BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please describe the G8 for anyone that was actually there.
I see no other LI teams attended. How great was the college coach lineup ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played a team at G8 this weekend that had a lot of selfish play. It was actually palatable the contempt their own team had for the two players who repeatedly would go-to-goal.
It’s G8, so coaches were watching. Did they notice and what do they do about it? Not take a player because she scores too many goals? I actually know this was happening because I know the other teams parents and am always hearing stories about these players.

Daddy coaches promote their daughters to be selfish, sad for other girls who are better, but don't get a chance. Same goes for friends and family players

Look at M&D 22 Black. Been happening on this team for years and the coach’s daughter ends up ranked #1 in the 22 recruiting class and heading to UMD. Sadly this type of daddy coaching is tolerated and works to the benefit of said daughter. Until clubs ban parents coaching this will continue to happen!

Oh brother, so the player is ranked the #1 recruit in the class and the Maryland Coach is taking her... and this is because of the Daddy Coach? It couldn’t possibly be because she is an excellent player, no that’s not possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played a team at G8 this weekend that had a lot of selfish play. It was actually palatable the contempt their own team had for the two players who repeatedly would go-to-goal.
It’s G8, so coaches were watching. Did they notice and what do they do about it? Not take a player because she scores too many goals? I actually know this was happening because I know the other teams parents and am always hearing stories about these players.

Daddy coaches promote their daughters to be selfish, sad for other girls who are better, but don't get a chance. Same goes for friends and family players

Look at M&D 22 Black. Been happening on this team for years and the coach’s daughter ends up ranked #1 in the 22 recruiting class and heading to UMD. Sadly this type of daddy coaching is tolerated and works to the benefit of said daughter. Until clubs ban parents coaching this will continue to happen!

Oh brother, so the player is ranked the #1 recruit in the class and the Maryland Coach is taking her... and this is because of the Daddy Coach? It couldn’t possibly be because she is an excellent player, no that’s not possible.

None of you know what you’re talking about. The number one ranked girl is on Grizzlies. It’s her than everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i never heard him brag about anything in fact he's quite humble. What's funny is all i see on here is bragging about an overrated YJ team and a TG team who's getting worse rather then better.
i never heard him brag about anything in fact he's quite humble. What's funny is all i see on here is bragging about an overrated YJ team and a TG team who's getting worse rather then better.

Yea because TG Have been horrible the first few tournaments Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clueless.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of you know what you’re talking about. The number one ranked girl is on Grizzlies. It’s her than everyone else.

Reading comprehension. He said the #1 2022 player. Yes the #1 2023 player is in CT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension. He said the #1 2022 player. Yes the #1 2023 player is in CT.

Who cares about ‘22. Irrelevant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Humphries on the Grizzlies is light out! I have seen her play a few times, but you know 2 minutes into the game. Are others in the conversation as the top player in the 2023 class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grumbling team is not the CTGrizzlies. #1 girl is hot and deserves all. She plays like a college girl. She deserves all of her kudos!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does IL do their numbers ranking system for recruits?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wdym? Currently they've ranked the top 30 2021s and have 50 more listed as "On the Rise". For 22s they've ranked the top 20 and have 30 "On the Rise".

They name a certain number of 5 stars each class as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They watch the players play, primarily at Top Tier Club Tournaments, Under Armour Underclass, Committed Academy....

Halley Quillinan Griggs is the Women's director at IL and as far as I know has been the lead on Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings and also must play a significant role in Under Armour Senior All-American Girls selections (Over the years, if a player was ranked in Top 40 of the IL Senior Young Guns list they almost always were selected to the Under Armour Senior All-American Game.

I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 23 class yes. This was talking about 22

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They watch the players play, primarily at Top Tier Club Tournaments, Under Armour Underclass, Committed Academy....

Halley Quillinan Griggs is the Women's director at IL and as far as I know has been the lead on Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings and also must play a significant role in Under Armour Senior All-American Girls selections (Over the years, if a player was ranked in Top 40 of the IL Senior Young Guns list they almost always were selected to the Under Armour Senior All-American Game.

I

At one time IL ranked the Top 30, I believe they then bumped it up to 40 for classes of 2017 & 2018 and bumped it up to the Top 50 for the 2019 & 2020 classes. It looks like the have dialed it back to Top 30 for the 2021’s and currently only rank 20 for the 2022’s.

The rankings are not perfect but all in all Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job over the years.

As stated above, the rankings are primarily based off of Club / Summer performance. Just like the college coaches, IL wants to watch players in a competitive environment, they want to see how players compete vs the best competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess a current TG record of 14-2 and never ducking teams at tournaments is getting worse. People have no clue what they are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters have been “up and coming” for the past 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters have been “up and coming” for the past 10 years.

jest·er
/ˈjestər/
Learn to pronounce
nounHISTORICAL
a professional joker or “fool” at a medieval court, typically wearing a cap with bells on it and carrying a mock scepter.

A women’s team that needs a more appropriate name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And appropriate mascot. Don’t know how anyone can wear those uniforms with a straight face

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An insect, firearm, colored demon or an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening would be way more appropriate LOL Some people need to get a hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An insect, firearm, colored demon or an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening would be way more appropriate LOL Some people need to get a hobby.

Tourney machine never updated.
Anyone know how the local long island teams did at Midatlantic??? 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the 23TG parents were lectured about changing their usual behavior on the sidelines and social media. Just wait until a college coach inherits the baggage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney machine never updated.
Anyone know how the local long island teams did at Midatlantic??? 2023

Yj beat jesters in final 5-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters beat TG In the semi in OT. TG coach got a yellow. Jesters lost to YJ in Champ game 5-3. Good day for the LI girls all around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s based on how many outside things you do outside of club & people nominating you
The #1 recruit for the 22 class was put in everything outside of club by her dad since she was young. She only knows how to play as an individual because everything gets run thru her at club & HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the 23TG parents were lectured about changing their usual behavior on the sidelines and social media. Just wait until a college coach inherits the baggage.

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lectured by who? Never happened stop spreading misinformation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s based on how many outside things you do outside of club & people nominating you
The #1 recruit for the 22 class was put in everything outside of club by her dad since she was young. She only knows how to play as an individual because everything gets run thru her at club & HS.

Complete gibberish. If you are going to take the time to answer a question, please be at least a little knowledgeable about the subject.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that helps you sleep at night keep telling yourself that. This kid earned it and will be an impact player as freshmen in college. So you have 4 more years to detest on her and her dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again, another jealous, delusional parent who just can’t stand it when other players receive more accolades or is considered better than their daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about this #1 class of 2022 girl. No one detesting. This is the 2023 thread. Don’t care one lot!

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Profanity not permitted
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about this #1 class of 2022 girl. No one detesting. This is the 2023 thread. Don’t care one lot!

Obviously someone cared enough to come on this thread and try to knock the player and the father. As stated above, some parents just can not take it when other players are considered better than their daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who beat Grizzlies? Who did YJ beat to get to finals and who did Jesters beat to get to finals? Nothing is posted on tourney app

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again, another jealous, delusional parent who just can’t stand it when other players receive more accolades or is considered better than their daughter.
Far from delusional or jealous.
Have watched her play, never said she wasn't a good player but she is certainly about herself and not a team player. Maybe that's not her fault, maybe that's how she has been taught to play.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about this #1 class of 2022 girl. No one detesting. This is the 2023 thread. Don’t care one lot!

Obviously someone cared enough to come on this thread and try to knock the player and the father. As stated above, some parents just can not take it when other players are considered better than their daughter.[/quot

Stop knocking her your jealousy is disgusting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D beat Grizzlies. YJ beat M&D in OT. Jesters beat TG in OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, i appreciate the response. Grizzlies and Skywalker were the two hot 23 teams. Surprised to not see either one of them in final. Who beat Skywalker?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG beat Skywalkers in pool play. Not sure if they advanced

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky walkers lost by 1 goal to jesters in playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far from delusional or jealous.
Have watched her play, never said she wasn't a good player but she is certainly about herself and not a team player. Maybe that's not her fault, maybe that's how she has been taught to play.

Your actions speak louder than your words. You used someone’s question as an opportunity to bash a girl and her father, you went out of your way to do it. There was nothing on this thread that provoked you, you obviously have issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Watching the YJ and TG game drew a lot of college coaches who watched the top talent on Long Island compete. They weren’t concerned about the score. They wanted to see the girls compete and great talent on the field. Some girls really shined.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that college coaches don’t care about the score. They are watching individual players. They are also watching the players parents. So when you’re on the sideline screaming at your kid, please know we see you too and you may be the reason your kid doesn’t get a call. Best bet is BE QUIET and enjoy the game!

Who was screaming? I though the parents were very respectful on my end. I think the point is that the YJ Thorn team has been claiming how great they were for years, they even merged with two other teams to get better. Their best player is a former igloo player. We all know that none of this matter in terms of recruiting, it's just that the YJ '23 group needs to give it a rest and admit they can't compete with TG'23, the he best team on LI in this age group. Was nice to finally see this put to rest this weekend.

not sure this aged well.

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard