BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts392,418
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS rosters are not out yet, but I have talked to enough people to have some sense of who’s on which team. Part incompetence and part politics, as you would expect. Heros girls who made yellow got bumped up to red after their moms complained, and the coppermine girl who got cut in first round magically ended up on red after her mom made some calls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

Maybe the moderator will let me post go through this time.

This is really a shame that the boards are filled with people putting down 13 year old girls. Coppermine is a great program. So is heros and M&D. These girls are in 7th grade and the goal is to ensure they love the game and it is fun. Too many girls, especially in MD, are burned out way too early because the game becomes more than it is, it’s just a game. It should be fun!

To the girls who made AS. Congratulations! To the girls who didn’t, it’s not the end of your journey. I know some people don’t realize this but no one will ever care about who made the 7th grade team. Or who made red versus yellow. Keep your DD working hard and having fun! Just hope she loves the game enough to continue to play in high school. Don’t ruin it because you are trying to make the journey a job.

I love these adults that are on a 7th grade girls lacrosse forum and that attempt to devalue ones 7th grade accomplishments. When does it matter? 10th grade? College? Pros?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS rosters are not out yet, but I have talked to enough people to have some sense of who’s on which team. Part incompetence and part politics, as you would expect. Heros girls who made yellow got bumped up to red after their moms complained, and the coppermine girl who got cut in first round magically ended up on red after her mom made some calls.

Yup and on top of the mommy politics there were some absolute head scratchers with the picks. My kid was lucky enough to get on yellow which i didn’t expect but some kids got screwed. Like the maryland united goalie. Nobody who was at that tryout could honestly say she wasn’t the better of the two goalies. Heros kid is very good but the united goalie was absolutely unreal at the tryout. Sad but heros program gets to call shots at AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they think that the girls who got cut should now be added to the roster? Why? Who does that help? She didn’t make it so get over it and move on. There was a coppermine midi who made it without her parents complaining

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine’s parent coaches always seem to be such positive influences on the development of this age group!!! 😂 no wonder why they chose to keep parent coaches at coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully this is not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]IMO, Hero's and M&D black are best teams at this age level across all of the regions, hands down.

This is really a shame that the boards are filled with people putting down 13 year old girls. Coppermine is a great program. So is heros and M&D. These girls are in 7th grade and the goal is to ensure they love the game and it is fun. Too many girls, especially in MD, are burned out way too early because the game becomes more than it is, it’s just a game. It should be fun!

To the girls who made AS. Congratulations! To the girls who didn’t, it’s not the end of your journey. I know some people don’t realize this but no one will ever care about who made the 7th grade team. Or who made red versus yellow. Keep your DD working hard and having fun! Just hope she loves the game enough to continue to play in high school. Don’t ruin it because you are trying to make the journey a job.

I love these adults that are on a 7th grade girls lacrosse forum and that attempt to devalue ones 7th grade accomplishments. When does it matter? 10th grade? College? Pros?

It's the opposite... too many overvalue accomplishments and in turn feel it appropriate to put down 13 year old girls for not "performing". The message, as I read it, wasn't to devalue anyone's accomplishments as the OP clearly congratulated those who made it. It was to encourage those who didn't make it to keep their head up and for those parents to not let some keyboard warrior to bring down their daughter. The problem with this board is people find it appropriate to talk bad about a 13 year old girl. That sir/mam is the problem with youth sports today. Congratulations on your DD making it, it's a wonderful accomplishment and you should be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it wouldn't be appropriate to spread rumors before the roster is released.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it wouldn't be appropriate to spread rumors before the roster is released.

Lol, everyone knows who made it already. This is a small community.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they think that the girls who got cut should now be added to the roster? Why? Who does that help? She didn’t make it so get over it and move on. There was a coppermine midi who made it without her parents complaining

the Coppermine midis who were cut both have Coppermine parent coaches!…. interesting? they didn’t make it so why are they allowed to take the spot of someone who made the cuts. AS, tell us you aren’t that easy? We’re watching to see rosters but if this jibberish is true our daughter won’t be trying out again next year because it’s a complete joke. Here take my money and cut my child if a Coppermine coach wants her daughter accepted instead!? No thanks! Enjoy to those of you who’s daughters got invitations. To those who didn’t, maybe you should take a coaching position at coppermine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do we have proof of this? How do we know this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
especially when you've got parents calling the director of the showcase multiple times to make sure their daughter gets special attention!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Coppermine midis who were cut both have Coppermine parent coaches!…. interesting? they didn’t make it so why are they allowed to take the spot of someone who made the cuts. AS, tell us you aren’t that easy? We’re watching to see rosters but if this jibberish is true our daughter won’t be trying out again next year because it’s a complete joke. Here take my money and cut my child if a Coppermine coach wants her daughter accepted instead!? No thanks! Enjoy to those of you whose daughters got invitations. To those who didn’t, maybe you should take a coaching position at coppermine!
Get your information correct. Don’t know about the calling of the AS staff because how would anyone and like how do you know it’s gospel? Besides that your facts are wrong. Coppermine has one parent coach that you are seemingly putting on blast along with her talented daughter. Who is a kid. Why are you doing that. The girls all celebrate each other-why you gotta be so mean? post is inappropriate on every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t the coppermine kid who was cut the same kid who had the fake US lax post saying she was the best 2029 player a few months ago? I think the same 2 coppermine midis are also the ones who magically got to play at UA Futures when they never even showed up to tryouts a year or 2 ago. And now this? No wonder she thinks she’s the best player in 2029. If this is true what message is being sent to the kids who saw her get cut? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the opposite... too many overvalue accomplishments and in turn feel it appropriate to put down 13 year old girls for not "performing". The message, as I read it, wasn't to devalue anyone's accomplishments as the OP clearly congratulated those who made it. It was to encourage those who didn't make it to keep their head up and for those parents to not let some keyboard warrior to bring down their daughter. The problem with this board is people find it appropriate to talk bad about a 13 year old girl. That sir/mam is the problem with youth sports today. Congratulations on your DD making it, it's a wonderful accomplishment and you should be proud.

Then the "no one cares" was unnecessary. My kid did not make the team however that does not take away from the hard work of all the kids that did. It DOES matter, the hardwork and lessons these children learn through sports ARE the things that everyone should care about. I think there was some encouragement in the message which is appreciated but devaluing the accomplishment is what people do to make someone else feel good. The world is always a friendly place, sometimes things are easy however they are part of the process and the larger picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see when rosters are officially released, but none of the above would be surprising. Politics always shows up in these type of tryouts, even when you supposedly remove bias by having outside evaluators. If true, total joke and everyone should boycott next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want to know that too. Also as someone who has a kid that didn’t make it I wasn’t aware there were two rounds of cuts. What am I missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine was too sick to perform her usual at the tryouts and was told to leave in the 1st cut but I don’t think she will be given the same opportunity as a kid who’s dad is AD at SP and mom is Coppermine coach and x AD of RPCS. So we should all just approach all future tryouts for anything in the area with the acknowledgment that there is actually at least 1 less spot available then indicated by the program, reserved for this child no matter if she shows up or not or outperforms or underperforms at tryouts. I’m sure her parents learned their lesson from this experience and will now start to call ahead of the tryouts to reserve her spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Coppermine midis who were cut both have Coppermine parent coaches!

There is only 1 coppermine parent coach on the 2029 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
especially when you've got parents calling the director of the showcase multiple times to make sure their daughter gets special attention!

Just shut it. You really have no clue! Funny how the moms of a 7th grade lax parent have all the answers and feel their kid is the next TC! I suggest just sit down and shut up and watch your kid have some fun before she she gets tired of your constant complaining. I really don’t think this board has much influence to people that matter in lax but hey keep thinking people care what you think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is with the desperation to get into an event that has truly no significance at this age? Let this be a learning experience for your kid one way or another. The parents who make phone calls and meddle are everywhere in the lax community, but they're doing such a disservice to their kids in the long run. Eventually they will all reach a level where they will have to handle challenges and make it on their own merits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it's true when you see they are carry 23+ girls on each roster. It was supposed to be capped at 22.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are nuts. You realize these girls are 13 and zero coaches are watching these games and they are money grabs at this age. Enjoy some summertime off from the club grind and let them be kids.

Signed parent of a kid on a top team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This can’t be true. People, this is MD! We have so many girls this age with talent unimaginable to the other states. There are so many girls who could have proven themselves worthy at these tryouts and done better than others. I can’t imagine that any parent would argue this to get their child a spot and it’s especially unimaginable that any program would agree to go along with that. My guess is that this is not true. Does anyone have the rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Coppermine midis who were cut both have Coppermine parent coaches!

There is only 1 coppermine parent coach on the 2029 team

The other ones mom coaches a younger coppermine team. Did both of them make AS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This can’t be true. People, this is MD! We have so many girls this age with talent unimaginable to the other states. There are so many girls who could have proven themselves worthy at these tryouts and done better than others. I can’t imagine that any parent would argue this to get their child a spot and it’s especially unimaginable that any program would agree to go along with that. My guess is that this is not true. Does anyone have the rosters?[/quote]

LMAO…. you obviously haven’t met some of the lacrosse parents around here.

And no, roster isn’t out yet, which is suspicious. Girls were supposed to accept already and AS removed the MD tab from rosters list. They are probably still getting panicked calls from coaches and moms and trying to make the roster while hiding the politics behind the scenes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want to know that too. Also as someone who has a kid that didn’t make it I wasn’t aware there were two rounds of cuts. What am I missing?

It sounds like some players who made it through the 1st cuts didn’t get an invitation for a team being a 2nd round of cuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see when rosters are officially released, but none of the above would be surprising. Politics always shows up in these type of tryouts, even when you supposedly remove bias by having outside evaluators. If true, total joke and everyone should boycott next year.
I second that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know it's true when you see they are carry 23+ girls on each roster. It was supposed to be capped at 22.

20 field and 2 goalies per their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean, it IS true. And this whole experience has certainly been eye opening. Everyone who says these kids are young, no one's watching, no one cares, must not have kids playing lacrosse or any other sport. I know my daughter cares, and not in an NCAA championship game way, obviously, but in a 13 yr old, trying to navigate the sports world and the real world and understanding fairness doesn't always come with either, way. Confidence, feelings, right and wrong, being "good enough", are all tied up in these kinds of things and she'll show up (because she wants to), having played the heck out of her tryout and no doubt the heck out of the tournament, knowing fairness wasn't on her side this time. And that @ChillLaxin as a parent, regardless of your kid's age or how important or not someone else thinks the experience is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean, it IS true. And this whole experience has certainly been eye opening. Everyone who says these kids are young, no one's watching, no one cares, must not have kids playing lacrosse or any other sport. I know my daughter cares, and not in an NCAA championship game way, obviously, but in a 13 yr old, trying to navigate the sports world and the real world and understanding fairness doesn't always come with either, way. Confidence, feelings, right and wrong, being "good enough", are all tied up in these kinds of things and she'll show up (because she wants to), having played the heck out of her tryout and no doubt the heck out of the tournament, knowing fairness wasn't on her side this time. And that’s hard as a parent, regardless of your kid's age or how important or not someone else thinks the experience is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I mean, it IS true. And this whole experience has certainly been eye opening. Everyone who says these kids are young, no one's watching, no one cares, must not have kids playing lacrosse or any other sport. I know my daughter cares, and not in an NCAA championship game way, obviously, but in a 13 yr old, trying to navigate the sports world and the real world and understanding fairness doesn't always come with either, way. Confidence, feelings, right and wrong, being "good enough", are all tied up in these kinds of things and she'll show up (because she wants to), having played the heck out of her tryout and no doubt the heck out of the tournament, knowing fairness wasn't on her side this time. And that @ChillLaxin as a parent, regardless of your kid's age or how important or not someone else thinks the experience is.[/quote
Yeah so let’s pretend for a second that what you say is true and posters on here have recklessly “eluded” to who you are all talking about (which btw what the heck so inappropriate )- that kid is GOOD! Watch a lot of lacrosse and she absolutely should have made the team. I don’t know every girl in the area obviously but to say she is one of the top 22 (ummm or 23) is believable to anyone who has watched a game she’s played in. “Fairness” please. You’re for sure the parent blaming refs, coaches, and other players constantly. I know personally I’m happy she’s on my daughter’s team for the tournament and so is my daughter. No mention of life’s not fair or why is this kid on the team from anyone in our house. Sorry about the state of yours. Rough times for ya

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are nuts. You realize these girls are 13 and zero coaches are watching these games and they are money grabs at this age. Enjoy some summertime off from the club grind and let them be kids.

Signed parent of a kid on a top team

This is 100% true. My kid did not try out so I have no dog in this fight; additionally, what are people trying to achieve by posting here and doing a smear job regarding the child and parents? What action are you expecting to happen as a result? Certainly this type of chatter/banter has tarnished the reputation of this tournament(?@ChillLaxin?) and probably exposed some really sad and misterable parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was NOT two rounds of cuts. People need to quit it. If you’re referring to some girls asked to stay longer and some being dismissed -that was NOT a cut. Clearly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the kid who got cut and her mom got her on red is excellent, and other posters have said it was a bad cut. That said, the tryout process was labeled as non-biased, and that is clearly not the case. Life is indeed unfair, but we are well within our rights to complain as paying customers. If they would have told us upfront that girls from certain teams get preference, and that mommy can override the cut process, we wouldn’t have signed up. Terrible process, losers running the show, and a pretty high price tag shows me that we will look elsewhere next year. And bf any sour grapes comments, my kid made a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone actually seen the roster? Were all hero’s players moved from yellow to red? How do you know that any were even moved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I mean, it IS true. And this whole experience has certainly been eye opening. Everyone who says these kids are young, no one's watching, no one cares, must not have kids playing lacrosse or any other sport. I know my daughter cares, and not in an NCAA championship game way, obviously, but in a 13 yr old, trying to navigate the sports world and the real world and understanding fairness doesn't always come with either, way. Confidence, feelings, right and wrong, being "good enough", are all tied up in these kinds of things and she'll show up (because she wants to), having played the heck out of her tryout and no doubt the heck out of the tournament, knowing fairness wasn't on her side this time. And that @ChillLaxin as a parent, regardless of your kid's age or how important or not someone else thinks the experience is.[/quote
Yeah so let’s pretend for a second that what you say is true and posters on here have recklessly “eluded” to who you are all talking about (which btw what the heck so inappropriate )- that kid is GOOD! Watch a lot of lacrosse and she absolutely should have made the team. I don’t know every girl in the area obviously but to say she is one of the top 22 (ummm or 23) is believable to anyone who has watched a game she’s played in. “Fairness” please. You’re for sure the parent blaming refs, coaches, and other players constantly. I know personally I’m happy she’s on my daughter’s team for the tournament and so is my daughter. No mention of life’s not fair or why is this kid on the team from anyone in our house. Sorry about the state of yours. Rough times for ya

Evaluations aren’t supposed to be about “a game she’s played in” AS promised tryout evaluations not evaluations from past games or recommends of friends and teammates. betting your DD isn’t a midfielder on that team and that she’s not the M&D midfielder that was cut or any of the others cut, who probably could have gotten recommendations and had good “games she’s played in”. AS sold a system of tryouts by independent evaluators not affiliated with any clubs or schools as the method for choosing the top players. This is what those people paid for. Worse is that this habit for some people to seemingly cheat the system that everyone else is depending on and that they paid for and comes people like you to cheer them on. It’s not right to blast them and it’s also not right to encourage their behavior at the disadvantage of other talented players. It important to be aware as we help these young players navigate these politics but now that we all are aware everyone should just shut up about all of this and let the outcome of others choices unfold on their own. these choices will have consequences even if they aren’t for years to come and it’s no one here’s responsibility to carry them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the kid who got cut and her mom got her on red is excellent, and other posters have said it was a bad cut. That said, the tryout process was labeled as non-biased, and that is clearly not the case. Life is indeed unfair, but we are well within our rights to complain as paying customers. If they would have told us upfront that girls from certain teams get preference, and that mommy can override the cut process, we wouldn’t have signed up. Terrible process, losers running the show, and a pretty high price tag shows me that we will look elsewhere next year. And bf any sour grapes comments, my kid made a team.

Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just look at American Select’s instagram page and see the pattern of tryout date and then them posting the rosters. No one has a roster currently.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard