BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 267 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just saw in the Machine that the schedule has been changed. Hawks now playing True Atlantic. Is this the local matchup everyone has been clamoring for? How many local True guys are on that team? Do they have kids from other programs (Crabs, Etc).

The local True Annapolis team will not be showing up for any tournament that would include the Hawks or BLC. They call in their big sisters when they realize a local tournament would embarrass the brand and then sell the parents on some excuse and they all buy it.

But do any of the Annapolis kids play on the Atlantic team? Where does True Atlantic pull from? MD - NY?

They pull from whoever is willing to write a check and advance to the next level of the pyramid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aloha Famous Autumn Classic in Maryland (Harford County) has been postponed a week and moved to Delaware due to COVID.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aloha Famous Autumn Classic in Maryland (Harford County) has been postponed a week and moved to Delaware due to COVID.

Darn....I was really looking forward to that Breakers Vs. Kelly Post matchup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Summer’s Eve baggery in this forum is top notch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funny thing is that there are a lot of great kids and families on those teams who will have fun at that tournament and play good lacrosse (by their standards), and they have no clue that they are being laughed at by Hawks, etc. dads, nor do they know that this site even exists. Sometimes it feels like there is an inverse relationship between the level of play and quality of the parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all understand this forum has entertainment value. Nothing written here should be taken seriously. Read it. Laugh at it. Allows grown-ups to act like juvenile delinquents behind anonymity. Don't take it to heart #2's dad. If your kid wasn't a good player no one would be discussing him anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The funny thing is that there are a lot of great kids and families on those teams who will have fun at that tournament and play good lacrosse (by their standards), and they have no clue that they are being laughed at by Hawks, etc. dads, nor do they know that this site even exists. Sometimes it feels like there is an inverse relationship between the level of play and quality of the parents.

Cool Story Bro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all understand this forum has entertainment value. Nothing written here should be taken seriously. Read it. Laugh at it. Allows grown-ups to act like juvenile delinquents behind anonymity. Don't take it to heart #2's dad. If your kid wasn't a good player no one would be discussing him anyways.

Has more to do with the Hammerhead Dad then the kid...........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
o'doyle rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cool Story Bro

What’s even funnier is there are a bunch of kids on those ‘lesser’ teams that are going to be far better lacrosse players in high school and college than some of the kids on the ‘elite’ 2026 squads now.

Unless your kid clearly has D1 speed and strength already, better look around.

Because there are tons of kids on these ‘lesser’ teams who are superior athletes. When their stick skills mature, they’ll be running past, over, and through kids who play on ‘better’ teams now.

In fact, most of the kids on your son’s 2026 team this fall won’t even be on the roster in a few years. Better players will come along. And if they don’t, your ‘elite’ team is likely to fall behind the competition that successfully absorbs new talent.

And the keyboard warrior dads in this forum who deride kids and disparage other clubs will still be in here trolling around in the future. But they’ll be even more bitter because their son fell further down the depth chart, or ended up on a ‘lesser team’ themselves because they couldn’t hack it with the big boys.

Yes, BOTC is a place to joke around. But have a little empathy. Because karma is a b....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cool Story Bro

What’s even funnier is there are a bunch of kids on those ‘lesser’ teams that are going to be far better lacrosse players in high school and college than some of the kids on the ‘elite’ 2026 squads now.

Unless your kid clearly has D1 speed and strength already, better look around.

Because there are tons of kids on these ‘lesser’ teams who are superior athletes. When their stick skills mature, they’ll be running past, over, and through kids who play on ‘better’ teams now.

In fact, most of the kids on your son’s 2026 team this fall won’t even be on the roster in a few years. Better players will come along. And if they don’t, your ‘elite’ team is likely to fall behind the competition that successfully absorbs new talent.

And the keyboard warrior dads in this forum who deride kids and disparage other clubs will still be in here trolling around in the future. But they’ll be even more bitter because their son fell further down the depth chart, or ended up on a ‘lesser team’ themselves because they couldn’t hack it with the big boys.

Yes, BOTC is a place to joke around. But have a little empathy. Because karma is a b....

Most Accurate BOTC post ever written...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly!! Breakers and Kelly post have produced way more D1 players than FCA, Looneys, and Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly!! Breakers and Kelly post have produced way more D1 players than FCA, Looneys, and Crabs

Any proof?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course top teams produce more D1 players. But if you think the 2021 Crabs roster is made up of all the same kids who were on the team from elementary and middle school then I'll have whatever you're smoking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlikely, otherwise these clubs would be boosting on their website, these clubs are very weak with D1 commits .... please take look at commit page from top clubs, they are extensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have had a multiple of more then 3x then number of Breakers and KP combined over the past 5 to 10 years. They have been one of the consistent premiere D1 recruiting hubs in the USA. That being said Breakers and KP provide a quality experience for certain families, but to suggest their guys get more D1 exposure them Crabs is kind of laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've been trolled non intelligent Crabs parents and children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the earlier posters’ point was not that clubs like KP have more D1 commits than Crabs; rather KP players who you are disparaging today in 7th grade might develop into a stud by 9th grade and take your son’s spot on Crabs or Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have had a multiple of more then 3x then number of Breakers and KP combined over the past 5 to 10 years. They have been one of the consistent premiere D1 recruiting hubs in the USA. That being said Breakers and KP provide a quality experience for certain families, but to suggest their guys get more D1 exposure them Crabs is kind of laughable.

BOTC: Don't yell at Homer, he's just a little slow.

HOMER: Uh oh. Something was said. Not good. What was it? "DON'T YELL AT HOMER." Nooo.. that's okay. What was it? "Slow." ...THEY CALLED YOU SLOW! How dare you call me that?

BOTC: You still here, Homer? You really are slow.

HOMER: Uh oh, something said, not good...

BOTC: Get the heck outta here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers look strong with their new additions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of talent at the NAL event today. Good to see 91 almost catching up to MadLax!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was hand gifted 3 goals and still did not look good. They cannot clear the ball at all. Soft on attack. Scary thing is that their defense was their strong suit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No new additions for Tigers, but thanks MD boys. Maybe your real team shows up next tourney since there was no good competition today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No new additions for Tigers, but thanks MD boys. Maybe your real team shows up next tourney since there was no good competition today.

Good try Hawks dad everyone sees threw your shade. So why did you back out of this tournament again like HOCO ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good try Hawks dad everyone sees threw your shade. So why did you back out of this tournament again like HOCO ?

Hawks already proved they are no. 1 in country. No need to continue to beat up weak teams. Hawks don’t need to play you guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good try Hawks dad everyone sees threw your shade. So why did you back out of this tournament again like HOCO ?[/quote]

Good decision by the Hawks to duck NAL or they would have lost to the tiger again or a much improved Madlax and finished 3rd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be honest the coaches polled the parents and it was unanimous to drop out once the families saw the high strength of the competition in the bracket. This was the same process used that resulted in not playing Fall HOCO. The plan for spring is to poll the parents as to what level to play in 2021 HOCO. Based upon current level of fear of the competition we are leaning toward the B bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beats hawks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 dad. Was talking to my friend whose kid plays on Tigers. Said most of their injured players are back. Nice group but strange. No chance those big kids holdbacks play in the World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda 7
Hawks 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda 7
Hawks 4
Nice try tourneymachine is incorrect. Hawks over Bethesda In a good game.

It was 7-4 Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks won 7-4 the score is backwards smart guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda 7
Hawks 4

No. Tourney machine is wrong. It was a good game. I watched it b4 my son's team played the Hawks. Hawks pulled away late

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I can tell you about the Hawks; their defense is a weakness. They don’t have 1 defender who plays physical; very soft. They need an upgrade in the worst of ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah they stink, just look at all the points they are giving up. Everyone scores on them when they are man down and they all make a living challenging them with big attackmen and middies. NOT....dude you have no clue. But that statement I'm sure will motivate them even more. I wouldn't bet against their defense that's for sure.

Here's the thing. All of the other teams that play them have to play their absolute best to have a chance. Even on a down day the Hawks defense doesn't give up more than 4 goals. I don't think anyone has scored 10 points on them more than once in the last 2 years. If I remember correctly the most I've heard anyone scoring is 7 goals. Physical or not (according to you) they don't give up many points. That's the job of the defense. Give them their respect and keep it moving.

#50 Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah they stink, just look at all the points they are giving up. Everyone scores on them when they are man down and they all make a living challenging them with big attackmen and middies. NOT....dude you have no clue. But that statement I'm sure will motivate them even more. I wouldn't bet against their defense that's for sure.

Here's the thing. All of the other teams that play them have to play their absolute best to have a chance. Even on a down day the Hawks defense doesn't give up more than 4 goals. I don't think anyone has scored 10 points on them more than once in the last 2 years. If I remember correctly the most I've heard anyone scoring is 7 goals. Physical or not (according to you) they don't give up many points. That's the job of the defense. Give them their respect and keep it moving.

#50 Dad

Who’s #50 I don’t think I even noticed him yesterday? And I have to agree with the previous poster; defense is their weakness; goaltending bails them out 75% of the time. Stick work is average and let’s be honest; they’re slow! Slides are always late and communication is poor. They definitely need an upgrade here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Hawks parent, but c'mon. Bashing a defense for giving up an average of 3.3 goals a game against some very good teams is a little silly. Not sure who #50 is either, but he'll probably cringe if he sees dad's post. I get wanting to stick up for your kid, but the Hawks don't need it because their play does the talking.
And to the anonymous posters criticizing these kids: Why not put your expertise to work helping your own kid's team? I'm sure after 1 practice with you your kid's D would have all their communication issues and slide packages fixed.
Also, the Hawks coach must be some kind of genius to take all of these soft, untalented defenseman and turn them into the stingiest unit in the DMV. Can't have it both ways haters: either the kids are pretty good or the coaching is pretty good. Or maybe even both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 3 elite teams that won tournaments played against other elite teams (and some no so elite) over the weekend, the relationship of GS to GA tells a tale:

Tiger XXVI GS 28 to GA 4 - 14%
Hawks GS 22 to GA 11 - 50%
LI Express GS 26 to GA 13 - 50%

In the world of elite lacrosse, is giving up 50% of the goals scored a good metric? Of the three champions, it seems that Hawks and LI Express fell below Tiger XXVI. A win is a win, but not standing out amongst lesser competition, may signal there is still work to be done.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 267 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard