Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Alexa Constant from Shoreham High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #6 ranked senior on Long Island and from Shoreham High School, Alexa Constant for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Alexa Constant, has proven herself playing as a Defensewoman in Shoreham HS and now has chosen to serve Stony Brook University. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Alexa Constant

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Brittany?  
Alexa Constant: My favorite saying from Coach Brittany was "play every game like it is your last". This
sticks out to me because she would just want each and every one of us to go out there and play for each other to win the game.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
AC: We have incredible potential to go far this season so I will continue to push my teammates and myself to be the best versions of ourselves when we step onto the field. We are always hyping each other up to work harder than the person next to you.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
AC: My senior season will be very special to me because it will be the last time my teammates and I step on the field together. I am going to cherish every moment I have left as a Wildcat and do whatever it takes to go all the way.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Stony Brook University and what other colleges were you considering?
AC: I chose to go Stony Brook University because of its strong academic reputation and competitive lacrosse program. The coaches were so welcoming and made me feel confident with my decision to pursue Stony Brook. The minute I stepped on campus I knew it felt like home. Other schools I considered were Marquette, USC, and Drexel.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
AC: : I am not very superstitious but before each game I have to have 2 french braids into a ponytail.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
AC: Every year before the season starts the seniors pick a playlist to listen to before home and away games. This year we chose to use Army's Lacrosse Warmup playlist. It never fails to hype anyone up and always leaves us with a pumped up feeling to take on our opponent.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
AC: During the summer, I love to go to the beach with my friends or hang out on the boat with the family. I also enjoy going to orange theory classes with my sister so we push each other to work harder.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Alfredo pasta and Iced tea
  • Favorite Color? Pink
  • Favorite Movie? Meet the Millers
  • Favorite Sports Team? The Giants
  • Favorite Athlete? Stephen Curry
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Alexa's career athletic accomplishments: Rookie Of The Year 2018, Unsung Hero 2019, Under Amour Long Island Command Team 2019, All-County Honorable Mention 2021. LILJ All-Long Island 2022, Newsday Top 100 in 2022, Newsday Top 20 Pure Defenders in 2022.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series