BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,768
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 73 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Forget express talk. I’m not talking about any team. I’m generally speaking. Let’s call the team Joeys lacrosse team ok. If Joeys lacrosse team had 85 kids at tryouts, 27 or so of those kids make the team. Some of those 27 might not play much in tight games. Some of those 27 may rarely come off the field. That’s top club lacrosse. Parents have to understand this. This isn’t PAL. If this team practices hard, if this team is coached well and Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL, congrats to the kids, congrats to the coaches, congrats to the parents. On the flip side of the coin. Now if Joeys lacrosse team grabs a couple kids a few months later, Joeys team grabs 4 more kids from Pennsylvania. Now the holidays pass, let’s grab 2 more kids from CT. Now the qualifier is coming let’s grab another all star from Delaware. Now I hear some stud up in the Rochester area wants on Joeys team, let’s grab him before the deadline too. Our 27 kids are now 37 kids. Joeys lacrosse team added 10 studs, now they are all stars at every position. A mixture of 5 teams playing on Joeys lacrosse team. I’m sorry if Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL doing this, it’s tainted. It’s not the same. If the national league all star team all wore Mets jerseys, the group with the Mets jerseys would win the World Series.

Theirs also a big difference when kids try-out for a team at tryouts and make it and kids being poached from another program half way through the season.

Poached? Or Leaving for a better team that makes them better? Cute that you still think children are “poached” and that the kid and parents are t leaving for something better.

when the coach or assistant coach walks up to you after a tourney and says if your son is interested in playing with them, give him a call, he will work something out for you and gives you his info, then yes it is called poaching.

It's their choice. Greener pastures... You seem angry with how 91 is performing. Why is it that an actual COACH of the team walked away and went to Express. Tells you something about that team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t let my son leave a team until the season was over. My sons team win/ loss record, isn’t as important than teaching him integrity. You don’t leave your guys. You don’t abandon your team. If your not happy, season ends, by all means go elsewhere. That’s how I was raised.That’s how my kids will be raised.

Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or it tells you something about the coach.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure why tolerating mediocrity became a virtue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity and commitment works both ways , players and coaches and the program directors as well as commitment from parents etc ..when a coach or coaches don’t show the same commitment by his own actions or lack of actions then it’s on the parents to make smart decisions for the future of there kid ..we all know the definition of insanity..and yes years and years of the same mistakes and lack of commitment makes you the fool for selling commitment to your kid ..so when you use words like integrity make sure to look at the man in the glass ! Son the ship is sinking captain has abandoned ship but let’s stay committed 🤦‍♂️.and FYI ..the coach you reference leaving was the only one trying to fix the ship ...players and parents knew it ..we were devastated when he left ..and waiting still for a replacement..let’s just drown son 🙄..it’s on the way

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We remember how “ Wolfpack “ got there best 3 players ? Short term memory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL has criteria..one thing is home address being within 100 mile radius of a clubs main address.That being said I doubt you will see any players from Rochester on the Express roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget express talk. I’m not talking about any team. I’m generally speaking. Let’s call the team Joeys lacrosse team ok. If Joeys lacrosse team had 85 kids at tryouts, 27 or so of those kids make the team. Some of those 27 might not play much in tight games. Some of those 27 may rarely come off the field. That’s top club lacrosse. Parents have to understand this. This isn’t PAL. If this team practices hard, if this team is coached well and Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL, congrats to the kids, congrats to the coaches, congrats to the parents. On the flip side of the coin. Now if Joeys lacrosse team grabs a couple kids a few months later, Joeys team grabs 4 more kids from Pennsylvania. Now the holidays pass, let’s grab 2 more kids from CT. Now the qualifier is coming let’s grab another all star from Delaware. Now I hear some stud up in the Rochester area wants on Joeys team, let’s grab him before the deadline too. Our 27 kids are now 37 kids. Joeys lacrosse team added 10 studs, now they are all stars at every position. A mixture of 5 teams playing on Joeys lacrosse team. I’m sorry if Joeys lacrosse team wins the WSYL doing this, it’s tainted. It’s not the same. If the national league all star team all wore Mets jerseys, the group with the Mets jerseys would win the World Series.

Mixing of teams with kids from different state weeks and months before to try and compete is worse then holdbacks who have been with a team from day one. Change my mind.

Hobsons choice!

There is value in team chemistry. Kids cobbled together from various teams may not have enough time to gel. So if your team has good chemistry that might be better than an all star roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me all of the Express talent is from Long Island ...no parents are happy about the Ct situation..Express Long Island should be from the island !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe me all of the Express talent is from Long Island ...no parents are happy about the Ct situation..Express Long Island should be from the island !

So they pulled CT kids in that aren't talented?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL has criteria..one thing is home address being within 100 mile radius of a clubs main address.That being said I doubt you will see any players from Rochester on the Express roster.

Speaking of, when are the rosters due for qualifiers? Does anyone have any idea?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was not an Express parent. It is just someone trying to start trouble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2/1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of, when are the rosters due for qualifiers? Does anyone have any idea?

They were due February 1st

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they pulled CT kids in that aren't talented?

The 24 holdback or something else ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2/1
Any idea when they list teams that are entered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 holdback? The crazy thing is with this world now going forward, almost everyone is going to be a holdback in the future. So kids will soon be playing kids all the same age. If everybody is a holdback, that means they are all equal playing age. People complain holdbacks have an unfair advantage. This is true. Now soon holdbacks will be playing with and against other holdbacks, so the future complaints will be double holdbacks. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Do we all think this will actually go off without a hitch by the end of March? Teams scrambling now just to get space indoor once or 2x a week. Doesn't translate well to outdoor competition. Teams will not be sharp.
2. How many teams from outside our region will be willing to travel. Texas stopped a few years ago, I am sure the West coast teams will think twice, Maryland doesn't really play because of age. Why is this made up event so important? Stay local, play the best teams right here at home and enjoy the summer, finally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an ounce of truth to that top statement. Great player and great kid, he fits right in with this group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Do we all think this will actually go off without a hitch by the end of March? Teams scrambling now just to get space indoor once or 2x a week. Doesn't translate well to outdoor competition. Teams will not be sharp.
2. How many teams from outside our region will be willing to travel. Texas stopped a few years ago, I am sure the West coast teams will think twice, Maryland doesn't really play because of age. Why is this made up event so important? Stay local, play the best teams right here at home and enjoy the summer, finally.

This year WSYL is in Maryland, so yes it is local. Teams will be fine, most kids will be ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the top 10 2026 Lax Clubs on the Island ? Yes Express A is #1 and No Express B doesn’t make the top 10. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the top 10 2026 Lax Clubs on the Island ? Yes Express A is #1 and No Express B doesn’t make the top 10. Thanks

Give it a rest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above has to be 91 parent justifying he waste of time and money 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Can’t protect little John forever..make sure your bumper sticker is in the bad when you wasted that 4 grand
No
It’s funny noweadays most clubs cost between $3500 to $4k. It’s ridiculous how much some of these clubs will charge. Just a few years ago these same clubs were half the cost.

We have 27ish on our squad. It will be interesting to see how and when they Pick the final roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above has to be 91 parent justifying he waste of time and money 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Can’t protect little John forever..make sure your bumper sticker is in the bad when you wasted that 4 grand
No
It’s funny noweadays most clubs cost between $3500 to $4k. It’s ridiculous how much some of these clubs will charge. Just a few years ago these same clubs were half the cost.

We have 27ish on our squad. It will be interesting to see how and when they Pick the final roster.

Final rosters have been submitted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy top 10
Express CoachC
Igloo
Roar
S2S
Legacy
True Blue
91 Orange Storm
Rebels
Express Wizorek
Turtles

Haven’t seen most since last year ,think this is accurate..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This might be the most trolling post we have seen in a while.........who's taking the bait?

Easy top 10
Express CoachC
Igloo
Roar
S2S
Legacy
True Blue
91 Orange Storm
Rebels
Express Wizorek
Turtles

Haven’t seen most since last year ,think this is accurate..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Express A
igloo
Outlaws
Li lax club
Turtles
Roar
Legacy
Moose Lax
Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This snow will make things interesting. I assume the maryland teams will be there since it is in maryland and all. They are probably practicing outside a few times a week already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we all need to do the right thing and support the 91 dads. they are going through a scary pandemic and need help. give them hugs and let them know they can get a tshirt from amazon or a 91 tournament. hopefully they are ok from covid. 2 pandemics at a time has to be tough. just remind them not to play machine because we dont need them hijacking another blog. snooze you lose big dogs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No just sick about hearing about 91 Dads and how Express is stealing players. There’s more to Li Lax then the two Orange teams !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Final rosters have been submitted

Final rosters HAVE NOT been submitted. FACT; WSYL has allowed all teams to list all eligible names (yes above 25+). They don't have to finalize players until right before the event. In case of covid, injury or cut,s the clubs have wiggle room and will not have to play short. Of course there are pros and cons to this decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This snow will make things interesting. I assume the maryland teams will be there since it is in maryland and all. They are probably practicing outside a few times a week already.

The south region will surprise!!!! Lots of practice down here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No just sick about hearing about 91 Dads and how Express is stealing players. There’s more to Li Lax then the two Orange teams !

So contribute something different to the conversation, Bro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More appropriate term for what 91 did is “ gave away players “ supposed to be premier club on Long Island and it was run like a PAL team ..nobody stole anything..more kids went to True Blue then Express lol..people ran away from Daddy ball ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More appropriate term for what 91 did is “ gave away players “ supposed to be premier club on Long Island and it was run like a PAL team ..nobody stole anything..more kids went to True Blue then Express lol..people ran away from Daddy ball ..

Definitely run like a PAL team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an ounce of truth to that top statement. Great player and great kid, he fits right in with this group.

What sideline are you on? Not all parents or players are thrilled about it. Team was great before also. Ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What sideline are you on? Not all parents or players are thrilled about it. Team was great before also. Ridiculous.

There has been a decent amount of talk about specific kids on this thread. It is a sure sign of jealousy. You are making a great team with great kids and families look bad. Please stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There has been a decent amount of talk about specific kids on this thread. It is a sure sign of jealousy. You are making a great team with great kids and families look bad. Please stop.
Not jealousy. Doesn’t have any effect on me or my kids. Just stating the truth. Funny how it’s ok to talk about Daddy coaches and the flight from 91 all ok there. Please don’t speak about what parents are saying on sidelines. No no no.
Stop. No one said anything derogatory about any kid.
Sorry Momma.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my opinion, but you don’t see the issue with a kid coming 3 hours away for an occasional practice, not interacting in any off the field get hang outs ,team unity stuff , just a tournament player ? And it’s not a little awkward for parents and kids ..ok ..then you were never involved in any team sports sorry ..sure it’s a great kid and family..just makes no sense 🙄

Page 33 of 73 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard