Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 03:07 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:56 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:43 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:37 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:00 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,863
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 129 of 175 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 174 175
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #312627 10/20/20 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumors just don’t stop. The coach is still the same coach since they were in 3rd grade. He does much more than scream and yell. He has mentored and driven these kids in many ways. #22 is hurt. No fall Hoco because the coach believes the kids should still play other sports as well and most of them are on the football field all fall. Any other rumors needing to be addressed? And yes the Hawks and #22 are playing WSYL.[/quote]

Thanks for the update Rage...nobody cares.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #312628 10/20/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting post earlier stating that the UVA coach would rather take a raw kid from the west coast then a kid from lacrosse power house, hot beds like NJ, NY, MD etc. I think his actions speak louder then his essay as the following main line starters from their 2019 National Championship team all came from traditional lacrosse power states: Moore, Conrad, Aiken, Kraus, Laviano, Rock, Simmons, Kology, Smith, Conners, Herring and Rode. Based upon this data I am not sure I agree that playing for a raw west coast team garners more cred from guys like Lars then playing for Crabs, Express, Hawks, 91, etc. I have an open mind if you can show data to refute this data set. Point

I don't think he was saying that he would rather take a non-hotbed player than a hotbed player. What I believe he was saying was that given two equal players, he will lean towards taking the player that hasn't been coached up for the last 8 years. The diamond in the rough. Maybe that kid, with some quality coaching, makes the leap where the kid who has already been coached up may have already plateaued.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312631 10/20/20 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax Upstate def 91 MD 9-1
I heard 91 parents were losing their marbles and screaming non-stop as Sweetlax dominated them.

91 MD parents were not prepared for size and speed of SL. The game was over very quickly and the 91 parents started barking at their kids to play harder. It was ugly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312634 10/20/20 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<[ChillLaxin] stain on the sport.

It hasn't been beaten on enough and it needs to change. Calendar year should be the standard, not how many years of extra private school your family can afford.

So what team is your son affiliated with that has no holdbacks; I would love to hear this answer.
Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312640 10/20/20 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 MD parents were not prepared for size and speed of SL. The game was over very quickly and the 91 parents started barking at their kids to play harder. It was ugly.

91 parents continue to make fools of themselves. Talk about a stain on the sport. Look no further than 91

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #312641 10/20/20 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing in WSYL. https://capital.madlax.com/monuments

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312643 10/20/20 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ChillLaxin] stain on the sport.

It hasn't been beaten on enough and it needs to change. Calendar year should be the standard, not how many years of extra private school your family can afford.

So what team is your son affiliated with that has no holdbacks; I would love to hear this answer.

Not the other person who posted. There are pre K and K holdbacks and then there is reclassing 9 kids and making them take the same 7th grade year because there 2026 team was not good and they did not sell enough snake oil to get people to buy in. That is an embarrassment and makes the kids look like uneducated simpleton jocks who would be manipulated in to repeating a grade of school for the sake of lacrosse. I'm sure you and your buddy's are enjoying a cold one at Swallow's so proud of yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312644 10/20/20 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conveniently putting together an "All Star" team and playing in 2 one day tournaments a week before the qualifier to meet the minimum requirement. Doesn't really sound like a team that plays together on a regular basis.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312649 10/20/20 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 parents continue to make fools of themselves. Talk about a stain on the sport. Look no further than 91
My nephew payed for a PA team in Nightfall. My bro-in-law said he has never seen a group of parents yelling at their kids in a negative way as much as 91 and he's been around youth lax the past 15 years.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312653 10/20/20 03:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 parents should be yelling at themselves for letting thier kids play for that program.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312654 10/20/20 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nephew payed for a PA team in Nightfall. My bro-in-law said he has never seen a group of parents yelling at their kids in a negative way as much as 91 and he's been around youth lax the past 15 years.

Sounds about right. He should hit up an FCA game one day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312662 10/20/20 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conveniently putting together an "All Star" team and playing in 2 one day tournaments a week before the qualifier to meet the minimum requirement. Doesn't really sound like a team that plays together on a regular basis.

What Madlax is doing is fully within the rules. Do you think the LI Express team isn't made up of the best players from the several LI teams? Do you think that BBL doesn't hold a tryout for their WSYL team? There are other examples.

Let's be real. No team made up of 100% of its regular players ever wins this tournament.

The Hawks for instance are actively recruiting to fill several holdback slots with 2026 kids from other teams instead of calling up players from their 2027 squad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312679 10/20/20 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Madlax is doing is fully within the rules. Do you think the LI Express team isn't made up of the best players from the several LI teams? Do you think that BBL doesn't hold a tryout for their WSYL team? There are other examples.

Let's be real. No team made up of 100% of its regular players ever wins this tournament.

The Hawks for instance are actively recruiting to fill several holdback slots with 2026 kids from other teams instead of calling up players from their 2027 squad.

Hawks are ducking the Oktoberfest tournament this weekend were all the other real top 10 national teams are there playing (colorodo teams dont count). What MD team has beaten those teams other than the Hawks? & the Hawks have lost to several of those teams playing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312702 10/20/20 09:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are peoples prediction for top 5 in HOCO this spring at 2026?

1. Hawks
2. Looney
3. Crabs
4. Madlax
5. 91

6. BLC
7. VLC
8. Next Level

Pretty accurate, but here is my spring projection:

1. Hawks
2. Crabs
3. Looneys
4. MadLax
5. VLC
6. BLC
7. 91
8. No clue

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312725 10/21/20 03:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are peoples prediction for top 5 in HOCO this spring at 2026?

1. Hawks
2. Looney
3. Crabs
4. Madlax
5. 91

6. BLC
7. VLC
8. Next Level

Pretty accurate, but here is my spring projection:

1. Hawks
2. Crabs
3. Looneys