BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
fl$ tournament past weekend- 4th grade championship was won by fl$. However, the "4th grade" fl$ team had many 5th graders on it. No debate here please- (2) 5th grade boys from same town with the same initials, and many more playing on "4th grade" fl$.

There were other issues as well, but whatever

isn't that cheating? well done fl$.....

Nice try to stir the pot but that would never happen with the fl$. Try again though - If nothing else it's amusing.

Wouldn't put ANYTHING past fl$......How about cheating parents out of their try-out fees? In my opinion, it was pretty obvious there was favoritism last fall. Parents save your money this fall..........

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a good place to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I herd there was 2 3th grade boys on that jesters 4th grade team they were the 2 best players out there playing against 5 th grade boys and they won the game vs fgl the jesters should be the champs of that tournament and I am not a jesters parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the jesters had 3 th grade boys on that team and they were very good players playing against 5th grade boys wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I herd those 3th boys came from fl$ they must be doing something wright

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard fl$ may do tryouts next year for their younger teams (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade) teams and try to compete with the stronger teams (91, Express, Igloo, etc.). Does anyone know if that's true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard fl$ may do tryouts next year for their younger teams (3rd, 4th, and 5th grade) teams and try to compete with the stronger teams (91, Express, Igloo, etc.). Does anyone know if that's true?

I heard they better do something over there... 2017, 2018, and 2019 teams cannot beat top teams in their age groups. A far cry from the U-15 champ team a few years ago. Parents unhappy, no training, lack luster coaching, one practice a week , etc. many top players looking elsewhere for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup that pretty much sums it up...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup that pretty much sums it up...

fl$ - For The Live of the Green

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol and building more then just athletes. They should be embarassed with the showings of their middle school teams. Actually their 2017 won nxt cup so I give them that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they better do something over there... 2017, 2018, and 2019 teams cannot beat top teams in their age groups. A far cry from the U-15 champ team a few years ago. Parents unhappy, no training, lack luster coaching, one practice a week , etc. many top players looking elsewhere for next year.

fl$ is not the Express or 91! The 2018 and 2017 teams are not very competitive with the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ummm, news flash, 2017 fl$ just won the NXT cup down in Philly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they beat any of the top 10 LI Teams? Wait, never mind I don't think any of them were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really don't understand why people are so down on fl$, fl$ has always stated that they are there to help better the players, to play fair, to provide playing time. I would think that a parent would rather have their child play with an organization that will let them play than be one of those players who sit on the sideline and only play when the team is crushing their opponent. I would be more concerned if the HS level of fl$ was not competitive, that is the age that really matters and when the players get noticed.

The fl$ players and parents are some of the best, overall, in attitude and behavior. They may not win all the time, but they sure have fun and get along outside of the LAX field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really don't understand why people are so down on fl$, fl$ has always stated that they are there to help better the players, to play fair, to provide playing time. I would think that a parent would rather have their child play with an organization that will let them play than be one of those players who sit on the sideline and only play when the team is crushing their opponent. I would be more concerned if the HS level of fl$ was not competitive, that is the age that really matters and when the players get noticed.

The fl$ players and parents are some of the best, overall, in attitude and behavior. They may not win all the time, but they sure have fun and get along outside of the LAX field.

I agree with what you are saying but some people are under the impression because you win a tournament with light competition doesn’t make you a top long Island program from a completive stand point. Anytime fl$ meets up with a high level program they lose. Philly was not a competitive tournament. All the top teams were in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol and building more then just athletes. They should be embarassed with the showings of their middle school teams. Actually their 2017 won nxt cup so I give them that.

There 2017 is not very good as a team. Some good players but not one of the top teams in the age group. The Philly tournament was not very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that a few years ago Team 91 and True Blue were either just starting out or didn't even exist. What makes these two teams is that they have great chemistry because they really have not changed their rosters in two years.
fl$ constantly changes their rosters...last year's team was not great either. I'm sure they will change it up again...it's hard to get things going without ample practices and constant upheavals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But their best players are some of the best around. They could play on any team and dominate. They just don't have as much depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that a few years ago Team 91 and True Blue were either just starting out or didn't even exist. What makes these two teams is that they have great chemistry because they really have not changed their rosters in two years.
fl$ constantly changes their rosters...last year's team was not great either. I'm sure they will change it up again...it's hard to get things going without ample practices and constant upheavals.

I'm not sure that's true about constantly changing the roster.I heard , many kids on fl$ lite , make the 6th grade team. You know, A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, money-wise that is.Why take the chance with a new kid when you know last years kid is going to pay such a high team fee. And Hey , why not take all the try-out fee's and use the cash for existing kids lax helmets.Lets see, $125.00 try out fee could = a new helmet! Could it be??? I hope not. But then, why charge so much for a try out ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but heard their 2018 team got crushed at NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but heard their 2018 team got crushed at NXT.

At lax fest as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure that's true about constantly changing the roster.I heard , many kids on fl$ lite , make the 6th grade team. You know, A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, money-wise that is.Why take the chance with a new kid when you know last years kid is going to pay such a high team fee. And Hey , why not take all the try-out fee's and use the cash for existing kids lax helmets.Lets see, $125.00 try out fee could = a new helmet! Could it be??? I hope not. But then, why charge so much for a try out ?

Why does F L $ charge so much $$$ ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CONSTANTLY CHANGING ROSTER????? Please,
They have numerous kids from the same elementary school on the 2019 team!
How is that possible ? Perhaps Paul Rabil is from that neighborhood and they are all related to him??? WHAT A JOKE
Don't waste your F L $$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CONGRADS to fl$ for a Fantastic fl$ in 3D Tournament this past weekend.

We had a great time and we are really glad we made the trip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and at their own tournament this past weekend in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ had a bit of an air of superiority about them a few years back, they then made a major blunder by holding tryouts to late for the younger teams, they were able to get away with the late tryout for the older established teams because those kids wanted to play for them, but they lost out on a new generation of quality players when they all made other teams before fl$ even had tryouts, they are now trying to re-build those teams but the better players are all established else where.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can't afford it, find another team. Stop wasting everyones time with the constant whining about the cost. Go back to the hole you live in but stop the constant complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can't afford it, find another team. Stop wasting everyones time with the constant whining about the cost. Go back to the hole you live in but stop the constant complaining.

Thanks so much Manhasset/Garden City/Cold Spring Harbor parent for your elitist comment about affording to play summer lacrosse. Maybe, just maybe - the reason why so many people have the same complaint is because the program is no longer about For the Love of the Game it's now about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice, branding someone for being from Manhasset/GC/CSH because they make a money comment. What nonsense, how come not South Massapequa/Kings Park etc etc etc?? You're a JERK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should have studied harder in college. Then you could have afforded a house in CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how old is there best attack man? Be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice, branding someone for being from Manhasset/GC/CSH because they make a money comment. What nonsense, how come not South Massapequa/Kings Park etc etc etc?? You're a JERK

Hey there jug head, all you have to do is look at the FL$ rosters! It's all right there on their website.Go ahead, take a look at how many youngsters are in the same school, I think in Manhasset.There must be something in the air in that one neighborhood to make such talented kids in that 6th gr team. Hmmm, I wonder if it had anything to do with favoritism during selection time ? Well, perhaps. Maybe selection was a forgone conclusion prior to the try out! And to think of all the other kids who really thought they had a shot at making the team.how disappointing it must have been for some of them.Not to mention the costly price for the honor of trying out for FL$.very sad....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the madness, I know of another town in Suffolk that has 8+ kids less than 1/4 mile of each other that are the top in their grade. What a pleasure to have talented friends who live near bye play together. Id take a group of kids that will play and be together over boys that don't know each other any other day. they will gel and play better as a team, and that is what it is about getting a team better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the madness, I know of another town in Suffolk that has 8+ kids less than 1/4 mile of each other that are the top in their grade. What a pleasure to have talented friends who live near bye play together. Id take a group of kids that will play and be together over boys that don't know each other any other day. they will gel and play better as a team, and that is what it is about getting a team better.

Why is this an arguement? fl$ isn't a very competitive team to begin with...stick to Turtles (not a Turtle Dad)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. we are ALL, all for that. BUT DON'T CHARGE A TRY OUT FEE. What is it you people don't get!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This organization is laughable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset's 6th grade PAL "A" team went undefeated this year. As did their 5th grade PAL "A" team

Maybe they just have a lot more younger talent than some of the other towns. Maybe they are doing something at the youth level that your town isn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not from Manhasset, but have seen Coach Cherry at the sidelines of quite a few youth games the past few years. Always with a smile on and always willing to talk and shake a hand. There is the difference a public school coach out at Youth Games cheering on his community and future players.

The only other HS coach I have seen at tournaments TY is Doller from Sayville (not sure if he has a son who plays youth).

Manhasset's 6th grade PAL "A" team went undefeated this year. As did their 5th grade PAL "A" team

Maybe they just have a lot more younger talent than some of the other towns. Maybe they are doing something at the youth level that your town isn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill Cherry is a first class act and im not from Manhasset, FYI he has a son playing in the games that he is watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually he attends many games that his sons are not playing. He was at Stonybrook this past weekend and the only team that played was the 5th grade 32 team. His son is not on that team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard