, these girls would not make the third team TG, that is until TG makes a forth or fifth team, which is likely coming $oon. Maybe there are a few other club options where they could play first team, but what is that getting her? If there are that many girls looking to play, great, good for them, lay off of them. Some of them may be new and will be taking your daughter blue roster spot in a year or two of proper training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously, I would be pissed if lonigro was my coach, if your on that team go to another club quick

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did she take the Costa team or did that team get split up? I can't imagine CR giving Lonigro the 3rd team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of at least 8 girls on 2 different age levels that were not at the YJ tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they are returning players who were injured and unable to tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of at least 8 girls on 2 different age levels that were not at the YJ tryouts.

Are they on the top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's clear to me the kids are happy on these teams. At least YJ
has the volume to accommodate kids from many different ability
levels. Kids just want to play and YJ gives them many opportunities
year round through leagues, camps, clinics, fall and summer tourneys unlike
most other clubs.

They have a consistent staff and most varsity level coaches on every
team. The kids can't help but get better learning from them.

38 2015 kids committed 2016 kids going fast
They just won Mid Atlantic Championships and T3 this past weekend
I must say they have balanced keeping there top teams Elite as well
as developing those that aspire to get to that level.

There teams 4-5 are better than most second teams from other clubs!
Keep up the good work coaches!! YJ you know

teams 1 and 2 are incredibly strong. Then a noticeable drop off in skill. It really doesn't matter if your kid is enjoying herself and playing at the appropriate level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some on top team, some not. And no they were not injured or sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's clear to me the kids are happy on these teams. At least YJ
has the volume to accommodate kids from many different ability
levels. Kids just want to play and YJ gives them many opportunities
year round through leagues, camps, clinics, fall and summer tourneys unlike
most other clubs.

They have a consistent staff and most varsity level coaches on every
team. The kids can't help but get better learning from them.

38 2015 kids committed 2016 kids going fast
They just won Mid Atlantic Championships and T3 this past weekend
I must say they have balanced keeping there top teams Elite as well
as developing those that aspire to get to that level.

There teams 4-5 are better than most second teams from other clubs!
Keep up the good work coaches!! YJ you know

teams 1 and 2 are incredibly strong. Then a noticeable drop off in skill. It really doesn't matter if your kid is enjoying herself and playing at the appropriate level.
So if you played for Costa 2019 last year, you kind of got left behind to play on a weaker team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure? Different coach but, almost same team except for a few. Left behind by who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good move by Carro to dump the FAF and bring up the Smithtown girls. We now have a true BLUE team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure? Different coach but, almost same team except for a few. Left behind by who?
Just replying to previous statement that 1 and 2 teams are incredibly strong, then a noticeable drop in skill. I never saw it that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Left behind meaning Costa going to Blue. Haven't heard anything good about the new coach. Parents who have dealt with her don't approve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats now there is a true blue new FAF in Smithtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cook is the 3rd team
Wrong. Cooks team is a developmental team for weaker kids. I wouldn't waste my money on that team or let my daughter play for them no matter how my daughter feels about it. If you’re on the last 2 teams at this level, there is no way you will move up to Carro or Bert unless your daughter improves dramaticly (and I mean super star) or you have connections. The coaching at that level wont' help your daughter develop into a better player. Between the registration/tourney fees/hotels/gas/food, you can get a lot more bang for your buck with private lessons. Stop giving your money to CR so you can say that your kid is a YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference being the Smithtown kids belong there, end of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that moved up to Blue are way better than the ones that were moved down, no doubt, not even a question about it. The attack alone has improved 100%. Having said that, I do think it helps a little bit(very little) that the new coach is from Smithtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cook is the 3rd team
Wrong. Cooks team is a developmental team for weaker kids. I wouldn't waste my money on that team or let my daughter play for them no matter how my daughter feels about it. If you’re on the last 2 teams at this level, there is no way you will move up to Carro or Bert unless your daughter improves dramaticly (and I mean super star) or you have connections. The coaching at that level wont' help your daughter develop into a better player. Between the registration/tourney fees/hotels/gas/food, you can get a lot more bang for your buck with private lessons. Stop giving your money to CR so you can say that your kid is a YJ.
Pretty expensive wind breaker, but it looks good. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the Smithtown parent....yes some do but others are just as talented and did not get the benefit of the FAF. Not a put down to the Smithtown contingent(many are well deserved) but stating the obvious that they got the benefit of the doubt. Good to be from Smithtown on 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the Smithtown parent....yes some do but others are just as talented and did not get the benefit of the FAF. Not a put down to the Smithtown contingent(many are well deserved) but stating the obvious that they got the benefit of the doubt. Good to be from Smithtown on 2019.
I bet 2019 Blue will be undefeated this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cook is the 3rd team
Pretty expensive wind breaker, but it looks good. LOL
College coaches only look at top 2 teams anyway, maybe the 3rd. Save your money for college instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Order of teams is listed on the website under head coaches
Just follow it down
For 2019 its Carro/Bert/LoNigro/Cook/Heaney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New Yellow Jacket team:
Smithtown South

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You watch...Cook's Team will be the 3rd team by the end of the summer.
Doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good move by Carro to dump the FAF and bring up the Smithtown girls. We now have a true BLUE team!
Good luck to those parents on Berts team that have to deal with the FAF group.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
College coaches only look at top 2 teams anyway, maybe the 3rd. Save your money for college instead.
College coaches will look at players who have expressed a sincere interest in their programs while also demonstrating the academic capability to gain acceptance to the institution. College coaches do not under any circumstances care about the name on the front side of the jersey since they are recruiting individuals, not full teams.

Naturally, the top team in any club will see players with the most offers in the club as those players should have the most talent. Too many readers draw the conclusion that it was the team, not the individual player, that made the recruiting connection. At the end of the day, it comes down to exposure (which the team can afford) and individual player ability.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
New Yellow Jacket team:
Smithtown South
Actually, this is a refreshing development. For more than a year, BOTC has been littered with comments that the program has been a closed group - the so-called "family and friends" package. Now, you see new players coming into the program and moving up the rankings which should be taken as a positive by the lacrosse community at large.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
New Yellow Jacket team:
Smithtown South
Actually, this is a refreshing development. For more than a year, BOTC has been littered with comments that the program has been a closed group - the so-called "family and friends" package. Now, you see new players coming into the program and moving up the rankings which should be taken as a positive by the lacrosse community at large.

I get your point cage but that would be true if what these pot stirrers were saying is true but the whole FAF nonsense was played out a long time ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you should check it again. that is not the order listed on website.

Like Reply Quote
Page 127 of 327 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard