BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 327 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since this is the 13's last year do you think there will be much movement between teams? and what will they be doing with the 13/14 east team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
since this is the 13's last year do you think there will be much movement between teams? and what will they be doing with the 13/14 east team?

Will the new age appropriate and not grade U.S. Lacrosse rules have any effect on any YJ rosters/tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come suffolk allstars dont have a forumn. there 16's are best team on LI. Beat YJ blue twice this past year. How do you get a forumn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the talk about topguns and yj. Allstars have beaten both the teams at 2016 year.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
how come suffolk allstars dont have a forumn. there 16's are best team on LI. Beat YJ blue twice this past year. How do you get a forumn.
We have just added a Girls 2016 discussion thread. If you wish to add a club specific discussion, please feel free to become a registered user and start the new discussion!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk All Stars is not better than YJ Blue 16 keep dreaming. You lost to them at Hofstra Saturday too!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Suffolk County Allstars 2016 parent,

Question-

At which tournament did you even play the Topguns 2016 team nevermind beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break about suffolk all-star girls beating yj blue 2x this year. Have you ever beat them in a tournament with a playoff format, no because you never will. You do not see a YJ parent on here bragging about how a team of yj blue players with no subs in the last game of the day and missing several of their better players beat the suffolk all-stars at full strength this past weekend with ease at Hofstra. The reason why is because those parents realize beating scas is nothing to brag about just another team of yj wannabes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break about suffolk all-star girls beating yj blue 2x this year. Have you ever beat them in a tournament with a playoff format, no because you never will. You do not see a YJ parent on here bragging about how a team of yj blue players with no subs in the last game of the day and missing several of their better players beat the suffolk all-stars at full strength this past weekend with ease at Hofstra. The reason why is because those parents realize beating scas is nothing to brag about just another team of yj wannabes

Classic YJs, always an excuse when they lose, and then the name calling starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe it or not, there is a large group of girl's lacrosse parents and players who are actually YJ "DO NOT WANNABES". That is they do not wannabe connected to the ill will and poor attitudes so prevelent on the field and these message boards. So if that means competing for a less competitive team (that's the way you obviously see it anyway), then so be it. A better attitude on display, both on the field and on these threads would go a long way to actually attracting people to the organization rather then warding people away. And sorry in advance to what I'm sure is most players and parents, as I know many good people associated with this club. But all it takes is a few to set the tone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what team your child plays for but I have seen some nonsense from every long island travel parents so maybe you should refrain from being critical about yj players and parents.That being said if your child plays for express then feel free to be critical because I have yet to witness them acting like a bunch of children, parents and players alike have been good all around from what I have seen.To state that the yj have displayed poor attitude on the field is nonsense and makes you appear to be a yj wannabe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think there will be much movement between teams for the yj 2013 team ths year? especially due to the change in rules will they or other teams be affected since i know thy play up goalies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you think there will be much movement between teams for the yj 2013 team ths year? especially due to the change in rules will they or other teams be affected since i know thy play up goalies?

Is your daughter a goalie? Are you hoping she moves up? Just say so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have read a couple comments on the rules changing this year, without much detail. Is this the rules from US Lacrosse that govern many tournament your talking about or PAL rules. And is the age of the players involved in this?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I have read a couple comments on the rules changing this year, without much detail. Is this the rules from US Lacrosse that govern many tournament your talking about or PAL rules. And is the age of the players involved in this?
The rules will drive US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments. The reach beyond those boundaries is still to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your daughter a goalie? Are you hoping she moves up? Just say so!

no she isnt actually she belongs to a gold tema nd if the goalies werent allowed to play up i wanted to see others perception of how much he teams would change in quality thank you very much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you know for a fact allstars was playing at full strength? Always excuses from the YJ's. Not everyone wants to play for that organization hate to tell you. Without player cards there is no way to really know who was playing where. What was the final score anyway- was it a blow out or a close game? Competition is good for the game- stop assuming that the YJ's are the only game in town

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without player cards there is no way to really know who was playing where
Seems as if you want to acuse a team of cheating but don't have the guts to call any team out.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Without player cards there is no way to really know who was playing where
Seems as if you want to acuse a team of cheating but don't have the guts to call any team out.

Seems like he/she just called out YJ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you know for a fact allstars was playing at full strength? Always excuses from the YJ's. Not everyone wants to play for that organization hate to tell you. Without player cards there is no way to really know who was playing where. What was the final score anyway- was it a blow out or a close game? Competition is good for the game- stop assuming that the YJ's are the only game in town

It does seem like when the YJs win, they love to talk about the strength of the team, but when the YJs lose, then their team wasn't trying to win (hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or the best one yet from Yj parents, we were playing up , so it shouldn't really count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ, Its ok to lose a game, not the end of the world, no team is perfect, the yankess lose games. take the loss, shutup, and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ 2016 Gold frequently play Down, you wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Gold Always plays in their Age group and has nver played down. My kid is on the team. Take her trash somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or the best one yet from Yj parents, we were playing up , so it shouldn't really count.

David Letterman is doing a new Top Ten on his show:

"Top Ten Funniest Excuses we Hear from YJs Parents When Their Daughters Team Loses"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
u dont know what your talking about. maybee you should pay more attention to the teams they play at tournaments. maybee Walk around the field, talk to other teams parents, find out where there from and how old they are. like most other clubs do. oh wait you cant do that,,, your a YJ parent. and yes they do play down some times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"(hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Show me one time that any yellow jacket parent/player said they were not playing at full strength .You hate the yj so much you seem to make things up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The YJ 2016 Gold frequently play Down, you wonder why? "
Another moron just making stuff up because he cannot stand the fact his kid was not good enough to make yj .Which tournament did they play down , never but just keep making nonsense up

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"The YJ 2016 Gold frequently play Down, you wonder why? "
Another moron just making stuff up because he cannot stand the fact his kid was not good enough to make yj .Which tournament did they play down , never but just keep making nonsense up
Effective immediately, the Yellow Jack team playing "down" issue is off limits UNLESS someone can point to the date/game/tournament that it took place. The conversation ends right here until someone gives BOTC the facts otherwise. Happy to see the evidence - not the babble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"(hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Show me one time that any yellow jacket parent/player said they were not playing at full strength .You hate the yj so much you seem to make things up.

Sure, I will gladly show you.

Post # 3768 on the Girls 2016 Fall category.

Here is the actual quote:

"By the way that team that beat you with ease had 0 subs (the same number of goals you had at the draw)and was missing many of their better players while you guys were at full strength."

Any other questions or false accusations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread everyone is complaining about yj players, playing down. On the Top Gun thread every one was complaing about players playing up. Maybe the age requirement/restrictions coming down the pipe through US Lacrosse will fix all this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" but when the YJs lose, then their team wasn't trying to win (hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Sorry did not use your nonsense qoute in its full context,you seem to be stating that they make excuses when they lose but the example you are giving is a game they won so once again you just make stuff up.You have yet to show me a yj parent/player making an excuse when they lose saying they were not at full strength.The hard part is deciding if you are that bitter that your child could not make a yj team so you make up lies or if you just cannot understand other people posts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" but when the YJs lose, then their team wasn't trying to win (hilarious) or their team wasn't at full strength. "
Sorry did not use your nonsense qoute in its full context,you seem to be stating that they make excuses when they lose but the example you are giving is a game they won so once again you just make stuff up.You have yet to show me a yj parent/player making an excuse when they lose saying they were not at full strength.The hard part is deciding if you are that bitter that your child could not make a yj team so you make up lies or if you just cannot understand other people posts

You specifically asked where a YJ parent said the team was not full strength (feel free to revisit your post). That is what was shown to you. And frankly it is pretty funny that they make excuses, even when they win!!

If you are looking for one example where YJ parents simply makes excuses, how's this post:

"Yes I watched the delaware game in which all-stars beat yj blue by 1 goal.Yes the yj played out of their normal positions the entire game ,defense playing attack ,attack playing defense, both goalies playing equal time etc..Yj down by 1 goal with short time not even pressuring ball.yes suffolk all-stars did beat yj blue,no yj blue did not put their best effort forward"

I have to be honest. It is enjoyable not only to prove you wrong, but to prove what many people say about some YJ parents; they are blinded by arrogance. Even your last comment about "not making the YJs" proves my point. Very mean spirited, and of course, not true.

YJ teams lose, SuffolkAllStars lose too. Deal with it like a grown up should, without excuses, without hostility, and with some class. Perhaps this behavior will spread to some the players and parents as well, on both sides of the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just one of many times the YJ 2016 Gold plays down. This Sunday at the Lax for Hope tourney in Oakdale TEAM #38 YJ 2016 GOLD PLAYS 3 2017 TEAMS!!! Its the coaches obligation to inform the directors that his team is not going to get better playing down again and insist on playing their own age group or up. Maybe they don't do so good when playing on age or up? There are other tourneys this past summer this team played down!! Afraid to play up?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just one of many times the YJ 2016 Gold plays down. This Sunday at the Lax for Hope tourney in Oakdale TEAM #38 YJ 2016 GOLD PLAYS 3 2017 TEAMS!!! Its the coaches obligation to inform the directors that his team is not going to get better playing down again and insist on playing their own age group or up. Maybe they don't do so good when playing on age or up? There are other tourneys this past summer this team played down!! Afraid to play up?
First, as a charity fund raiser, the Yellow Jackets organization has stepped up to put teams into the event. As a charity tournament that BOTC itself has carried for free in our first year, we think it is one thing to knock the event - it is another to put some skin in the game and help the cause. Both the Yellow Jackets and BOTC, along with all the participants are trying to help.

Second, you are aware of the tournament rules we assume - those rules include the facts that this is a 7v7 play for the win event with 25 minute running games.

Third, the Jackets have three teams in Varsity A (from 12), one in Varsity B, two in Junior Varsity (from 7), five in Middle School (from 8), and two in Risers (from 7).

So, where does this lead us? Could the 2016 Gold have fit in the Junior Varsity division as a second eighth grade team in Junior Varsity? Perhaps. As eighth graders, are they playing down in the Middle School bracket? No.

In closing, BOTC thinks that the cause comes first here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yikes! Just looked at the tournament brackets and half of the teams in the tournament are yellow jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not get sidetracked about this wonderful charity event. It should be made clear that the Middle School Division in this Lax for Hope this Sunday has 3 other 2016 teams in it other than the #38 team 2016 YJ Gold.They should be playing games amongst themselves, and leave the 2017 teams to play against themselves.Again the 2016 YJ Gold team is playing all their 3 games against 2017 teams.Is this clear to the people that deny 2016 YJ Gold plays down!!

Like Reply Quote
O
Oh Boy
Unregistered
Oh Boy
Unregistered
O
Soooooo thankful I asked a simple question about the level of teams participating way back when! Good luck to all the travel teams! Great event, great cause, but glad instinct paid off after reading this terrific blog and my PAL team made a donation but passed. My previous comment asked the folks who were able to give the heads up if this was a town or competitive tourny as we are a novice team who did not want to take a beating, may the best team win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"one of many times the YJ 2016 Gold plays down. This Sunday at the Lax for Hope tourney in Oakdale TEAM #38 YJ 2016 GOLD PLAYS 3 2017 TEAMS"
You must be a little slow. The team is comprised of 8th graders and they are playing in a middle school division.If you cannot comprehend that they are playing in an age appropriate division then you must be slow.Yes they are playing against 7th grade teams who are also playing in the correct middle school division, if you cannot understand that you must be slow.Sometimes teams of different ages are in the same division as in 7th and 8th grade teams playing in a middle school division, if that is too much for you to comprehend you must be very slow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again you seem to not understand your original post which clearly states that you believe the yellow jackets use the excuse that they were not at full strength when they lose. You have yet to give an example of such. Not sure if you realize that you were tweaking the truth or if you have problems understanding your own statements.My guess is a little bit of both but if you truly cannot understand your original post then you will never be able to back it up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 327 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard