BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Re: Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

The issue is the brackets they are in many top coaches don’t even watch the lower brackets

As kids comitt they move kids up to get more looks. It happened with my daughters team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

Hearing there has been a lot of movement in the 2025s? Teams are going to look very different this year. Going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. It’s Any clubs game on LI now, at this age group!

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more[/quote

They a

Exactly!! My advice coming from having 3 lacrosse playing kids. Coming into this sport, we knew nothing. Seemed like fun and many friends were doing it. My kids were mediocre at best, but decent athletes. I learned that this sport is all about politics. HOWEVER, if your kid actually works hard. I mean everyday. Doesn't have to be with a trainer, but that definitely helps if you can't/won't help out yourself (most of the best players had/have a parent that pushes them and trains with them EVERY day). So, it's not really a big secret. It's about how hard your kid works. If your kid doesn't want to replace another girl sitting the bench, I recommend she put the hard work in now. She must PROVE in practice why she belongs on the field.

This is very true. Find a spot that works for you. Reading this makes me laugh. Sounds like jabronis Need a red cup party Funny they act like they are so good and are an A team but most don’t have guts to tryout for top guns knowing they couldn’t make it why CR keeps you away from
Tournaments we are in easier to say you can beat us instead of being able Easier to complain in anonymity B players B parents at least TG will play in top brackets through recruiting years

Very true YJ jabroni will be relegated to lower brackets in recruiting tournaments so you are better off being top gun or legacy instead of B or C team. Just go look at recent tournaments for 2023 and you’ll see.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

Hearing there has been a lot of movement in the 2025s? Teams are going to look very different this year. Going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. It’s Any clubs game on LI now, at this age group!

yja will be stronger too and still beats any other 2025 team by 5 goals easily probably more[/quote

Exactly!! My advice coming from having 3 lacrosse playing kids. Coming into this sport, we knew nothing. Seemed like fun and many friends were doing it. My kids were mediocre at best, but decent athletes. I learned that this sport is all about politics. HOWEVER, if your kid actually works hard. I mean everyday. Doesn't have to be with a trainer, but that definitely helps if you can't/won't help out yourself (most of the best players had/have a parent that pushes them and trains with them EVERY day). So, it's not really a big secret. It's about how hard your kid works. If your kid doesn't want to replace another girl sitting the bench, I recommend she put the hard work in now. She must PROVE in practice why she belongs on the field.

This is very true. Find a spot that works for you. Reading this makes me laugh. Sounds like jabronis Need a red cup party Funny they act like they are so good and are an A team but most don’t have guts to tryout for top guns knowing they couldn’t make it why CR keeps you away from
Tournaments we are in easier to say you can beat us instead of being able Easier to complain in anonymity B players B parents at least TG will play in top brackets through recruiting years

Very true YJ jabroni will be relegated to lower brackets in recruiting tournaments so you are better off being top gun or legacy instead of B or C team. Just go look at recent tournaments for 2023 and you’ll see.

Pretty interesting just went and looked and I see what your saying the top teams are playing each other while B teams are playing other B teams and I see how this would impact recruiting. Never thought to look at that just assumed It to be different thank you

They a

What a shame. Grass isn’t always greener. Who would think kids would leave one of the
Saw five girls from the B team getting ready to make the move to Spallina.
No surprise there. Goalie is next

They a

Pretty interesting just went and looked and I see what your saying the top teams are playing each other while B teams are playing other B teams and I see how this would impact recruiting. Never thought to look at that just assumed It to be different thank you

There are always a few Cases where a kid out plays their place on a team but more often than not kids are exectky where they belong Daughters good friend was on B team and went before bottom 10 on blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why she has not been around & the Dad has been demoted on the Dad Coaching Staff?

Maybe they're tired of being sheep?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has there even been a similar case in other age groups where no one wants to play for the top team because of the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.[/quote

They a

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

They a

What a shame. Grass isn’t always greener. Who would think kids would leave one of the

They a

There are always a few Cases where a kid out plays their place on a team but more often than not kids are exectky where they belong Daughters good friend was on B team and went before bottom 10 on blue[/quote]

Would guess prospect days could offset not being on the top team if they perform well.would think if they are On second team Big schools are unrealistic

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

The issue is the brackets they are in many top coaches don’t even watch the lower brackets

As kids comitt they move kids up to get more looks. It happened with my daughters team

Some of the Red cup parents better clean it up or it won’t matter Seen this ruin a few on my daughters 2018 class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

They a

They a

They a

There are always a few Cases where a kid out plays their place on a team but more often than not kids are exectky where they belong Daughters good friend was on B team and went before bottom 10 on blue[/quote]

Great point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"i heard all their top players have been placed on other Yj teams" IT IS NOT ACCURATE. It is completely erroneous.

They a

They a

They a

This is pretty much the final summer of “my team is better than yours” college coaches on the sideline next summer and the red cups stay in the car Then it’s about staying quiet and making sure your kid plays a lot our 2021 daughters team learned this the hard way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has there even been a similar case in other age groups where no one wants to play for the top team because of the coach

This is all the B parents trying to justify their kid not making the team and not being good enough “No one wants to play for him so I’m glad my daughter is on the B team “ lolol pathetic Truth is he’s the main reason to be there as long as he will be there which with his boys being at end of travel lacrosse it seems likely but really who cares either way pick a spot that works for your kid and accept they are a B player or an A player for a different club . Daughter plays on TG and it is so easy to see this is all the Jabroni parents saw it first hand at AS drunk in the parking lot in Delaware Read earlier claiming “TG hasn’t beaten any YJ teams “ hey at least we will be on top bracket in front of top schools while you will be relegated to the B fields. Crawl back under your rock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like panic from the A team to say that the B team won’t be recruited.
Stop it is not true!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the YJ website it is interesting to see how many D2,3 commitments there are. Many many more than I thought many people living in a dream world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They a

They a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to offer absolute fact to the contrary. Daughter played top team of top club. She kept 15-18 coaches in contact in the loop during recruiting. Sept 1st, all but one called. But all together had nearly 60 coaches called on Sept 1st, all saying they saw her play here, there etc…. I am nearly certain they just go to those games of top teams playing each other, looking for unspecified players. And CR markets her “teams”. But she also is a marketer of individual girls, and not always the better ones, ties and connections with her go a long way for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI - There was only 1 TG player on AS ( Red Team) but I'm sure you would know that.. Be happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to offer absolute fact to the contrary. Daughter played top team of top club. She kept 15-18 coaches in contact in the loop during recruiting. Sept 1st, all but one called. But all together had nearly 60 coaches called on Sept 1st, all saying they saw her play here, there etc…. I am nearly certain they just go to those games of top teams playing each other, looking for unspecified players. And CR markets her “teams”. But she also is a marketer of individual girls, and not always the better ones, ties and connections with her go a long way for your kid.

Have heard very similar which is why playing TG or legacy A is better than YJ B,C,D Look at the recent comitted lists and B kids aren’t going to very good places and to the contrary YJ teams across the board have been sub par

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have heard very similar which is why playing TG or legacy A is better than YJ B,C,D Look at the recent comitted lists and B kids aren’t going to very good places and to the contrary YJ teams across the board have been sub par

There may be a little bit of truth in that in upper grades, but for 2025, YJ has the top 3 teams on Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your coach isn't doing the work off the field through his network of coaches to help place your daughter it does not matter what bracket you are in.

Too funny. And when your team starts going 2-3 or 1-4 in the top bracket the noise will start about team not being good enough and then mutiny...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your coach isn't doing the work off the field through his network of coaches to help place your daughter it does not matter what bracket you are in.

Too funny. And when your team starts going 2-3 or 1-4 in the top bracket the noise will start about team not being good enough and then mutiny...

Nah no one cares anymore it’s all about getting recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, TOP GUNS is the best team now with all the new talent. SS is awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you keep losing wouldn't you then be relegated to a lower bracket based on how your team performs as the season moves on? YJ 3 teams finished in the top 20. Seems like they eventually wind up meeting as they advance, no? The majority of the coaches for the top 20 college teams show up for the all star games and pluck who they want... Maybe the D3's are roaming the fields for opening day... All new to me. A lot of theories and self proclaimed experts on here telling everyone how it is...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There may be a little bit of truth in that in upper grades, but for 2025, YJ has the top 3 teams on Long Island

That's a bit aggressive. I'll give you 1-2, but Lomo lost the bridesmaid pillow fight badly and is probably 5th/6th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax newbie mom. Go put on your TG shirt and watch your girl benched as you spend weekend a fret weekend away from your home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it's better to be on TG A which loses to YJC? or is it better to be on Legacy A which does not leave LI or play any top teams? This doesn't seem to make sense to us but we're new to the sport and trying to learn. To us as long as your kid is happy and getting playing time it will work its way out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! Why would anyone want to be B or C player on YJ when they can be A players on other teams. Even the A players snub their noses at the B and C players, many of which are better than the A players but stuck due to f&f plan. Take the 2023 YJs for example. Mass exodus of B players after they beat the “A” team and got sick of the garbage. They went to TG and Legacy and help build those programs into powerhouses. Watch wear those girls commit to college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
post tryout rankings

1. Spalina
2. Top Guns
3. Lomo
4. Legacy
5. Janelli

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it's better to be on TG A which loses to YJC? or is it better to be on Legacy A which does not leave LI or play any top teams? This doesn't seem to make sense to us but we're new to the sport and trying to learn. To us as long as your kid is happy and getting playing time it will work its way out

You've got the lingo down pretty well for a noob. Come on phantom dad, we all know it's you... How does your daughter look in her new purple uniform coach Blue wants to know???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
post tryout rankings

1. Spalina
2. Top Guns
3. Lomo
4. Legacy
5. Janelli

Are you going to reissue these after YJ tryouts actually occur this weekend, or do you already know who CR is picking up and where she's placing them? If so, please share amazing creskin...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a bit aggressive. I'll give you 1-2, but Lomo lost the bridesmaid pillow fight badly and is probably 5th/6th

Just go where your kid is happy and try not to ruin it for her it’s all that matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like wishful thinking from a new transfer parent hoping they don’t regret their decision of moving their daughter over to TG. How could you say they are now the best when you haven’t even played any games yet? With the addition of those 5 mediocre yj players, my guess is TG will be slightly better then they were before but no chance of beating the top MD, Heroes or YJ teams. Time will tell. Would love to see those match ups to put to rest these silly comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were the top players on a top team. We would of had more join us but UA got in in the way. Others were looking to break out so you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like wishful thinking from a new transfer parent hoping they don’t regret their decision of moving their daughter over to TG. How could you say they are now the best when you haven’t even played any games yet? With the addition of those 5 mediocre yj players, my guess is TG will be slightly better then they were before but no chance of beating the top MD, Heroes or YJ teams. Time will tell. Would love to see those match ups to put to rest these silly comments.

Sounds like your a little nervous! Won’t be the first time YJ girls went to TG and made them the the top team on the Island. Much changes at this age. You should settle down and let the girls play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s August entering 9th grade let it play out at least til October my teams better run your team round and round

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

There

1 YJ Blue still far and away the best lost 3/4 off bottom of roster not one of their top kids and I’m sure with tryouts they will fill holes
2. YJ B still clearly second best will be interesting to see who they lose to TG or YJ A solid team
This is where it gets interesting
3. TG good team YJ B is 3/5 goals better right now. Adding a few of the lower players from YJ will help a bit but not enough to hop into the 2 spot
4. YJ C solid team competes w top teams but not a team that can beat those top teams Good enough to knock off a TG or YJ B especially with best goalie
5. Legacy. Up and coming team that has improved this past year not able to compete with the top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

There

1 YJ Blue still far and away the best lost 3/4 off bottom of roster not one of their top kids and I’m sure with tryouts they will fill holes
2. YJ B still clearly second best will be interesting to see who they lose to TG or YJ A solid team
3. TG good team YJ B is 3/5 goals better right now. Adding a few of the lower players from YJ will help a bit but not enough to hop into the 2 spot
4. YJ C solid team competes w top teams but not a team that can beat those top teams Good enough to knock off a TG or YJ B especially with best goalie
5. Legacy. Up and coming team that has improved this past year not able to compete with the top

You are making observations from last years teams. Many girls are moving around in this age bracket trying to find the best situation on a team before recruitment years come. Some of those YJ teams lost 4/5 decent players each. YJC team will def. not be the same. It will prob. Be the definite “C” now for sure. Some of their best left. It takes way more than a good goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There

Legacy 2025 is getting the BBP head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Henri 1, CR 0

Nasty bull dodge at the top of the PAL 8m stops CR cold.... For now

My money is still on the Queen bee, she's a nasty finisher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There

That’s great if you want equal playing time and don’t care if he puts out girls who can’t catch the ball in close games. Hi d rather my daughter be on a team where playing time is earned and the coach actually plays to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great if you want equal playing time and don’t care if he puts out girls who can’t catch the ball in close games. Hi d rather my daughter be on a team where playing time is earned and the coach actually plays to win.

Maybe you don't understand that almost all HS level tournaments are showcases format where you are supposed to have equal PT to _show_ players to college coaches. Wins and losses mean next to nothing as long as you can still play in the top bracket. Girls have to be seen to get recruited and that is the job of a club coach. So yes, the guy is doing the right thing by his players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you don't understand that almost all HS level tournaments are showcases format where you are supposed to have equal PT to _show_ players to college coaches. Wins and losses mean next to nothing as long as you can still play in the top bracket. Girls have to be seen to get recruited and that is the job of a club coach. So yes, the guy is doing the right thing by his players.

A little bit too early for this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Galvin will take the C crown now.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard