BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,166
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 23rd-25th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think TG and YJ parents are missing the point to travel lacrosse. I think these parents know their daughters are athletes that want to play the game at the highest level. Believe it or not, there are girls that want to play their sport first, and hope to complement that with the best education they can achieve. Wanting to be an athlete is a legitimate aspiration. If you want a little recreational and social travel lacrosse to help get into a highly educational environment, that's fine too. It's just not what YJ and TG are about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanted to give a report on the LI Girls Showcase that was newly hosted by K&J Athletics - excellent organization from the training sessions on Thursday to yesterday's games. Matches were held in the afternoon and there were ample game play opportunities available before the tournament was done at 8:00pm. Daughter had the chance to put coaching names to faces for several schools on her list.

Extremely strong value factor - certainly worth the $125 playing fee. With only two games going in each time slot, the college coaches were easily able to see all the action and track their target players. As a parent, I had the chance to speak with several coaches during the evening which was also an education for me!

Nice touch with the pizza for the girls at practice on Thursday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Believe it or not, there are girls that want to play their sport first, and hope to complement that with the best education they can achieve. Wanting to be an athlete is a legitimate aspiration.

My kid wants to play xbox profesionally... this post is insane! Objective is to get a degree and a good job not to be an athlete that once they are done with college coaches summer lacrosse and coach some small high school for 5 grand a year. Tell me you are playing travel to HELP get into Princeton thats a good answer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or not, there are girls that want to play their sport first, and hope to complement that with the best education they can achieve. Wanting to be an athlete is a legitimate aspiration.

My kid wants to play xbox profesionally... this post is insane! Objective is to get a degree and a good job not to be an athlete that once they are done with college coaches summer lacrosse and coach some small high school for 5 grand a year. Tell me you are playing travel to HELP get into Princeton thats a good answer
Thank you for injecting sanity to the stupidest post I have ever read. I guess that genius's daughter is going to be a pro lax player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 topguns clearly Long Islands best. go topguns.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 topguns clearly Long Islands best. go topguns.

Seriously ,are you this ignorant? Give us just 1 reason why the 2016 TG team could possibly be considered the best on Long Island, my guess is just a pot stirrer.The 2016 rankings are

1) YJ Defo beaten every other team on the list with only loss coming to a MD in first tournament of the season
2) MD black, clearly an argument could be made to place them at 1 but a not so great showing at national draw drops them to #2.
3) Heros
4)Suffolk all-stars
5) Steps, Skywalkers, TG black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Defo is 0-4 against M&D 2016 Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YELLOW JACKETS 2015 BLUE L/M
Got robbed last year !!!!!! That is some team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Though a very good team 2015 L/M did not get robbed last year. There over aggressive tactics, and and coaches inability to adapt to a what was clearly happening in the tournament season cost them. As far as this year goes, clearly Top Guns fielded the better team in Fla. though the leading player was from 2015 Black. So it's hard for me to determine who is the better 2016,. I think the best 2016 is MD. but hard to state that with any certainty without all three playing against each other head to head in a tournament format. Truth is, none of it makes any difference. Top guns players will be playing with MD. players and Y.J. players in college, so lets just wish each other good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest venue of the year. U15 national championship.. and the winner is. Thats right topguns .... what now..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is committing numerous red cards being "robbed". The YJ were penalized for thuggish play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Though a very good team 2015 L/M did not get robbed last year. There over aggressive tactics, and and coaches inability to adapt to a what was clearly happening in the tournament season cost them. As far as this year goes, clearly Top Guns fielded the better team in Fla. though the leading player was from 2015 Black. So it's hard for me to determine who is the better 2016,. I think the best 2016 is MD. but hard to state that with any certainty without all three playing against each other head to head in a tournament format. Truth is, none of it makes any difference. Top guns players will be playing with MD. players and Y.J. players in college, so lets just wish each other good luck

Kind of a dumbas? comment. You can't tell who's better because the top player on TG is on a 2015 team. U15 is the only true way to determine who is the best in a age group (because it's actually based on age). If you keep using the 2015/2016 to determine, you could have a kid who is 2 to 3 years older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of a dumbas? comment. You can't tell who's better because the top player on TG is on a 2015 team. U15 is the only true way to determine who is the best in a age group (because it's actually based on age). If you keep using the 2015/2016 to determine, you could have a kid who is 2 to 3 years older.
Kind of a dumbas? comment. obviously you are a "dumbas" whatever a dumdas is? The U-15 tournament is a very nice event for the kids to have at the end of a long hot summer season, but truly proves nothing as far as the "who is the best" debate. If you are able to send teams as a whole, with no added players to the roster, it would be a truer indicator. but when you can pick a player from an older team it erodes the "my team is better than yours" claim. If you take the aforementioned player out of the lineup, and remove her goals, maybe Top Guns loses, maybe they don't. One thing for sure is that she is a full year more developed than the rest of the team because she has been playing at a higher level for a longer time. Also the U-15 are very deficient in that most of the top teams are missing (MD United, M&D, to mention 2) If you want to do a U-15 age only can we pick a truer date like January 1 of any year, this isn't soccer. September 1 isn't the start of any year it's in January

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of a dumbas? comment. obviously you are a "dumbas" whatever a dumdas is? The U-15 tournament is a very nice event for the kids to have at the end of a long hot summer season, but truly proves nothing as far as the "who is the best" debate. If you are able to send teams as a whole, with no added players to the roster, it would be a truer indicator. but when you can pick a player from an older team it erodes the "my team is better than yours" claim. If you take the aforementioned player out of the lineup, and remove her goals, maybe Top Guns loses, maybe they don't. One thing for sure is that she is a full year more developed than the rest of the team because she has been playing at a higher level for a longer time. Also the U-15 are very deficient in that most of the top teams are missing (MD United, M&D, to mention 2) If you want to do a U-15 age only can we pick a truer date like January 1 of any year, this isn't soccer. September 1 isn't the start of any year it's in January

You just don't get it. U15 is u15, every team has the ability to pick any girl who fits the criteria. You mention teams like M&D and MD United, and they can't send their team because they lose too many players do to their AGE. Let me speak in simple terms for you so you can understand. Just because a girl is on a 2015 team, that doesn't mean she is one more year LAX developed, it just means she graduates in 2015. Lets call this the Reverse Doogie Houser expierment. Lets say a kid is left back 5 years, and he/she will graduate in 2016. In their junior year of high school, they will have less expierence than a senior 2015. I made the years left back extreme to prove a point. Truth is a year or two difference in the high school years makes a big difference. U15 is a better barometer then grad yr. Atleast all girls are under 15 by a certain date. It's better than having a girl from MD who is 19 and graduating against my daughter who will be 17.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just don't get it. U15 is u15, every team has the ability to pick any girl who fits the criteria. You mention teams like M&D and MD United, and they can't send their team because they lose too many players do to their AGE. Let me speak in simple terms for you so you can understand. Just because a girl is on a 2015 team, that doesn't mean she is one more year LAX developed, it just means she graduates in 2015. Lets call this the Reverse Doogie Houser expierment. Lets say a kid is left back 5 years, and he/she will graduate in 2016. In their junior year of high school, they will have less expierence than a senior 2015. I made the years left back extreme to prove a point. Truth is a year or two difference in the high school years makes a big difference. U15 is a better barometer then grad yr. Atleast all girls are under 15 by a certain date. It's better than having a girl from MD who is 19 and graduating against my daughter who will be 17.
I think we need to agree to disagree. I will again say that this is not soccer and the U-15 format in lacrosse is flawed. Let me say this to you in a way you might understand. The grad year age group is done for a single reason. Recruitment. Coaches want to see what players are available at the start of recruitment in any year. they do not care if your daughter will be 18 or 19 when she graduates. the do not want to weed through the girl that is 15 now but entered school a year late so though she is 15 now she is only in 9th grade, NO, they want to know that she will graduate in june of 2014. according to all you obnoxious Y.J. and T.G. parents you all have the best lacrosse players on the face of the planet on every team in every age group, so why don't you stop cherry picking players from this grad year because she started school later and send your team down as a whole. the U-15 format allowed a girl that will graduate in 2015, and plays on 2015 travel club, to compete in an event that was dominated by 2016 players or younger. You boast how your teams can beat every other club, so let MD. and M&D send down there summer 2016 roster and see if you can beat them. With the rules that are currently in place it seems that T.G. is the only club cheating this year. they sent down a rising Junior to compete against freshmen and sophomores .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it, M&D and most other MD clubs don't send teams for the same reason LI clubs shouldn't send teams. You can find better competition locally so why spend all the extra time and money? It is a great opportunity for clubs not between NYC and DC to get some exposure and name recognition. Until it's played in the mid-atlantic, you'll never attract all the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just for some clarification on who the best 2016 team is...it is clearly Yellow Jackets Defo. YJ's recently beat Hero's by 1 at Northern Rise and Hero's recently pounded M&D Black (I heard by 9 goals) at the Brine Club Championships held in MD. So for rankings, I see it as:

1. YJs
2. Hero's
3. M&D
4. Steps Elite
5. NEMS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That rising junior was the same age as every girl on the field for both teams! No cheating took place! All players ages are verified by birth certificate. She has played for TG on the U15 team for the last 3 years. No complants about her being on the roster the last two years just this year because TG won. From your post I believe your daughter played for NEM&D. From the final score it looks like she had a very competetive game against TG. Why did she have to play on a combined team? this wasn't a 2016 tournament it was a U15 tournament..... Maybe her M&D 2016 team has too many girls on it that are actually 2015 or older but for some strange reason they enter 1st grade after getting left back in K or Pre K and wind up playing 2016.....M&D and Sky Walkers have some of the best Girls Lacrosse teams that I have ever seen play . Well coached and highly skilled players. Get over the fact that your daughters team lost a tournament, it doesnt happen that often to her. TG won fair and square end of story

I think we need to agree to disagree. I will again say that this is not soccer and the U-15 format in lacrosse is flawed. Let me say this to you in a way you might understand. The grad year age group is done for a single reason. Recruitment. Coaches want to see what players are available at the start of recruitment in any year. they do not care if your daughter will be 18 or 19 when she graduates. the do not want to weed through the girl that is 15 now but entered school a year late so though she is 15 now she is only in 9th grade, NO, they want to know that she will graduate in june of 2014. according to all you obnoxious Y.J. and T.G. parents you all have the best lacrosse players on the face of the planet on every team in every age group, so why don't you stop cherry picking players from this grad year because she started school later and send your team down as a whole. the U-15 format allowed a girl that will graduate in 2015, and plays on 2015 travel club, to compete in an event that was dominated by 2016 players or younger. You boast how your teams can beat every other club, so let MD. and M&D send down there summer 2016 roster and see if you can beat them. With the rules that are currently in place it seems that T.G. is the only club cheating this year. they sent down a rising Junior to compete against freshmen and sophomores .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like a Marylander to accuse someone of cheating, simply by playing by the rules. If the Junior is the same age as the Freshmen, where is the cheating. I agree with you I have played better teams locally, and I really don't care about anyone else's kids. I love to watch the game of lacrosse played well. I love the blanket statements re: LI, it shows ignorance on your part. The only thing I care about in the end is that my daughter is a well adjusted, smart, beautiful girl that will succeed whether she plays D1, D2, D3, or Club LAX in college. I just disagree with the fact that you feel it's cheating to send an age appropriate child to an age based tournament, but it's super great and way fair to have a child playing against another child that may be a year or two older. Agree to Disagree. Sorry if I offended

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote the post and sage will attest that I am from long Island. you complain that MD. teams hold there kids back in K, first or second and say there cheating , then in the same breath say that a rising junior playing frosh or sophs is o.k because of some obscure rule that lets her play because her b-day falls before a cretin date, truth is she, along with 2 others, are juniors playing freshman. You also cant say Defeo is the best 2016 because they beat team a that beat team b. If they were the best they would have won in Florida, so by your logic Top guns is best because they beat Defeo, who beat heros , who beat M&D,. se how silly it sounds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Maryland team that competed as "NEM&D" had players from the following clubs on it, M&D, NEMS, Heros and TLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we are talking 2016 teams only....TG is not very good and has never beaten YJ's Defo, Hero's or M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we are talking 2016 teams only....TG is not very good and has never beaten YJ's Defo, Hero's or M&D.

Lets end this:

Best 2016 team Defo
Best U-15 team TG

Two different topics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing I care about at the end is that my daughter is a well adjusted, smart, beautiful girl that will succeed whether she plays D1, D2, D3, or Club LAX in college.

My daughter is well adjusted and smart just not beautiful, I guess she is lucky your not her parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing I care about at the end is that my daughter is a well adjusted, smart, beautiful girl that will succeed whether she plays D1, D2, D3, or Club LAX in college.

My daughter is well adjusted and smart just not beautiful, I guess she is lucky your not her parent

there is so much wrong with this post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets end this:

Best 2016 team Defo
Best U-15 team TG

Two different topics.

I agree but must say I think if YJ took there best available 2015 players the outcome would have been different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Maryland team that competed as "NEM&D" had players from the following clubs on it, M&D, NEMS, Heros and TLC.

That sounds like an all star team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I agree but must say I think if YJ took there best available 2015 players the outcome would have been different.
BOTC wants to replay for you a post that we made on July 25th.
Originally Posted by CageSage
Championship Final Score - Thursday, July 25th

Gold Medal - Championship Match - 12 noon

Field 18: #7 Long Island Top Guns defeats #4 Yellow Jackets Blue, 14-12
All of the chatter, bickering, and arguing about the U15 grouping was settled on the field.

The Top Guns played at a level not seen previously on offense and were clearly prepared to break down the tremendous defensive structure of the Yellow Jackets U15 team.

Similarly, the Yellow Jackets program knows the visibility afforded to the U15 National Tournament since they have rigorously chased this crown over the last five years. If the best players were not on the field in Florida on July 25th, that is an issue within the club and should raise more concern than having lost a single, excellently played, competitive match.

Both teams should be proud. Both clubs should be proud.

The "what-if"s have all been answered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage you are ridiculously biased and because you can edit posts no one can call you out on your bs.First thing I said was I agree but to say all the what ifs have been answered is just silly.Most of the posts on your site are what ifs.You act like YJ goes all out for this tournament when in fact they have a total of two team practices and treat it about the same as all other tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Cage you are ridiculously biased and because you can edit posts no one can call you out on your bs.First thing I said was I agree but to say all the what ifs have been answered is just silly.Most of the posts on your site are what ifs.You act like YJ goes all out for this tournament when in fact they have a total of two team practices and treat it about the same as all other tournaments.
How about we let the community decide which post - yours or mine - is "BS"?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Doubt it. For a club that touts all its championships, not going all out on this doesn't make sense. This club practices year round, it's clear they take their training seriously.

I just knew this whole topic would turn into a YJ vs. TG theme. So predictable. I should've started a pool to see how much time would elapse before the inevitable bickering.

Come on people, take the high road. No other clubs like it when YJ trumpets all their wins so TG just let the win speak for itself, and YJ just relax, no one is saying you aren't a good team. Let it go, the quieter you are the sooner this converation ends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw both of the teams play in Florida in earlier rounds. Top Guns win over Y j did not surprise me. Both are great lax teams,but the team fielded by TG this year in Florida was bigger and faster. Clearly that helped make the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the years YJ won this tournament all you heard was parents telling everyone that this was the end all crowning of champions tournament, now that yj have not won for a couple years you want to down play it as no big deal, barely practice and barely bother to recruit the better players. I could care less how you feel but you cant have it both ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the years YJ won this tournament all you heard was parents telling everyone that this was the end all crowning of champions tournament, now that yj have not won for a couple years you want to down play it as no big deal, barely practice and barely bother to recruit the better players. I could care less how you feel but you cant have it both ways.

Great point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw both of the teams play in Florida in earlier rounds. Top Guns win over Y j did not surprise me. Both are great lax teams,but the team fielded by TG this year in Florida was bigger and faster. Clearly that helped make the difference.

four of defo kids are eligible next year including goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems and M&D did not combine. A few girls from each club joined together with some other girls. The NEMS and M & D Clubs just did not want to send teams. With the heat and humidity in Florida as well as all the costs hard to argue why this makes sense.

I give the club owners credit. Do not see how any of the benefits outweigh the above.

For some reason there seems to be an inordinate amount of kids from Maryland who can't manage to get out of kindergarten and/or first grade at the proper age, so the majority of players on 2016 teams are too old to qualify for a u-15 tournament(forget any 2015 kids), which means they would be playing on equal footing, this is why they don't enter - has nothing to do with cost, it's a simple risk/reward decision, they can't win at the proper age group, so why expose themselves?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems and M&D did not combine. A few girls from each club joined together with some other girls. The NEMS and M & D Clubs just did not want to send teams. With the heat and humidity in Florida as well as all the costs hard to argue why this makes sense.

I give the club owners credit. Do not see how any of the benefits outweigh the above.

For some reason there seems to be an inordinate amount of kids from Maryland who can't manage to get out of kindergarten and/or first grade at the proper age, so the majority of players on 2016 teams are too old to qualify for a u-15 tournament(forget any 2015 kids), which means they would be playing on equal footing, this is why they don't enter - has nothing to do with cost, it's a simple risk/reward decision, they can't win at the proper age group, so why expose themselves?

Except for a few games, the finals being one of them, the competitioan by game was terrible. So a plane ticket on relatively short notice hotel room and rental car for people not making a lot of money is definitly a factor. In the end its bragging rights

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage I give you credit for posting that response but it seems the lax community at large does not care much about bs.You are always going to have what ifs, and people are always going to debate the what ifs.I know for a fact that some very good 2015 LM YJ players were eligible to play in Florida but did not, would they have made a difference? I think they would have but that does not change the fact that TG had the best U15 team at the tournament this year. Another fact is the YJ team had 2 practices in total prior to going to Florida, in my opinion that is not showing that this tournament is the most important event to them, again that is something that is arguable.Discussing the what ifs are something that this website is about , at least that is what I thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the excuses keep rolling in!

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply