BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Girls 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
kids do a lot of movement in the next couple years. Teams start dividing even amongst themselves...you'll see ..if it isn't already happening yet it will...happens in every age group and ... it happens to every team. . paretns trying to up one another...

yes look what happened to 2025s....

what significant happened with them 25s?

isnt there still one really good team then everyone else?

in what age group? the 2026 there is only one good team on LI ...YJ is prob that team. Jesters had a running for a while but a few of their players left for YJ

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you'll be proven wrong this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids do a lot of movement in the next couple years. Teams start dividing even amongst themselves...you'll see ..if it isn't already happening yet it will...happens in every age group and ... it happens to every team. . paretns trying to up one another...

in what age group? the 2026 there is only one good team on LI ...YJ is prob that team. Jesters had a running for a while but a few of their players left for YJ

would be a lot closer if you took away mannings 2025s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will see how many 2025s Manning has on his team in July for the US lacrosse Nationals..Not sure you are right about that at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 2025 girls play on Manning?? top 8 kids on Manning are very good players; bottom third of that roster will be moved to the B team if and when some top players jump ship to YJ

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No ones jumping to YJ at this point. First Rodeo? Kids are settled in your not gonna move your bottom third who are OK with not playing after pool game are over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What 2025 girls play on Manning?? top 8 kids on Manning are very good players; bottom third of that roster will be moved to the B team if and when some top players jump ship to YJ

all of the top 8 kids weren’t born in 2026, I work in the business and have seen the rosters and we all know the truth.

we also all know that nationals allow a fair amount of roster fluidity if you read the rules

I can post the the birth dates on a no name basis if that helps, but im not sure that’s the right thing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope they weren't born in 2026, that would be nuts........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no fluidity in the US Lacrosse National rules, if you are born after September 1st of 2007 you are eligible to play in the 2026 bracket. If not you are not. A child born in October, November or December of 2007 is not a hold back or a "25". If you are talking much earlier birthday in 2007 then you may have a point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am pretty sure that Mannings team has no kids born in early 2007. Leave it alone and compete.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed leave it be and my kid doesn’t even play for YJ. Manning’s team is excellent even if there some kids are born in late 2007- who cares? They are a super talented group that would beat most 2025 club teams anyway! YJ has a huge Suffolk pool to select from and they get the best of the best. Let’s give credit where it’s due- looking forward to giving them some stiff competition this summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a good team but would not beat most 25 A teams from legitimate clubs. Again YJ is a great hype machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Jesters reloaded those defects as they apparently beat Manning last night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tg hasn't done the nationals in a few years. Waste of time at the end of a long summer circuit. No Maryland teams so its all also rans, but you are so smart you knew that.

Only reason MD teams not there, is can’t make age requirements! They start young on the holdbacks. Nothing to do with end of a “long summer circuit”! They play year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure US Nationals is a waste of time. Maryland can’t make the age cut. Tell it like it is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really sure US Nationals is a waste of time. Maryland can’t make the age cut. Tell it like it is!
Hero’s will be there…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Jesters reloaded those defects as they apparently beat Manning last night

Impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 26' beat Manning, GC 25' and GC 26' recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Manning? Where does he coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be trying out for a club team for the first time. Has played PAL and a mini club team as well as her school team. Recommendations please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Jesters 26 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to see where you are pulling birthdays from. All of Manning’s girls are 2026 graduates.Your attempt to try and slander 12 -13 year old athletes is shameful. Your. Child clearly 1) couldn’t make Manning’s team. Or 2) was beaten by Manning & you can’t accept it. They are a great team & very fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY EXACTLY would that be nuts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to see where you are pulling birthdays from. All of Manning’s girls are 2026 graduates.Your attempt to try and slander 12 -13 year old athletes is shameful. Your. Child clearly 1) couldn’t make Manning’s team. Or 2) was beaten by Manning & you can’t accept it. They are a great team & very fun to watch.

i agree that was a disturbing post....clearly kid didn't make it... I would like to see that character actually post the birthdays.....so notIntelligent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“2026 graduate” is ambiguous with respect to age

And pulling actual birthdays isn’t that hard if you work in or around the business. Think how many waivers and registrations you have all filled in in the past year?

I would never call individual kids out and I have no idea who the original poster referenced , but there are few kids who probably should be playing for spalina or janneli on that team. But the rules are the rules and im sure every family had their own reasons.

either way its still a top team with a great coach

if you want to debate calendar vs. graduation year there is a whole separate thread for that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manning is playing at US Nationals. It's aged based. My guess is Manning will have a full roster for the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manning is playing at US Nationals. It's aged based. My guess is Manning will have a full roster for the tourney.

doenst matter there are a certain number of previous year birth dates allows per the team

no one said his whole team was holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doenst matter there are a certain number of previous year birth dates allows per the team

Show me where it says they allow it? I'll wait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to Top Guns Black, YJ Manning and Jesters Black. Excellent showing this past weekend at Live Love Lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And pulling actual birthdays isn’t that hard if you work in or around the business. Think how many waivers and registrations you have all filled in in the past year?

I would never call individual kids out and I have no idea who the original poster referenced , but there are few kids who probably should be playing for spalina or janneli on that team. But the rules are the rules and im sure every family had their own reasons.

if you want to debate calendar vs. graduation year there is a whole separate thread for that

Who cares! LI teams going up against MD teams that are full of “holdbacks” ! There is obviously advantages to hold backs, extra year of developing skills and IQ. If comp. is going to do it and get advantages and it’s allowed, then if you can, than why not. Or else, the game needs to change to age based to even playing field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you can't show me, I'll show you... Per USA Lax website US Youth Nationals...
#3: All Players competing in the 13U division (2026) must have been born on or after 9/1/2007.
#11: All players must meet the age requirements, no exceptions.

So maybe we'll see some short benches, but we won't see holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2026 brackets/levels were at Live Love Lax this weekend? Was it "A" brackets and "B" brackets??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was 9 groupings with any where from 6-8 in a group. Looks like there was 3 "A" groupings. With some pretty good battles at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares! LI teams going up against MD teams that are full of “holdbacks” ! There is obviously advantages to hold backs, extra year of developing skills and IQ. If comp. is going to do it and get advantages and it’s allowed, then if you can, than why not. Or else, the game needs to change to age based to even playing field.

Man they must really drill that holdback nonsense into you on LI. Girl holdbacks are very, very rare. On the boys side it happens all the time. Of all the girls on the M&D, SW and Heros teams I know of 3 holdbacks total. And all of them were born in August so it's less than a month.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you can't show me, I'll show you... Per USA Lax website US Youth Nationals...
#3: All Players competing in the 13U division (2026) must have been born on or after 9/1/2007.

so how does it work where YJs go every year?

do some girls not get to go because of age?

or are there just zero holdbacks on any of the top YJ teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are tryouts for different clubs in this age group. I have only seen 1 list their tryout dates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are no yj holdbacks so stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are no yj holdbacks so stop

There seem to be a lot less holdbacks on LI than some other lacrosse dominated “crabby” states! Those states seemed to figure out how to work the holdback system much better. Hard to “holdback” kids on LI in public school system without legitimate reasons!! Lacrosse isn’t a legitimate reason as it seems to be in some other states

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only holdbacks are if they are Fall birthdays and their parents didn't want them to go to kindergarten when they were four years old.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard