BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 327 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How were tryouts this past Sunday ? Surprised not to see a lot of talk on the forum about it - I guess no surprises - that's good

No changes. All the real blue players are still on the real blue team.

Ha ha start looking for the Npt players, there's the real political connection.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is sad if there is no option for the girls to play inhouse if don't make travel team. However, the statement made was that it is sad they are playing/switching to NCPAL. That decision I don't think is sad. And although the poster was speaking about SMITHTOWN (because I guess you are trying to make a point with caps?) I was simply giving an example of when changing the organization you play in could be beneficial.

***OK, 3 Village plays in NCPAL and SCGL. Smithtown is not playing in either NCPAL or SCGL. They currently have no plans to have any options for girls 5th-8th grade to play other than their Team Smithtown Travel team (or other independant travel program). That is sad. [/quote]

The funny part of this is that we are talking about Smithtown. I have two girls playing scgl and many other lax leagues and often play smith town teams, 5/6th and 7/8th grade. They are a middle of the road program, not sure why they are looking for better competition, they seem to fit right in with most other scgl town teams. Will say that the group of coaches for the older girls are an embarrassment to anything lacrosse. Yelling and screaming at kids, coaches, refs, sad display. The biggest problem with Suffolk is there are a few programs that are just really bad, they need to do a better job knowing which teams are strong and weak and not schedule them to play. The a,b c division thing they have set up doesn't work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard big changes for 2019 blue

Yep. heard PM - friends and family all got dropped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how they decide who plays on what team? Does the 'A' team coach just pick her girls and pass the list on to the next coach? Or do all the coaches of an age group get together and talk about who should play where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where they are getting this information from. The Smithtown Girls Lacrosse Website is announcing signups for their 2014 Intramural Lacrosse Season. It clearly states that games will be played on Sundays in Suffolk County. SO I guess they are offering an option to girls who don't want to play on the Team Smithtown Travel program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What changes are they making to 2017?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you getting your info? I doubt they were moved, unless they wanted to be moved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you’re just stirring the pot, or just trying to get some of the 2019 blue folk’s hopes up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is PM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have so much info I guess you wouldnt mind letting us all know who you are ? Oh thats right you wont because this type of forum is the only place you have the b---- to say anything

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have so much info I guess you wouldnt mind letting us all know who you are ? Oh thats right you wont because this type of forum is the only place you have the b---- to say anything

Ditto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone really know when rosters will be posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters will get posted after the final girl on the 8th magenta team pays her deposit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supposedly Mid November, unless you have the inside scoop like the person who left post #46448.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters will get posted after the final girl on the 8th magenta team pays her deposit.

YJ Rosters get posted soon and No payments due until January. Don't need to play the games the other clubs play where you pay before you know who is on the team. You actually get a month to think it through, not 3 days and ready you get to see your tournament list before you pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Rosters get posted soon and No payments due until January. Don't need to play the games the other clubs play where you pay before you know who is on the team. You actually get a month to think it through, not 3 days and ready you get to see your tournament list before you pay.

What's there to think about? There are no other tryouts, if you're not yet on a team yj it is your only option at this point - hopefully people realize that going into the tryout, if not good luck on team 2,3,4,5,6...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's there to think about? There are no other tryouts, if you're not yet on a team yj it is your only option at this point - hopefully people realize that going into the tryout, if not good luck on team 2,3,4,5,6...

Well to start, the coach. Regardless of what team my daughter is on I want to make sure she has a coach that has the knowledge and experience to help her grow and learn, which does not always mean winning. I don't want to pay only yo find out in 5 or 6 months that my daughter has a college kid who doesn't care about her or a parent who only cares about his or her own kid. Now if you think making the first or second team on any club will gaurantee you a good coach then you have a lot to learn and you are very foolish. Don't you like to know what your paying for before you buy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is PM?
I think it means Pick Mykidsteam

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well to start, the coach. Regardless of what team my daughter is on I want to make sure she has a coach that has the knowledge and experience to help her grow and learn, which does not always mean winning. I don't want to pay only yo find out in 5 or 6 months that my daughter has a college kid who doesn't care about her or a parent who only cares about his or her own kid. Now if you think making the first or second team on any club will gaurantee you a good coach then you have a lot to learn and you are very foolish. Don't you like to know what your paying for before you buy?

There's very little coach turnover and there are parent coaches throughout the entire organization - good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's very little coach turnover and there are parent coaches throughout the entire organization - good luck

Sime of the college kids that coach do stink at coaching, while some know the game way better and beyond most all parents and hs coaches. Many are developing but most come from D1 teams of modern womens lacrosse. A few of them still need to step up and really grab the reins, but you can't knock all the college kids, many of them know the game better than even CR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the point. The question was, "What is there to think about?" No one said all college coaches were bad or all parent coaches favor their own kids. The point was just knowing before you buy!! By the way I have friends who have played for Libery for many years. They had a different coach for the first three years. All of whom stunk and were not disclosed until spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the game at a high level and coaching/teaching the game are two different things. But saying you played at a big D1 helps get you in.

How was Wayne Gretsky as a coach? A 43% winning percentage, and never better than a 4th place finish.

There are some really good school and parent coaches that know the game and can teach it. Dont get caught up in the D1 hype.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the game at a high level and coaching/teaching the game are two different things. But saying you played at a big D1 helps get you in.

How was Wayne Gretsky as a coach? A 43% winning percentage, and never better than a 4th place finish.

There are some really good school and parent coaches that know the game and can teach it. Dont get caught up in the D1 hype.

I understand your point about good players not necessarily being good coaches. But, as a hockey fan, Wayne Gretzky was coaching a poor team that was unloading players due to a pending bankruptcy and ownership change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your point about good players not necessarily being good coaches. But, as a hockey fan, Wayne Gretzky was coaching a poor team that was unloading players due to a pending bankruptcy and ownership change.

YYs attract very good players, many of the teams what you have is sub managers, the teams are going to win regardless of who the coach is. Honestly a monkey could do a better job than some of them. TGs is the same thing. Most all the better players come to the table with very good athletic ability and great skills from training, skills camps and self practice. Give the 3rd or forth team coach who is struggling the 1st team blue roster and all of the sudden they look like coach of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YYs attract very good players, many of the teams what you have is sub managers, the teams are going to win regardless of who the coach is. Honestly a monkey could do a better job than some of them. TGs is the same thing. Most all the better players come to the table with very good athletic ability and great skills from training, skills camps and self practice. Give the 3rd or forth team coach who is struggling the 1st team blue roster and all of the sudden they look like coach of the year.
I agree, I respect the coach who can "coach up" a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Playing the game at a high level and coaching/teaching the game are two different things. But saying you played at a big D1 helps get you in.

Like Jones beating Curcio at the National Draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Playing the game at a high level and coaching/teaching the game are two different things. But saying you played at a big D1 helps get you in.

Like Jones beating Curcio at the National Draw

Ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the registration numbers they have they always get good talent because of the odds. I am pretty sure I could roll out the ball for the Blue team get more than my share of wins. The coaches at the smaller and weaker clubs have to work much harder for respect and results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking so long with the tryout results? 3 grad years (2020, 2019, & 2018) tried out almost 3 weeks ago!!! This wait has been almost unbearable...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's taking so long with the tryout results? 3 grad years (2020, 2019, & 2018) tried out almost 3 weeks ago!!! This wait has been almost unbearable...

Be patient. A lot of kids tried out this year, so it’s going to take a while. If there are 4 – 6 teams per age group, that’s quite a few kids to place on rosters. Plus you have the FAF group, which probably makes things a little bit more difficult to sort out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be patient. A lot of kids tried out this year, so it’s going to take a while. If there are 4 – 6 teams per age group, that’s quite a few kids to place on rosters. Plus you have the FAF group, which probably makes things a little bit more difficult to sort out.

6 Teams in all these age groups? Thats crazy. I still wonder what somebody is getting out of being on a 4th/5th/6th team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The FAF makes it easier to sort out. Half the roster is pre determined, only have to sort out few spots left on the team for the non politically connected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 Teams in all these age groups? Thats crazy. I still wonder what somebody is getting out of being on a 4th/5th/6th team?

What do you really care?? Maybe more than they get from their town teams? Maybe just more playing? You people are so ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. They'll get to play summer lacrosse. They'll make better friends than their school team friends. And they'll win some games and lose some games. And they'll have some fun going to dinner and hanging with new friends and families. And through all this they'll improve their lax skills by playing more. Is any of this really that bad? Blue team is blue team. You don't always have to be on the very best team to improve skills, build endurance, and have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Exactly. They'll get to play summer lacrosse. They'll make better friends than their school team friends. And they'll win some games and lose some games. And they'll have some fun going to dinner and hanging with new friends and families. And through all this they'll improve their lax skills by playing more. Is any of this really that bad? Blue team is blue team. You don't always have to be on the very best team to improve skills, build endurance, and have fun.

Well said coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Exactly. They'll get to play summer lacrosse. They'll make better friends than their school team friends. And they'll win some games and lose some games. And they'll have some fun going to dinner and hanging with new friends and families. And through all this they'll improve their lax skills by playing more. Is any of this really that bad? Blue team is blue team. You don't always have to be on the very best team to improve skills, build endurance, and have fun.

Well said coach.

Just make sure to pay the cashier the 3 grand for all that fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if it was only 3K, I still think its well worth it! I'm sure kids that don't play travel LAX cost their parents a few bucks in the summer anyway!!! Stop complaining about the money! Probably 97% of the people on this site are involved with travel LAX! It's all the same no matter who you play for. I will gladly pay the 3K for " all that fun"! These are great memories!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last tourney is 11/16. There will be no results before then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if it was only 3K, I still think its well worth it! I'm sure kids that don't play travel LAX cost their parents a few bucks in the summer anyway!!! Stop complaining about the money! Probably 97% of the people on this site are involved with travel LAX! It's all the same no matter who you play for. I will gladly pay the 3K for " all that fun"! These are great memories!!!!

tournament = 100.00
hotel = 125.00
meals= 150.00
6 hours in a car with my 15 year old - priceless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must get the FAF discount.

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 327 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard