BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant has 40 College coaches on staff, that why.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blatant has 40 College coaches on staff, that why.

Lol. That’s funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this level there may be blowouts with less skilled teams entering but recruiters are not / should not be looking at teams and wins:losses but they are likely focusing on individual recruits they have on their list some of which may be in B squads. That’s my guess

I don’t think 2025 B team players are on any list. And they don’t care about wins and loses, but if your sons team get wiped out they won’t even watch.

This isn't true at all. There are a lot of colleges with a lot of lists. There are plenty of "B Team" kids who are better than at least some players on A team rosters. Your team grading doesn't matter anymore. Sorry, folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't anyone talk about how important prospect days are at this point? All this drivel about AAAAA-level tournaments is useless. Find the schools your soon wants to attend and go to those prospect days. They get to know your kids that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Showcases" The only case is the one the organizers fill with your money. If your an offensive player, these things are a waste. Its "Hero ball" No passing, etc Everyone trying to impress the "Scouts"...Thats not Lacrosse. Prospect Days are a better bet.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't anyone talk about how important prospect days are at this point? All this drivel about AAAAA-level tournaments is useless. Find the schools your soon wants to attend and go to those prospect days. They get to know your kids that way.

That plus individual showcases that have the schools you are targeting in attendance
There are so many individual showcases for all levels D1, D2, D3 and high academic only D3. Ask your directors. They should be able to guide you in the right direction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Showcases" The only case is the one the organizers fill with your money. If your an offensive player, these things are a waste. Its "Hero ball" No passing, etc Everyone trying to impress the "Scouts"...Thats not Lacrosse. Prospect Days are a better bet.

The kids who DO pass and play the game the right way stand out in those settings actually. Definitely only a waste if you're going to play showcase ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful. Many prospect days are hit and miss and mostly miss because they are money grabs that help supplement the assistant coaches salary. Prospect days do help if: 1) your coach has a connection with their staff and they can communicate, 2) you are asked to attend (not through a spam email chain) directly from their coaching staff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some showcases are decent (LaxMasters, ML8) but a lot of them are money grabs. Prospect days are only marginally better because they are not as large as showcases but they are also money grabs unless you have some sort of connection to the school But totally agree that showcases are hero ball and also agree, those they show a complete game (ride, passing, hustle) showcase very well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can share from my 24 was the following helped in this order, NLF tournaments, 1% PCT showcase, IMG showcase and club coach. High School on Island is not top tier so we got a lot of help from his NLF team.and coach. Hope this helps you all and good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can share from my 24 was the following helped in this order, NLF tournaments, 1% PCT showcase, IMG showcase and club coach. High School on Island is not top tier so we got a lot of help from his NLF team.and coach. Hope this helps you all and good luck.

But the Rebels dads keep telling me that NLF is dead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my experience with my oldest (2022) and his teammates was that each and every player has a different experience. No one has the same path. Everyone you ask will give advice based on their experience it’s all good advice but may not work for you. We had great help from our directors. They did not offer the help. We had to go to them Once we did. They guided us in the right direction. You ( the player as well) must put in the effort. In contacting and emailing coaches.
The best advice we got was take lacrosse out of the decision. Make a list of schools you want to attend. That fit you academically and socially. Ask the question if I was not playing lacrosse. Would I want to be at this school. Then target those schools. Find out where and when the coaches are going to be. And get yourself in front of them. Email them. Send film. Fill out the recruiting questionnaire on their website
I agree with the HS coach unless it’s a blue blood school or one of the top private schools. Then they can help. As for the NLF. It helps but not the only way. My 22 did not play for a NLF team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. My son plays for a middling high school team and his coach hasn't helped at all. It's frustrating but I'm guessing not uncommon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. My son plays for a middling high school team and his coach hasn't helped at all. It's frustrating but I'm guessing not uncommon.

standard unless at the big 2 with big buks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The old blame the coach for my kids lack of success complaint. It’s as old as time. Get up off your couch and get to work for YOUR son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The old blame the coach for my kids lack of success complaint. It’s as old as time. Get up off your couch and get to work for YOUR son.

Stop pretending you have any idea what is going on here. My son's hs coach isn't helping, but his club coach and director are. Take your trolling somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop pretending you have any idea what is going on here. My son's hs coach isn't helping, but his club coach and director are. Take your trolling somewhere else.

Yup, the coach you PAY thousands of dollars is helping. Stop paying him and see what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ron Caputo gave a great recruiting talk to the parents yesterday at the Players Series and then held a Q&A. One theme was don’t wait around for things to happen. Make them happen with film, emails, but not spamming coaches, and prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ron Caputo gave a great recruiting talk to the parents yesterday at the Players Series and then held a Q&A. One theme was don’t wait around for things to happen. Make them happen with film, emails, but not spamming coaches, and prospect days.

Nice guy. They give the same talk every year at TPS. But in all honesty for the top tier 10% D1 and d3 your only way in is if you are an elite player and they have found you or you have a connection through high school or club. For the remaining 90% you are SOL because the elite colleges are not even opening your email or watching your film.

However I would agree with caputos assessment if you are going for mid to low d2 or d3 program. Then his strategy works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice guy. They give the same talk every year at TPS. But in all honesty for the top tier 10% D1 and d3 your only way in is if you are an elite player and they have found you or you have a connection through high school or club. For the remaining 90% you are SOL because the elite colleges are not even opening your email or watching your film.

However I would agree with caputos assessment if you are going for mid to low d2 or d3 program. Then his strategy works.

Good points. End result is the club oversell what they can do. Unless it’s Legacy, 91 or Express in my opinion. At this age if you are part of another club, get ready to do 95% of work. Again my opinion, and based on past experiences. And this is for the non ranked kids. If your is ranked, you are fine and his phone will light up in a few months. The rest you can bed early on Aug 31st.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a lot this group has one or two tourneys left. How many of you witnessed a lot of coaches on sidelines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meat of schedule is here now with Nike National All Star Games this weekend with 200 college coaches, same at Summer Showdown, NLF National Championship which is the biggest, and then NAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is Alston money that colleges can offer at the D1 level. It's $5,980 per year, but only the big schools with football $ may put it out there. It's in addition to a scholarship offer, but not all schools and/or sports(non-revenue sports) get it. It is an optional perk that comes from the school's athletic director who decides what sports may get it. Some womens lacrosse programs offer it. Just an fyi for 2025's to know about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people don’t get it, theirs no money left! 12 years ago they were hurting for players, Goalies were getting full rides! Now their are so many kids playing and so many kids on a team it’s peanuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people don’t get it, theirs no money left! 12 years ago they were hurting for players, Goalies were getting full rides! Now their are so many kids playing and so many kids on a team it’s peanuts!

I do agree that most players are getting less than a decade ago. Rosters have increased to over 50 players. A good percentage of schools are not fully funded. They do not have the Max amount of scholarships However with the cost of tuition these days every little bit helps. From my experience with my 22, academic money was the key. He was able to combine athletic and academic which brought him to 70% of the tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very helpful and thanks for information

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is money around. Maybe not full-rides but there is plenty of money around to help with the cost of an education. Stop the negative [Censored].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, the coach you PAY thousands of dollars is helping. Stop paying him and see what happens

Why on earth would I stop paying him when I need him most? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't care if my son plays another second of travel ball but I'll keep paying to get the advantage of his club director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why on earth would I stop paying him when I need him most? That doesn't even make sense.

I don't care if my son plays another second of travel ball but I'll keep paying to get the advantage of his club director.

Just remember, if you had invested that money into tutors the scholarship money would have been three times what you’re getting for lacrosse. Even a 529 would have given you a better return. That’s the “why on earth”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on with the S2S 2nd team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are terrible Whats the real question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are terrible Whats the real question?
Coming from a person who probably never played a sport in their life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

They are seemingly going down a similar path as Igloo Flurry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

Unless you are on that team why do you care? Just to start trouble? Totally different situation from Igloo. Players and parents on both 2025 squads expectations have been met.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

What path is that? Do you mean take peoples money, not be transparent, than screw kids after it's too late to move teams? I don't think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

What path is that? Do you mean take peoples money, not be transparent, than screw kids after it's too late to move teams? I don't think so.
Well this season is over and I know they played in some tournaments. Whats the issue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gentleman my son just graduated and is playing at one of the D-1 schools on LI. He had a ton of offers but didn't want to go away. My son played on what all you guys consider a lower level travel team. He went to nothing extra he only went to whatever tournaments his team played in. He did play on a good HS team though. The only prospect day he went to was the school he is going to because that particular coach asked him to go. My point is you guys can waste money on all these extra showcases but if your kid can play the coaches know who he is. My opinion pick five schools that he really likes especially if he decides not to play, then go to those prospect days. Good luck, oh and the reason I look at this thread is because my nephew is a 2025 so I like to check and see if the stupidity is the same as the 2023 thread was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gentleman my son just graduated and is playing at one of the D-1 schools on LI. He had a ton of offers but didn't want to go away. My son played on what all you guys consider a lower level travel team. He went to nothing extra he only went to whatever tournaments his team played in. He did play on a good HS team though. The only prospect day he went to was the school he is going to because that particular coach asked him to go. My point is you guys can waste money on all these extra showcases but if your kid can play the coaches know who he is. My opinion pick five schools that he really likes especially if he decides not to play, then go to those prospect days. Good luck, oh and the reason I look at this thread is because my nephew is a 2025 so I like to check and see if the stupidity is the same as the 2023 thread was.

And I'm guessing that yes, you've found that it is.

Thank you for the insight. Coaches will find you if you're talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What have you heard?

Well this season is over and I know they played in some tournaments. Whats the issue?

They had very low members when my sons played them and even had players from the Hawks fill in. Those numbers won’t improve and the question is…do you stick it out or do you try to make that one last move so the fall and next season are worthwhile.

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard