BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 243 of 267 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm hearing a lot of news from my son and his friends about movement among DCE, NextLevel, MadLax, and VLC. It will be interesting to see final rosters.

Who gained/lost?

MadLax lost a few starters to NL and DCE. DCE lost a starter to ML. And a few contributors moved across each - one NL to ML, 2 DCE to NL. So lots of movement. Although not sure about VLC.

If MadLax lost "a few starters," then they are the net lost in the short term. But the MadLax model is to replenish with holdbacks and fly-ins so they will be fine. NextLevel is probably the overall net winner. They used to be the weakest of the four, but are pulling even or at least close. That was inevitable; good coach, good program, and available spots for good players. VLC retained all its starters and upgraded its bench, so they are a net winner too. DCE had a lot of talent to start with and is skimming from MadLax, so they now need to worry about how to get everyone on the field. They will probably lose a player or two to NextLevel and/or VLC as the dust settles during the fall.

Here is a word of advice (no, it is not hit the wall) - it is fun this time of year to talk about how your son's team is doing in recruiting but the more important question is how your son himself is doing. All four of those teams have players who are on the upswing and having fun and getting tons of playing time, and all four also have boys wondering why they can't get on the field and complaining how the coach is so unfair. Headed into 9th grade you don't want to be in the latter group. Focus on your son being in the right place, not the comings and goings around him!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and Hawks got stronger but ProStart will be making lots of noise

What did they add? ProStart - don’t see it at any age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ProStart is high school age only and coached by the finest ones!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they advertised tryouts for teams as young as 2033

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hearing a lot of news from my son and his friends about movement among DCE, NextLevel, MadLax, and VLC. It will be interesting to see final rosters.

Who gained/lost?

MadLax lost a few starters to NL and DCE. DCE lost a starter to ML. And a few contributors moved across each - one NL to ML, 2 DCE to NL. So lots of movement. Although not sure about VLC.

If MadLax lost "a few starters," then they are the net lost in the short term. But the MadLax model is to replenish with holdbacks and fly-ins so they will be fine. NextLevel is probably the overall net winner. They used to be the weakest of the four, but are pulling even or at least close. That was inevitable; good coach, good program, and available spots for good players. VLC retained all its starters and upgraded its bench, so they are a net winner too. DCE had a lot of talent to start with and is skimming from MadLax, so they now need to worry about how to get everyone on the field. They will probably lose a player or two to NextLevel and/or VLC as the dust settles during the fall.

Here is a word of advice (no, it is not hit the wall) - it is fun this time of year to talk about how your son's team is doing in recruiting but the more important question is how your son himself is doing. All four of those teams have players who are on the upswing and having fun and getting tons of playing time, and all four also have boys wondering why they can't get on the field and complaining how the coach is so unfair. Headed into 9th grade you don't want to be in the latter group. Focus on your son being in the right place, not the comings and goings around him!

You have no idea what you are talking about. Your analysis of the four teams is completely wrong. You are not in the know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those 4 teams are irrelevent. 1 might make elite playoffs the rest will be in the bottom half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Your analysis of the four teams is completely wrong. You are not in the know.

looks pretty accurate to me. Where do you think he is wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those 4 teams are irrelevent. 1 might make elite playoffs the rest will be in the bottom half.
Those are by far the four best teams in the DC metro.
What is an example of a team that you consider relevant?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

DCE lost both attackman to Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

Madlax lost no significant players. Gained several elite kids.

VLC all stayed together

Regardless, moving forward, only Hawks and Crabs will be top ten teams in the region.

DCE and Madlax will be top twenty

NL and VLC will be on the outside looking in but each will have a few very good players but not enough.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both? The lefty went also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

VLC all stayed together

Regardless, moving forward, only Hawks and Crabs will be top ten teams in the region.

NL and VLC will be on the outside looking in but each will have a few very good players but not enough.

The same MadLax team that was 2-5 in HOCO and lost to FCA? And who didn’t play much in the summer without their National kids? And it looks like the games they played against top 15 teams weren’t close. I think it’s false they picked up 2 DCE attack and not sure where the other elite kids came from. So thanks MadLax dad, but no one believes you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

VLC all stayed together

The same MadLax team that was 2-5 in HOCO and lost to FCA? And who didn’t play much in the summer without their National kids? And it looks like the games they played against top 15 teams weren’t close. I think it’s false they picked up 2 DCE attack and not sure where the other elite kids came from. So thanks MadLax dad, but no one believes you.

They did pick up both attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

VLC all stayed together

It’s High School time. Kiddie HoCo is done. It will be the National team in the summer the rest of the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gained/lost?

VLC all stayed together

Nobody knows anything…. Wait till tournament time this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think only one attack went to ML and his dad has been disgruntled with his kid’s output on DCE (and prior) for awhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok lady. Believe what you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both? The lefty went also?

The lefty went, too. It still won't be enough to make them relevant without the national kids, though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think only one attack went to ML and his dad has been disgruntled with his kid’s output on DCE (and prior) for awhile.

Both went. Both dads were not happy at DCE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised, how many teams boys and girls has that coach been relieved of his duties from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax appears to be gaining some difference makers and losing some. The PP who said that HoCo is over and MadLax will essentially be the National team going forward hit the nail on the head. I would detest to be one of the non-superstar local players - good luck getting on the field in tournaments!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#5 for sure. #22 we shall see if he shows up at ML or ends up there in the summer. Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact. But will the lefty join him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised, how many teams boys and girls has that coach been relieved of his duties from?

Do tell? How many and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prostart was/is a rebranding of Snappers because Will D. doesn't know how to run a program. Hawks/Diamondbacks/PLC leftovers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not happy with DCE = not happy that the coach actually subbed out their kids sometimes. Keep looking for the greener grass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#5 for sure. #22 we shall see if he shows up at ML or ends up there in the summer. Time will tell.

22 is already heading to Madlax. Just waiting till summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is Madlax now the team to beat after Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this area; No

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
True
VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this area; No

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
True
VLC

Don't sleep on FCA with all the Looney's additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this area; No

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
True
VLC

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
VLC
Next Level
True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this area; No

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
True
VLC

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
VLC
Next Level
True

Does dce have any offense left?

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this area; No

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
True
VLC

Crabs
Hawks
DCE
Madlax
VLC
Next Level
True

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca

Plenty...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca[/quote]

Addition by subtraction to be perfectly honest. We are a better TEAM and not filled with individuals. We also added better talent. We are right there with Crabs and Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca

Addition by subtraction to be perfectly honest. We are a better TEAM and not filled with individuals. We also added better talent. We are right there with Crabs and Hawks.[/quote]

Word is you didn’t pick up any additional attack. So is the new talent at Middie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the two departing attacks found they weren’t getting enough playing time or delivering the output they desired, then it is probably good for them (and for the rest of DCE) that they moved on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca

Addition by subtraction to be perfectly honest. We are a better TEAM and not filled with individuals. We also added better talent. We are right there with Crabs and Hawks.

Word is you didn’t pick up any additional attack. So is the new talent at Middie?[/quote]

DCE did pick up new attackman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the two departing attacks found they weren’t getting enough playing time or delivering the output they desired, then it is probably good for them (and for the rest of DCE) that they moved on.

Exactly. They will be good additions at Madlax and we are glad to have them now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax attack is going to be deadly with the two pickups from DCE plus the one good attackman they already had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
Madlax
Vlc
Next level
True
Fca

Word is you didn’t pick up any additional attack. So is the new talent at Middie?

DCE did pick up new attackman[/quote]

One left DCE for ML, Lefty DCE left for ??? most likely ML in the summer (look out current lefty at ML), DCE gained two attack to replace the two that left. We will see who shows up where next month for fall practices.

But DCE and ML are still chasing Crabs and Hawks in the end.

Like Reply Quote
Page 243 of 267 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard