Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse
Anonymous #321713 02/26/21 12:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGHSLC is technical name or just High School Championship. At FSA Sportsplex in Farmington, CT. Limited to 24 teams from New England West I/Founders League, ISL, Lakes Region, MAPL conferences. Should be good. Teams cannot compete under their school so have to use generic names such as Red, or Tigers etc.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #321778 02/26/21 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to also account for the academic differences amongst these institutions. so as to not hurt anyone's feelings, I wont specify amongst the preps, but there are pretty marked differences in the testing levels, acceptance rates and academic reputations and "output" from school to school. there are kids who attend and thrive at some of these schools that would not be admitted academically to other schools on the list. the best example would be to maybe think about the difference between Princeton and Hofstra. great schools, great lacrosse but a Princeton degree will open doors that Hofstra wont.
the same applies to the preps, so coming in to do 2 years (likely after reclassifying) or doing a PG year, can open academic doors for a student athlete that will not open staying home and playing for their local high school regardless of the quality of the program at home. another season, another chance at the SAT or AP classes, another year of lifting and an opportunity to live away from home in a more guided manner all add to the total value and make the adjustment to college much easier.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #321832 02/27/21 03:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt that in the NEPSAC there is an academic as well as athletic hierarchy and they are mutually exclusive for the most part. That being said, most children will benefit from being in the right prep school vs their local public school. Obviously there are exceptions to everything but in general you get what you pay for and this includes education.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321960 03/01/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brunswick is the exception - look where those kids go year in and year out - Princeton, Duke & Harvard. It's indignity they won't be playing Taft this year. -another school which has high academics and would have a strong team this year.

Last edited by JesLax1; 03/01/21 10:10 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322040 03/01/21 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Taft playing this spring? They aren't on my sons schedule either although 'wick is.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322052 03/01/21 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lucky for you. Taft would destroy your sons team!!!

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #322085 03/02/21 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lucky for you. Taft would defeat your sons' team!!!"

This is a hoot! I thought by the time high school rolls around, the lax dads settle into the fact that there are great players everywhere and their sons may or may not be one of them, if they are being realistic. This comment is the equivalent of saying my dad could beat up your dad on the elementary school playground. Grow up and act like an adult.

Last edited by JesLax1; 03/02/21 11:01 AM.
Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #322133 03/02/21 05:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually my sons team defeated Taft the last time they played so thanks for the warning. That really doesn't matter. I was simply implying there are probably are very different schedules this year due to covid. Nothing more, nothing less. Does anyone know if there are 2 divisions in NEPSAC West I this season?

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #322143 03/02/21 07:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are really no formal divisions or leagues within NEPSAC this coming season. Schedules will not be typical and each school will do things somewhat different from normal. The most likely and common difference is that there likely will not be games across states lines (or at least hardly any).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #322165 03/03/21 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams can cross state lines to play as CT teams can play Trinity-Pawling which is in NY. Not sure if boarding schools only but it's a start.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #322207 03/03/21 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teams can cross state lines to play as CT teams can play Trinity-Pawling which is in NY. Not sure if boarding schools only but it's a start.

Some teams have snippets of schedules on Max preps. A partial example shows Brunswick is playing Kent, Avon Old Farms, Lawrenceville, Darien, New Canaan and Trinity Pawling. Hopefully a good sign bc shows day schools playing boarding schools, public playing private and teams crossing state lines. Fingers crossed.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #322218 03/03/21 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems as though season will be mostly double headers or back to backs on weekends for Founders teams. May have 6-7 teams on the schedule but 12-14 games.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #323186 03/14/21 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone from the ISL out there? How about NE Division II? Yes Founders is king but there are plenty of strong teams all over New England.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #323196 03/14/21 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems as though season will be mostly double headers or back to backs on weekends for Founders teams. May have 6-7 teams on the schedule but 12-14 games.

Correct. Avon actually has 15 games and plays TP and Salisbury 4x each. Would have loved to see a Taft or Choate or Westy on the schedule but they are playing 15 games and playing Deerfield, Brunswick, Loomis and Kent as well. As a parent I am happy they are playing and I know the boys are thrilled even if the scheduling isn't perfect.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #323597 03/16/21 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I don't know if we will be able to attend games this spring but the boys are excited there will be a season. Would have been nice to play a typical Founders schedule and not play Avon 4x but beggars cant be choosers. Glad the league made the right call by letting the schools schedule their own games rather than not playing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard