BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2022-10th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. They led the whole way and won pretty easily.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. It was a one goal game, but 91 led most of the way I believe and by several goals. All good teams, but I thought in that two week stretch, 91 was the best I saw. Who knows who was missing players and who was full strength. Good Lax all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid goes to a big school with a great lax program he has a really good shot at getting a ride through school. But if your school program is weak travel is the next best thing! My son has been playing travel since 1st grade and things have changed dramatically in the last few years for the worse! Their are so many clubs now these club teams have no depth. Most of the time the top players are also top players in other sports so if they don't show for a tourne the teams really breaks down! At this age I don't think it matters if your on a top AA team or a B team, as long as he gets seen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid goes to a big school with a great lax program he has a really good shot at getting a ride through school. But if your school program is weak travel is the next best thing! My son has been playing travel since 1st grade and things have changed dramatically in the last few years for the worse! Their are so many clubs now these club teams have no depth. Most of the time the top players are also top players in other sports so if they don't show for a tourne the teams really breaks down! At this age I don't think it matters if your on a top AA team or a B team, as long as he gets seen!

I’ll disagree. The coaches will more often watch the good teams at team showcases. They won’t be lining up for B teams, sorry. I am speaking from experience. That’s why it’s up to club to play the best competition without getting blown out. And don’t make highlight film vs below average competition. The coach looks at the player and who the player is competing against. As for HS, yes, they’ll go to the better games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things have really changed in that part of lacrosse! If your kid is a late bloomer it’s a problem. My son tried out for several clubs in July and they said he was to small! In three months he grew 7 inches and put on twenty pounds and filled in at one of the fall tourneys and dominated!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things have really changed in that part of lacrosse! If your kid is a late bloomer it’s a problem. My son tried out for several clubs in July and they said he was to small! In three months he grew 7 inches and put on twenty pounds and filled in at one of the fall tourneys and dominated!

Have your son do a one year PG and have him tryout for another club team next summer. He'll get noticed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
real question, what happens with the high end players who are obvious D1 recruits at this grade level with the college coaches not being allow to communicate with them? is interest expressed to and thru club coaches etc? how much is communicated about where they stand as a potential recruit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
real question, what happens with the high end players who are obvious D1 recruits at this grade level with the college coaches not being allow to communicate with them? is interest expressed to and thru club coaches etc? how much is communicated about where they stand as a potential recruit?

Yes, they will communicate with one of the players coaches, be it club or HS. They will communicate as much as they are willing to discuss, up to making an unofficial offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Express with coach C this weekend? Let hear the excuses. By the look of things he needs to revamp his team again.

If you know anything fall ball is fall ball. Worry after there is no more football and kids aren't hurt from other sports.

The CoachC team is lacking on Defense. They are very slow to react and are missing slides constantly! That's the difference this year from past years !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has you club given you your summer tourney schedule yet?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has you club given you your summer tourney schedule yet?

Yes we have them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Express with coach C this weekend? Let hear the excuses. By the look of things he needs to revamp his team again.

If you know anything fall ball is fall ball. Worry after there is no more football and kids aren't hurt from other sports.

The CoachC team is lacking on Defense. They are very slow to react and are missing slides constantly! That's the difference this year from past years !

Kinda typical for those teams once HS comes. Usually the roster in 7th grade, is the mostly the same in 10th, because the roster adds aren’t good enough to play on that level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think kids can still get picked on a travel team between now and spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be tough, but doesn't hurt to email clubs and ask the question. Worst that happens is they reply saying roster is full.
Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility they ask you to come down to a practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CoachC will put you on a team, 100%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. But parents go willingly to teams, regardless. If you join a team with more than 9 middies and 6 attack and 6 poles, you are just plain .....! You fill in the blanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. But parents go willingly to teams, regardless. If you join a team with more than 9 middies and 6 attack and 6 poles, you are just plain .....! You fill in the blanks.

www.USCL.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

www.USCL.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age your kid doesn’t even have to play travel! Play school, train and do showcases and prospect days. Don’t give these bloodsuckers your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age your kid doesn’t even have to play travel! Play school, train and do showcases and prospect days. Don’t give these bloodsuckers your money

Agreed, prospect days are the best bang for your buck. That, and the NYS Regional Games for sure. If your kid is good he'll be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aaaaaannnnooottt! NYs games, Suffolk or Nassau lax teams, to many hands in the crooked pot! I've seen kids play with my son on the Suffolk team twice that never tried out, that means other kids paid th hundred bucks, tried out and got bumped for other kids that didn't even show up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aaaaaannnnooottt! NYs games, Suffolk or Nassau lax teams, to many hands in the crooked pot! I've seen kids play with my son on the Suffolk team twice that never tried out, that means other kids paid th hundred bucks, tried out and got bumped for other kids that didn't even show up!

Fair enough, but it's tough to argue the exposure. First round, Top 50 Game & the Nassau/Suffolk game are packed with college coaches. Plus, if your HS coach is doing his job he'll be networking on your son's behalf based on the schools that your son is interested in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. I’m looking at some of these travel teams. How does 91 smash have a goalie who lives in Massachusetts? I also noticed that the Wolfpack goalie was form North Carolina. Do these kids never go to practice and just show up for tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash also has an attackmen from upstate NY. A goalie from North Carolina. You can keep going with these teams. CoachC has players from Indiana, Florida and Texas. They call themselves LI teams, but really they are national teams. Anything to win, right? Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
travel lax is starting to flounder because the system is tainted! It’s a business and they want the biggest and best, winning teams draw the money but if your kid is okay or a late bloomer your just paying the tab for the club. This is not what they preach but this reality!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. I’m looking at some of these travel teams. How does 91 smash have a goalie who lives in Massachusetts? I also noticed that the Wolfpack goalie was form North Carolina. Do these kids never go to practice and just show up for tourneys?

Gotcha. But they obviously can’t practice with the team. So they don’t practice with the team all year and then show up for tournament season ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash also has an attackmen from upstate NY. A goalie from North Carolina. You can keep going with these teams. CoachC has players from Indiana, Florida and Texas. They call themselves LI teams, but really they are national teams. Anything to win, right? Pathetic.

At this stage, this summer, fall and next summer is the time. It should be just being on a competitively built team. Tournament wins don’t mean anything any longer. If your son is on a team that was not competitive in the fall, you are wasting time money. Unless, your son just likes playing and enjoys the game and doesn’t care about recruiting, which is all good. If your sons team is focused on recruiting and is playing in showcase events this summer, you must compete. Coaches will watch the more competitive games more closely. Also, find a team where you maximize playing team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With showcases and prospect days you don’t even need travel! Play school and do the rest on your own and save a ton of money. The amount of kids getting looks playing travel is small, don’t get stunk in by the travel club sh-heads!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With showcases and prospect days you don’t even need travel! Play school and do the rest on your own and save a ton of money. The amount of kids getting looks playing travel is small, don’t get stunk in by the travel club sh-heads!

You can been seen at any school you want. Go to a prospect day and if your son has a good showing and has true interest in the school, send a follow up email to the coaches. And even if they don’t respond, and it’s after Sept 1, follow up again with film either way.. Also don’t be shy to ask your HS or Club to email the coach as well. If still nothing, focus on other options, but stay active. A coach mentioned to us at a recent prospect day, that he watches less than a minute of your sons highlights. He recommended keeping the film under 3 minutes with the best stuff first. He also said be mindful of the music. And most importantly be sure to show real interest in the school, coaches want to know that. Take it or not, just sharing some my experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't really matter because some of the kids will not get into any significant academic college. They'll wind up working for my son at a fraction of the pay scale. But hey, they were great in High School! SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts about "Run with the Best" Showcase on 5/30 at Stony Brook?

Is it worth the $250 entry fee?

Thanks for any insight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't really matter because some of the kids will not get into any significant academic college. They'll wind up working for my son at a fraction of the pay scale. But hey, they were great in High School! SMH

uber BadPerson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What entails the fitness test the kids have to take to play up on varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big Kahoonas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts about "Run with the Best" Showcase on 5/30 at Stony Brook?

Is it worth the $250 entry fee?

Thanks for any insight!

I would invest in prospect days. The run is better and the coaches see every kid. Team showcases sometimes aren’t good based on the team. Get on a team without a true fogo and it stinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not easy at all - there is a website that shows what it involves - State of NY Athletic Placement Process. It is definitely a process. begins with formal correspondence between parent and athletic director (and it is all expedited at their convenience), permissions, physical maturation test, coaches evaluation, physical fitness test, try out evaluations, etc. The process takes months. hope this helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sophomores don’t need it. Only 8th grade to move up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not easy at all - there is a website that shows what it involves - State of NY Athletic Placement Process. It is definitely a process. begins with formal correspondence between parent and athletic director (and it is all expedited at their convenience), permissions, physical maturation test, coaches evaluation, physical fitness test, try out evaluations, etc. The process takes months. hope this helps

it takes less than a week.. my son did it last year..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if there is no travel lacrosse this summer what happens when recruiting opens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if there is no travel lacrosse this summer what happens when recruiting opens

Fall lacrosse for any kid that is not already on a school's radar.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard