Senior Spotlight Q&A w/JoJo Todaro from HF Carey High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #6 ranked senior on Long Island and the 21st Ranked Recruit in the Country from HF Carey High School, JoJo Todaro for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

JoJo Todaro has been a motivated lacrosse player from different clubs since. He has shown great dedication as a defenseman and attained relevant awards for it. He has chosen John Hopkins University with the reason for what the school could offer, the history & the traditions that come along with playing at the university. Let's see how he'll go through his College years on his trademark.

Read below to get a closer look at the Defenseman:

Q&A w/ JoJo Todaro

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
JoJo Todaro (JT): I was kind of in shock but I understood the situation. I tried keeping my spirits up by watching a lot of films on myself and working out with my brothers in my garage.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Carol?  
JT: Never stop mastering your lacrosse skills even when you accomplished a lot.

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
JT: Well, most of us are coming off of playing football together, so basically it's just trying to adjust to lacrosse, but the motivation is there... we are out to prove a lot to ourselves and our coaches.. me, personally, as a senior, I just want to make every minute count considering this is the last time I will be playing with most of my teammates.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
JT: I will treasure this season, most of us have been playing together non stop since kindergarten football... then lacrosse whether it was PAL, to travel teams, high school... so means a lot to me to see us succeed this last season together.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Johns Hopkins University, and what other colleges were you considering?
JT: When I decided to commit from Syracuse to Johns Hopkins, I thought a lot about what the school could offer me, the history & the traditions that come along with playing at Johns Hopkins... I was also considering Maryland, Penn State, and North Carolina.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
JT: I pray to the people that are no longer with me... I like to get to the locker room early and listen to motivational speeches.
BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
JT: Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother. SandStorm by Darude. Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Steak and Potatoes
  • Favorite Movie? Rocky IV
  • Favorite Sports Team? New York Rangers
  • Favorite Athletes? Michael Jordan

See some of JoJo's career athletic accomplishments below: 8th-grade Varsity Lacrosse starter, 9th-grade All-Conference for lacrosse. 10th-grade All-County for lacrosse. 2x Maverick showtime All-Star. Project Nine Most Dominant Defensemen award. 4-year variety football starter. 2x variety football captain. Being honored to wear number 19, 2 years in a row at the NYS regionals in honor of Welles Crowther who died on 9/11.

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to meet Leah Bestany from Bethpage High School.