BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 87 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a hero’s parent (or a former one for sure). It’s not a real win? Your daughter’s team lost, accept it, it won’t kill you and grow up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There was a “practice” with like 30 girls, no real explanation. At least one other LBC field player. Some girls from other teams and the B team.

Was this a practice or was it some sort of mid season tryout?

Mid season tryout but none of the current girls risk their spot. So yeah, 26 girls on a team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents, coaches, directors, please stop the drama. We beg you! Let’s share stories of training, camps, NGLL, upcoming HS season, etc.

There was a time where BOTC made everyone’s email required to post. Those emails were also able to be seen from past posts which is not a “good look”!

Clean it up and use the forum as intended, to share good information. You have been warned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents, coaches, directors, please stop the drama. We beg you! Let’s share stories of training, camps, NGLL, upcoming HS season, etc.

There was a time where BOTC made everyone’s email required to post. Those emails were also able to be seen from past posts which is not a “good look”!

Clean it up and use the forum as intended, to share good information. You have been warned.
Yet here you are posting anonymously. Why are you warning and shaking your finger? What has been posted by parents has turned out to be true with Integrity and these tryouts. Thank goodness it was brought to light because a lot of our daughters would have been blind sided Now we have the option to plan and move on in the summer. So thank you BOTC parents. Carry on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try way more than that, and it won’t stop this year. This is the new philosophy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet here you are posting anonymously. Why are you warning and shaking your finger? What has been posted by parents has

turned out to be true with Integrity and these tryouts. Thank goodness it was brought to light because a lot of our daughters would have been blind sided Now we have the option to plan and move on in the summer. So thank you BOTC parents. Carry on.

At least my plea will be a somewhat voice of reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet here you are posting anonymously. Why are you warning and shaking your finger? What has been posted by parents has turned out to be true with Integrity and these tryouts. Thank goodness it was brought to light because a lot of our daughters would have been blind sided Now we have the option to plan and move on in the summer. So thank you BOTC parents. Carry on.

The truth hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity is run poorly IMO

Truth!! And it has only gotten worse in the past couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because they had mid year tryouts? Every team does that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? I have never heard of a team doing that. Its encouraging these girls to break their commitments to their existing teams and teammates. Why would any team promote that?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it an actual tryout or a practice with a few select players from other teams sprinkled in? Was it posted on their website or Facebook page for any girl to come? If so I know a few girls who would've gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed...every team does all of it- I’m so confused why all the detest for integrity and Spaulding (granted I think it’s likely only 1-2 people that have no life and spend their day trolling over and over). Regardless, I’m not affiliated with those organizations but what is described happens everywhere in maryland? St Paul coach hugely affiliated with mnd and will bring in at least 6 freshman and then her own team right behind it. There are a zillion examples...Just like at every school in this conference- only the best will be playing (literally nonstop) regardless of what club they come- They are all ruthless- they will recruit transfers (clubs and hs) all with no apologies or getting the troll’s prior approval.

This is maryland lax- if your daughter isn’t playing- she needs to talk to the coach to see what/if she can improve- work harder but she’s probably just not as good so be fine with her riding the bench. Simple as that. Let’s stop blaming this poor women for your daughter’s shortcomings (considering this is the best conf in the nation) - it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed...every team does all of it- I’m so confused why all the detest for integrity and Spaulding (granted I think it’s likely only 1-2 people that have no life and spend their day trolling over and over). Regardless, I’m not affiliated with those organizations but what is described happens everywhere in maryland? St Paul coach hugely affiliated with mnd and will bring in at least 6 freshman and then her own team right behind it. There are a zillion examples...Just like at every school in this conference- only the best will be playing (literally nonstop) regardless of what club they come- They are all ruthless- they will recruit transfers (clubs and hs) all with no apologies or getting the troll’s prior approval.

This is maryland lax- if your daughter isn’t playing- she needs to talk to the coach to see what/if she can improve- work harder but she’s probably just not as good so be fine with her riding the bench. Simple as that. Let’s stop blaming this poor women for your daughter’s shortcomings (considering this is the best conf in the nation) - it is what it is.

Great post. Life isnt fair. You dont like it, work harder. Club teams and High School will be recruiting all the time and are always looking to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"only the best will be playing (literally nonstop) regardless of what club they come"
You must be new to this page, go spend time on the HS page and see what is being said over at Spalding. Its her team, she can run it as she sees fit, but there's repercussions.

Yes, St Paul coach pulls from M&D as does McDonough, and it makes sense when that club has a top-3 team in every age group that the M&D girls would be playing a lot in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it an actual tryout or a practice with a few select players from other teams sprinkled in? Was it posted on their website or Facebook page for any girl to come? If so I know a few girls who would've gone.

Practice with girls from multiple other teams. 30ish total girls. Call it what you like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? I have never heard of a team doing that. Its encouraging these girls to break their commitments to their existing teams and teammates. Why would any team promote that?

My daughter has played for multiple teams, they all did it. Obviously I haven’t seen all teams but seems normal at the high level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah because the ML era was soooooo great! For progress to happen you might have to upset the apple cart at times. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter has played for multiple teams, they all did it. Obviously I haven’t seen all teams but seems normal at the high level teams.

HS coach of the year MG did it with her M&D team (had several Heros players at her practices). So it does happen ALL the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HS coach of the year MG did it with her M&D team (had several Heros players at her practices). So it does happen ALL the time
Those girls were trying out for the team. MG was not replacing or bringing on girls mid season. However Coach of the year MG did tell the girls during the tournament who was staying on black, who got demoted to Red and who got cut from the team. It’s all a life lessons IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like they had to make it seem like a tryout but they already knew they were taking the LBC goalie and players the LBC coach/mom encouraged to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like they had to make it seem like a tryout but they already knew they were taking the LBC goalie and players the LBC coach/mom encouraged to follow.

This is exactly what it was, you have to have the illusion of players "earning their spot".

I do wonder if this helps the team on the field, certainly going to be growing pains off of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly what it was, you have to have the illusion of players "earning their spot".

I do wonder if this helps the team on the field, certainly going to be growing pains off of it.

Not to mention LBC coach/mom felt the need to pillage the 26 team she coached for years on her way out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, seems like LBC 26 was going to lose those kids anyways one way or the other.
I wonder if this trend continues for 27 28 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, seems like LBC 26 was going to lose those kids anyways one way or the other.

Not in the middle of the season but I guess it's better to get rid of the goalie momma drama asap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not in the middle of the season but I guess it's better to get rid of the goalie momma drama asap.

You sound so sincere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with all the new additions how many girls are on integrity green now? Did they move one of the goalies or will there really be 3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with all the new additions how many girls are on integrity green now? Did they move one of the goalies or will there really be 3?

Hear there will be 3 with weekly practice performance determining who plays,

Whole situation is just sad to me. LBC obviously hurt by this. Integrity current players hurt by this. Not sure who really benefits, maybe former LBC goalie if she was in bad environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whole situation is just sad to me. LBC obviously hurt by this. Integrity current players hurt by this. Not sure who really benefits, maybe former LBC goalie if she was in bad environment.

I am sure those goalies will be the best of friends lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't play three goalies, so best case you split halves unless they just only play LBC goalie.
one of those goalies, if not two are not going to get what they signed up for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't play three goalies, so best case you split halves unless they just only play LBC goalie.

If you start a season thinking you are one of two goalies and pay tuition it is not fair to now be put in a position where you might not play at all. If roles were reversed LBC goalie mom would be losing it more than usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LBC goalie was not in a bad situation her mom wants her to go to Spalding and thought this was the best way in. Not sure why the mom didn't consider the impact of disrupting another team. She obviously wasn't thinking about her own daughter and her future on this team or at Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LBC goalie was not in a bad situation her mom wants her to go to Spalding and thought this was the best way in. Not sure why the mom didn't consider the impact of disrupting another team. She obviously wasn't thinking about her own daughter and her future on this team or at Spalding.

This makes it sound like the LBC goalie couldn’t get into Spalding unless she was on Integrity, I really really hope that wasn’t some back alley agreement made in that respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes it sound like the LBC goalie couldn’t get into Spalding unless she was on Integrity, I really really hope that wasn’t some back alley agreement made in that respect.

Everyone gets into Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity "the act of behaving honorably, adherence to moral and ethical principals". Integrity is honesty without deception, following through on your commitments you made to players. Maybe they should change the back of their warm up shirts to read "I work hard so I can be replaced midseason" Seems more appropriate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you start a season thinking you are one of two goalies and pay tuition it is not fair to now be put in a position where you might not play at all. If roles were reversed LBC goalie mom would be losing it more than usual.

100% accurate on both points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myth, helmets do not promote aggressive play. Look it up. And if anything a girl wearing a helmet is less likely to get a call. Especially if you're a goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know plenty of kids who have been denied admission to Spalding. Not sure where you are going with your comment but you’re wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myth, helmets do not promote aggressive play. Look it up. And if anything a girl wearing a helmet is less likely to get a call. Especially if you're a goalie.

Yo, wrong thread my dude. This one is for bashing Integrity at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True but according to a previous thread LBC goalie is getting a free ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity "the act of behaving honorably, adherence to moral and ethical principals". Integrity is honesty without deception, following through on your commitments you made to players. Maybe they should change the back of their warm up shirts to read "I work hard so I can be replaced midseason" Seems more appropriate.

Ha, It is a bit ironic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 87 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard