Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Kevin Dolan from Ward Melville High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #15 ranked senior on Long Island and from Ward Melville High School, Kevin Dolan for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Dolan, has proven himself playing as one of the top Midfielders no only on Long Island but the entire country and the Bull now has chosen to play and earn a great education from Fairfield University. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Kevin Dolan

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Jay?  
Kevin Dolan: "Play for the guy next to you"

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
KD: It gives my teammates and I a lot of motivation to practice together and work towards the common goal of winning each game and more importantly a State Championship.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
KD: I will treasure this season greatly. Ever since I was a little kid I dreamed of playing Varsity Lacrosse at Ward Melville. This season is extremely important to me because it will be the last time putting on a Ward Melville Jersey.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Fairfield University and what other colleges were you considering?
KD: I was very lucky to have had a lot of opportunities through the committing process. But ultimately I always knew I wanted to go to Fairfield because of my family history there. Once I met the coaching staff I knew that was the place to be for my next four years.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
KD: I'm not really superstitious but I do drink a gatorade before every game and I do my eyeblack the same every game.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
KD: I don't have a specific playlist, I just listen to the music that my teammates play in the locker room.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
kD: Some of the things I like to do are hanging out with my friends and family, working out, going to the beach, and playing football.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Pizza, Blue Gatorade
  • Favorite Color? Red
  • Favorite Movie? Miracle
  • Favorite Sports Team? New York Giants
  • Favorite Athlete? Alex Ovechkin
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Kevin's career athletic accomplishments: Captain of WM Lacrosse 2022, Newsdays Top 100 Lacrosse Players 2022 & 2021, All-County Lacrosse 2021, Lead the Team in points 2021, Inside Lacrosse ID Experience Invitee, 3D Southern Retreat Rising All Star, Captain of Varsity Football 2021, 1st Team All-Long Island Football 2021, 3rd Team All-State Football 2021, All-County Football 2021, School Record Awards For all time sack record and single season sack record, Defensive MVP Football Junior and Senior year, Inductee of the Golden Eleven Football Team.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series