BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by baldbear -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,959
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL wins Hoco championship by 11

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NL wins Hoco championship by 11

You mean BLC…. Oh yeah, NL! NL please don’t claim credit. That would be next level arrogances. NL’s new slogan, “Championships bought not earned!!!”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! My commentary was about the prediction of Next Level leading the league not about importance of lacrosse at 12. Obviously, if you have your son competing at the Elite level of club lacrosse you know full well that it matters. I'll predict that the HOCO Elite 2030 division will be a gauntlet of talented boys scrapping to be the best and Next Level will have its work cut out for them to beat Madlax and Crabs. I've seen all three of the aforementioned teams and they are all very good.

More importantly we need the Maryland teams to stop letting teams from New York and Florida eat our lunch at the 2030 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
…don’t forget about teams from Philly. FL? It was one tourney, that team got lucky. Jersey? Meh, not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drama drama it’s amazing how much one lady can cause on the team especially when her son gets very little playing time. Some kids only play lacrosse because their parents make them and think it’s for social climbing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very vague, can we explain what this person has done drama wise and what team or club? This is the forum, dont need names, but good to hear. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably referring to Hawks Mom…she be cray

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will HOCO brackets be set

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never heard of the Clippers? Are they a team? HOCO AA? Go away

They are doing the same thing to AA County that the Predators did to Balt County, take over and become the talk of the county

There are some common threads between leadership of Insta Clippers and the Talk of Ruxton. And the same tired defenses of both on bot. I'd bet the same guy haunts this page, propping up both programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone arrogant enough to think they can predict how 12 year old boys will perform 3 months out is foolish. All the Elite division 2030 teams will be competitive and Next Level, Madlax, FCA and Crabs will undoubtedly be in the mix for the Championship.

Attitude like that will not get your son to D1 . Start's now for most of us in the know. Seen it many times, it doesnt matter at 12,,, it does !!

Yawn. An athlete's motivation at age 12 is just to please his dad. By the end of 8th grade, most of those will stop putting in the extra work because Dad's approval isn't a motivator at 6am in January.

But there's something to the "on track for D1" that hardo elementary school dads love to mouth off about. Funny thing is, they are things you can't control in your son's behavior or workouts.......genetics and what age he hits puberty. By 8th grade, you'll see that elite/NLF clubs simply don't take late bloomer kids who are 4'10", 5'2" etc. No matter how fast they are. No matter their work ethic. No matter their stick skills. They can generally find another kid with those same attributes who is 6 inches taller. Now, sure, that late bloomer may show up in 12th grade on those rosters, but so much will happen in college prep, training and recruiting between now and then.

So....... much as one of the known keys to corporate/financial success is "be really good looking," the key secrets to D1 talent, through at least 10th grade, are "have tall genetics" and "hit puberty before the rest of your grad class." You cannot beat those two factors with wall ball or with "former D1 player coaches." Or with "14 year old work ethic."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take it your son is tall but unathletic?
I see big kids all the time that [Censored]; everyone sees it.
Keep telling your boy he is good, I’m sure he will get there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mikey Sowers would disagree…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mikey Sowers would disagree…

There are outliers but look at any top D1 roster. It's heavily weighted not only towards players who are 5'11"+, but also most of those kids (not all) grew at age 11. Take a look at a top 10 2028 sideline this summer while at a tournament. They're 8th graders and the smallest kid will be 5'7"-5'9"

So hit the wall etc etc but acknowledge there's some luck in the mix (unless ypu hold back your son).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're 8th graders and the smallest kid will be 5'7"-5'9"

So hit the wall etc etc but acknowledge there's some luck in the mix (unless ypu hold back your son).
It's fool how kids automatically grow 6-8 inches taller for every year they are held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone arrogant enough to think they can predict how 12 year old boys will perform 3 months out is foolish. All the Elite division 2030 teams will be competitive and Next Level, Madlax, FCA and Crabs will undoubtedly be in the mix for the Championship.

My sons are 2027, 2028, 2030. There is nothing more pleasing in youth sports than watching "That Dad" of THE 10-12 year old super star, the Dad who has been a tri-county champion loudmouth since his son's 3rd grade Hoco season, suddenly have nothing to say at his son's age 14-15 season because not only is his son not "the best midfielder in the nation," he's not even the best midfielder on his team....which does not win their Hoco bracket. There are certain kids who were 5'6" in 5th grade and a stunning 5'9" in 6th grade.....still 5'9" in 9th grade like everyone else.

Let's all give a quick memorial, "THAT'S RIGHT COOP THAT'S YOURS BABY! SHOWTIME!!!! HE CAN'T STOP YOU! WOOOOOO!!!" shoutout to That Dad. You all know him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen there is a reason Lacrosse has the players it has, The most athletic white players go to the other sports that might pay money one day. Minorities dont go to lacrosse on any consistent basis. They are out. Lacrosse is mainly a prep school with a decent amount of Public school boys.
The majority are the 5-10 - 6' player who has some decent ability. There are some others that are 6' to 6-4 who have decent ability too. We are who we are, and we sure arent Football players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen there is a reason Lacrosse has the players it has, The most athletic white players go to the other sports that might pay money one day. Minorities dont go to lacrosse on any consistent basis. They are out. Lacrosse is mainly a prep school with a decent amount of Public school boys.
The majority are the 5-10 - 6' player who has some decent ability. There are some others that are 6' to 6-4 who have decent ability too. We are who we are, and we sure arent Football players

People melted down on another BOTC feed when I mentioned that in the UA and Iron 44 combines, the winning 40 yard dash times NATIONALLY are in the 4.7-4.8 range. Yeah, part of that is that very few lax players are taught how to properly explode off the line and run a 40 yd dash properly, but another part of it is exactly what you way. 5'10" - 6'2" moderately fast kings unite! (5'7" - 5'11" for D2/D3/college club). Benching 305...but not 500. Running 5.5 minute miles, but never sub-5 minute.

And rather than associate it with race, I think anymore it's more tied to socioeconomic class.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The relevant and non-objectionable portions of the conversation go to a) childrens' growth as an athlete and growth as a lacrosse player changes over the years as they grow up to full development and b) that lacrosse athletes at the top level can have lesser stats than those in a sport like football. As to a), who can argue on the athletics growth? However, lax skills & lax IQ as well as the speed of the game as the levels increase continues to develop over the years even after heighth slows down. As to b), a wealth could be written, but in short: the 55 yard dash that occurs in around 5 seconds, give or take a fraction, isn't relevant to most sports including being a lax midfielder. Midfielders (and other players) are on the field for minutes or more at a time. 0.4 of a second a couple times a game that at most gets a little fast break or requires a slide, are traits that are relatively minimal compared to the speed of the ball, and lax skills and IQ easily overcome this. So the ultimate lax athlete can easily be the 5'11" shifty strong skilled smart athlete, rather than a 6'6" football player who burns out after 5 seconds running. Anyone who has actually been in ground ball scraps or runs full field fast breaks will know how fast the lax burn out occurs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Travellinglaxer
The relevant and non-objectionable portions of the conversation go to a) childrens' growth as an athlete and growth as a lacrosse player changes over the years as they grow up to full development and b) that lacrosse athletes at the top level can have lesser stats than those in a sport like football. As to a), who can argue on the athletics growth? However, lax skills & lax IQ as well as the speed of the game as the levels increase continues to develop over the years even after heighth slows down. As to b), a wealth could be written, but in short: the 55 yard dash that occurs in around 5 seconds, give or take a fraction, isn't relevant to most sports including being a lax midfielder. Midfielders (and other players) are on the field for minutes or more at a time. 0.4 of a second a couple times a game that at most gets a little fast break or requires a slide, are traits that are relatively minimal compared to the speed of the ball, and lax skills and IQ easily overcome this. So the ultimate lax athlete can easily be the 5'11" shifty strong skilled smart athlete, rather than a 6'6" football player who burns out after 5 seconds running. Anyone who has actually been in ground ball scraps or runs full field fast breaks will know how fast the lax burn out occurs.

I still play mens league and your last sentence gave me the PTSDs. Amazing how big the field seems when your old self has to sprint down its length.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did HOCO brackets get posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did HOCO brackets get posted?

2030 Elite

Hawks
Crabs
Clippers
True Chesapeake
Madlax
Next Level
FCA Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your kid still is below average even at lacrosse. That has to hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a ton of overlap with lacrosse and football. I can name more than a few successful college/professional football players that also played lacrosse.
So, in that sense, you would be wrong. Keep trying though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No BLC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you post the AAA teams? Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you post the AAA teams? Thanks!

BLC Blue
Cannons select
Fallston
Kelly Post Grey
Predators
Prostart Blue
Team Maryland
Wolfpack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you seriously ask “no BLC”??
Have you seen the team play, since all the boys went to NL? I’m shocked they’re in AAA …not good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So… Preds talk of AAA! (Did I do that right?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your kid still is below average even at lacrosse. That has to hurt.

Looks like someone has Napoleon syndrome. Dont worry he did conquer Europe. So there is hope for your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good warm-up weekend of lacrosse. Hard to make judgment off a knocking the rust off tourney.

Next Level: Shows still the the best. A confident bunch, will the disease of more impact them in HS? Until then, best team for the foreseeable future.
FCA: Two tight wins vs. Clippers and 91, much improved over '23. 2-0 vs. Clippers so far.
Clippers: Have the horses to compete, aggressive style of play, in the mix for top 4.
True: Only scored 9 goals, but played 3 of the top teams in the country. Lost some kids to Crabs, tough road to top-4.
91: Tight games vs. Clippers and FCA, will be competitive, but HOCO Ws will be tough to come by until add a few more pieces.

*Soon to be 91 Richmond will struggle. Have a few top-end players, but not nearly enough.
**Legacy not a top 10 team in the country, good team, but would be battling for 4th in HOCO.
***Not sure why Red Hot Nationals is playing in a Maryland warm-up spring day of lacrosse. Had kids from the West Coast there.

1. NL
2. Crabs
3. Clippers
4. FCA
5. Max Lax
6. True
7. 91
8. Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Thaw parent here - in case anyone was interested, Hawks parents are still insufferable.
They really think they’re God’s gift; the team is not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, how is that possible? Thought all the “drama” parents left 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, how is that possible? Thought all the “drama” parents left 😂
False, they multiplied and now are ruining two aa county teams. You’d think the coaches would step in, oh wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Thaw parent here - in case anyone was interested, Hawks parents are still insufferable.
They really think they’re God’s gift; the team is not good.

And no one wants to go to st Mary’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been around a lot of teams in AA - no other team even remotely comes close to the Hawks toxicity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prostart parent here- and not an Annapolis resident. What is the deal with these insano Hawks parents? Yelling the wrong things, screaming at the refs after every single whistle. Just insanity if you ask me. Does Matt Hogan still own the Hawks? Someone ought to alert him to these parents. We used to look up to the Hawks, they were the best program around, but I would never let my kid be around that team. They are extremely undisciplined. We watched the Hawks v Crabs game, and the Crabs are much better coached and the parents are better too. Crabs team seemed like a much better team to play for. Sharp uniforms too!

I really wish we had beaten them yesterday, and we had our chance! Although, maybe it's better we didn't, those parents might have fought the refs in the parking lot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prostart parent here- and not an Annapolis resident. What is the deal with these insano Hawks parents? Yelling the wrong things, screaming at the refs after every single whistle. Just insanity if you ask me. Does Matt Hogan still own the Hawks? Someone ought to alert him to these parents. We used to look up to the Hawks, they were the best program around, but I would never let my kid be around that team. They are extremely undisciplined. We watched the Hawks v Crabs game, and the Crabs are much better coached and the parents are better too. Crabs team seemed like a much better team to play for. Sharp uniforms too!

I really wish we had beaten them yesterday, and we had our chance! Although, maybe it's better we didn't, those parents might have fought the refs in the parking lot!

Trust me when I say....MANY MANY people always wish you had beaten the Hawks. The Royal Blue Club would have imploded!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two straight weeks of reporting on Hawks parents. Are they must see TV during Hoco this year? I've never seen them play, BUT i may just have to look up their schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Hawks 2030 team must watch? No
(Watch the Clippers, that’s where their good players went)
Are the Hawks parents and their sideline antics must watch? Affirmative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the game where the kid was yelling at his parent in the stands at the end of game (we were on that field next)?

I would feel bad for any normal parents on that team (if there are any)

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard