Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Catherine Erb from Shoreham Wading River High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #13 ranked senior on Long Island and from Shoreham Wading River High School, Catherine Erb for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Catherine Erb, has proven herself playing as an Midfielder in Shoreham Wading River HS and now has chosen to serve Dartmouth College. Let's see what she has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Catherine Erb

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Alex?  
Catherine Erb: My favorite saying from Coach Alex would be, “Win it for yourself and everyone else.” This quote can be interpreted many different ways. We can win with confidence and grow our confidence in each other while being a team that will pose a threat to others.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
CE: We all have been playing with each other since we were younger and didn’t lose many seniors from last year. So even though the season has been fast, we all know a lot about how each other play. Since we all know each other so well, it makes playing with each other fun and intense. We are constantly pushing each other to run the fastest, make the best play, and most importantly, be the best teammate.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
CE: I will treasure this season the most out the other seasons for many different reasons. It will be the last time playing together with my childhood teammates. Many of us have been playing with each other on both club and youth teams since kindergarten. Also, this is the last year I will be playing with my sister on the field. Our team knows how important this season is too each other so we are making efforts both on and off the field to cherish our time together.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Dartmouth College and what other colleges were you considering?
CE: My decision was always more than lacrosse. My hard work on the field and in the classroom gave me amazing opportunities to be successful after my time on the field was over. Dartmouth has the perfect balance of academics and athletics. When I walked on Dartmouth’s campus and spoke to their coaching staff, I knew I wanted to spend my future there. I was thankful to speak to other schools, Brown, Yale, Michigan, Hopkins, and Hofstra, but I am beyond excited for my future at Dartmouth.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
CE: I have never been superstitious but some of my pregame rituals are having my hair braided by one of my teammates, drinking a Celsius, and listening to music with my teammates.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
CE: Every year the captains choose a warmup playlist. After listening to a couple, the captains and I choose to play the warmup music from the Army Men’s lacrosse team.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
CE: I love going to the beach, playing tennis, traveling, and cooking. I also spend a lot of time with my family and friends.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Tacos and smoothies
  • Favorite Color? Green
  • Favorite Movie? The Blind Side
  • Favorite Sports Team? The Bengals
  • Favorite Athlete? Joe Burrow
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Catherine's career athletic accomplishments: All- County Player 2021, Under Armor Command Team 2019, Newsday Top 100 player on Long Island 2021 and 2022, Varsity Captain 2021 and 2022, 5 year NYS scholar athlete, 5 year varsity player.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series