BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 170 of 268 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Repeating of 9th grade has become more common on LI when kids move from public to the athletic factory catholic schools. Not pervasive, but certainly more common. St. A's lax has a number of such kids throughout its program.

Seems like it's common everywhere. Was just watching Dyson Williams score a bunch for Duke. He's their 20 year old freshman.

hes from Hill Academy, most canadians are older when they come down to the states for college. but if you look

regular College freshamn 18
Holdback Freshman 19
holdback and postgrad year 20..

it happens more than you think..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was an entirely new staff last season, with the exception of the head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is SS seeded ahead of GC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Southside is seeded ahead of GC I would assume because the coaches of the league all agree that SouthSide has better players this year or at least a better team. Might be a stretch, but if ever there was a year for GC to be down a little, this is the year. That being said they will still run through most of their Nassau schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City is way down this year. Their 2020 class is really thin

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC coaches are smart enough to seed the team lower and use as motivation. Nothing new there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC coaches are smart enough to seed the team lower and use as motivation. Nothing new there.

So the GC coaches chose to be seeded lower this year? It was their choice? C'mon man, it's ok to have a "down" year. You're town will survive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Northeast Top 10

1 - St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
2 - Deerfield (Mass.)
3 - Chaminade (N.Y.)
4 - Salisbury (Conn.)
5 - Brunswick (Conn.)
6 - Shoreham-Wading River (N.Y.)
7 - Manhasset (N.Y.)
8 - Darien (Conn.)
9 - Victor (N.Y.)
10 - Garden City (N.Y.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Northeast Top 10

1 - St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
2 - Deerfield (Mass.)
3 - Chaminade (N.Y.)
4 - Salisbury (Conn.)
5 - Brunswick (Conn.)
7 - Manhasset (N.Y.)
8 - Darien (Conn.)
9 - Victor (N.Y.)
10 - Garden City (N.Y.)

Receiving Votes: Massapequa, Smithtown West, Ward Melville, Mt. Sinai, Jamesville DeWitt, Longmeadow, Lincoln Sudbury, Farmingdale, Harborfields

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be the first time in the last 40 yrs. GC is not seeded 1 or 2. They probably should be the two. They still have more stud players (4) thans SS (2) and are deeper. I'll wager dinner at the nice steakhouse in RVC that GC beats SS as many times as they face them this season... that being said, NO WAY GC is top ten in the east. That is a joke. Ditto for Harborfields and Farmingdale even receiving votes...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, there is no way GC lobbied for the 3d seed. Take a deep breath GC dad, likely '22 father...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Northeast Top 10

1 - St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
2 - Deerfield (Mass.)
3 - Chaminade (N.Y.)
4 - Salisbury (Conn.)
5 - Brunswick (Conn.)
7 - Manhasset (N.Y.)
8 - Darien (Conn.)
9 - Victor (N.Y.)
10 - Garden City (N.Y.)

Receiving Votes: Massapequa, Smithtown West, Ward Melville, Mt. Sinai, Jamesville DeWitt, Longmeadow, Lincoln Sudbury, Farmingdale, Harborfields

IMHO Mt. Sinai is the only one out of that group that has a shot a cracking the Top 10 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Northeast Top 10

1 - St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
2 - Deerfield (Mass.)
3 - Chaminade (N.Y.)
4 - Salisbury (Conn.)
5 - Brunswick (Conn.)
7 - Manhasset (N.Y.)
8 - Darien (Conn.)
9 - Victor (N.Y.)
10 - Garden City (N.Y.)

IMHO Mt. Sinai is the only one out of that group that has a shot a cracking the Top 10 this year.

Wait, what about WI? I hear they're going to DOMINATE this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be surprised if CSH is not in the mix. They graduated one starter from last year's team. That's why they play the games. Will check back in May

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be the first time in the last 40 yrs. GC is not seeded 1 or 2. They probably should be the two. They still have more stud players (4) thans SS (2) and are deeper. I'll wager dinner at the nice steakhouse in RVC that GC beats SS as many times as they face them this season... that being said, NO WAY GC is top ten in the east. That is a joke. Ditto for Harborfields and Farmingdale even receiving votes...

County championship will be SS v Manhasset. GC will go home early this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL Northeast Top 10

1 - St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
2 - Deerfield (Mass.)
3 - Chaminade (N.Y.)
4 - Salisbury (Conn.)
5 - Brunswick (Conn.)
7 - Manhasset (N.Y.)
8 - Darien (Conn.)
9 - Victor (N.Y.)
10 - Garden City (N.Y.)

Wait, what about WI? I hear they're going to DOMINATE this year

Yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't seen the list of 25. How many in that list are public schools?

I don't know all the schools to be able to tell you public vs private but here is the list. However it would appear the majority by quite a large margin is private. Top 9?
1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
10. Shoreham-Wading River (N.Y.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
14. Seton Hall Prep (N.J.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
16. Loyola Blakefield (Md.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
20. Torrey Pines (Calif.)
21. Georgetown Prep (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Amazing how many top 10 teams have college freshman playing for them. Looking at this list, it seems very difficult to crack the top 10-20 teams without college freshman on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm woundering how many State Championships dose the power house Massapequa have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm woundering how many State Championships dose the power house Massapequa have.

2 in the last 5 years.....is that good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know all the schools to be able to tell you public vs private but here is the list. However it would appear the majority by quite a large margin is private. Top 9?
1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Amazing how many top 10 teams have college freshman playing for them. Looking at this list, it seems very difficult to crack the top 10-20 teams without college freshman on your team.

I see 5 public, possibly a six in Torrey Pines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Calvert Hall (Md.)
2. St. Anthony's (N.Y.)
3. Culver (Ind.)
4. Deerfield (Mass.)
5. Chaminade (N.Y.)
6. Salisbury (Conn.)
7. Malvern Prep (Pa.)
8. Bullis (Md.)
9. Brunswick (Conn.)
11. Gonzaga (D.C.)
12. McDonogh (Md.)
13. Hill Academy (Ont.)
15. Delbarton (N.J.)
17. Manhasset (N.Y.)
18. Darien (Conn.)
19. Boys' Latin (Md.)
22. Gilman (Md.)
23. Haverford (Pa.)
24. Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
25. Victor (N.Y.)

Stop your crying. They are not college freshman yet, just a year older in high school. If it bothers you so much and your kid is having a hard time running with them, pick another sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Dematha?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dopey take on GC. They are deep with kids who have not been recruited.....GC is not top 25 in the region this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dopey take on GC. They are deep with kids who have not been recruited.....GC is not top 25 in the region this year.

Who cares about nonsensical "pre-season rankings". Let's reconvene at the end of the season and see who has won a County/LI/State championship. Pre-Season Rankings are ridiculous, Massapequa wasn't even ranked in last years pre-season, yet won an NYS championship, I would rather have that, you can keep your dopey pre-season rank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, deep with average high school players, that is why it is a down year by GC standards. What exactly was dopey or off the mark about the post regarding "it may be the first time..."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Hall! Good Luck to everyone else!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
would love to see someone do a TOP 25 PUBLIC ONLY and a TOP 25 PRIVATE ONLY it truly is apples and oranges ..... But yet Set and GC can play with them all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, deep with average high school players, that is why it is a down year by GC standards. What exactly was dopey or off the mark about the post regarding "it may be the first time..."

Four GC "studs" was sort of dopey.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad and pathetic that some of these kids are 19 and 20 seniors. Just a sad fact. I enjoy reading these going nowhere stories. Let them play the sport. Few of them will benefit society. This sport is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad and pathetic that some of these kids are 19 and 20 seniors. Just a sad fact. I enjoy reading these going nowhere stories. Let them play the sport. Few of them will benefit society. This sport is a joke.

Do you think this is the only sport doing this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think this is the only sport doing this?

I think St.A's has a senior in this category. I guess people do what's best for their family. I never agreed with the reasoning behind it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Right, deep with average high school players, that is why it is a down year by GC standards. What exactly was dopey or off the mark about the post regarding "it may be the first time..."

Four GC "studs" was sort of dopey....."

Ok, sorry. I was trying not to totally disparage GC and compliment where due. In my view they have four very strong players. 1D, 2M and 1 A/M lefty, depending on where they use him.

Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dopier then referring to kids as a unfixed makes horse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Right, deep with average high school players, that is why it is a down year by GC standards. What exactly was dopey or off the mark about the post regarding "it may be the first time..."

Four GC "studs" was sort of dopey....."

Ok, sorry. I was trying not to totally disparage GC and compliment where due. In my view they have four very strong players. 1D, 2M and 1 A/M lefty, depending on where they use him.

Good luck

Let me put it this way......If the GC v Manhasset goal differential was 6.....I would be taking the over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re all pathetic insects. Bickering over trivial problems. Make yourselves useful and actually do something instead of sitting behind your computer screens and save the planet. Gaia is dying and you pathetic apes only care about is sports. Look at the state of the world, the planet is suffering because you are choosing to do nothing.
I am sure some pathetic parent is gonna say something to this. Your ancestors didn’t sacrifice their lives so you could vicariously watch the world burn from a monitor. It’s pathetic how you apes only care for are materialistic wants and foolish desire of violent sports.
The choice should be to abolish all sports and move toward replenishing the planet and take care of it. Gaia gave you life, why would you treat your mother like this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re all pathetic insects. Bickering over trivial problems. Make yourselves useful and actually do something instead of sitting behind your computer screens and save the planet. Gaia is dying and you pathetic apes only care about is sports. Look at the state of the world, the planet is suffering because you are choosing to do nothing.
I am sure some pathetic parent is gonna say something to this. Your ancestors didn’t sacrifice their lives so you could vicariously watch the world burn from a monitor. It’s pathetic how you apes only care for are materialistic wants and foolish desire of violent sports.
The choice should be to abolish all sports and move toward replenishing the planet and take care of it. Gaia gave you life, why would you treat your mother like this

I lost you there. Are we pathetic insects or apes? I believe apes eat insects...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on Mom. Stop typing and go support Bernie. He's dying for votes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn’t know AOC was a lacrosse fan
Feel the Bern

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take away........We apes & insects must thoroughly dispose of our red solo cups at all tourneys this season. Don't want to [ChillLaxin] off Gaia. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NESCAC shut down all spring sports this morning. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get to the High school level with school closures.

Like Reply Quote
Page 170 of 268 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard