Greenwich Academy (CT) 2023 Defense Ellie Johnson Commits to Stanford University

@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Greenwich Academy (CT) 2023 Defense Ellie Johnson of CT Grizzlies Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Stanford University.

High school: Greenwich Academy (Riverside, CT)
Grad year: 2023
Position: Defense
College committed to: Stanford University
Club team: CT Grizzlies Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: June, 2021 was named All-NEPSAC Hon Mention May, 2021 received Greenwich Academy's 10th grade Athletic Award with the inscription: The Alan Gilchrist Award is given to the school and given in memory of Alan Gilchrist, an ardent supporter of GA teams/girls for devotion and enthusiasm in sports. Extra reps, extra runs, extra questions -- this athlete seeks out the opportunities and information to propel herself and her teammates forward. Team-first in all she does from the fields to the court her athleticism is only matched by her effort. Congratulations, Ellie Johnson. May, 2021 was recognized by Greenwich Academy as one of only three sophomores who played three varsity sports Spring 2021 Greenwich Academy Varsity stats (11 games) led the team in 50/50 Ground Balls (16) and forced turnovers (20), gaining a total of 40 possessions including draws. Turned the ball over only twice all season. Scored one goal!!! Matched up against opponents' top attackers including Notre Dame, UVA, Michigan, and Cornell commits. 2021 Under Armour 150 Invitee (June'21) 2020 Under Armour CONNY Command Team (All-Tournament Team & Most Outstanding Player, East Super Regional Event, CONNY Command won the National Championship!) Summer, 2020 Nike Elite 120 Combine (July'20): agility 5-10-5 challenge (1st overall out of 75 '23s), 7th in the 40yd dash for all 2023's, and 8th in the 300 shuttle for '23s Fall, 2020 - CT Grizzlies IntraSquad Tournament ('22, '23, '24s - 4 games)- I was Team Lindley's MVP Summer, 2019 Under Armour CONNY Command Team (semifinals) one of five 8th graders on the team Winter, 2019 National Indoor Tournament - Inside Lacrosse "Players who stood out" Greenwich Youth Lacrosse - State Champions 2017 & 2018, All-Star for CON/NY game 2018 CT Grizzlies Team ranked #2 in the country Made the Varsity Lacrosse Team at Greenwich Academy as a freshman - ranked by Inside Lacrosse pre-season #25 nationally
Academic honors: My weighted average through the first 2 years of HS is 97, my unweighted average is 94. 4.0/4.0 GPA High Honor Roll all semesters so far in high school.
Why did you choose Stanford University, Women's D1? "I chose Stanford because I felt at home there and the people were so welcoming. It is also a very high academic school and the lacrosse team and coaches are extremely driven and motivated to get better and win!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to my family, friends, coaches, teachers, and everyone who has supported me through this process!"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Ellie Johnson on her commitment to Stanford University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below: