BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 187 of 268 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the new HS season going to look like for the Spring?

Its going to look bad for the teams that are not competing in the FLG league. The top teams will be fine, the middle teams will struggle against each other and get demolished by the top ones and the bottom teams will probably score less than 2 goals a game. It will be much like other seasons at the end with wins and losses, just the disparity in talent and commitment will be even more evident this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For publics; In conference play only no state playoffs. You can go to a restaurant at 75% capacity on Long Island but you can't have more than 2 spectators per player at an outdoor event.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time GC was NOT in the County final? It would seem there "bad" years would garner some sort of reunion or banner year for every other school in Nassau Class B other than Manhasset. They may not have had mutliple D1's over the the last couple of years, but the program seems to do a pretty good and consistent job of assembling a TEAM that beats most even with a smaller enrollment. Have they lost more than a game or two to any Nassau A teams in the last decade for that matter? Respect from CSH for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time GC was NOT in the County final? It would seem there "bad" years would garner some sort of reunion or banner year for every other school in Nassau Class B other than Manhasset. They may not have had mutliple D1's over the the last couple of years, but the program seems to do a pretty good and consistent job of assembling a TEAM that beats most even with a smaller enrollment. Have they lost more than a game or two to any Nassau A teams in the last decade for that matter? Respect from CSH for the program.

How many D1 commits for 2021 does CSH have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe GC is more than a blip because people got sick of Daddy Ball. Daddy coaches and his kid and his kid's best friends never come off the field. Even though those may not be the best kids. And when it comes to Daddy Ball there is no development of players. Really kind of sad.

Just tell everyone how bad your son got smacked by GC.

If his son got smacked around by GC one would think the guy would not be claiming GC is terrible because it would make his son’s team even worse than GC. It is more likely the guy is from GC and disagrees with how the kids are developing. Just because someone points out that GC has had 3 bad recruiting year in a row because of”daddy ball” or the in house program hurt the development of the kids does not mean GC beat his son’s team. The truth is that the 2021 GC HS team arguably has no D1 talent. Even if GC is the best HS team in the country and smacked around everyone the fact remains that something went wrong for the 2020, 2021 and 2022s. Will GC try and fix that recruiting problem or keep living off of past success pretending nothing is wrong?

His son got smacked around.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH has no D1's in the '21 class. Amherst and Middlebury are the top two Sr. players. The '22 class has a few, Dartmouth, Lehigh, Rutgers that I'm aware of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the new HS season going to look like for the Spring?

Its going to look bad for the teams that are not competing in the FLG league. The top teams will be fine, the middle teams will struggle against each other and get demolished by the top ones and the bottom teams will probably score less than 2 goals a game. It will be much like other seasons at the end with wins and losses, just the disparity in talent and commitment will be even more evident this year.

Is FLG doing a spring league like the winter League they did with HS teams????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH has no D1's in the '21 class. Amherst and Middlebury are the top two Sr. players. The '22 class has a few, Dartmouth, Lehigh, Rutgers that I'm aware of.

The 22s were always strong. If I remember correct they played together young and then were allowed to play club by 5th grade. Had they stayed in house until HS they may not have had the success they had with the 22 commits. I thought they had 1 D1 for 2021 not zero.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG’s top secret league. If you’re not in the inner circle, you won’t be involved in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 22s were always strong. If I remember correct they played together young and then were allowed to play club by 5th grade. Had they stayed in house until HS they may not have had the success they had with the 22 commits. I thought they had 1 D1 for 2021 not zero.

Can you elaborate on “then they were allowed”? Were they not permitted to play for a club team at some point?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the csh 22's started playing in kindergarten like all other csh players in the program and most of LI. Many played on various club teams in addition to the CSH program from a young age. The group was generally speaking, better lacrosse players than stud multi-sport athletes. A number of the strong players chose to go to private/catholic HS's and reclass elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate on “then they were allowed”? Were they not permitted to play for a club team at some point?

They were always able to play for a club team. Prior to fifth grade, meaning third and fourth grade, they would enter as a town team into B level tournaments against 2021 club teams. Although they did not win as much as much as they would have had they played against 22s they certainly got a lot better playing up in the 2021 division. For some reason around fifth grade they stopped doing that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were always able to play for a club team. Prior to fifth grade, meaning third and fourth grade, they would enter as a town team into B level tournaments against 2021 club teams. Although they did not win as much as much as they would have had they played against 22s they certainly got a lot better playing up in the 2021 division. For some reason around fifth grade they stopped doing that.

Too many parents thought they knew best and focused on their own path...group splintered and jumped from team to team annually...apparently all the coaches got it wrong and didn't see the talent they saw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems that there are an awful lot of "bitter dads" on here who think GC, Manhasset, and CSH are suddenly bad programs. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Just because your son isn't good enough to play for those programs, or his team was beaten by them, or more likely "daddy" can't afford any of those three communities, don't try to make yourself feel better by bashing them here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why those three towns are being bashed. Why, because a portion of those towns the parents make really good money. who cares, jealous is an ugly thing. The bantering that goes on on this site is hysterical. Why cant everyone root for there own child and team and leave it at that. I never understood why you have to come on here to knock a town, travel program even a kid. Every town, travel program has there fair share of arrogant. To be honest at tournaments that i was at when my son was younger those towns the parents were the most quiet, there were a lot of other towns that had some foolish parents. I wish all your kids good luck this season and in the future, grow up gentleman. BTW I don't leave in any of those three towns.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people saying they are bad programs? Manhasset will be the best team out there in my opinion. GC and CSH will be very good and playing for championships. . People are pointing out facts that have not been rebutted other than playing the jealously card. Instead of playing the jealousy card point out why these posts are wrong. If GC and CSH have more than one d1 commit for 2021 prove them wrong. If they are more successful now than they have been in the past glory years show some facts or stats and prove them wrong. Playing the jealousy gets you nowhere other than showing you can’t prove them wrong and what they are saying could be correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are people saying they are bad programs? Manhasset will be the best team out there in my opinion. GC and CSH will be very good and playing for championships. . People are pointing out facts that have not been rebutted other than playing the jealously card. Instead of playing the jealousy card point out why these posts are wrong. If GC and CSH have more than one d1 commit for 2021 prove them wrong. If they are more successful now than they have been in the past glory years show some facts or stats and prove them wrong. Playing the jealousy gets you nowhere other than showing you can’t prove them wrong and what they are saying could be correct.

Maybe go back a few posts. Come on do better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bro who cares if the whole team is going D-1, everyone should just worry about there own kid and team and cheer for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset will be the best for the next three seasons. 2021 & 2022 have two of the top players in the nation and the 2023 class is loaded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACTS
GC will be relevant for years to come. Strong youth programs and parents that played the game
Manhasset dropped to C conference due to enrollment. Will continue to dominate
CSH strong youth program will always compete at top in Nassau C/D. BTW they are a Suffolk school playing Nassau conference, just sayin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACTS
GC will be relevant for years to come. Strong youth programs and parents that played the game
CSH strong youth program will always compete at top in Nassau C/D. BTW they are a Suffolk school playing Nassau conference, just sayin.

GC dads who played the game are mostly 5’8” moderately athletic guys from the early 1990s. In other words, they’d be lucky to be playing club lax today. Such a dopey post above/. It reveals the entitlement, arrogance and total lack of self awareness that collectively explain why GC lacrosse has been (and will continue to be) in a downward spiral. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great analogy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACTS

You mention mostly opinions based on few questionable facts. Facts are no d1 commits for GC 2021 and travel in house program played in B and C tournaments. Those are facts. Opinion, they will still be successful in HS because they are deeper than most schools. No or only one great player but deep with D3 talent. That formula works in HS. It will be interesting to see how they do for the first year ever competing with only one d1 commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess all the Dad's from Carey, Calhoun etc., must be 5'6 non athletic guys that played baseball then...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACTS

GC dads who played the game are mostly 5’8” moderately athletic guys from the early 1990s. In other words, they’d be lucky to be playing club lax today. Such a dopey post above/. It reveals the entitlement, arrogance and total lack of self awareness that collectively explain why GC lacrosse has been (and will continue to be) in a downward spiral. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Having dads who played growing up is a huge advantage, especially at the youth level. You don't need to have started at Princeton in the 90s to be a good, informed teacher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Having dads who played growing up is a huge advantage, especially at the youth level. You don't need to have started at Princeton in the 90s to be a good, informed teacher."

So true... the benefit of having played or even been on the team in a college program and exposure to offensive structure and drills at that level is a tremendous experience that manifests itself in better coaching, no matter from what decade, the fundamental concepts really have not changed that much over time. Not every town at every age level really has that depth--even in the "good programs".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Having dads who played growing up is a huge advantage, especially at the youth level. You don't need to have started at Princeton in the 90s to be a good, informed teacher."

So true... the benefit of having played or even been on the team in a college program and exposure to offensive structure and drills at that level is a tremendous experience that manifests itself in better coaching, no matter from what decade, the fundamental concepts really have not changed that much over time. Not every town at every age level really has that depth--even in the "good programs".
You really need to stop with the GC envy and commit nonsense. If you have a strong youth program and town culture of lacrosse, good coaching and above average athletes you'll be successful for years. Oh wait isnt that what GC is? Stop with the commit this and commit that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait what? Offensive structure in the youth game?

Youth lax should be about throwing, catching and having fun. Only the dad himself cares about his own lax career 30 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And car

Youth lax should be about throwing, catching and having fun. Only the dad himself cares about his own lax career 30 years ago.
and carvel after the game. win or lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the Carvel. Teaching the game and hopefully preparing them for jr. high play is somewhat important as well seeing that most jr. hi coaches have no lax experience and take the paycheck to go out and babysit the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the Carvel. Teaching the game and hopefully preparing them for jr. high play is somewhat important as well seeing that most jr. hi coaches have no lax experience and take the paycheck to go out and babysit the kids.
Middle School is unwatchable, way worse than PAL. Kids are forced to stick with travel teams in order to continue developing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of "non-athlete" daddy's on here is amazing. Guys who think a HS program's success is based on D-1 commits. If you ever played the game, or any sport for that matter you would understand it is the Team, not the I. that's why so many of your sons will fail at the college level. Once it's not about junior he will walk away from the game. All because his daddy told him it's about the "commitment" not being a team player, and that the team win is more important. Oh well, good luck with your 3-7 season while GC beats your behind again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Best League in the Nation kicked off yesterday.
Calvert Hall Beat Gilman 11-10
Spalding beat Severn 13-5
St Mary's Beat John Carroll 9-6
McD beats MSJ. BL, St Pauls and Loyola start Friday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time Gilman was within a goal of the Hall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hall in need of out of state transfers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of "non-athlete" daddy's on here is amazing. Guys who think a HS program's success is based on D-1 commits. If you ever played the game, or any sport for that matter you would understand it is the Team, not the I. that's why so many of your sons will fail at the college level. Once it's not about junior he will walk away from the game. All because his daddy told him it's about the "commitment" not being a team player, and that the team win is more important. Oh well, good luck with your 3-7 season while GC beats your behind again.

Of course most parents teach kids to be team players. You are suggesting that all those kids who committed to compete at the division one level from Long Island are not team players and were taught differently. I think the point is that although everybody wants to win championships the goal for many is also to play d1 college lacrosse. This is a especially so at the top high school lacrosse programs like Garden City. To suggest that these kids will not be team players show a lack of understanding of of the recruitment process. These kids are scrutinized big time and all seem to have passed the background check and is he a team player check that they all must go through. This goes for all divisions not only division one. Also, it has to be considered a failure for top level high schools to not be able to get any or very few kids committed to division one lacrosse programs. So don’t pretend having no d1 commits for any one year is not a failure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear guys talk about what happened in elementary school, let alone their lifeless lax career. Better yet, some of them forget how many times they tell the same story over and over again. Offensive structure at the youth level? What a BUNCH OF JOKES!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By GC parents saying my kid’s HS (GardenCity) will beat your HS it invites the comeback from a D1 college commits to say my college team being D1 will beat your GC kids D3 college team. Just thought you should know what people are thinking each time GC parents claim our HS lacrosse team will beat yours. Continue on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Just thought you should know what people are thinking each time GC parents claim our HS lacrosse team will beat yours. "

Wrong, they think: "yup, again. I wish I had studied harder and not gone to sprats or wwf matches as often as I did so I could've better prepared myself to live in a town that I actually aspired to so my kids would have a better opportunity and not where I am stuck now." That is the thought. And if it isn't, you are lying to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one can hold a candle to Fudgy !

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
Page 187 of 268 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 267 268