BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 53 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is what it is. Regardless, both teams will be there so how they got there doesnt matter at this point. The cream will rise to the top.

Exactly right. The teams that are there are there -- it's what they do with the opportunity that matters.

This is the last age based event of your lacrosse careers, enjoy it. The entire landscape changes for players next year. Its all showcased events, individuals over team and clubs promoting their own brand. if you think the parents are cut-throat now just wait.

Wow. That's about the most cynical thing I've seen here in months.

I have a 2022 kid and 2025 kid. I would say you're wrong except for parents wanting their son to get more playing time. Many 2022 kids went from the top team to the 2nd team in order to accomplish this. There really wasn't any fighting. Parents know where their kid stands by this point. If they're not playing its time to find that playing time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is what it is. Regardless, both teams will be there so how they got there doesnt matter at this point. The cream will rise to the top.

Exactly right. The teams that are there are there -- it's what they do with the opportunity that matters.

This is the last age based event of your lacrosse careers, enjoy it. The entire landscape changes for players next year. Its all showcased events, individuals over team and clubs promoting their own brand. if you think the parents are cut-throat now just wait.

Wow. That's about the most cynical thing I've seen here in months.
Clearly you haven't been there yet. 2021, 2023, and 2025. My experience is not unique, ask anyone who has older competitive kids. Their only advocate will be you. You have to decide what your child wants, be realistic and be willing to spend a ton of time and money to go that route. or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cynical, but true. Clubs will promote their brand anyway they can, it’s a business. Most of these clubs care about a few kids.
And those few kids are somehow related to owners, directors and coaches or they go to the HS of the coaches. With no real governing body it's a dirty, dirty business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels Got new uniforms, apparel package and Helmets. Class Act

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't get the proper training so might as well entice them with swag.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is RUSH 2025 done? Heard that they are and they have tryouts for every other grade listed on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rebels 2025 have a Great coaching staff, Parents and Young men. Ownership 2nd to none. Watch the explosion of teams next year. Rebel parents get it. Anyone that knocks this organization, knows zero about LI lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush Merged with Legacy at this age, neither any good. This will not work, parents are furious.
Good kids will be leaving
Nice move in mid season.
dense and DUMBER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man, they got together as a team over 100 times over the past 12 months. Give it a rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on man, they got together as a team over 100 times over the past 12 months. Give it a rest.

Assume we won't see any of those red helmets at tryouts for other teams then!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush Merged with Legacy at this age, neither any good. This will not work, parents are furious.
Nice move in mid season.
dense and DUMBER

If true, team mergers never work. Now with HS here. In my opinion (and experience) you need to have your son play with a club with a proven track record in these coming years. Newly formed teams or pick up teams are good up until HS. But now it’s about networking for the recruiting build up over the next 24 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop. Kids in and out week to week. Coach promises playing time than rides 15 kids until they can't move anymore, losses mounting. Players not showing up and spotted at other tournaments, guest players from out of state, the list is endless. Rebels are grasping to keep the kids together for their recruiting years, so they offer kids new swag to play in an event the backed into. B team at best with poor coaching, so be realistic. No thanks and best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying that Legacy does not have a proven track record , go back and look at all the kids they have committed start with the 2020 class . if you come on here and have zero clue what you are talking about then keep the comments to yourself . The best guy you want getting your kid coached and into college is TZ if you dont believe look at the recruits . All other programs care about the top 5 then everyone else is on there own

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice move in mid season.
dense and DUMBER

If true, team mergers never work. Now with HS here. In my opinion (and experience) you need to have your son play with a club with a proven track record in these coming years. Newly formed teams or pick up teams are good up until HS. But now it’s about networking for the recruiting build up over the next 24 months.

I guess this might be true if all you care about is a college scholarship. If you're in it just for that, you're missing the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not speaking about scholarship , if you now lacrosse you use it to get into a school you would not be able to get in on your own

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you have to let it go. Nothing u said is true, just grapes. My son is on team, and everything is great. Let it go any worry about your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than getting on a good team (done) where he plays a lot (done) what recommendations do you guys have for this "recruiting build up over the next 24 months"?

I'm still very new to lacrosse and this is my oldest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not speaking about scholarship , if you now lacrosse you use it to get into a school you would not be able to get in on your own
You are not using lacrosse to get into a school unless you are a standout, recruited, player. Some schools have zero sway with admissions, some have a little and some allow for a slightly lower admission standard. The constant is that you have to be recruited and offered a spot, regardless of scholarship. If playing lacrosse in college is the priority there are programs for almost all great players. It depends entirely on #1 the schools need, than #2 factor in how low of an academic institute you're willing to attend just to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so why did legacy and rush merge teams? each had enough to field their own team, and rush was probably 3rd or 4th best on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably first step of legacy buying out rush. 2025 Rush has some very good players. No depth, not top 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rebels 2025 have a Great coaching staff, Parents and Young men. Ownership 2nd to none. Watch the explosion of teams next year. Rebel parents get it. Anyone that knocks this organization, knows zero about LI lacrosse.

Rebels 2025 head coach is clueless.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels 2025 head coach is clueless.
I disagree, he's the smartest guy around. He begged his way into the WSYL so he can say they qualified. Gave the team shiny new helmets to quiet all the malcontents. He'll have them all back next year for the same lower tier product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hard to figure out who is posting the anti Rebels post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and Rush merge is for this grade only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a win for both programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than getting on a good team (done) where he plays a lot (done) what recommendations do you guys have for this "recruiting build up over the next 24 months"?

Stay exactly where you are. As long as your player enjoys it. Never forget it's about them not you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually merging organizations would be each grade. Why just this grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay exactly where you are. As long as your player enjoys it. Never forget it's about them not you.

Do I need to care about these showcases that are starting? I honestly figured NEXT summer we'd start doing that stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice move in mid season.
dense and DUMBER

I guess this might be true if all you care about is a college scholarship. If you're in it just for that, you're missing the point.

Lol, okay. Just don’t be first in line to buy film and attend showcases. And not scholarship, those are few. It’s about playing after HS, if a kid wants that, which 98% do… and It is a fact that some clubs can open more doors than others. I won’t promote which club I think does that best. But it will be easy to see in September 2023.. Speaking from experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do I need to care about these showcases that are starting? I honestly figured NEXT summer we'd start doing that stuff.

I think no need until after sophomore year. Spend this time getting aligned with the right club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure how. They essentially alienated 1/2 of each team and tarnished their clubs’ reputations. And the result was obviously not positive as they lost to some very poor teams. This is likely a result of some people thinking their kids deserve to be on better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there anywhere to see live scores on the wsyl?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think no need until after sophomore year. Spend this time getting aligned with the right club

Let's not forget that our boys will also get exposure on their high school teams. It's not just club anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Rebels aren’t going 0-5.
Big 8-4 win over a good beserkers team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not forget that our boys will also get exposure on their high school teams. It's not just club anymore.

I think the best thing you can do is speak with families that have been through this process and make decisions from there. It’s Hs now and being on the right club makes a difference, unless your son has no interest in playing beyond Hs, which is fine. Then stay where you are, but this is the most important tryout yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Rebels aren’t going 0-5.
Big 8-4 win over a good beserkers team.

Rebels just lost a crazy overtime game vs BBL 8-7. CoachC just lost to Beserkers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels win vs beserkers 8-4 (Beserkers beat CoachC)
Rebels lose to top seeded BBL 8-7 in OT
Showing they belong ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure how. They essentially alienated 1/2 of each team and tarnished their clubs’ reputations. And the result was obviously not positive as they lost to some very poor teams. This is likely a result of some people thinking their kids deserve to be on better teams.

Legacy has continually tarnished their name time and time again but people continue to go back. Rush had a decent team, I have no idea why they would do what they did. Just doesn't seem to make sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels 1-1
Win over berserkers 8-4 (who beat CoachC)
OT loss over top seeded BBL
I guess they belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels 1-1
Win over berserkers 8-4 (who beat CoachC)
OT loss over top seeded BBL
I guess they belong.

Rebels are legit, the people saying otherwise are simply haters. Lots of good Long Island teams.

Page 40 of 53 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard