BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 66 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys parent. When are the Ville tryouts?

The 5th

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rise in club lacrosse has killed rec programs and also watered down the "club" talent. Lets be honest that many of these teams should be rec and not charging 2k to play. Anyone below Elite and AAAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s interesting to me the number of people thinking predators is going to takeoff. A lot of folks unhappy at the 2027 and 2028 age groups… Coaching turnover galore is the rumor.

Really, not what I heard, just the opposite. Clearly your son wasnt getting playing time with the Predator's . Predators are on the rise and it shows at several levels. Been stated many times, Talk of Baltimore

Ummmm, not a Predators parent but nice try bro. 2026 team is 1-4 in A (single A), 2027s are 3-2 in AA and 2028s are 1-2 in AAA. I would not call that 'on the rise', they aren't even winning in mediocre divisions. If anyone is talking about them, its about the dissatisfaction with coaching and unimpressive results.
Hearing from some friends that Predators have an equal playing time policy. Can someone confirm this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney’s loses to NL in the AAAA……how’s that elite argument going?

Looneys will end up winning that notIntelligent division but the better question (and funnier answer) is how is FCA's "elite" season going? Ha, ha, ha. What a horrible experience/season for those losers. No Kelly = crappy FCA team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s interesting to me the number of people thinking predators is going to takeoff. A lot of folks unhappy at the 2027 and 2028 age groups… Coaching turnover galore is the rumor.

Really, not what I heard, just the opposite. Clearly your son wasnt getting playing time with the Predator's . Predators are on the rise and it shows at several levels. Been stated many times, Talk of Baltimore

Ummmm, not a Predators parent but nice try bro. 2026 team is 1-4 in A (single A), 2027s are 3-2 in AA and 2028s are 1-2 in AAA. I would not call that 'on the rise', they aren't even winning in mediocre divisions. If anyone is talking about them, its about the dissatisfaction with coaching and unimpressive results.

I don’t know anything about the predators. Reviewing this thread though it seems looneys parents have the same complaints as what you outlined. Terrible coach, unimpressive results (one win last spring) and now losing to next level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hearing from some friends that Predators have an equal playing time policy. Can someone confirm this?
False.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes that is correct. Everyone plays regardless of skill and showing up to practice or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Ville tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the age of 2027 and above (ie: middle school and on), should not be equal playing time, especially when paying for "club".

Also have heard alot of the Looney's players have "jumped ship" to Preds, yet continue to stay on the team in hopes of not angering their possible high school coach. Plans to play on both teams come summer tournement season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney’s loses to NL in the AAAA……how’s that elite argument going?

Looneys will end up winning that notIntelligent division but the better question (and funnier answer) is how is FCA's "elite" season going? Ha, ha, ha. What a horrible experience/season for those losers. No Kelly = crappy FCA team.

Yep they are losing and no they are not elite, but they also getting better playing against elite level competition while Looney's plays lesser competition and pounds their chest after a win. FCA was only down 5-3 to Hawks in the 4th before they imploded. I thought it was a gutsy performance at that level and should be commended. My guess is the FCA kids would get better in the end playing at this level.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes that is correct. Everyone plays regardless of skill and showing up to practice or not.

We see you, salty 2028 Preds, taking every opportunity to work your anger out in unrelated threads on BOTC. Responding to yourself. You must live a very impressive life.

Every Preds roster is 7 months old, the age of the entire club, 7 months, and anyone spouting off about them "rising" is not involved with the Club, more likely is involved with Koopers, Looneys, 91, or Rock who are all losing players and/or practice field leases due to Preds. Or is a salty Preds parent who got cut from Crabs or FCA. Seriously go away.

2026 1-4 A (not sure why this team even exists, the oldest Preds team was supposed to be 2027s)
2027 3-2 AA (mostly Looneys kids)
2028 2-3 AAA (kids from FCA Blue, FCA White, Crabs, KP Elite, and the folded HoCo AAA team)
2029 5-0 AAA (mostly Team 91 kids). Wonder why you didn't list this team in your "research?"

As for you,
STOP coming over to BOTC to say there's "equal PT" (it took the coaches all of 1 game to figure out who to bench.....apparently it's your son?)
STOP coming to BOTC to say there's "30+ kids on the roster" (there's 24)
STOP complaining about the coaching "revolving door" (2027 has had the same coaches all year, who the parents and kids LOVE, and the new 2028 coaches, who the parents and kids LOVE, have re-upped for next year).

So.......I see you. Hope your son has better luck at FCA tryouts this year than he did last year. I know you kept the orange helmet. Don't say you didn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Nobody involved with Predators thinks they are the "Talk of Baltimore" but thanks, Koopers directors.

2) The only Predators team with a coaching carosel was the 2028s. Current coaches arrived in February and are returning next year. Parents and kids seem pretty happy with the coaches, but obviously one dad whose kid isn't playing, is very unhappy about it, and hijacks every thread on BOTC to say so.

3) The 2027 and 2029 Preds do not have equal playing time. Full stop. Never have. Coaches, kids, and parents are happy or at worst, copacetic.

4) The 2028 Preds team used EPT for the new coach's first scrimmage and first game (0-2). They've played 4 games since then without EPT and the team has gone 2-2. If you think it's still EPT, it tells me your son is on the bench for most of the game. Which makes sense given your repeated (false) comments about the team's "very large roster" and "over 30 kids" etc.

The impact players are on the field >50% of the time at all positions. It might have ended up close to EPT during the Preds 14-4 win yesterday because the score was 8-1 in the second quarter and getting ugly, fast. But overall I have the distinct feeling your ego for your son's status on the team, is getting in the way of your lacrosse IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We see you, salty 2028 Preds, taking every opportunity to work your anger out in unrelated threads on BOTC. Responding to yourself. You must live a very impressive life.

Every Preds roster is 7 months old, the age of the entire club, 7 months, and anyone spouting off about them "rising" is not involved with the Club, more likely is involved with Koopers, Looneys, 91, or Rock who are all losing players and/or practice field leases due to Preds. Or is a salty Preds parent who got cut from Crabs or FCA. Seriously go away.

2026 1-4 A (not sure why this team even exists, the oldest Preds team was supposed to be 2027s)
2028 2-3 AAA (kids from FCA Blue, FCA White, Crabs, KP Elite, and the folded HoCo AAA team)
2029 5-0 AAA (mostly Team 91 kids). Wonder why you didn't list this team in your "research?"

As for you,
STOP coming over to BOTC to say there's "equal PT" (it took the coaches all of 1 game to figure out who to bench.....apparently it's your son?)
STOP complaining about the coaching "revolving door" (2027 has had the same coaches all year, who the parents and kids LOVE, and the new 2028 coaches, who the parents and kids LOVE, have re-upped for next year).

So.......I see you. Hope your son has better luck at FCA tryouts this year than he did last year. I know you kept the orange helmet. Don't say you didn't.

Tell me you wrap your entire identity in your middle school son’s lax team without telling me. Get a new hobby ma’am

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for you,

Tell me you wrap your entire identity in your middle school son’s lax team without telling me. Get a new hobby ma’am

And yet here you are, on a work day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for you,

Benefits of owning your own business. Now before you ask, yes I want fries with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a preds dad. And I can tell you, we’re happy. We left another high-profile Baltimore club that has noticeable helmets. We love our Preds coaches, admin and their commitment and buy-in. They coach my kid well. And he’s very happy and likes his team. The team started the season slow but is starting to gel. So we’re quite happy. Good luck to everyone else here for a good spring and summer season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for you,

Benefits of owning your own business. Now before you ask, yes I want fries with that.

In the same boat. And if you have a $20M federal contract for us, I will make you as many fries as you want. Until then, I ask again, why is the guy who thinks other guys think too much about youth lax, ignoring his clients and employees on a monday and posting about youth lax. Good luck with that NFT podcast or whatever your "business" is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for you,

In the same boat. And if you have a $20M federal contract for us, I will make you as many fries as you want. Until then, I ask again, why is the guy who thinks other guys think too much about youth lax, ignoring his clients and employees on a monday and posting about youth lax. Good luck with that NFT podcast or whatever your "business" is.

I had a few minutes between “business” with your wife and the start of the podcast. Tell us more how predators is the best with oddly specific details about each kid on each team. Not weird at all. No really, not strange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow this thread went really sideways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Lots of Preds talk here for a Looney’s forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds = Looneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope if looneys does fold they give kids enough advance notice to try out elsewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope if looneys does fold they give kids enough advance notice to try out elsewhere

I think this is your notice. Plan on trying out elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half the 25's already did that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Lots of Preds talk here for a Looney’s forum.
Preds have already assumed a ton of Looneys kids in some age groups. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the transition will be complete this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from a reliable source that Predators is trying to take over the Looney's remaining teams and have them transition over. Not sure if it will happen or not, but would make sense for Preds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That coach you're talking about has a great deal on his plate, and he's been juggling more than a few important events in his life. If you have a complaint, man up and talk to him. Don't lax and moan and badmouth on a forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That coach you're talking about has a great deal on his plate, and he's been juggling more than a few important events in his life. If you have a complaint, man up and talk to him. Don't lax and moan and badmouth on a forum.

Sorry about that Shrek. I'll bring it up to you the next time you show up to a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he should show that same courtesy to other people who are also having important events in their lives. I’m sure he know who that is and how he is directly involved. Karma can be unkind when you treat people that way. The kids from Looneys should leave and find another club. They don’t need to deal with this guys issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he should show that same courtesy to other people who are also having important events in their lives. I’m sure he know who that is and how he is directly involved. Karma can be unkind when you treat people that way. The kids from Looneys should leave and find another club. They don’t need to deal with this guys issues.

What?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS lax more of a priority than 8th grade club; sorry buts it true. Why don’t the assistants pick up the slack during the spring and add more practices etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A relevant post from another forum channel:

This Spring, the future of the Looney's 2026 team began to look uncertain. A number of things led the parents to worry about the team and the club - no new uniforms, no off-season training, no position training, an AWOL director who didn't communicate with the teams/players/families, a loss of key players and a resulting decline in the performance of the team (lost players = lost games), coaches missing practices and games, etc..

In May, in an attempt to allow the boys to keep playing together, a Looney's team parent reached out to the Predators club directors to ask if the team could move over intact. The Preds directors did not approach the Looney's team, and they didn't really "negotiate" anything.

Preds held an info session for the Looney's 2026 families in June and offered to accept the team into their club. It was a kind and considerate offer, but several boys had already been looking/guest playing elsewhere, so the team began to disperse to other clubs. Although the director was made aware of the parents' concerns, nothing was done. Some of the families are now scrambling to find a roster spot for their son, unfortunately in a year with multiple other teams folding or in turmoil.

Yes, some of the boys (and parents) were concerned about moving from a formerly Elite HoCo team to a newer club that played at a lower level in HoCo. Others believe the Preds will improve and will likely join the club.

If there is anything to be learned, it is that poor leadership can doom a solid team with good players. The Looney's 2026 team went from winning the NXT Platinum Cup and HoCo Elite in the Fall of 2020 to disbanding a short 20 months later.

It is a shame, and a failure of what was supposed to be adult leadership by paid professionals. The boys deserved better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A relevant post from another forum channel:

This Spring, the future of the Looney's 2026 team began to look uncertain. A number of things led the parents to worry about the team and the club - no new uniforms, no off-season training, no position training, an AWOL director who didn't communicate with the teams/players/families, a loss of key players and a resulting decline in the performance of the team (lost players = lost games), coaches missing practices and games, etc..

In May, in an attempt to allow the boys to keep playing together, a Looney's team parent reached out to the Predators club directors to ask if the team could move over intact. The Preds directors did not approach the Looney's team, and they didn't really "negotiate" anything.

Preds held an info session for the Looney's 2026 families in June and offered to accept the team into their club. It was a kind and considerate offer, but several boys had already been looking/guest playing elsewhere, so the team began to disperse to other clubs. Although the director was made aware of the parents' concerns, nothing was done. Some of the families are now scrambling to find a roster spot for their son, unfortunately in a year with multiple other teams folding or in turmoil.

Yes, some of the boys (and parents) were concerned about moving from a formerly Elite HoCo team to a newer club that played at a lower level in HoCo. Others believe the Preds will improve and will likely join the club.

If there is anything to be learned, it is that poor leadership can doom a solid team with good players. The Looney's 2026 team went from winning the NXT Platinum Cup and HoCo Elite in the Fall of 2020 to disbanding a short 20 months later.

It is a shame, and a failure of what was supposed to be adult leadership by paid professionals. The boys deserved better.

Don’t wait for Looney’s to fold. Find a better team for your son to play for. Look at the leadership for Looney’s and notice they are associated with Loyola. Loyola is in need of better coaches and so is Looney’s. You can do better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 26 team fell apart when their defense which all their beat players were on left for crabs. When that happened the coaches knew they couldn’t compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 26 team fell apart when their defense which all their beat players were on left for crabs. When that happened the coaches knew they couldn’t compete.

Wrong. Defense wasn't their issue even after the 3 defenders left (The one who stayed - 73 - is better than 2 of the 3 who left anyway). The problem was lack of offense. Also had a ton of injuries down the stretch this season. And to whomever is advising people to leave Looneys before it folds, its too late. There is no 2026 team anymore. The coach is now at FCA and the players have scattered to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the 2024 Looney’s team? Will it be the sole remaining Looney’s team for the upcoming season, or will it also fold?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Defense wasn't their issue even after the 3 defenders left (The one who stayed - 73 - is better than 2 of the 3 who left anyway). The problem was lack of offense. Also had a ton of injuries down the stretch this season. And to whomever is advising people to leave Looneys before it folds, its too late. There is no 2026 team anymore. The coach is now at FCA and the players have scattered to other teams.

Original post was a troll post obviously and answered of course by someone who knows looneys intimately. As you can see by the response and breakdown there is a reason the team folded. Zero concept of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Original post was a troll post obviously and answered of course by someone who knows looneys intimately. As you can see by the response and breakdown there is a reason the team folded. Zero concept of talent.

I believe the Looneys lone LP and a few middies/ attack tried out for Crabs; did any one of them get a roster spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the 2024 Looney’s team? Will it be the sole remaining Looney’s team for the upcoming season, or will it also fold?

The 2024 is all that is left. 2023 season is done, 2025 and 2026 boys all left for other clubs.

I don't know how you run a club with only one team...maybe the coaches will take the boys to another program.

No tryout info on web site - which has not been updated since 2020 tryouts.

Stick a fork in it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 66 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard