Peddie School (NJ) 2022 Midfield, Attack Nyjah Smarr Commits to DE State Univ.

@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Peddie School (NJ) 2022 Midfield, Attack Nyjah Smarr of DEWLAX Girls Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Delaware State University.

High school: Peddie School (Hightstown, NJ)
Grad year: 2022
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College committed to: Delaware State University
Club team: DEWLAX Girls Lacrosse
Academic honors: 3.75/4.0 GPA, Amnesty International Leader, Black Student Union Leader, Head Tour Guide, Prefect in Dorms, Blue Key Guide, Ambassador for Bridge of Children of Haiti. 1/3 creators for 12 Hours of Action a 12-hour zoom event to educate others on social injustice.
Expected major: Human Resources Management and Services, Other
Why did you choose Delaware State University, Women's D1? "Delaware State University felt like home to me. Coach Jenkins made sure I felt secure in my decision and supported me every step of the way in the commitment process. Not only did she make sure I felt at home with lacrosse, she made sure Delaware State University would be an institution for me to continue to challenge myself academically. My future teammates were extremely welcoming, hardworking, and outgoing. I felt like a part of the Hornet Family as soon as I visited. I’m so excited for the next 4 as a Hornet!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I switched to a lacrosse only a year ago. I had the goal of playing collegiate lacrosse and was determined to do so no matter how “late” I was to the game. With the support of you all I was able to do so. Thank you to my family, coaches, and teammates. A special thank you to Patrick Young for taking me under his wing to teach me the basics of lacrosse and for pushing me to do the hard drills that have made me the player I am today. To Coach Dwayne, Coach Natasha, and Coach Scott: Thank you for pushing me and giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful program."
What other colleges did you consider? "Haverford, Chestnut Hill College, Amherst, Juniata, EMU, Bryn Mawr, DeSales University, Howard University."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Nyjah Smarr on her commitment to Delaware State University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below: