Senior Spotlight Q&A w/Summer Agostino from Ward Melville High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #3 ranked senior on Long Island and the 4th Ranked Recruit in the Country from Ward Melville High School, Summer Agostino for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Summer Agostino is one of the most awaited lacrosse athletes to be looked out for. She has attained a lot of awards when it comes to lacrosse, and there are not just so-so awards but ones that are really impressive for a committed lacrosse player like her. With her broad background and awards, she has chosen Boston College with the reason for its coaches, team, amazing academics, culture, and school spirit. Can't wait to see her attain more awards as she goes through her College Lacrosse years.

Read below to get a closer look at the Midfielder, Draw athlete:

Q&A w/ Summer Agostino

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
Summer Agostino (SA): My initial reaction when I found out last year that the season was canceled was devastation. However, I kept my hopes up by looking at the big picture and what was ahead in the future.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Carol?  
SA: My favorite saying from Coach Carol Rose is not to worry what people think. These people specifically being college coaches. If you play nervous, you certainly won’t play your best. Play like you know how to play and everything will turn out as it should.

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
SA: By missing last year, this has given both me and my teammates extra motivation to make the most out of the shortened season because we don’t know if our season will get canceled again. We want to make the most of what we have.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
SA: Since this season is my last and final season of high school lacrosse and because I missed my junior season last year, this always me to value and enjoy every moment of my senior season even more. This is my last time I’m able to play with the girls I’ve grown up with playing the sport I love.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Boston College and what other colleges were you considering?
SA: The coaches, team, amazing academics, culture, and school spirit at Boston College really set it apart from the other schools I was looking at and essentially made it an easy decision. The other schools I was considering were the University of North Carolina, the University of Virginia, Princeton, Penn State, and James Madison University.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
SA: I am actually not superstitious, so I do not have any crazy superstitions I follow. However, my pre-game ritual would be blasting music and be singing with my team before the start of our game.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
SA: My playlist consists of a bunch of throwback songs with some pump-up songs as well. Taylor Swift always makes an appearance on our way to away games through the speaker we bring on the bus.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Tacos
  • Favorite Movie? Soul Surfer
  • Favorite Sports Team? Dallas Cowboys
  • Favorite Athletes? Sam Apuzzo and Dempsey Arsenault

See some of Summer's career athletic accomplishments below: Lacrosse Accolades: Ranked as the #4 recruit in the class of 2021 by Inside Lacrosse, named to the Under Armour Senior Class Game for 2021, selected to the Under Armour Underclass Games in 2018, 2019, and 2020, made the All-Tournament Team at the 2020 Under Armour Underclass games for the Highlight Division, made the All-North Super Regional Team at the 2020 Under Armour Underclass games for the Highlight Division, Appeared in the 2019 Recruiting Issue: ILWomen’s Young Gun Junior Watchlist, selected to the 2019 Lacrosse Magazine All-Americans List for 2021 girls, selected to the 2019 school girls team, Top 5 in the LILJ Super Sophomores List, voted Honorable Mention All-County Division 1 for the 2019 high school lacrosse season, voted First Team GOAT All Long Island in the 2019 season by LILJ, #4 on the LILJ’s Fantastic Top 50 for the Long Island Class of 2021 in 2019, #3 on the Back of the Cage for the Class of 2021, written up in Inside Lacrosse as a standout at the 2018 Under Armour Underclass Tournament in the Command Division games, Captain for the Ward Melville Varsity Lacrosse Team.

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to meet JoJo Todaro from HF Carey High School.