BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 87 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is zero goalie coaching at most other clubs
MDU, CCLax, and MNd have goalie coaches. Not a reason to switch for a goalie. It goes back to the parents. Jumping clubs to get their players on better performing teams. A team is good because Of the players working together, not individual performances. These teams that take on new players mid season hurt that team mentality and creates a sense of distrust w players and parents. It’s happened in years past, top teams losing players because of the distrust that was created the season before. I hope team coaches consider this moving forward- there’s some good unified teams that have overcome B divisions into top A teams for the sole purpose that these players play well with each other and trust each other. Once that trust is gone on a team, it begins to crumble

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we talk about how this is the second year in a row that LBC's very good goalie has left the team right before the start of Spring season/NGLL. Other goalies have left at older age groups as well. Maybe the program needs to reassess what they are offering in terms of goalie coaching and development.

Reassess what they offer for goalie coaching? What they offer is nothing. Does passing for 15-20 mins before practice sound like development? How about getting pelted on in the goal for the remainder of practice or put your stick down and run in the middle of the field for everyone to shoot on you without your goalie stick. Have you heard of that drill? What about your coach telling you after a losing game it was your fault? So I guess you can say they need to reassess what they are offering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU, CCLax, and MNd have goalie coaches. Not a reason to switch for a goalie. It goes back to the parents. Jumping clubs to get their players on better performing teams. A team is good because Of the players working together, not individual performances. These teams that take on new players mid season hurt that team mentality and creates a sense of distrust w players and parents. It’s happened in years past, top teams losing players because of the distrust that was created the season before. I hope team coaches consider this moving forward- there’s some good unified teams that have overcome B divisions into top A teams for the sole purpose that these players play well with each other and trust each other. Once that trust is gone on a team, it begins to crumble

Going to a team with goalie coaches makes a world of difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly do not understand the position of goalie if you think that it isn’t important to have goalie coaches at clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That wasn’t what was said. Agree- it’s essential, but not a focus for clubs unfortunately. Goalies are left on their own to spend thousands each year on training. The claim that goalies are leaving for coaching can’t be true- because there is no coaching unless it’s the three teams listed above (and maybe a few outlier clubs). It’s needed for sure- just not available

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to a team with goalie coaches makes a world of difference.

We have goalie coaching for 45 minutes at practice and our goalie coaches are at the games. Makes a huge difference. They can help them make corrections during the game and see what they need to work on at the next practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can assure you M and D does NOT have goalie coaches. NONE. Sure there was goalie coach that showed up for tryouts but that’s about it. Not sure where you are getting your info but not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk about how this is the second year in a row that LBC's very good goalie has left the team right before the start of Spring season/NGLL. Other goalies have left at older age groups as well. Maybe the program needs to reassess what they are offering in terms of goalie coaching and development.

Reassess what they offer for goalie coaching? What they offer is nothing. Does passing for 15-20 mins before practice sound like development? How about getting pelted on in the goal for the remainder of practice or put your stick down and run in the middle of the field for everyone to shoot on you without your goalie stick. Have you heard of that drill? What about your coach telling you after a losing game it was your fault? So I guess you can say they need to reassess what they are offering.

Well since the coaches daughter is now a goalie maybe she'll change her way of coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can assure you M and D does NOT have goalie coaches. NONE. Sure there was goalie coach that showed up for tryouts but that’s about it. Not sure where you are getting your info but not true.

Former 2022 Red Coach...
https://www.mndlax.com/index.cfm?do=cnt.page&pg=1037

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That wasn’t what was said. Agree- it’s essential, but not a focus for clubs unfortunately. Goalies are left on their own to spend thousands each year on training. The claim that goalies are leaving for coaching can’t be true- because there is no coaching unless it’s the three teams listed above (and maybe a few outlier clubs). It’s needed for sure- just not available

To any parent of a goalie who is switching clubs, the very first question that should be asked is “What do you offer goalies.?” If they say we do not have goalie coaches at every practice then keep looking. I know people will say that Hero’s and M&D don’t have them and they are on top, but are they winning games based on goals saved or because they put all their time and effort into their field positions. The goalies at those clubs are decent but have such good defenders that they aren’t as good as lower Club goalies. You want to be a great goalie? Join the worst team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this family should have really looked at themselves. Telling your daughter constantly she is the best on the team causes issues. When there are multiple complaints from families about one teammate and that player plays the victim of course she will want to leave. i feel bad for the player honestly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To any parent of a goalie who is switching clubs, the very first question that should be asked is “What do you offer goalies.?” If they say we do not have goalie coaches at every practice then keep looking. I know people will say that Hero’s and M&D don’t have them and they are on top, but are they winning games based on goals saved or because they put all their time and effort into their field positions. The goalies at those clubs are decent but have such good defenders that they aren’t as good as lower Club goalies. You want to be a great goalie? Join the worst team.

Although nobody wants to be on a losing team this is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a goalie, Ive heard this to be factual. Can't tell you how many times we've played a top-4 team and their goalie will see 4-5 shots while mine sees 25. Plenty of goals given up and plenty of great saves too.

I must agree, though I won't say "worst team" but a solid A team that plays against the top teams, thats the key, you want your goalie to see the best shooters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a goalie, Ive heard this to be factual. Can't tell you how many times we've played a top-4 team and their goalie will see 4-5 shots while mine sees 25. Plenty of goals given up and plenty of great saves too.

I must agree, though I won't say "worst team" but a solid A team that plays against the top teams, thats the key, you want your goalie to see the best shooters.

I would agree 100%!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can assure you 100% that M&D has a goalie coach sets up specific times and is at tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Heros and m&d have goalie coaching. Can’t be available at every practice but sets up specific goalie times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most definitely. Starting to be a trend.

Obviously LBC has gone through the ringer here. Let’s all possibly agree to move on. Nobody can blame a player or parent for wanting what is best for themselves and their family. See the bigger picture please! The goalie will be going to Spalding, which, as you have read, is an Integrity “monopoly”!

Recruiting years are important. Goalie training is critical. Heros, SW, MDU, M&D, and possibly Integrity/CC Lax have it. (Yes, in that order). Some better than others. LBC apparently does not and that could be an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only LBC goalie that was halfway decent left for SW 2024. There were no other decent goalies that left after/before that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree to an extent with some caveats

1) you want your goalie to face the best shooters, if you arent on a team that plays in top brackets of tourneys that doesnt happen
2) the biggest diferentation for goalies is ability to lead the defense and clear effectively. If you surround yourself with poor defenders that is nearly impossible to do and goalies end up chucking the ball to midfield in hopes of finding an open girl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those goalies at clubs like M&D and Hero's are also seeing higher quality shots at practice more consistently on top of the goalie coaching. I don't understand why more clubs don't provide a specific goalie coach or two at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are impossible to find. Or they don’t want to pay their fees of hundreds per hour. Poster was correct- only a few clubs have them, pretty sure integrity does not. So why abandon a team mid season. Because your current team is getting beat time and again in B level games, so why not jump ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only LBC goalie that was halfway decent left for SW 2024. There were no other decent goalies that left after/before that.

There is one on Hero's 25 Green as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those goalies at clubs like M&D and Hero's are also seeing higher quality shots at practice more consistently on top of the goalie coaching. I don't understand why more clubs don't provide a specific goalie coach or two at this point.

Goalies talk to each other as do the parents, it seems the same clubs are producing quality goalies, same list of clubs above that have goalie coaching, its their they get coached up or other see that and go there as they age and develop. (Hero's M&D SW MDU etc)

The LBC 27 goalie is very good too. I think she is a small lefty, very quick, dev a strength of that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. That's why they get scouted by other teams. Nice try LBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. That's why they get scouted by other teams. Nice try LBC.

That goalie quit SW and not playing club anymore. I believe their 21 goalie is at UMBC D1. She is really good. Others have left and are doing great as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny. LBC must be doing something right with the goalies they keep getting recruited by other clubs. LBC had a goalie coach at every fall practice. I was told by the daughters coach that the Integrity director told the LBC 26 goalie in the summer after tryouts and teams were picked she could play and would be the only Integrity 26 Green Goalie. SW24, Heros25, Integrity26, MDU26. The 21 goalie went to UMBC apparently. So LBC developed all of these goalies? Parents have the idea that they have to go to the Western Shore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny. LBC must be doing something right with the goalies they keep getting recruited by other clubs. LBC had a goalie coach at every fall practice. I was told by the daughters coach that the Integrity director told the LBC 26 goalie in the summer after tryouts and teams were picked she could play and would be the only Integrity 26 Green Goalie. SW24, Heros25, Integrity26, MDU26. The 21 goalie went to UMBC apparently. So LBC developed all of these goalies? Parents have the idea that they have to go to the Western Shore.

There is no goalie development at LBC. The older goalies stayed because they didn’t realize what they were missing and/or they lived to far away to travel across the bridge. If it was so great then why did the 24,25, 26, 28 goalies all leave? That’s a lot of goalies. And these other club directors don’t recruit. Parents watch teams at NGLL and tourneys and see the difference in coaching and then contact the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not familiar with the current situation. I can tell you in the past the parents have paid thousands of dollars over time, spent hours in the car, time away from other family members to help develop their child. The reason why parents have stayed with LBC for so long is because they don't want to make the drive over the bridge, they fall for empty promises and they don't want to leave their team. To answer your question, no LBC has not developed the goalies. They sat back and took advantage of the parents who put in the extra time and money and the kids who put in the extra time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no goalie development at LBC. The older goalies stayed because they didn’t realize what they were missing and/or they lived to far away to travel across the bridge. If it was so great then why did the 24,25, 26, 28 goalies all leave? That’s a lot of goalies. And these other club directors don’t recruit. Parents watch teams at NGLL and tourneys and see the difference in coaching and then contact the others.

This is true. At a certain age you start notice there is more to it than stopping the ball. Girls are developing footwork and various techniques. You realize other girls are passing your daughter by with the skills they are learning at different clubs that offer goalie coaching. Field players are getting faster and stronger therefore your daughter needs to do the same. If you don't get your child out of an environment that doesn't really care they really aren't going to care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the 23 goalie quit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one on Hero's 25 Green as well.

Okay Goalie mom. 25 goalie is okay but she is overshadowed by the other Hero’s Green goalie who is on the watchlist of goalies already. That goalie is very tall and just ideal for that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true. These goalies were 100% poached by other club directors. Of course other clubs are going to recruit them, goalies are a a tough commodity to come by.

A lot of western shore clubs sell the parents. Ignorant parents pull kids from teams without even letting their daughter have a say in the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with all of the chat about goalies, where did the Heros White goalie from last year end up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year are you referring to? This past tryout? Or tryouts coming in the summer? If the goalie was offered a spot last tryouts why didn't they come over to Integrity then? Why are they waiting? Are you saying the integrity director and coach are willing to cut the two goalies they currently have on Integrity green? I am just trying to understand, not a parent of the goalies or the team just seems like LBC mom is puffing her chest and making unrealistic demands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with all of the chat about goalies, where did the Heros White goalie from last year end up?
M and D Black team. Its Ok goalie dad we all know you just want to be heard and your daughter seen. Feeling a little left out. You and the LBC goalie mom would be a great match. Maybe the LBC goalie should tryout for the Black team, oh wait you and your daughter don't share playing time. Carry on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not familiar with the current situation. I can tell you in the past the parents have paid thousands of dollars over time, spent hours in the car, time away from other family members to help develop their child. The reason why parents have stayed with LBC for so long is because they don't want to make the drive over the bridge, they fall for empty promises and they don't want to leave their team. To answer your question, no LBC has not developed the goalies. They sat back and took advantage of the parents who put in the extra time and money and the kids who put in the extra time.

What's different about the current situation is that mom/coach was part of LBC's inner circle with the club director for years. She knew the goalie coaching situation and was an integral part of convincing girls to stay and to come to LBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 has some very strong goalies, I can say that much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That has been noted which is awesome. Can we cancel out some of these parents? That would be a game changer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year are you referring to? This past tryout? Or tryouts coming in the summer? If the goalie was offered a spot last tryouts why didn't they come over to Integrity then? Why are they waiting? Are you saying the integrity director and coach are willing to cut the two goalies they currently have on Integrity green? I am just trying to understand, not a parent of the goalies or the team just seems like LBC mom is puffing her chest and making unrealistic demands.

LBC mom was emotional when her daughter was a field player 10x worse now that she's a goalie. God bless her daughter and the team she goes to.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 87 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard