BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,513
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 100 of 267 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is an anonymous forum, go ahead and post the teams in violation. If you don’t, then you have no valid claim here.

It is simply too late anyway doubt it made a difference in the consolation games. I wouldn't be surprised if it was parent on the offending team and who feels bad about it because if the opposing teams knew they would have reported. If this is the case it is understandable you felt you couldn't do anything about it at the time. If you lost that's karma, if you won, whatever, seems like you feel it wasn't worth it. Know this is what your team is about and make the move before the summer.

Shoot dont even go through the spring teach your son about integrity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here's the big question... If you have an issue with the state of play within youth lacrosse, why doesn't somebody do something about it and change the culture. When we were kids if anything more talented players or stronger athletes played with older kids, they didn't get held back so they could play with younger kids. Sounds like these parents want their kids to be the bullies on the playground. What's going to be comical is when the on age kids hit their growth spurts, which for most of these kids is coming sooner than later, and start to push around the holdback kids. What are you gonna do then hold your kid back another year and claim is was for academic reasons due to COVID. Good luck with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will post the team on an anonymous forum but you'll come on said forum and whine and complain. Name the team its not hard. Post it up and walk away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move on from WSYL qualifier. It’s done, can’t change outcomes, so move onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move on from WSYL qualifier. It’s done, can’t change outcomes, so move onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
It is probably someone on the team feeling guilt by association because anyone else with that knowledge would have reported it. Or the team lost so it is a lost cause. Shame on you coaches and the pare ts of the player for putting your team in that position.

Teams have qualified, the event is over, like this poster said, can't change outcomes. If any thing was reported to WSYL, I am sure it would be handled quietly behind the scenes.

So what are they going to do about the postponed games, double headers?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be easy to figure out. These MD 2026 teams played 2 games in consolation round. Which has brothers playing on the team?

Saltwater 2026
True Annapolis 2026
True Baltimore 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

WSYL Eligibility Rules – United States Teams
8, Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be easy to figure out. These MD 2026 teams played 2 games in consolation round. Which has brothers playing on the team?

Saltwater 2026
True Annapolis 2026
True Baltimore 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

8, Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.

Dis I miss something, when was it stated it was a MD team. Let's not start a witch hunt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dis I miss something, when was it stated it was a MD team. Let's not start a witch hunt

Exactly, except it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saltwater 2026
True Annapolis 2026
True Baltimore 2026
Zingos 2026 Black

Oh my GOD MOVE ON!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are they going to do about the postponed games, double headers?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will name the team because it did not happen. Not signaling out MD teams, but using them as an example. If I recall three MD teams made the Championship bracket: Hawks, Black Ops and Madlax. It is beyond obvious that these 3 teams took pain staking measures to change their everyday rosters to not violate the age rule of the tournament. In the case of Madlax and Black Ops, they merged kids who met the age requirement from many different teams to replace the kids on their regular roster who exceeded the age requirement. The net result were two, what appeared on paper to be, Allstar teams. In the case of the Hawks there were players on their regular roster who did not play. I am not sure how many there were but compared to the team my son’s team faced several weeks ago one of their most dominant poles and one of the best attack men did not play in the Hawks game I watched this weekend.

It was clear that many of the better non-MD teams had altered their roster in similar ways to meet the age requirement. Given all of this why would a team risk retaining one or two “too old to play kids” on their roster while at the same time they were forming all-star teams and not carrying some of their best players? Reason, cause it just ain’t so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one will name the team because it did not happen. Not signaling out MD teams, but using them as an example. If I recall three MD teams made the Championship bracket: Hawks, Black Ops and Madlax. It is beyond obvious that these 3 teams took pain staking measures to change their everyday rosters to not violate the age rule of the tournament. In the case of Madlax and Black Ops, they merged kids who met the age requirement from many different teams to replace the kids on their regular roster who exceeded the age requirement. The net result were two, what appeared on paper to be, Allstar teams. In the case of the Hawks there were players on their regular roster who did not play. I am not sure how many there were but compared to the team my son’s team faced several weeks ago one of their most dominant poles and one of the best attack men did not play in the Hawks game I watched this weekend.

It was clear that many of the better non-MD teams had altered their roster in similar ways to meet the age requirement. Given all of this why would a team risk retaining one or two “too old to play kids” on their roster while at the same time they were forming all-star teams and not carrying some of their best players? Reason, cause it just ain’t so!

We played Hawks and they had the same 4 kids on the sideline on Saturday and Sunday. They werent hard to miss wearing green Hawks shooter shirts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played Hawks and they had the same 4 kids on the sideline on Saturday and Sunday. They werent hard to miss wearing green Hawks shooter shirts

I am confused. Are you saying the Hawks violated the age eligibility rule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can’t wait until this dense event goes away and this has to be the last year. Hawks had 4 kids miss the cutoff (all true 2026 with summer birthdays, July 07 being the oldest) they were water boys and supportive teammates this past weekend and didn’t suit up. Hawks had a few 27s play to provide some depth and they will only be on the team for the qualifier and July event, pretty good players and would make most 26 rosters (no idea what their ages are but they had to register and meet the cutoff etc). Once a DMV or PA team wins, NY will cry foul and this will go to the Empire State championship where they can dictate any arbitrary rules they want to convince themselves they are still the best hotbed in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can’t wait until this dense event goes away and this has to be the last year. Hawks had 4 kids miss the cutoff (all true 2026 with summer birthdays, July 07 being the oldest) they were water boys and supportive teammates this past weekend and didn’t suit up. Hawks had a few 27s play to provide some depth and they will only be on the team for the qualifier and July event, pretty good players and would make most 26 rosters (no idea what their ages are but they had to register and meet the cutoff etc). Once a DMV or PA team wins, NY will cry foul and this will go to the Empire State championship where they can dictate any arbitrary rules they want to convince themselves they are still the best hotbed in the country.

Thus making this team U13 and completely legal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was
Contacted by 3 teams that have advanced and 2 other teams that did not advance to join their team to play
It is always going to happen
If the kids are having fun let it go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was
Contacted by 3 teams that have advanced and 2 other teams that did not advance to join their team to play

That’s nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few thoughts-
WYSL- It is an age based tournament, if you don't like it, don't play.
There is a cutoff date, does it make sense that it has to be Aug 30/Sept 1? No, not really, but they have to have some date and that's what it is. Don't like it, don't play.
If you have player born before that cutoff date, guess what, they are too old. Don't make excuses, it is what it is. "Well Johnny is a '26, but he was born 3 months too early." Guess what, he is too old, sorry! Or maybe play for the U14 team. I hear about the 27's playing up for the missing overage 26's. Why cant your 26 play up for the clubs missing overage 25's?

Holding a kid back to be the "king" of middle school lacrosse? Guess what, only going to hurt him in the long run. Size, strength and speed will equal out over time, naturally. Seen too many kids get by on their physical advantage, only to fade away as they go from MS to HS and HS to college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lemme get this straight...Hawks leave their holdbacks at home because they are too old. They replace them with 2027 players(who are probably 26s by birth), and they still qualify. Doesn't say much for their holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lemme get this straight...Hawks leave their holdbacks at home because they are too old. They replace them with 2027 players(who are probably 26s by birth), and they still qualify. Doesn't say much for their holdbacks.

They could have replaced them with COVID puppies, it doesn’t matter; they didn’t see any playing time anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They could have replaced them with COVID puppies, it doesn’t matter; they didn’t see any playing time anyways.

Smart to have the max of 25 on the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will keep names off , Hawks Goalie volunteered he was not able to attend World Series...well guess what , he played in the qualifier, go figure....you think we were going to let that go ? Hmmm🤔 ..have a surprise waiting for the New Tiger additions also ....not smart 🤥🤥🤥🤥

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just tired of finger pointing and complaints, this was more about people complaining and doing nothing about it. If someone did cheat the system then as a parent or coach that's an awful thing to teach your kids / players. At the end of the day win or lose my sons team can look itself in the mirror and know they did it the right way. As a parent that's more important to me than wins or losses, what someone else did or didn't do. It's sad that over the years so much integrity has been lost in youth sports.

You wont go far with that attitude ..It is all about the W !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was

Sure you did. Please put your ego back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe it says something about the depth of the team and ability to play team lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will keep names off , Hawks Goalie volunteered he was not able to attend World Series...well guess what , he played in the qualifier, go figure....you think we were going to let that go ? Hmmm🤔 ..have a surprise waiting for the New Tiger additions also ....not smart 🤥🤥🤥🤥

Sounds great. Now go get your shine box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a rule against playing in the qualifier when you aren’t planning to play in July? I’m not following why that is an issue.

And, what is the issue with the Tigers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This dude. Are you a Tiger parent or are you directing your weird threats to the Hawks and Tigers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG, zip it already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Hawks goalie, he loves to troll kids and then they run and tell their parents. Classic!!!!

Guess what, the whole qualifying team is on age for the WSYL and all will be there. The 2027 kids played well and got plenty of playing time. 3 out of the 4 scored multiple goals and the pole played good D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk to 13 year old strangers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This doesnt make any sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

veiled threats; are you suggesting an audit of the Hawk's paperwork submitted to WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All
Lies.

Hawks goalie is on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk to 13 year old strangers?

Stranger Danger!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess....the goalie told your attack son that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the tigers new addition is really Colin Heacock. That's why he didn't sign with the PLL. Too busy with WSYLax. Don't tell the rules committee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was

Sure you were; 5 teams contacted you for your son to play for them......these poor kids and their delusional parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Hawks goalie, he loves to troll kids and then they run and tell their parents. Classic!!!!

Guess what, the whole qualifying team is on age for the WSYL and all will be there. The 2027 kids played well and got plenty of playing time. 3 out of the 4 scored multiple goals and the pole played good D.
Again, doesn't say much for your holdbacks who werent allowed to make the trip if you still won with the 27’s (who again are probably 26s by birthdate). It’s funny really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was

Sure you were; 5 teams contacted you for your son to play for them......these poor kids and their delusional parents.

My kid was contacted by zero teams. He is not too bad but has some areas for improvement.

Like Reply Quote
Page 100 of 267 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard