BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 254 of 268 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I live in Pequa bottom line is the team was not good that’s a fact on top of that the coaching was horrible 2 really nice guys but horrible coaches. The only guy that new what he was doing was not even a paid coach and he left mid season because he got into it with the assistant. Pequa Lax reign is over they will not b any good in the near future

Through at least next year, where they will struggle to get “any” wins. Not a good crop of 24’s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you rank the different classes (A, B, C, D) this past year, from best to worst?

Here’s my thoughts from a Suffolk perspective:

1. C
2. B
3. A
4. D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope everyone enjoyed another predetermined LI Lacrosse Showcase. Maybe next year it should be invite only and save us the 2 hours. Oh wait, than they couldn't take our money and give us a $5.00 pinny. Don't tell me it's not a dog and pony show since i know for a fact undeserving and kids that weren't even there got pushed through. It's all about the kids right??
The numbers were light compared to previous years. Has the luster worn off this event? Shame because my older ones enjoyed it. I do understand how the selections could irk some people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope everyone enjoyed another predetermined LI Lacrosse Showcase. Maybe next year it should be invite only and save us the 2 hours. Oh wait, than they couldn't take our money and give us a $5.00 pinny. Don't tell me it's not a dog and pony show since i know for a fact undeserving and kids that weren't even there got pushed through. It's all about the kids right??

Then why did you wait until now to speak up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funniest comment in a while

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think they pushed kids through without trying out? How would you know that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For starters. Every year there are players that don’t attend tryouts that are on the roster. The tryouts are a complete mess. Not organized correctly -Too many players. Not enough coaches or evaluators. How can a few evaluators fairly or honestly evaluate kids in such disarray ? Emails to players went out that night ..how is that possible. Because the roster was already chosen before the tryouts. There are good players on roster no doubt but some on the roster have the benefit of a high school or club coaches influence or a towns lacrosse legacy to thank for being on roster. It’s sad because this use to be the event on LI. Now it’s a waste of time for most .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think they pushed kids through without trying out? How would you know that?

100%, happens every year for a fact, several players were "injured" or unable to make it and already got notified the advanced, PROVE ME WRONG. The second or third round of games that night was being played and 7-10 evaluators were standing talking with their backs to the games the entire time, why?, because they already wrote down the players they were pushing through. It is a shame because good players without connected coaches have no shot. One of the "tryout" teams had 6 or 7 players from the same Hs program, how is that fair to anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, just maybe, they thought it would be different his year and didn't want to make excuses. Some people actually allow thier children to draw their own conclusions. Congratulations to those that advanced, but if you think the players advancing were the most deserving you are delusional. The players advancing were mostly were more represented by HS, club and known programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens every year and funny thing is that they advertise that you have to be at certain events to make the team. Don't worry once the Nassau Suffolk game is played and kids decline offer to play upstate they frantically call around asking players to sign up... All connections....Don't know of any kids that got college offers because of the Long Island Showcase.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on!
Is there a link to the Nassau All - County selections & AA awards ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens every year and funny thing is that they advertise that you have to be at certain events to make the team. Don't worry once the Nassau Suffolk game is played and kids decline offer to play upstate they frantically call around asking players to sign up... All connections....Don't know of any kids that got college offers because of the Long Island Showcase.

That is an incorrect statement. Just going to throw this out there, YOU don’t know, I know six!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa boycotted the County awards?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We stopped wasting our money after my older one finally said no thanks. All HS and club affiliations pumping up their programs. I wouldn't have minded donating the $$ to the coaches association if it was billed as a play day or invite only. Someone said it and yes kids get chosen even if they don't tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We stopped wasting our money after my older one finally said no thanks. All HS and club affiliations pumping up their programs. I wouldn't have minded donating the $$ to the coaches association if it was billed as a play day or invite only. Someone said it and yes kids get chosen even if they don't tryout.

Whole lot of whining and crying here lately. Explains a lot of kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whole lot of whining and crying here lately. Explains a lot of kids!
So you're ok with no transparency and giving money, just to send another kid because they have more coaching connections?? This was our first and last time at this event. I know for a fact that a player who didn't participate was offered a spot in the next round and it's not because there weren't enough players. I can't blame the kids, it's the unethical people running the event. These are hs coaches mentoring our young men? No wonder Nassau gets a bad rap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The numbers were light compared to previous years. Has the luster worn off this event? Shame because my older ones enjoyed it. I do understand how the selections could irk some people.

There are 3 kids picked on 2024 that didnt even play this year for their varsity lol. [Censored] time only. Meanwhile kids that did play, on the same team, that started ahead of them. Just another youth lacrosse $$$ grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would also love the link if available, thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Calhoon not win the County Championship and have the Attackman of the Year in Nassau County?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Calhoon not win the County Championship and have the Attackman of the Year in Nassau County?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Calhoun should have won the county championships. Refs filed at least 4/5 calls the other way, that’s clear. Garden City no doubt a great team, but that game had horrible officiating

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You mean Calhoun should have won the county championships. Refs filed at least 4/5 calls the other way, that’s clear. Garden City no doubt a great team, but that game had horrible officiating[/quote

bad calls happen, the outcome stays the same. They lost the county championship and have the NC attackman of the year?? They got crushed in the first meeting w GC 16-8 and lost to SS 10-5. Not comprehensible other than politics and the old buddy system

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think that care about the regular season results in a 3 horse race?? No other team was a threat, it was all about the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think that care about the regular season results in a 3 horse race?? No other team was a threat, it was all about the playoffs.
I couldn't agree more, Calhoun lost in the County playoff's!! You may not realize this, but the best teams won 3 more games to win States!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing how people complain about different subjects but don't have any guts to post their name. That is a problem with today's society. The officials were not the reason why GC won another state championship. The Calhoun players played their hearts out and should be commended for their efforts. The coaches coached a great game and had a great season. The problem with today's sports is that everyone thinks they know everything but really know very little.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing how people complain about different subjects but don't have any guts to post their name. That is a problem with today's society. The officials were not the reason why GC won another state championship. The Calhoun players played their hearts out and should be commended for their efforts. The coaches coached a great game and had a great season. The problem with today's sports is that everyone thinks they know everything but really know very little.
The problem with today's society is that no one wants to debate the facts, they just want to kill the messenger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it's a team sport and GC was deeper. Calhoun had a great run but they didn't lose because of poor officiating. Like it or not, It absolutely was the correct call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 3 kids picked on 2024 that didnt even play this year for their varsity lol. [Censored] time only. Meanwhile kids that did play, on the same team, that started ahead of them. Just another youth lacrosse $$$ grab.

Modern medicine is unreal. Yesterday, I watched a player running up and down the field, last week he was so hobbled he couldn't try out. Gosh I hope he's ok to get undeservedly pushed into the next round. Great job NCLCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun and GC put on a show for a great game, played their hearts out, could have went either way. Calhoun players and coaches had an incredible year, they really put themselves on the map.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any top tier travel teams actually practicing before tournaments start tomorrow. I know of one big team that hasn't had any - and zero communication from their coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calhoun and GC put on a show for a great game, played their hearts out, could have went either way. Calhoun players and coaches had an incredible year, they really put themselves on the map.

They went 12-4 and played one regular season game out of Nassua county vs West Babylon. Please stop now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any top tier travel teams actually practicing before tournaments start tomorrow. I know of one big team that hasn't had any - and zero communication from their coach.

I know what team you are - it's been the talk of the community for 5 years....keep adding adding adding players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They went 12-4 and played one regular season game out of Nassua county vs West Babylon. Please stop now!

I’ll add in at 12-4 Calhoon also got two position players and the coach of the year. Comedy Central

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What school has a graduation before Regents testing is done? So bizarre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know what team you are - it's been the talk of the community for 5 years....keep adding adding adding players.

I don’t think anyone practices anymore. Maybe one or two. 2024’s are already committed on top teams, so nobody really cares about “winning it all” during this final year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But Calhoun had the best defenseman and attackman by a wide margin so deserved those awards.
Sorry GC dad, unzip your vest and take a deep breath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But Calhoun had the best defenseman and attackman by a wide margin so deserved those awards.
Sorry GC dad, unzip your vest and take a deep breath.

You can keep the individual awards, I’d rather have a Championship. Put a shirt of your sloppy belly and put down the Schlitz.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Modern medicine is unreal. Yesterday, I watched a player running up and down the field, last week he was so hobbled he couldn't try out. Gosh I hope he's ok to get undeservedly pushed into the next round. Great job NCLCA
Disappointing to see what this event has turned into. Laughable to call it a showcase, when the best players don't advance year after year. It seems whomever has the most connections to their club coaches get put through. The "evaluators" don't even watch the players during the event. I'd love to hear from at least one hs coach who can say it's not predetermined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disappointing to see what this event has turned into. Laughable to call it a showcase, when the best players don't advance year after year. It seems whomever has the most connections to their club coaches get put through. The "evaluators" don't even watch the players during the event. I'd love to hear from at least one hs coach who can say it's not predetermined.

What best players? Dude just because your son didn’t make it hardly makes him the “best player” maybe, just maybe you’re a bit biased. Truth is….best players did make it, just not yours. Facts

Like Reply Quote
Page 254 of 268 1 2 252 253 254 255 256 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard