BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 327 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
questions everyone is asking ... where was CR for u15 national championships in Florida? and how come there were 0 girls from 2016 teams other than defo team. and why did tracy get to coach that team, she doesnt know those girls. need some input, i just dont understand.

Be very carefull with what you say about CR not being there. I was told that one of her kids was sick.

Why be careful? Not allowed to ask? It's a simple question by a consumer of an expensive product who has concerns. These questions need answers.

If you really cared you would pick up a phone and ask. Stop trying to incite something on these silly little forums. And I have to say I'm no longer involved but my daughter is an alum that benefited from being coached by cr and has been most successful now on her DI team... In addition to my daughter, CR made that possible....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new showcase event from K&J is certainly going to give the YJ showcase program a run for its money in the next couple of years. My daughter attended and all the little touches showed that these guys put together a quality event. While the Yellow Jacket showcase coaching roster from July was stronger overall, would not be surprised to see K&J move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah yeah and she is all american and all academic american and the best kid and blah blah blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah yeah and she is all american and all academic american and the best kid and blah blah blah
See if you can sign her up for the FAF plan...that helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I hear the way to all-American status is playing for a crazy TG handpicked daddy team because they allow you to play down in age and just like their idol if you don't get picked because you are not good enough just go with the maybe "she was too good" excuse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I hear the way to all-American status is playing for a crazy TG handpicked daddy team because they allow you to play down in age and just like their idol if you don't get picked because you are not good enough just go with the maybe "she was too good" excuse.

Can you Suffolk county guys just kiss and make up! This Daddy team and FaF stuff is getting old !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kissing and making up is more a Nassau thing, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you Suffolk county guys just kiss and make up! This Daddy team and FaF stuff is getting old !

I know, it's so played out, and ridiculous...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know, it's so played out, and ridiculous...

First of all it's true except the name should be changed from FAF to the "MSC" Mt.Sinai Connection. Very evident if you have the MSC connection all is good in YJ land. Mt Sinai jokers are the biggest influence in YJ land!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Topguns wni. U15 national champioship who not good enough now. And who did they beat?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Topguns wni. U15 national champioship who not good enough now. And who did they beat?

Little early in the day to be hitting the sauce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hurts when the sauce hits ya in the face huh? Lol....do you enjoy it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hurts when the sauce hits ya in the face huh? Lol....do you enjoy it?

What??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could anyone tell me how much it costs to play li yellow jackets id like to sign my 15 year old daughter up she is on varsity lacrosse for her school and we would like her to do more than hs lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could anyone tell me how much it costs to play li yellow jackets id like to sign my 15 year old daughter up she is on varsity lacrosse for her school and we would like her to do more than hs lax

Just because they play varsity, doesn't mean they can play YJ. What highschool does she attend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because they play varsity, doesn't mean they can play YJ. What highschool does she attend?

Another YJ egomaniac. Tell me what percentage of kids the YJ cut? It's not many as long as you are in early enough I know the older teams are pretty solid but they will probably have 6 teams in 2020 and below before this is all over. To the poster give it a try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a YJ parent and I found the pervious response offensive. She's 15 years old; a lot of great Division 1 Lax players did not even start till high school and she's already playing. GO FOR IT. It is a great program despite some parents like the pervious poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another YJ egomaniac. Tell me what percentage of kids the YJ cut? It's not many as long as you are in early enough I know the older teams are pretty solid but they will probably have 6 teams in 2020 and below before this is all over. To the poster give it a try.

I apoligize for coming off like a jackas?. I just didn't like the fact that she is boasting that her daughter is 15 and plays varsity. She could have just said that her daughter is 15 and interested in YJ's. My daughter plays on one of the other teams, so i'm not boasting. just want to let her know that there are plenty of 15 year old girls that don't play varsity, that could probably run circles around her daughter. Sorry if I offended anyone, it came off a little snobish to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Talking about girls getting bumped,one of the most common posts on these threads is YJ parents pronouncing the folding of TG for this reason or that. If this ever happened think of the ramifications for the current YJ players, half the players on real blue would go to fake blue, and so on, 2020 would have 9 teams, etc.... Careful what you wish for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Talking about girls getting bumped,one of the most common posts on these threads is YJ parents pronouncing the folding of TG for this reason or that. If this ever happened think of the ramifications for the current YJ players, half the players on real blue would go to fake blue, and so on, 2020 would have 9 teams, etc.... Careful what you wish for.

Half, in your dreams. If all TG kids went to YJ tryouts maybe 5 kids at most would be moved off top teams from 2017 and older and probably not that many.At the younger ages hard to say in that there is a lot of movement anyway.Also no one is wishing for it just stating what they are hearing from some of your TG parents, by the way have heard of several YJ players making the move to TG , most of which are from lower level teams or are going to be moved down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Half, in your dreams. If all TG kids went to YJ tryouts maybe 5 kids at most would be moved off top teams from 2017 and older and probably not that many.At the younger ages hard to say in that there is a lot of movement anyway.Also no one is wishing for it just stating what they are hearing from some of your TG parents, by the way have heard of several YJ players making the move to TG , most of which are from lower level teams or are going to be moved down.
You do realize that the Every YJ team would look completely different if Nassau County parents didn't mind the distance, and that your daughter might not be on a particular team, but maybe a much lower one. Just sayin!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

You do realize that the Every YJ team would look completely different if Nassau County parents didn't mind the distance, and that your daughter might not be on a particular team, but maybe a much lower one. Just sayin!!!

Totally disagree. Where do you think they are now? Liberty shell of it former self. Elevate I don't think so. Could there be some, maybe but not many. Yj and tg IMO have top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Please!!! Just sayin'!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

half is the correct number straight up talent wise, but the politics of these clubs and all that you are right, about 5 or so would likely be the number, that would then put 5 or 6 very talented players on the fake blue plus the 24 tg purple kids looking for a landing spot. It will never happen, but if it did, CR would benefit but it would shake yj families to the core. All the grumbling and discontent you love to report from tg families exists at yj just as bad, a few people i know seem happy with the situation, many other are besides themselves, just like tg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

I am unsure of what you are just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Totally disagree. Where do you think they are now? Liberty shell of it former self. Elevate I don't think so. Could there be some, maybe but not many. Yj and tg IMO have top players.

Liberty, Elevate, SC Allstars, etc... all have players that could play on TG and or YJ. There are even girls that don't play Club LAX, that could play YJ and or TG. Believe It Or Not!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

half is the correct number straight up talent wise, but the politics of these clubs and all that you are right, about 5 or so would likely be the number, that would then put 5 or 6 very talented players on the fake blue plus the 24 tg purple kids looking for a landing spot. It will never happen, but if it did, CR would benefit but it would shake yj families to the core. All the grumbling and discontent you love to report from tg families exists at yj just as bad, a few people i know seem happy with the situation, many other are besides themselves, just like tg.

Actually talent wise 5 or 6 would be the correct number,Have spoken to many college coaches and they know which teams have the best and deepest talent .Do you honestly believe the talent on the top teams from YJ TG at the 2017-2015 teams are equal, please.Great win for TG at U15 nationals but anyone who knows about that tournament knows without the 2015 kids who played TG had no chance , actually they had no chance without 1 of their 2015 players.Believe what you want but college coaches know all roads on ling island still lead to YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

Liberty, Elevate, SC Allstars, etc... all have players that could play on TG and or YJ. There are even girls that don't play Club LAX, that could play YJ and or TG. Believe It Or Not!

A TG Parent agree completely and that goes for the Clubs Top Teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you nervous shell
Bump your kid?!

4 teams at 2020, write the check and you are a Yellow Jacket, not a blue jacket, but a jacket. Same pinnie, same bag, same bumper sticker, same fee. So I agree with above poster, PAL girls not playing travel could play on the YJ's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this migration ever did happen, I don't think M&D or Skywalkers would ever beat YJ again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 teams at 2020, write the check and you are a Yellow Jacket, not a blue jacket, but a jacket. Same pinnie, same bag, same bumper sticker, same fee. So I agree with above poster, PAL girls not playing travel could play on the YJ's

Once again someone has to bring up the fact that the Yellow Jackets field alot of teams. Why is that such a huge problem for you? Why do you care that parents are willing to spend money on their kids even though they may not be superstars? There are 5 teams at 2020. The top 2 have proven that they are playing competitive lacrosse with the success they've had this season. The other 3 have done fine against like competition. Do they only count if they're on the TOP team of an organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't someone say that the outsiders wouldnt make the Jackets? Post above says most everyone makes the YJ's if you are committed and write the check and five teams proves that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually someone said it would be difficult for outsiders to get onto YJ top team .If TG had more kids show up to tryouts they would also make more teams, they have never cut from any age group enough kids to field a full travel team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Actually someone said it would be difficult for outsiders to get onto YJ top team .If TG had more kids show up to tryouts they would also make more teams, they have never cut from any age group enough kids to field a full travel team.

True. All clubs are businesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interested in getting my 5th grader this year into a travel program and debating about which one to put her in. I have gone through these msg boards extensively and have seen very little in on terms of productive comments about girls programs other than from Powderfinger and maybe one or two anonymous posts.

My daughter currently plays for 3V which has a good program but was hoping to get her more development at a higher level of play at this stage. It would appear that TG or YJ is the way to go but I am not totally convinced of either at this point.

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Interested in getting my 5th grader this year into a travel program and debating about which one to put her in. I have gone through these msg boards extensively and have seen very little in on terms of productive comments about girls programs other than from Powderfinger and maybe one or two anonymous posts.

My daughter currently plays for 3V which has a good program but was hoping to get her more development at a higher level of play at this stage. It would appear that TG or YJ is the way to go but I am not totally convinced of either at this point.

Thank you.
Let me get this straight. You knock our Message Boards as having "very little productive content" yet you turn to our service to help you figure out whether to choose the Yellow Jackets or the Top Guns?

What decision criteria are you using for your decision? Distance from your home? Costs? Tournament selection? Jersey colors?

Go through the girls programs that are part of the Long Island Clubs content island at the right. Call the programs and ask your questions. Any of the girls programs will offer a more intense training program annually than you will see through your local town experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry CageSage maybe it was just the TG and YJ topics that I was researching. I am not indicting the whole msg board. My apologies. Just seems to be a lot of bickering on these topics about who's clubs are better or who did what at the last tournament and less on the programs themselves from parents who have children attending or have attended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter has played with the yellow jackets for three years. Prior to playing with the yellow jackets she played with another top club team for three years and we always were told that yj play dirty. My daughter has never been taught to play dirty by yj coaches in her three years. I do believe they are taught a more physical defense at an earlier age than some clubs. She had a great experience at both clubs. Seeing yj from both sides my opinion is they play tough, not every girl. But it's not dirty play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Both clubs have positives and negatives! You will find parents that are happy and some that are unhappy at both clubs. I think you would get great training at either club. You have to figure out which club fits your needs and is the best match for your daughter! In the end the MOST important thing is that your daughter is having fun and growing as a lax player! Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 327 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard