BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 58 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had good games this weekend too. Did good against YJ until players kept giving the ball away - over and over. Rest of games went well with a loss to Skywalkers by one. Lots of fool drama at that one.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heroes looked good this week. Beat Prime Time again, who beat NXT and only lost to my daughters team by 1 last week. Kids coming back from injury. They’ll be fine.

Loved the way the team played this weekend finally getting healthy and playing as a team great wins vs Grizzlies mass E played great first half vs YJ until,we turned the ball over and allowed the one girl #1 who literally scored or assisted every goal to beat us Great battle with Skywalkers but could do without the drama These kids are all friends parents need to check themselves can not believe it’s almost over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heroes looked good this week. Beat Prime Time again, who beat NXT and only lost to my daughters team by 1 last week. Kids coming back from injury. They’ll be fine.

Loved the way the team played this weekend finally getting healthy and playing as a team great wins vs Grizzlies mass E played great first half vs YJ until,we turned the ball over and allowed the one girl #1 who literally scored or assisted every goal to beat us Great battle with Skywalkers but could do without the drama These kids are all friends parents need to check themselves can not believe it’s almost over

Chill! This is a big summer for all of these girls and nobody wants to see kids get hurt especially to the point that takes them out of big games with lots of coaches present. People get heated. It’s ok. Apologies were made and things are ok. Parents on both teams are good people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent was fine. The play was too aggressive and we all know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the M&D kid ok after getting injured in the final game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By too rough- you mean in the sky walkers/mnd champs, I assume? I agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think what you’re watching now is rough, you’ll never make it to college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the Hero’s Skywalkers game. Player took a direct hard hit to the head after winning the ball. Other player swinging around her head and connected hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the Hero’s Skywalkers game. Player took a direct hard hit to the head after winning the ball. Other player swinging around her head and connected hard.
So it was not intentional. Things happen on the draw. The players jumping in the air with sticks trying to catch a ball mid air. Somebody getting hit is not a unique situation. Part of the game. Another case for helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it was not intentional. Things happen on the draw. The players jumping in the air with sticks trying to catch a ball mid air. Somebody getting hit is not a unique situation. Part of the game. Another case for helmets.

helmets are the last thing needed if you think it's bad now it will be fool with helmets

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

helmets are the last thing needed if you think it's bad now it will be fool with helmets
The game is going in the direction of more contact. You should prepare yourself for accepting the fact that helmets are coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you were not at the game. That is not at all what happened. Sticks were not swinging in the air. Skywalkers girl got the ball from the ground and got a stick directly to her head by a player known by many teams to swing at girls heads when she gets beat. College players know the right way to play defense so you rarely see this happening in college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did BIC do a standout list for 25’s like they did for 26’s? I still don’t see it? I saw combine results, but no standouts after the event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprises on the list. Top Hero’s girl and other top team girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes
Did BIC do a standout list for 25’s like they did for 26’s? I still don’t see it? I saw combine results, but no standouts after the event.

It’s on inside lacrosse women’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The game is going in the direction of more contact. You should prepare yourself for accepting the fact that helmets are coming.
99 times out of 100 times I hear this, it's from the dad of a large unskilled player that wants to turn girls lax into something akin to football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
someone needs to explain how tanked M&D #2 when they've lost to skywalkers the last three tournaments in a row ??? and why is YJ ranked first when they just lost to M&D ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
someone needs to explain how tanked M&D #2 when they've lost to skywalkers the last three tournaments in a row ??? and why is YJ ranked first when they just lost to M&D ???

Rankings seem to still be from 6/23 and haven't taken L4C games into account. That said, YJ lost to MnD in a shortened playoff game. Doubt they will count that against them. I do think SW will move into the 2 or 3 slot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not use the shortened playoff games in the rankings. Prime Time should be moved down as well from full loses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are a joke. They can’t use wins and loses because the scheming some teams play with the schedule. You would have all teams playing lower brackets, which some do already to get the goal differential higher. Hard for a team like PT to go lower in the rankings when they lose to Heroes because they go and beat Capital and tie teams ahead of them. Most of their games are 1 goal loses. So their gd is close. I don’t know what the fix is but it’s unfair when a team like Heroes beats PT twice and they are still behind, but I get why they use what they have in place now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

99 times out of 100 times I hear this, it's from the dad of a large unskilled player that wants to turn girls lax into something akin to football.
Just goes to show you you know nothing. I am a mom of a 5'7" D1 player who has suffered concussions due to unnecessary contact. Unfortunately it is just the way the game is going. The women's game used to be about speed, skill and finesse. It moving away from that unfortunately. Get used to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings are a joke. They can’t use wins and loses because the scheming some teams play with the schedule. You would have all teams playing lower brackets, which some do already to get the goal differential higher. Hard for a team like PT to go lower in the rankings when they lose to Heroes because they go and beat Capital and tie teams ahead of them. Most of their games are 1 goal loses. So their gd is close. I don’t know what the fix is but it’s unfair when a team like Heroes beats PT twice and they are still behind, but I get why they use what they have in place now.

Yeah. There’s no real way to do it fair. Especially with clubs playing fast and loose with the scheduling. iE Spallina.
To use your Heroes Primetime point. So Heroes goes ahead of Primetime in the rankings because they won heads up twice, both by the same score. But Primetime only lost to the #2 team 4-3. Heroes loose to M&D 12-4. Primetime beat #3 Capital while Heroes lost to Capital15-3. Not sure what would be fair to put Primetime lower. Imagine a team like 180 beats Monster, should they jump ahead after losing badly against every team ahead of Monster? You can’t go solely by heads up and wins and loses. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe a RPI kind of algorithm would probably be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there has to be some legitimacy to these rankings if you look at them as a whole across the grad years….there are many factors I agree….but as much as it pains me to say M&D is consistent across all rankings. So not sure about GD, GA, SOS etc. but the one thing that seems most obvious is…winning and SOS. Pease share opinions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To use your Heroes Primetime point. So Heroes goes ahead of Primetime in the rankings because they won heads up twice, both by the same score. But Primetime only lost to the #2 team 4-3. Heroes loose to M&D 12-4. Primetime beat #3 Capital while Heroes lost to Capital15-3. Not sure what would be fair to put Primetime lower. Imagine a team like 180 beats Monster, should they jump ahead after losing badly against every team ahead of Monster? You can’t go solely by heads up and wins and loses. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe a RPI kind of algorithm would probably be better.

Understand but Hero’s also beat the #2 team Mass Elite 8-6…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there has to be some legitimacy to these rankings if you look at them as a whole across the grad years….there are many factors I agree….but as much as it pains me to say M&D is consistent across all rankings. So not sure about GD, GA, SOS etc. but the one thing that seems most obvious is…winning and SOS. Pease share opinions.

As said here there really is no good solution. If you take a metric where wins are paramount, teams would play down. Let’s use an example with say NXT. NXTgoes and lowers their scheduling from the top brackets to say teams around 20-30. They win every single game by 8 goals. They are 30-0. Should they be the number 1 team because they have no losses and crush everyone. Of course not. Only real way to do it would be like college RPI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Understand but Hero’s also beat the #2 team Mass Elite 8-6…….

That’s my point about the rankings. They don’t matter. Only to parents. Mass is number 2 now. What were they when they played #4-5? That’s why the rankings are not legit. They beat the number 4 team at the time but got crushed by the number 2 and 3 team. How is that possible? Because Each game is different. Each week is different. This isn’t college football that if you beat a team you jump them. That’s why they use their algorithm that in my opinion [Censored]. Need to take into account more than just wins, losses. Need opponents wins loses and strength of schedule and opponents strength of schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As said here there really is no good solution. If you take a metric where wins are paramount, teams would play down. Let’s use an example with say NXT. NXTgoes and lowers their scheduling from the top brackets to say teams around 20-30. They win every single game by 8 goals. They are 30-0. Should they be the number 1 team because they have no losses and crush everyone. Of course not. Only real way to do it would be like college RPI.

And you bring up another great point. Heroes beats Mass Elite. Heroes at the time is 13. Mass elite 4 or 5. Mass elite bumps up to 2. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be real. rankings for the 25s are meaningless since most if not all coaches aren't playing to win, they are playing to showcase players. Maybe playoff games are played to win, but that's it.

Lots of these teams have gone from playing their starters 85% of the time to playing them 60% of the time in order to give backups looks in front of college coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of these teams have gone from playing their starters 85% of the time to playing them 60% of the time in order to give backups looks in front of college coaches

Wish all teams would do this. Know a few that are NOT doing this…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be real. rankings for the 25s are meaningless since most if not all coaches aren't playing to win, they are playing to showcase players. Maybe playoff games are played to win, but that's it.

Fantastic post. A+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wish all teams would do this. Know a few that are NOT doing this…….
How was playing time at G8 today? Should have been equal as there are no playoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some competitive games and some blowouts.,,,Spallina doing what they do, Skywalkers lost to Heros…but their players are in equal amounts of time so that has something to do with it.

Prime Time crushed Monsters…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some competitive games and some blowouts.,,,Spallina doing what they do, Skywalkers lost to Heros…but their players are in equal amounts of time so that has something to do with it.

Heros wasn't doing equal PT? surprising since they typically do that in recruiting events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros wasn't doing equal PT? surprising since they typically do that in recruiting events.

SWs offense had way too many turnovers but the defense looked great. Spallina was looking consistently good on both ends of the field, very aggressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW - 0-4, blame it on even playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, two girls hardly ever come out……..Silly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the teams played their girls evenly. Others teams were just better. Glad so many coaches were watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only have 6-8 kids on the bench. It’s not like they are whole sale subbing. Top teams are all capable of beating each other. Only MnD and YJ Spallina are different level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can that be if all teams are playing equal ? Too many turnovers and too many forced shots would be the best reason.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 58 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard