BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 150 of 267 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just heard that Crabs picked up a 15 yr/old out of state FO that puts their old FO guy to shame on the line and on the field. True? If so that’s too bad because I thought their old guy was good but I’m hearing this guy is a huge upgrade.

I have no idea about his age but the kid will be the best FO at the 2026 level. Crabs will have the best 1/2 punch at X and with the other additions will be the team to beat in HOCO this year.
I just heard that Crabs picked up a 15 yr/old out of state FO that puts their old FO guy to shame on the line and on the field. True? If so that’s too bad because I thought their old guy was good but I’m hearing this guy is a huge upgrade.

I have no idea about his age but the kid will be the best FO at the 2026 level. Crabs will have the best 1/2 punch at X and with the other additions will be the team to beat in HOCO this year.

Big deal. A 15 year old high school kid playing against 13 year old middle schoolers. Parents must be proud
But they start turning 14 this fall, so that’s good.
Get over it if you want your kid playing varsity freshman year.

Predators has more freshman on varsity than the new Sheriff in town whose sorry that his son couldn't make their team with a holdback hitting the wall ... or someething like that.

Correct !!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks about to turn into True/3d etc.
well, it was a good run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks in turmoil now with Hogan selling out. Kids will start leaving.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...oganlax-expands-lacrosse-portfolio/58351

They have their roster and their coach. ... What turmoil? The institutional fade to mediocrity will take a few years. Other than Predators, they will still dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Investing in sports entertainment, divesting in actual people who coach and play sports for them. Sounds like Corrigan Sports Entertainment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators has more freshman on varsity than the new Sheriff in town whose sorry that his son couldn't make their team with a holdback hitting the wall ... or someething like that.
Whoever you are, you are funny.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Investing in sports entertainment, divesting in actual people who coach and play sports for them. Sounds like Corrigan Sports Entertainment.

It's also- If you've got money, we've got a spot for you- like True. How 3D went.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big deal. A 15 year old high school kid playing against 13 year old middle schoolers. Parents must be proud

Come on… 15 yrs old?!? Where does it end? All these holdback parents are stunads. You’ve got your kid playing against younger less developed players how does that make him better? If your kid is so awesome then have him play his peers. You and your kid are weak! And it shows how these clubs don’t care about true development. They screw over the kids playing at age by robbing them of playing time and they screw the holdbacks by having them play down so they aren’t as challenged. Get some perspective!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on… 15 yrs old?!? Where does it end? All these holdback parents are stunads. You’ve got your kid playing against younger less developed players how does that make him better? If your kid is so awesome then have him play his peers. You and your kid are weak! And it shows how these clubs don’t care about true development. They screw over the kids playing at age by robbing them of playing time and they screw the holdbacks by having them play down so they aren’t as challenged. Get some perspective!

Well put statement on why there needs to be an age based approach like soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t believe everything you read on this forum. Half these posts of parents who are bored and simply want to stir the pot. It’s embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no idea about his age but the kid will be the best FO at the 2026 level. Crabs will have the best 1/2 punch at X and with the other additions will be the team to beat in HOCO this year

Don’t believe everything you read on this forum. Half these posts of parents who are bored and simply want to stir the pot. It’s embarrassing.

Ok Nancy, Thanks for letting us know. Hope your feeling didnt get hurt.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Nancy, Thanks for letting us know. Hope your feeling didnt get hurt.

It appears you struck the nerve of a holdback dad. Or possibly of an on-age parent.

Either way, I've lost track.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PREACH. Can this go viral please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, great your 15 year old took a 13 year old to the cage - great job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREED!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators
Really
Excel
At
laCrosse!
the new sHeriff!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs have absolutely nothing to do with a kid and his parents making the decision to repeat a year of school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 are now eighth graders….. next year they will be freshman . Once in high school they will hopefully be playing against juniors and seniors so they might as well get use to playing against older players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AGREED!!!

Amen - when I was growing up, we had a word for boys whose parents arranged for them to play sports against younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs have absolutely nothing to do with a kid and his parents making the decision to repeat a year of school.
Bull💩. Crabs does everything they can to get their players to reclass. They go as far as to tell them if they don’t, they may need to find a new team. First hand knowledge so save your breath telling me they do not hold these conversations regularly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 are now eighth graders….. next year they will be freshman . Once in high school they will hopefully be playing against juniors and seniors so they might as well get use to playing against older players.

Weak sauce refrain from the holdback dads. If you really believe this then you would have held your kid back until high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bull💩. Crabs does everything they can to get their players to reclass. They go as far as to tell them if they don’t, they may need to find a new team. First hand knowledge so save your breath telling me they do not hold these conversations regularly.

Lol……son was cut due to lack of talent. Next excuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs doesn’t cut anyone due to lack of talent. Nor do they keep the best kids from tryouts. If they did, they would be better.

They keep the same 16 kids year over year and replace the bottom 4 with whoever the new assistant coach for each team brings with him.

Tryouts for the crabs is just a program fundraiser. Get 50-60 kids to show up and tell them all to pay $50 to tryout.

Pocket $2500-3k per team. Easy money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol…..Son still on the team. Point is clubs do have something to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most improved team: 91
Team on decline: Hawks
Most overrated: Crabs
Team that should be in AAA: Looneys

Hawks are in the tweener phase where the kids that have been on the team have maxed out and they will start pulling replacements who have been developed elsewhere,

Of course the too few will be amazing, but all of the soft underbelly will get exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my day if you were a standout you played up…. Not down. Here’s to the young ones out there playing with kids 2 -3 years older and still holding their own! Character building!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don’t call him Hold m Back Mac for no reason. He needs older, bigger players to overcome his lack of in game coaching skills. He does work you over in 8th grade to hold back while attending BL to do it. It is the culture of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol…..Son still on the team. Point is clubs do have
something to do with it.

How’s breakers look?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my day if you were a standout you played up…. Not down. Here’s to the young ones out there playing with kids 2 -3 years older and still holding their own! Character building!
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs do not direct players to reclassify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some absolutely do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools do.
And some schools do it more than others.
Those schools do have ties with lacrosse clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like high school for a youngster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some absolutely do.
Crabs does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Predator parents/coaches aren't saying squat. They will be a good program. But none of these teams expect to be elite or compete at elite. HoCO won't let them in their first year of existence anyway. That smack talk is just coming from someone trying to give them a bad reputation. It was funny at first, but getting kinda old now.

I'm more interested in the top AAA teams from last year and bottom Elites. Wonder where they are playing this fall and where the movement will be next spring?
HAHA...You said Predator parents and Predator Coaches...

Say what will about Predator parents and Predator coaches; but at least they drive slowly in school zones. Maybe its because of the new sheriffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Predator parents/coaches aren't saying squat. They will be a good program. But none of these teams expect to be elite or compete at elite. HoCO won't let them in their first year of existence anyway. That smack talk is just coming from someone trying to give them a bad reputation. It was funny at first, but getting kinda old now.

I'm more interested in the top AAA teams from last year and bottom Elites. Wonder where they are playing this fall and where the movement will be next spring?
HAHA...You said Predator parents and Predator Coaches...

Say what will about Predator parents and Predator coaches; but at least they drive slowly in school zones. Maybe its because of the new sheriffs.
This is getting boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting boring.
+1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said! Could not agree more! How bout teaching your kid about rising to the occasion instead of just beating the system! Side note…. Team and “status” is important to some, but I’m about the coaching and my kid improving and bonding with his teammates. That trumps everything in my opinion! What is my son going to remember….. I played for “this team” or…. I made so many great friends, I got so much better as a player and a parson. Food for thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually very interesting news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually very interesting news.
No it’s not. It’s typical news. Same sad story. Greed takes precedence over kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greed takes precedence over kids.

So the guy who has been coaching kids for 20+ years, earning a living yes, but donating a ton of time, and sells his company is "greedy?"

Gotcha.

He's worked hard to build a good product and sell that commodity. It's what every small business wants to do. Good for Hogan.

The kids will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
Page 150 of 267 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard