BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,041
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 53 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And beware the coaches kids.... if the team has a coach's kid on it that plays the same position as your kid your gonna have issues. NO way around it. I know a few teams that adhere to the Daddy or Mommy Ball theory

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trying out for teams can never hurt. 100,150 bucks, a couple days of lacrosse. That’s not bad. When you make a team(everybody makes a team that wants to pay) this is more complicated. This is a big financial and time consuming thing for a family. My advice is ask questions to people who are currently on the team. Is the coach great? Is he committed? Does your kid actually get better from his practices? Does he care about all the kids or just the few people in the political loop? Do they practice all winter? Lots of these teams have 10 midfielders, 8 attack, 8 defense, 2 goalies, 1 or 2 fogos. The games are running time 40 to 45 minutes. How is play time allocated? It’s 29 tuitions being paid. I’m sure a good portion of the 29 parents feel like they are being screwed. So like I said ask questions. Good luck.

This is very good advice.

No team needs 8 attack. You need 4 or maybe 5 max. On a good team, your three starters aren't coming off the field.

You can never have enough middies though!

Spoken like the parent of an attackman - you can definitely have too many middies!!

My son is actually a pole but I'll stick with "you can't have too many middies" because you need at least three lines. Especially in the middle of summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the pandemic hit and shut down lacrosse, most clubs did not refund the money. Instead they pieced together practices and scrimmages best they could so they could justify hanging on to the tuition. I get it. But the biggest thing they did was inflate their rosters to almost 30 kids per team at the top tier programs. Now that is here to stay. If you go back and review the original missions of these clubs you'll see 20 to 22 players per grade, only 1 team, develop all players, blah blah blah. Now you'll hear how intense practices are with 30 kids, everyone makes everyone better, awesome practice players. Than you're asked to drive to MD or DE on Friday and watch 6 hours of lacrosse only to have your practice player see a few minutes in garbage time. If you have the time and money to burn, great, but you're just paying for a name. No youth lacrosse team needs or deserves to have 30 kids paying full tuition just to pay for the name (or owners ego). Ultimately it's up to you but don't be fooled. A kid not seeing the field on those teams can play most other places. Oh and I agree, if the coach has a son on the team it's a recipe for disaster. When will parent coaches realize it's not better for your kid to be his coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do? Explain that to the coaches. They run the same 3/4 mids til they drop. And they aint "Studs" when their fresh so you can only imagine the outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never happened…NO Racist Comments were made. I was there and witnessed the entire incident and it’s all the usual WOKE FAKE NEWS! Express came late to the banquet because their games ran late, the Iroquois Parents and some players were sitting at their reserved table. The mom in question very politely went up to one of the Iroquois moms and pointed out that they were at Express’ reserved table and asked if they could please move to their table so the boys could take their seats and eat their dinner. With that, she was told NO, we were here first and it’s too bad…the Express mom then said, but you don’t belong at this table, this is Express’ reserved table, the boys need to be seated to eat their dinner. The Iroquois mon proceeded to curse her out in front of all the kids yelling that she said we don’t belong here!!! The Express mom then said how trashy are you to be screaming and cursing in front of all these children and then the Iroquois mom began to yell louder calling the Express mom a “Racist Karen” and saying that she said “we don’t belong here and the Iroquois People are trash!” From my view it was very clear that she NEVER insulted the Iroquois Nation as a people and this was blown completely out of proportion like most things on Social Media.

Won't be believed on this forum but I was nearby and while I don't recall exact words there was definitely nothing racist said by either person. There was certainly a small confrontation about who I now know was Iroquois team at the Express table. I was close enough to say with confidence there was certainly zero racism involved and seemed merely about seating a team.
These statements would be especially helpful if they weren't made from anonymous witnesses from LIE "we don't belong here" - we can see where misperceptions might have occurred.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do? Explain that to the coaches. They run the same 3/4 mids til they drop. And they aint "Studs" when their fresh so you can only imagine the outcome.

2 lines of middies works... no need for more than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never happened…NO Racist Comments were made. I was there and witnessed the entire incident and it’s all the usual WOKE FAKE NEWS! Express came late to the banquet because their games ran late, the Iroquois Parents and some players were sitting at their reserved table. The mom in question very politely went up to one of the Iroquois moms and pointed out that they were at Express’ reserved table and asked if they could please move to their table so the boys could take their seats and eat their dinner. With that, she was told NO, we were here first and it’s too bad…the Express mom then said, but you don’t belong at this table, this is Express’ reserved table, the boys need to be seated to eat their dinner. The Iroquois mon proceeded to curse her out in front of all the kids yelling that she said we don’t belong here!!! The Express mom then said how trashy are you to be screaming and cursing in front of all these children and then the Iroquois mom began to yell louder calling the Express mom a “Racist Karen” and saying that she said “we don’t belong here and the Iroquois People are trash!” From my view it was very clear that she NEVER insulted the Iroquois Nation as a people and this was blown completely out of proportion like most things on Social Media.

Won't be believed on this forum but I was nearby and while I don't recall exact words there was definitely nothing racist said by either person. There was certainly a small confrontation about who I now know was Iroquois team at the Express table. I was close enough to say with confidence there was certainly zero racism involved and seemed merely about seating a team.
These statements would be especially helpful if they weren't made from anonymous witnesses from LIE "we don't belong here" - we can see where misperceptions might have occurred.

Well, on the flip side, the Express Karen, could have approached someone overseeing the event, informed that person of the circumstances to avoid any misconceptions. But, being the person she is "The Entitled Karen" she elected to take matters into her own hands. Typical!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, on the flip side, the Express Karen, could have approached someone overseeing the event, informed that person of the circumstances to avoid any misconceptions. But, being the person she is "The Entitled Karen" she elected to take matters into her own hands. Typical!

I believe it's how the person the comment was directed towards perceived it. I'm sure you are not a person of color.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe it's how the person the comment was directed towards perceived it. I'm sure you are not a person of color.

I'm sure she will keep her mouth shut from now on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to believe that this was all a HUGE misunderstanding. That said, we all can do much better to bring inclusion awareness, to all things, in a positive way. Anchoring on this incident (which could have been a misunderstanding) and dragging a person, club, event, and lax community down in the process is not it! Stop this insanity, we can do better. Feeling sad for all of us.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at the event and I couldn’t even get someone to tell me where the water was, much less help out about a table dispute. The banquet was way over-sold and there wasn’t enough seating. Any of the teams who made it to quarter-finals were all late and found their designated team tables occupied by parents from other teams. My own son had to stand and hold his food while he waited for the people who had sat themselves at his team table to finish and leave. It was a mess.

I have no idea what actually happened between Express mom and the Iroquois parents, but I can say the banquet was a mess and it’s a shame that parents would sit at tables designated for the players of other teams and then refuse to move when the boys arrived.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Express Karen completely understood what she was doing, until Iroquois's mom took offense to the words and tone, those words were delivered. And I can bet dollars to doughnuts this wasn't the first incident like this she had with a person of color. Ask yourself Express Karen; did you really have to say what you said and what you said at that time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the "banquet was a mess?" So that gives Express Karen the privilege to insult the Iroquois in front of a banquet so sitting at a table with family? That was a mess. Sounds like Express Karen added to the mess. Before she came along, all was going smooth...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone is wrong about what happened with Karen and the Iroquois Nationals team, why hasn't Express addressed it?THEIR SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People don't you realize. The more you try to justify the mishap of an irresponsible adult, the worst you sound.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If everyone is wrong about what happened with Karen and the Iroquois Nationals team, why hasn't Express addressed it?THEIR SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Because they are not smart enough to get ahead of the story.

"Long weekend, and a lapse of judgment. If I offended anyone, although it wasn't intentional, please accept my apology."
End of story, move on. But since some are entitled, an apology is not a part of their vocabulary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. WSYL made a statement and look at the response there. Foregone conclusion. Why don’t you just tell the truth, you’re not biased at all and it will never be enough for you. You’re out for blood. This has become a witch hunt. Be better by building a bridge instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Annoy.

Because they are not smart enough to get ahead of the story.

"Long weekend, and a lapse of judgment. If I offended anyone, although it wasn't intentional, please accept my apology."
End of story, move on. But since some are entitled, an apology is not a part of their vocabulary.

Long weekend, and a lapse of judgment. If I offended anyone, although it wasn't intentional, please accept my apology.
Karen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boys 2025 Rankings

Last Updated: Jul 15, 2021

1 Team 91 Maryland Fire (2025)

2 Laxachusetts Black (2025)

3 3d New England Red (2025)

4 Team 91 LI Shock (2025)

5 Eclipse Towers (2025)

6 Madlax Nationals (2025)

7 BBL Elite Black (2025)

8 Annapolis Hawks Green (2025)

9 Big 4 HHH (2025)

10 Next Level Blue (2025)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. WSYL made a statement and look at the response there. Foregone conclusion. Why don’t you just tell the truth, you’re not biased at all and it will never be enough for you. You’re out for blood. This has become a witch hunt. Be better by building a bridge instead.

So, you don't think LIE needs to address anything? 👏 👏 👏

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what's kind of funny... I've been insulted by, cursed at, I think spit at and maybe even some other worse things by women and men from Long Island... and you know what, don't really care. Just kind of accepted it as standard operating procedure.

Who we got for NLF?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Karen was out for blood when she found Iroquois resting from a long day at her table. After a few cocktails, her true colors came to the surface. The bridge was the table the Iroquois were resting at and Express Karen came along and blew it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on LIE. Express Karen should have spoken to someone in charge or said nothing to the folks sitting at the table. But elected to open her big mouth. This wasn't a 50k black-tie fundraiser event. Fast food service with a bunch of screaming kids, she should have known better. What an embarrassment! I couldn't wait to leave with my family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on LIE. Express Karen should have spoken to someone in charge or said nothing to the folks sitting at the table. But elected to open her big mouth. This wasn't a 50k black-tie fundraiser event. Fast food service with a bunch of screaming kids, she should have known better. What an embarrassment! I couldn't wait to leave with my family.

Did you see it happen? or hear about it from your son? I would really like to hear from someone who witnessed the event.

I was across the room and could hear the arguing while Jake was trying to quiet the crowd, but couldn’t hear what was actually going on.

Does Express plan to address this incident? If it’s as bad as it’s been made out to be they definitely need to issue an apology on behalf of their club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't LIE saying anything? It's disgusting that they haven't even acknowledged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we still talking about this? Bad decision by Exp Mom, overhyped on social media, and the sites like this keep it alive. Move on: 91 won, there was an altercation, you all got fleeced. Buy your muscle milk, shop at 5 below and close your mouths already.

Lets talk about all the other flaws people saw there: Yelling coaches, older kids, a 2 hr rain delay after 1 hr of good weather & then cxl'ing the entire day, $60 for an all you can eat buffet, no masks for anyone, anything else ? Geez

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Karen was out for blood when she found Iroquois resting from a long day at her table. After a few cocktails, her true colors came to the surface. The bridge was the table the Iroquois were resting at and Express Karen came along and blew it up.

All parties being hosed by the event. Buncha kids with no where to sit. Just have the kids share the seats best you can. Parents stand its for the kids. I don't think any parent would object to kids sharing the kids definitely don't care. Lacrosse is known for opponents having friendly conversations and knowing each other for years. Attack and Defense especially. Demanding someones kids stand so yours can sit would lax any parent off. Especially if taken in consideration of the historical treatment of Native Americans. Me first Long Island attitude blew it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They eere robbed of their land, their lax now their dinner table. Way to go LI parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All parties being hosed by the event. Buncha kids with no where to sit. Just have the kids share the seats best you can. Parents stand its for the kids. I don't think any parent would object to kids sharing the kids definitely don't care. Lacrosse is known for opponents having friendly conversations and knowing each other for years. Attack and Defense especially. Demanding someones kids stand so yours can sit would lax any parent off. Especially if taken in consideration of the historical treatment of Native Americans. Me first Long Island attitude blew it.

Just curious, were there assigned seats / tables for all of the teams? Can someone who was in attendance please respond?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes 40 tables for 4000 people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, were there assigned seats / tables for all of the teams? Can someone who was in attendance please respond?

Each team had an assigned table for players only. Parents did not have assigned tables. There were far more people at the event than seats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sort of like roster spots on these teams...11 kids play...carry 40 kids...Cha Ching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has the easiest schedule at plc. Why, TZ makes it.,should want to challenge kids. I guess making playoff more important, which they will get smoked in. Weak weak organization . Stay away from legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a poorly run evening. Each kid on the roster did not have to purchase a ticket, but any additional family members had to purchase a ticket for $60. They had a single table (10 seats) for each team even though the rosters were 25. The kids played close to 5 games during the day in the heat, then had to rush back to their hotels to get dressed up for the event and get there for team photos. The kids and parents were exhausted and hungry when they finally got there. Parents, family members and more than 1/2 of each team had nowhere to sit. The planning was poor on the part of the WS. It is no surprise that people were frustrated.

Next year they should just host the banquet only for the players. But that will not happen. My family and I paid $180 to eat on the stairs. The banquet was a nice idea, but not what expected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the lady. Enough with the dinner. Enough with where people had to eat. We understand it was ran poorly. We get it after hearing it for more than 2 weeks now. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the lady. Enough with the dinner. Enough with where people had to eat. We understand it was ran poorly. We get it after hearing it for more than 2 weeks now. Move on.

Ok, Karen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think any parent objected to kids sharing tables. I think the issue was parents who had seated themselves at the players tables and then refused to move when the kids showed up.

I can’t imagine why any parent would think they were entitled to a spot at another team’s table while that team’s players stood with their food watching them eat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bad dinner, bad set up, tables too crowded, not enough seats, I ate on a staircase, food wasn’t good, I left hungry, there was no ice for my soda, the steak fries were cold, there wasn’t enough napkins. Let’s continue this conversation until August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shock not #1 anymore. Shows the WSYL is not a real test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think any parent objected to kids sharing tables. I think the issue was parents who had seated themselves at the players tables and then refused to move when the kids showed up.

I can’t imagine why any parent would think they were entitled to a spot at another team’s table while that team’s players stood with their food watching them eat.

Lots of people feel they are entitled today. Especially people who have relatives that were wronged in the past. Time to make up for the wrongs to the present folks who did nothing.

Page 48 of 53 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard