BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2025 is not a recruiting year

My daughter is a 23.

Then why are you commenting on a 25 forum? We are discussing 25 things, not 23. 🥴

I think they are replying to the absurd notion that a team that goes 1-3 in a G8 tournament is all of a sudden not going to get any recruiting attention.

Let's not even mention this is a 2025 team.

Some of you here are very warped.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God bless the new head coach for the MDU East team then! He will definitely have his work cut out for him to turn this sinking ship around! And a piece of advise, don’t discuss anything with your parents. Some in particular don’t know how to keep quiet and lie on other families to make themselves look good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear MDU parent who felt the need to air the teams dirty laundry. Not sure why it’s anyone’s business as to why people leave clubs. People should really know the facts before they tell bold face lies about other families. This is probably the parent of the kid who was mentioned earlier as thinking they are the whole team. A new coach will not help unless you learn to work as team and not ball hog, cause turnovers, and stink at the draws. The poor LBC girl wasn’t given the opportunity to do the draws and if she had the same amount of time as your kid or anyone for that matter, it would have gotten better and not worse.

Not sure why the MDU parent felt the need to raise their hand like they're in class 👋👋👋👋 to volunteer all sorts of details. They seem to have very intricate knowledge about this team. Regardless if the information is true or not. Were they there when these events took place? Do they have first-hand knowledge about every player that left? The common theme on this thread is that the problem is that family/player mentioned above. The only way that will change is with coaching. Sounds like that family probably wanted those girls to leave so their kid could get more playing time. Might want to let them know M&D and Hero's tryouts are happening now.

Really? That's your takeaway? LOL.

Sounds more like a club director actually backs her coach up and won't tolerate abusive parents despite the talent of the daughter. IT would be nice if all clubs took this approach.

If anything, there are a few spots now available on the currently ranked 19th national team. If anything, you should be looking at getting your kid to that tryout. Granted if you think your kid can get PT at Hero's Green or M&D, by all mind, go to those tryouts too.

My takeaway??

Trying to make yourself/daughter the star of the team while acting like you know everything about everything...sounds pretty accurate.

Club director does back up her coaches which is one thing we agree on.

By saying there are spots available on the 19th ranked national team doesn't exactly sound like an advertisement for MDU. I doubt you'll take your daughter to Hero's Green or M&D Black tryouts because because they could care less who you are and they have two teams of parents just like you. Maybe you already tried that and it didn't work out.

I don't even have a 2025 kid. There's literally 3 clubs ranked higher in the state than MDU 25, so yeah, sounds like a pretty good place to get your kid involved with.

Why do you have an ax to grind?

Sure you don’t! 😉😉

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 23.

Then why are you commenting on a 25 forum? We are discussing 25 things, not 23. 🥴

Heard about people bashing MDU recruiting on this page. I'm stating my experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God bless the new head coach for the MDU East team then! He will definitely have his work cut out for him to turn this sinking ship around! And a piece of advise, don’t discuss anything with your parents. Some in particular don’t know how to keep quiet and lie on other families to make themselves look good!

Yeah, good luck at Integrity/ CCLax tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 23.

Heard about people bashing MDU recruiting on this page. I'm stating my experience.

If your 23 isn't hearing from coaches something is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 23.

I think they are replying to the absurd notion that a team that goes 1-3 in a G8 tournament is all of a sudden not going to get any recruiting attention.

Let's not even mention this is a 2025 team.

Some of you here are very warped.

Look in the mirror!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear MDU parent who felt the need to air the teams dirty laundry. Not sure why it’s anyone’s business as to why people leave clubs. People should really know the facts before they tell bold face lies about other families. This is probably the parent of the kid who was mentioned earlier as thinking they are the whole team. A new coach will not help unless you learn to work as team and not ball hog, cause turnovers, and stink at the draws. The poor LBC girl wasn’t given the opportunity to do the draws and if she had the same amount of time as your kid or anyone for that matter, it would have gotten better and not worse.

Not sure why the MDU parent felt the need to raise their hand like they're in class 👋👋👋👋 to volunteer all sorts of details. They seem to have very intricate knowledge about this team. Regardless if the information is true or not. Were they there when these events took place? Do they have first-hand knowledge about every player that left? The common theme on this thread is that the problem is that family/player mentioned above. The only way that will change is with coaching. Sounds like that family probably wanted those girls to leave so their kid could get more playing time. Might want to let them know M&D and Hero's tryouts are happening now.

Really? That's your takeaway? LOL.

Sounds more like a club director actually backs her coach up and won't tolerate abusive parents despite the talent of the daughter. IT would be nice if all clubs took this approach.

If anything, there are a few spots now available on the currently ranked 19th national team. If anything, you should be looking at getting your kid to that tryout. Granted if you think your kid can get PT at Hero's Green or M&D, by all mind, go to those tryouts too.

My takeaway??

Trying to make yourself/daughter the star of the team while acting like you know everything about everything...sounds pretty accurate.

Club director does back up her coaches which is one thing we agree on.

By saying there are spots available on the 19th ranked national team doesn't exactly sound like an advertisement for MDU. I doubt you'll take your daughter to Hero's Green or M&D Black tryouts because because they could care less who you are and they have two teams of parents just like you. Maybe you already tried that and it didn't work out.

I don't even have a 2025 kid. There's literally 3 clubs ranked higher in the state than MDU 25, so yeah, sounds like a pretty good place to get your kid involved with.

Why do you have an ax to grind?

Sure you don’t! 😉😉

No ax to grind. Just responding to the initial post that put out false information about families who probably aren't aware of this forum. Unless you are a coach on that team you would not know the details about every player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 23.

They would only be hearing from D2 & D3 at this point (or Navy & Army)...so why make the comment "if your 23 isn't hearing from coaches something is wrong??? D1 can not talk to them until Sept 1st.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a 23.

They would only be hearing from D2 & D3 at this point (or Navy & Army)...so why make the comment "if your 23 isn't hearing from coaches something is wrong??? D1 can not talk to them until Sept 1st.

Not directly but they should be expressing interest to your club coach who should be forwarding this information to you. As was said, if you haven't been hearing from coaches it's not a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above statement is NOT true at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's 100% true. Plenty of coaches are reaching out to club coaches/directors and expressing interest in girls. Have been for a while now. Like I said, if you haven't heard from your coach/club director that certain schools have expressed "general interest" in your daughter then either none have or your coach is not doing their job and informing you. Been through this with a 2021 and now a 2023 and this has been the case both times prior to 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just get through tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will we see a lot of movement? Pre Covid not much movement at 9th grade. Is this the new norm going forward? Maybe a club should lead the way with blunt honesty and rank their own position players by rank. Are you the last defender or middle? Just tell each girl their rank and not the whole list. This would give girls/ families reassurance or the impetus to tryout elsewhere. My prediction is that tryouts will really benefit M&D, sneaky going first. Huge advantage. At this age player base in the area knows a lot about each other and teams. Coppermine, Hoco, Integrity, MC elite, MD united, and even Redshirts should be getting in on trying to get players from the big 3 especially from their b teams where there is some talent. Time will tell. Default would be status quo big 3 accumulate even more talent. That next tier of clubs should give it a shot and not go quitely into the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This whole MDU exchange back and forth has been riddled with lies from the beginning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will we see a lot of movement? Pre Covid not much movement at 9th grade. Is this the new norm going forward? Maybe a club should lead the way with blunt honesty and rank their own position players by rank. Are you the last defender or middle? Just tell each girl their rank and not the whole list. This would give girls/ families reassurance or the impetus to tryout elsewhere. My prediction is that tryouts will really benefit M&D, sneaky going first. Huge advantage. At this age player base in the area knows a lot about each other and teams. Coppermine, Hoco, Integrity, MC elite, MD united, and even Redshirts should be getting in on trying to get players from the big 3 especially from their b teams where there is some talent. Time will tell. Default would be status quo big 3 accumulate even more talent. That next tier of clubs should give it a shot and not go quitely into the fall.

M&D definitely has an advantage. Girls have to commit before Hero's even have their tryouts. If clubs have tryouts on Saturday and are playing in the Mid Atlantic they miss out on those tryouts too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You too!

Remember….no one’s spot is guaranteed so don’t get too ahead of yourself!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count on any help from your CLUB other than the Coach/Director reaching out to tell you that a college is interested. You and your daughter should take responsibility for her recruitment. Review/check her emails to coaches/colleges for any errors, get her video out, etc... Your CLUB won't get your daughter recruited your daughter's talent will !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two girls did not leave the team before moving- fact
The one girl who left months ago was due to personal issues and shouldn’t even be on here.- fact
The two dads got their daughters kicked off- one girl was visibly upset.- fact.
No parent- no matter what should go up to a team of girls and call them losers and tell them that they stink— pretty sure that gets you kicked off a team— don’t need to be a coach that is privileged to that information to know that— just common knowledge.
Or berating a coach in the parking lot- fact.
The club and the girls held their heads up high and finished out their season with grit and composure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one girl who left months ago was due to personal issues and shouldn’t even be on here.- fact
No parent- no matter what should go up to a team of girls and call them losers and tell them that they stink— pretty sure that gets you kicked off a team— don’t need to be a coach that is privileged to that information to know that— just common knowledge.
The club and the girls held their heads up high and finished out their season with grit and composure.

Still more inaccurate information. Still don’t know why people feel the need to speak on things they know nothing about.

Are you the director? - No
Are you a coach? - No

You don’t know squat and should mind your business and keep your “opinions” to yourself.

Not sure what you were looking at to finish their season. You reap what you sow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't count on any help from your CLUB other than the Coach/Director reaching out to tell you that a college is interested. You and your daughter should take responsibility for her recruitment. Review/check her emails to coaches/colleges for any errors, get her video out, etc... Your CLUB won't get your daughter recruited your daughter's talent will !

Completely agree and my daughter has done exactly that. However club recruiting director/owner/coach and high school coach (especially in IAAM) relationships and advocating for recruits does make a huge difference. College coaches do reach out to their trusted club and high school contacts for recommendations. BA at MDU did make promises to some 22’s and she didn’t follow through with them. Absolute fact and what is so disappointing. She should’ve just let those players move on instead of making empty promises. Don’t ever trust her. I ish I had trusted my gut a year ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree and my daughter has done exactly that. However club recruiting director/owner/coach and high school coach (especially in IAAM) relationships and advocating for recruits does make a huge difference. College coaches do reach out to their trusted club and high school contacts for recommendations. BA at MDU did make promises to some 22’s and she didn’t follow through with them. Absolute fact and what is so disappointing. She should’ve just let those players move on instead of making empty promises. Don’t ever trust her. I ish I had trusted my gut a year ago.

Listen, if your daughter is a MDU 2022, she's on a top-10 nationally ranked team (assuming A team).
The club director has years of experience and has facilitated scholarships to a large percent of roster each year. If she is on B, then yes, you should be shopping around to try to get her in the best possible position.

I'm not sure what "promises" you refer to, but ifs anything other than "she will get a chance to earn PT" then that's on you, because that's the only thing you can ask for.

Yes, not every director/club coach/HS coach is advocating the same for all the girls, if they did, they would lose all credibility with college coaches. Maybe expectations are not realistic? Maybe grades aren't up to snuff? Maybe its off the field issues?

I guess its just easier to bash others on a message board anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel like you can probably figure out where your kid is in the pecking order over the course of the season.

I could probably rank all the girls 1-22 and get darn close to what the coaches think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, if your daughter is a MDU 2022, she's on a top-10 nationally ranked team (assuming A team).
The club director has years of experience and has facilitated scholarships to a large percent of roster each year. If she is on B, then yes, you should be shopping around to try to get her in the best possible position.

I'm not sure what "promises" you refer to, but ifs anything other than "she will get a chance to earn PT" then that's on you, because that's the only thing you can ask for.

Yes, not every director/club coach/HS coach is advocating the same for all the girls, if they did, they would lose all credibility with college coaches. Maybe expectations are not realistic? Maybe grades aren't up to snuff? Maybe its off the field issues?

MDU 2022 is far from a top 10 team. Maybe top 50.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU 2022 is far from a top 10 team. Maybe top 50.

https://USCL.com/rank?y=2020&alpha=N&v=2022

Just going off this ranking. You can call it garbage I guess, but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still more inaccurate information. Still don’t know why people feel the need to speak on things they know nothing about.

Are you a coach? - No

You don’t know squat and should mind your business and keep your “opinions” to yourself.

Not sure what you were looking at to finish their season. You reap what you sow.

This entire thread started with one MDU calling another MDU parent a profanity which has since been removed by the moderator. Then proceeded to identify every girl that left the team to a point where most clubs in the area know exactly who they are. Every comment that was made about each girl did not exactly paint a pretty picture of that child. These of course are that parents opinion not necessarily the truth. Why would another parent feel the need to do that? How would you feel if somebody put your daughter on blast? The question is once again were you there for every event, parent meeting, text, phone call that took place with coaches when each child left the team? Yes, these are children in case you forgot. Hopefully MDU has a good show for tryouts and can finally find a draw girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you a coach? - No

This entire thread started with one MDU calling another MDU parent a profanity which has since been removed by the moderator. Then proceeded to identify every girl that left the team to a point where most clubs in the area know exactly who they are. Every comment that was made about each girl did not exactly paint a pretty picture of that child. These of course are that parents opinion not necessarily the truth. Why would another parent feel the need to do that? How would you feel if somebody put your daughter on blast? The question is once again were you there for every event, parent meeting, text, phone call that took place with coaches when each child left the team? Yes, these are children in case you forgot. Hopefully MDU has a good show for tryouts and can finally find a draw girl.

What about the draw girl they already have but don’t utilize?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you a coach? - No

Now that's a thought!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am pretty sure if she was any good at the draw they would have been using her. Some girls peak early and don't put in the work to stay on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you a coach? - No

Now that's a thought!

Agreed….focus on finding a new draw girl to give your team a fighting chance. The one that does it all the time now hasn’t improved at all during the entire season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one that did it all the time had an agreement with the coaches to be the main draw girl even though the percentages were awful and consistently turning the ball over, but the coaching staff never made any changes. Constantly hurt the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the girl who does the draw on MDU has ever peaked……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents need to realize it's okay if your kid isn't good at the draw. You can still be a contributor without doing the draw. Calm down. IT'S OKAY. Don't hurt your team due to your ego.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one that did it all the time had an agreement with the coaches to be the main draw girl so the coaching staff never made any changes no matter what her merit was. Constantly hurting the team with decisions like that that are not partial.

Fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one that did it all the time had an agreement with the coaches to be the main draw girl even though the percentages were awful and consistently turning the ball over, but the coaching staff never made any changes. Constantly hurt the team.

Fact!

Whoever brokered that deal did not get a very goo ROI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact!

Wow, you guys are brutal openly bashing 14 yr old girls on the internet. Karma folks, beware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD United is the King (or Queen) of brokering deals. Director makes deals all of the time to bring girls over to her club. She never makes these decisions based on what's best for everyone - including the current players, only what is best for herself. And it usually comes down to two reasons why...1) Money in her pocket 2) Player will not be going to a competitive club. It is never what is best for the actual player or the team. She will easily demote or discard current players for someone shiny and new. She did it with the 2 players on the 22 team and she did it with the eastern shore girls she lured over on the 23 and 24 teams. She easily moved girls down to the West team to make room for 2 players who had played on M&D Black one year prior. All right before the important recruiting time too. And they were the first two college recruits on that team. She has ZERO loyalty to the girls who have been with her for years. I'm so glad I moved my oldest away from MD United before all of that happened. Best move we ever made.

Last edited by TM@BOTC; . Reason: cannot name names or innuendos that are obvious to who that person is
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fact!

Wow, you guys are brutal openly bashing 14 yr old girls on the internet. Karma folks, beware.

That is extremely harsh. The person who identified the girls in depth that left the team for various reasons was also harsh. Imagine spending thousands of dollars for tuition, hotels, food and so on and hearing that there was a deal in place and you have been watching the team struggle with the draw for the entire season. That's harsh too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD United is the King (or Queen) of brokering deals. Director makes deals all of the time to bring girls over to her club. She never makes these decisions based on what's best for everyone - including the current players, only what is best for herself. And it usually comes down to two reasons why...1) Money in her pocket 2) Player will not be going to a competitive club. It is never what is best for the actual player or the team. She will easily demote or discard current players for someone shiny and new. She did it with the 2 players on the 22 team and she did it with the eastern shore girls she lured over on the 23 and 24 teams. She easily moved girls down to the West team to make room for 2 players who had played on M&D Black one year prior. All right before the important recruiting time too. And they were the first two college recruits on that team. She has ZERO loyalty to the girls who have been with her for years. I'm so glad I moved my oldest away from MD United before all of that happened. Best move we ever made.

What's best for current players is that no one ever comes to tryouts to take their spot. Guess what? That's the nature of club lax.
There's so much logic failure in your post. Is she interested in "money in her pocket" implies she's taking kids not on merit but to get more money, yet, she also wants to prevent them from going to a competitive club? Well which is it, if player is not talented, why would she care if she went to competitive club? Again logic fail.

Breaking news: Clubs cut tenured girls for those that are at tryouts. Shocking stuff I tell you.

Glad you moved your kids to a club where you don't have to worry about talent taking their roster spot. I'm sure its working on fine.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 58 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard