BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 176 of 267 1 2 174 175 176 177 178 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Boy this forum went dead. Did all the 2026 parents reclass their kids to 2027?

unfortunately closer to truth than fiction.

Seriously? Among the 2026 teams that my son is on and the teams where he has friends (MadLax, VLC, NextLevel, and DCE) I do not know of a single player reclassing to 2027, let alone 2028. Can somebody give an example of a team where a 2026 has gone down to 2028?

agree. False. the best you will find is 25 reclass to 26 but I know of not one kid on ML, VLC or DCE that is reclassing to 2027.

I am reclassing from 96 to 2026. Although the younger kids have more stamina than me, I think years of drinking beer have given me enough extra body weight I can probably lean my way into the goal and being elite level finisher. I just don't looking forward to having to take algebra again. Can anyone recommend one of the private schools where they have the tutors to work for you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most re-class in middle school at most MIAA schools, except the one or two that don’t have 7 or 8th grade.

They may re-class or hold back in middle school. However, they may have started Kindergarten later? Making them 1 1/2 to 2 years older in some cases after “re-classing” once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most re-class in middle school at most MIAA schools, except the one or two that don’t have 7 or 8th grade.

They may re-class or hold back in middle school. However, they may have started Kindergarten later? Making them 1 1/2 to 2 years older in some cases after “re-classing” once.

Most better MIAA players are only one year holdbacks ...reclassed in Middle School or pre k ( heldback in Kindergarten) . These players vary in holdback birthdays from Sept to Aug, yes some are actually Sept holdbacks, with I would say a majority holdbacks born May to Aug... the on age players are a decent amount, most born Sept to Jan of that school year and on age. This is from my experience, bottom line, very few good/starter MIAA players are on age and born after Jan/Feb .

The double holdback is out there occasionally , but rare and frankly is against the supposed MIAA rules. The two I knew about, weren't even that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, Hawks dad. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents struggling to get their kids in to High Schools has their attention focused elsewhere. When there's not another string to pull or coach to hit your knee's for, reality sets in.

So True.
Reality sets in right about now. Those h/s coaches really aren't calling, and BK doesn't really know who your son is.
Just wait till the end of Jan when those rejection letters hit the mail. Better have a backup plan.

MIAA is not for everyone. Sorry Folks

I am consistently amazed at the entitlement / delusion factor of parents (mostly dads).

1) Oh I'm sure he's going to <<MIAA school>>, sure he has a 2.8 in public middle school but it's the school's fault
2) I'm sure he's going varsity in 9th grade
3) The coach says he "looks strong" so I'm sure he's in!
4) What tryouts? I'm sure he'll make the squad no matter what.
5) 9th grade team at a top MIAA school? That's for losers!
6) We're transferring to public where my son's elite talent will be appreciated!

It's predictable and the conversation goes just like that.

Only half of those kids get in (only Spalding and CHC have acceptance rates near/over 50%, everyone else is 25% or less), and approximately 0% of them make varsity in 9th grade, and in fact a bunch of them get salty about JV/9th grade rostering and quit the sport entirely (which is dense, your odds are good for continuing as long as you get into JV in 10th grade, you'll at least hit varsity for 12th grade, and thus may get an obscure D3 offer at the last minute, especially if your kid made good connections, events, and highlights through his club).

As for "my kid wants more PT!" I mean that's an important conversation. Part of that conversation has to be "how bad does your son really want it?" And "When's the last time your son has worked out by himself, in the rain?" (a really good data point I've found over the years). If you have an 8th grader who has to be reminded to work out, and he's not a freak of nature/talent, you might start rethinking that MIAA stuff.

From, a 2021/2024/2029 MIAA dad. 2021 is currently D2 player (not trying to oversell my expertise by saying he was a StaR rEcRuiT etc).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents struggling to get their kids in to High Schools has their attention focused elsewhere. When there's not another string to pull or coach to hit your knee's for, reality sets in.

So True.
Reality sets in right about now. Those h/s coaches really aren't calling, and BK doesn't really know who your son is.
Just wait till the end of Jan when those rejection letters hit the mail. Better have a backup plan.

MIAA is not for everyone. Sorry Folks

I am consistently amazed at the entitlement / delusion factor of parents (mostly dads).

1) Oh I'm sure he's going to <<MIAA school>>, sure he has a 2.8 in public middle school but it's the school's fault
2) I'm sure he's going varsity in 9th grade
3) The coach says he "looks strong" so I'm sure he's in!
4) What tryouts? I'm sure he'll make the squad no matter what.
5) 9th grade team at a top MIAA school? That's for losers!
6) We're transferring to public where my son's elite talent will be appreciated!

It's predictable and the conversation goes just like that.

Only half of those kids get in (only Spalding and CHC have acceptance rates near/over 50%, everyone else is 25% or less), and approximately 0% of them make varsity in 9th grade, and in fact a bunch of them get salty about JV/9th grade rostering and quit the sport entirely (which is dense, your odds are good for continuing as long as you get into JV in 10th grade, you'll at least hit varsity for 12th grade, and thus may get an obscure D3 offer at the last minute, especially if your kid made good connections, events, and highlights through his club).

As for "my kid wants more PT!" I mean that's an important conversation. Part of that conversation has to be "how bad does your son really want it?" And "When's the last time your son has worked out by himself, in the rain?" (a really good data point I've found over the years). If you have an 8th grader who has to be reminded to work out, and he's not a freak of nature/talent, you might start rethinking that MIAA stuff.

From, a 2021/2024/2029 MIAA dad. 2021 is currently D2 player (not trying to oversell my expertise by saying he was a StaR rEcRuiT etc).

And most important reminder for those thinking of playing MIAA and beyond. Reclass Reclass Reclass unless born Sept-Dec. and even then I would reclass.

Note*** Reclass before 6th grade, you have a better shot than reclassing in 8th . And of course prefirst reclass is best ( most missed this except elementary MIAA school boys ) .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Rage was on the naughty list and Santa Hogan wasnt happy about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?
I thought that Hogan sold the Hawks, so why would Rage and lumber boy be his problem anymore?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?
I thought that Hogan sold the Hawks, so why would Rage and lumber boy be his problem anymore?

Please! Wonder how long Hogan will be running things after the buyout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rage , Lumber Boy , Lids , Lids Jr , FB , King Crab , we have some of the best lacrosse names here in MD

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a letter in the dcurbanmom lacrosse forum from an owner that recently sold to 3d Step that explains the continuing relationship he has with 3d Step. Could be that Hogan has the same kind of arrangement.

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/1023420.page;jsessionid=9D91723EB8E8018A276E6A2A18358F83

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rage , Lumber Boy , Lids , Lids Jr , FB , King Crab , we have some of the best lacrosse names here in MD

We just moved to Baltco from TX can you all fill us in on these terms, thank you partner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA rules with a double holdback, if a player turns 19 before Sept 1, can he play his senior year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA rules with a double holdback, if a player turns 19 before Sept 1, can he play his senior year?

No:

2. Age Limitations

A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday before August 31 of a given academic year is not eligible to participate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We just moved to Baltco from TX can you all fill us in on these terms, thank you partner.

Huh? These terms exist mostly or entirely in this website, which is available in all states, even Texas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find these to be pretty uncreative. Not sure the white sneaker, khaki, vest, chubby middle managers on here can do better though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find these to be pretty uncreative. Not sure the white sneaker, khaki, vest, chubby middle managers on here can do better though.

Nice try True dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mr Rage, we get it. You are upset with name along with Lumber Boy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

Part of the buy-out includes Matt running things for a while. Its kind of like when Dana White sold the UFC. He got a wad of cash but kept control. "Rage" is not on the naughty list. The money keeps coming in so everyone is happy from the overlords on down. A couple of losses to Long Island teams do not affect the bottom line. People will still pay several thousand dollars for 'the Hawks experience." As long as that stays true, Rage is on the Nice list. Besides, who else are they going to get to coach the team without losing all of the key players?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

Part of the buy-out includes Matt running things for a while. Its kind of like when Dana White sold the UFC. He got a wad of cash but kept control. "Rage" is not on the naughty list. The money keeps coming in so everyone is happy from the overlords on down. A couple of losses to Long Island teams do not affect the bottom line. People will still pay several thousand dollars for 'the Hawks experience." As long as that stays true, Rage is on the Nice list. Besides, who else are they going to get to coach the team without losing all of the key players?!

Thank you. Assumed that was the case but hadn't seen any details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No:

2. Age Limitations

A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday before August 31 of a given academic year is not eligible to participate.

This is why a number of kids who were on MIAA teams last year as juniors are not rostered this year- Too old to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No:

2. Age Limitations

This is why a number of kids who were on MIAA teams last year as juniors are not rostered this year- Too old to play.

How many are 19 on 9/1 of Senior year? Double holdbacks perhaps? Everyone saying that’s so rare???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

We all got to read the email he sent groveling to Hogan last year after the summer. Needed to save his job and keep his son on a team he can control. Leave the guy alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

We all got to read the email he sent groveling to Hogan last year after the summer. Needed to save his job and keep his son on a team he can control. Leave the guy alone.

Exactly, Rage and Lumber Boy are ok at this time. Move on , pay your dues and watch the sparks fly in the future, Worth the fees just to be an eye witness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No:

2. Age Limitations

How many are 19 on 9/1 of Senior year? Double holdbacks perhaps? Everyone saying that’s so rare???

Calvert Hall has a few kids who aged out of the league this year as Seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lumber boy’s kid didn’t get cut yet???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

Groveling email? Was that posted here or somewhere else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Details?

Groveling email? Was that posted here or somewhere else?

Where can we see?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is absolutely the team to beat. Chatter about the yellow helmets only fuel our fire. You heard it here first.....#1 in the nation by the end of spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. The idea that hogan leaked an email between him and one of his coaches is laughable. Moving on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree on 91. The talent level on that team is insane. Probably the most skilled and athletic of all the 26 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is absolutely the team to beat. Chatter about the yellow helmets only fuel our fire. You heard it here first.....#1 in the nation by the end of spring.

First you gotta get by Cavalier and Kelley Post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree on 91. The talent level on that team is insane. Probably the most skilled and athletic of all the 26 teams

Beautiful but too basic troll attempt.

91MD is basically Fancy Looney's, until they recruit a bunch more ringers and relegate their legacy youth players to the "practice team." Where they can be "developed."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are more relevant then the 91 Team. Don't tell some of the 91 dads or there will be an increase in trash can lid assaults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct Team 91 is off the charts . Unfortunately they will be bottom feeders as they cant win against any team that is above mediocre

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are more relevant then the 91 Team. Don't tell some of the 91 dads or there will be an increase in trash can lid assaults.

Correct, but Please don't mention Predators in the same sentence as 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL hot take, Predators are also "Fancy Looneys." The 2027 Predator rosters is, basically, Looneys, and the 2029 Predators roster is almost entirely Team 91 kids. Maybe Predators also offers the Mark Millon World Famous Schwag Bag. I don't know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow work day so I checked out 91's HoCo record from last spring. They beat NextLevel and FCA, but were beaten fairly easily by VLC (10-5), True (8-4), MadLax (13-2), and Crabs (17-3). They didn't play the Hawks. They did play a one goal game against BLC.

So is 91 adding new players and holdbacks, or are you saying that the existing players have worked so hard in the offseason that teams like VLC, True, MadLax will need to take them seriously this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a really bad team…they don’t deserve to be in the Elite division and their fans are delusional if the believe they will have a winning record this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL hot take, Predators are also "Fancy Looneys." The 2027 Predator rosters is, basically, Looneys.
+ Koopers with some Crabs and FCA thrown in.

Like Reply Quote
Page 176 of 267 1 2 174 175 176 177 178 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard