BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 153 of 267 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed! Cannons 2026 is a great team. FO guy is solid. They will be a force in AAA, as HoCo 2026 will be. HoCo barely lost to TRW by 1 in tournament this summer. Say what you will. Cannons & HoCo 2026 will be standouts in AAA. Both strong teams with very strong coaching….. which at the end of the day, is the most important thing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’ve heard for years that parents aren’t holding back for lacrosse. I believe them. That’s why they won’t care when it moves to age based again.

Lax used to be age based before the early recruiting push a few years ago.

Now early recruiting is gone, time to go back to age based. Once the Clubs realize that will have better hs enrollment and make more cash by running it the way soccer does. But let’s be honest, these former lax players running the premier programs aren’t the brightest bulbs when it comes to business. The extent of their business “acumen” is up-charging parents 5% more in the team store.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level and FCA had tough years. TRW & Top Caliber move up. HoCo & Cannons will be AAA and very justified as both are solid contenders. Roughriders lost both goalies and top players, so they are in rebuild mode, but who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree. Honestly not a holdback parent either, but I just don't see the issue. When a kid hits the 9th grade they will be playing against other athletes that are significantly older. I know the 12, 13 and 14 year old years are tough with growth spurts, and holdbacks but you just have to weather it, or take up golf.

Crying foul and worrying about what others are doing is a waste of time.

Yea, you are not a holdback parent, just a prefirst parent . LOL. Why d you holdback..I mean prefirst parents and rest of apologists say ,,weather the storm, be tough,,,yet the holdbacks/prefirst play down and take the wimp easy way.

They don’t see an issue with it, because they are benefiting from it! It’s not about when a kid hits 9th grade! It’s about what’s going on in youth lacrosse and the unfair advantages holding back gets them for development purposes. It needs to change. A kid Should only be able to play up and not down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Lacrosse should be “on age” in the youth level , just like soccer! And …many other sports! The way it is now is elitist
OMG WE KNOWWWWWWW[/quote

OK , GREATTTTTTTTT! So, are you ready to sign the petition to US Lacrosse?!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Kooper's keep creeping in here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Lacrosse should be “on age” in the youth level , just like soccer! And …many other sports! The way it is now is elitist
OMG WE KNOWWWWWWW[/quote

Does US Lacrosse have to power to do anything about it? Up to now I haven’t seen any sweeping changes that come from them. Just suggestions. Do you remember when they were pushing their development model where there was no contact until U12?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

OMG WE KNOWWWWWWW[/quote

USL lacrosse is run by Baltimore lacrosse people. They have or are friends with many private schools parents/players. Dont expect anything from USL.

Change will only come from youth clubs, which is an uphill climb

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed! Cannons 2026 is a great team. FO guy is solid. They will be a force in AAA, as HoCo 2026 will be. HoCo barely lost to TRW by 1 in tournament this summer. Say what you will. Cannons & HoCo 2026 will be standouts in AAA. Both strong teams with very strong coaching….. which at the end of the day, is the most important thing.
Strong teams in AA, not AAA. They may move up, but they will not be standouts unless they cut a bunch and reloaded with talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

OMG WE KNOWWWWWWW[/quote

USL lacrosse is run by Baltimore lacrosse people. They have or are friends with many private schools parents/players. Dont expect anything from USL.

Money talks! As it stands now, It benefits the people with money and influence in the LAX circles. The Prep school families. They don’t really care to see anything change

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little Johnny lose his spot to a reclass?? Lol. Get over it. Life’s not fair. Wait till little Johnny doesnt get hired because of DEI.

Little Johnny actually works hard and pushes himself. Your kid repeats grades so that he can have a soft landing at his dad's company when graduates at 25 years old after some one else did his papers for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

OMG WE KNOWWWWWWW[/quote

Money talks! As it stands now, It benefits the people with money and influence in the LAX circles. The Prep school families. They don’t really care to see anything change

So True. The schools that constantly talk about Character Education show little when it comes to this or other issues of this type.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if you’ve ever heard about something called coaching? Just moved my kid from Elite to AAA for the coach. I don’t care if you fly 10 kids (15 years old) .in to win games. I want my son to developable actually play. And I learned….. the coaching is #1. My son will develop more in AAA than playing Elite and fighting the team politics. So re-evaluate your coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if you’ve ever heard about something called coaching? Just moved my kid from Elite to AAA for the coach. I don’t care if you fly 10 kids (15 years old) .in to win games. I want my son to developable actually play. And I learned….. the coaching is #1. My son will develop more in AAA than playing Elite and fighting the team politics. So re-evaluate your coaching staff.
I hope you did your homework on the coach before you “moved” your kid down. AAA is worse than elite in many ways, not just talent level. And if you don’t think politics are front and center in AAA as well, you will be shook by game 2 of spring league. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Care to share which AAA team your son joined? If there is a AAA coach who is so good that players are choosing to move down a division in order to play for him, that would be great data to share on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you did your homework on the coach before you “moved” your kid down. AAA is worse than elite in many ways, not just talent level. And if you don’t think politics are front and center in AAA as well, you will be shook by game 2 of spring league. Good luck.

Not true.
More scare tactics and patting oneself on the back by the parents who are justifying the elite craziness. Lots of fantastic options at AAA and AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers is the place fir development!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. FCA and looneys falling. Koopers rising

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you made a good decision. I made a similar one with one of my sons a few years ago. Moved him down so he would be developed and actually play. It was the best decision we made. He got better, started in high school, and played in college. You can’t get better riding the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Koopers moving to elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the summer Koopers had hard to keep them from elite. Team is basically the future Gilman varsity team in 2 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the summer Koopers had hard to keep them from elite. Team is basically the future Gilman varsity team in 2 years
Never saw them at a tournament. Name the ones they played in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers is the place fir development!!

Please.. Predators is the new place to develop with first class coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. FCA and looneys falling. Koopers rising

Along with new team that is talk of town... Predators. For the long haul, I know who I would bet on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. With Koopers feeding Gilman and preds feeding St. Paul I really don’t see how other teams especially hawks and crabs stay viable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, Doesn’t bode well for Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you're delusional if you think those kids will be starting at Gilman as sophs...I know every kid on that squad and I don't see those kids contributing as sophs. And if they do, Gilman will be horrendous. There are a lot of Gilman kids in that class on 91, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall HoCo is hard to say, because I have no idea who is playing. I know of at least three elite teams not playing. As for spring, I would be willing to bet that just one team moves down from elite to AAA (NextLevel), and just one team moves up (Top Caliber). I expect that TRW Wolfpack would like to move up too, but there is probably only room for one, and TC nipped TRW by one goal in the AAA championship.

Next Level is not moving down to AAA

Not a whole lot of difference in AAA and AA. Good players and teams. Just no holdbacks. Cannons might have one of the best 2026 middies in any division.

TRW lost to AA Swarm in summer tourney, ouch.

Look for Koopers to make a late push in the next few years, and work their way up.

Thanks for making "other programs" relevant.

Tired of the Hawks, hawks, hawks, and what not taking up the whole board. Plenty of other talent and teams out there to discuss.[/quote]

You appear to be the only one bringing them up. Hawks dads have been quiet in here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you made a good decision. I made a similar one with one of my sons a few years ago. Moved him down so he would be developed and actually play. It was the best decision we made. He got better, started in high school, and played in college. You can’t get better riding the bench.

Good for him. My son jumped from AAA to Elite years ago and it has been the best thing for him. Better teammates, better coaching and no struggle to fill a roster out for game days. There is no one formula. Lots of different directions for the kids to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never saw them at a tournament. Name the ones they played in.

Same. I had to look on USCL. Hershey, Meltdown, Blue Hen and Summer Exposure. No wins all that impressive. You can look for yourself. Ranked 157.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for him. My son jumped from AAA to Elite years ago and it has been the best thing for him. Better teammates, better coaching and no struggle to fill a roster out for game days. There is no one formula. Lots of different directions for the kids to go.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only time Koopers were relevant when the Petro twins were there and they left for other clubs lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Obviously at this age there are no more parent coached teams. What makes for a good 8th grade coach coming in from outside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only time Koopers were relevant when the Petro twins were there and they left for other clubs lol

That was years ago. Predators will contribute to the down fall of Koopers. They were counting on StP players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Obviously at this age there are no more parent coached teams. What makes for a good 8th grade coach coming in from outside.

Guess you havent seen Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Or almost all of the AAA and AA teams!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

I thought that the Hawks model is to have a paid head coach and parent assistants, known as "daddy ball lite." Is the 2026 Hawks head coach a team parent too? I honestly don't know, but I am sure one of the Hawks parents on this Board can confirm one way or the other.

With that one possible exception, you will not see elite teams with parent coaches. It is more common at AAA and AA. But generally, the stronger the team, the less likely you are to see parent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough guy - new guy from California . New at 91 will be flying in this year then board locally next year. No affiliation with private schools just want my son to play for the club that has a strong track record of getting kids into top schools— high school and college. No one else compared to 91.

Flying in players is a BS move, kills team morale as well.

MM loves bringing in the TX kids too. But without practicing on the regular, team looks lost when they show up. Imagine being one of the kids who gets passed over for someone not really on the team. Hilarious stuff. Not a way to win or build comradery among the team.

Takes spots of hard working players already on the team. The 91 way.

But good luck bro.

“Not really on the team”
It sounds like his kid is “on the team” just like the other kids.
Your reply makes you sound like your kid’s spot might be threatened by an out of state player who doesn’t even have to be at practice to be able to take his place.
THAT’S hilarious stuff. And if the out of state kid helps the team win, it seems like that might help morale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you havent seen Hawks[/quote]

Comparing WSYL roster (of on-age boys) with the 2026 coaches on the webpage, these are father/son: #1 (Head Coach), #4 (Asst), #9 (Asst), #44 (Asst). Don't know if the Asst Head Coach has a son on team, but someone does!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough guy - new guy from California . New at 91 will be flying in this year then board locally next year. No affiliation with private schools just want my son to play for the club that has a strong track record of getting kids into top schools— high school and college. No one else compared to 91.

Flying in players is a BS move, kills team morale as well.

MM loves bringing in the TX kids too. But without practicing on the regular, team looks lost when they show up. Imagine being one of the kids who gets passed over for someone not really on the team. Hilarious stuff. Not a way to win or build comradery among the team.

Takes spots of hard working players already on the team. The 91 way.

But good luck bro.

“Not really on the team”
It sounds like his kid is “on the team” just like the other kids.
Your reply makes you sound like your kid’s spot might be threatened by an out of state player who doesn’t even have to be at practice to be able to take his place.
THAT’S hilarious stuff. And if the out of state kid helps the team win, it seems like that might help morale.

Or his reply could be spot on............

Like Reply Quote
Page 153 of 267 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard