BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 52 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science"

Your post is the exact reason a higher education matters. Please go back to your rigorous electrical school training and speak to your non elitist professor in regard to the use of their and there. Also what the heck is a major in " numbers and science". Are you trying to say that a major in science such as biology at UMD is easy.
Your right, I asked my non elitist professor about their and there and he said turn off spell check. But seems as your so much smarter than me and every other electrician maybe you can answer this for us? I want to run a circuit in you castle that is 300' away using #12 than copper wire o a 20 amp breaker, Using 2x K I L / cmil will I drop below 3% and burn your castle to the ground? this should be easy for a vastly educated individual such as yourself, its basic trig

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys, stop swinging your money makers and let's get back to lacrosse.

Playoffs this weekend. Who wins? Which are the sure bets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your Idea of "higher education" is overspending on elitist liberals that can't do the thing they teach in the real world ( those that can do, those that can't teach) 99% of the parents that come on this site don't really care what there kids study in college, otherwise that would dominate the conversation. 99% of the parents on this site want to brag that there kid is a top recruit at a US News top 100 school. Thats why half the UMD roster has a major in Numbers and science"

Your post is the exact reason a higher education matters. Please go back to your rigorous electrical school training and speak to your non elitist professor in regard to the use of their and there. Also what the heck is a major in " numbers and science". Are you trying to say that a major in science such as biology at UMD is easy.
Your right, I asked my non elitist professor about their and there and he said turn off spell check. But seems as your so much smarter than me and every other electrician maybe you can answer this for us? I want to run a circuit in you castle that is 300' away using #12 than copper wire o a 20 amp breaker, Using 2x K I L / cmil will I drop below 3% and burn your castle to the ground? this should be easy for a vastly educated individual such as yourself, its basic trig

Its not a spell check correction Einstein. As far as your electrical question I would hire an actual electrical engineer with a college degree not some apex tech degree wannabee. You are correct there are many well off uneducated individuals like you claim to be but given the choice I would rather be well educated and well off. You can have all the money in the world and I would bet people who know you still think you are not the brightest bulb in the closet, maybe with your extensive electrical knowledge you can brighten it up a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would hire an electrical engineer from Northwestern to figure it out and then go to lunch and have a Martini.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure this will change a bit after an upset or two this weekend but for now here is a best guess by USLacrossemagazine...

PROJECTED BRACKET
Bracketing procedures:

The committee seeds the top 8 teams to host first- and second-round games. All other teams are unseeded and will be placed geographically, while keeping bracket integrity when possible.

Conference matchups are to be avoided in the first round.

This year there are 15 automatic qualifiers, which means the four weakest resumes are assigned to play-in games on Tuesday, May 7 or Wednesday, May 8, on the campus of the stronger team. No at-large teams will be selected for the play-in games. Those play-in winners will travel to the No. 7 and No. 8 seeds.

It’s possible a seeded team may not host due to factors such as facility availability. We anticipate each seed hosting and bracket them accordingly, but the committee may not have that option.

The seven and eight seeds host two games in the first round leading to a second-round game at its home site, while the top six seeds get byes into the second round.

Play-in Games

Furman (SOUTHERN) at Jacksonville (ATLANTIC SUN)

Fairfield (MAAC) at Mount St. Mary’s (NORTHEAST)

College Park, Md.

Penn vs. Johns Hopkins

Winner plays at (1) Maryland (BIG TEN)

Ann Arbor, Mich.

Furman (SOCON)/Jacksonville (A-SUN) at (8) Michigan

Notre Dame vs. Colorado

Syracuse, N.Y.

Stony Brook (AMERICA EAST) vs. Stanford

Winner plays at (4) Syracuse

Charlottesville, Va.

Navy vs. Duke

Winner plays at (5) Virginia

Newton, Mass.

Denver (BIG EAST) vs. Dartmouth

Winner plays at (2) Boston College

Princeton, N.J.

Fairfield (MAAC)/Mount St. Mary’s (NEC) at (7) Princeton (IVY)

Loyola (PATRIOT) vs. Richmond (A-10)

Chapel Hill, N.C.

James Madison (CAA) vs. High Point (BIG SOUTH)

Winner play at (3) North Carolina (ACC)

Evanston, Ill.

Florida (AMERICAN) vs. USC (PAC-12)

Winner plays at (6) Northwestern

Last Four In: Penn, Stanford, Johns Hopkins, Duke

Last Four Out: Penn State, Massachusetts, Hofstra, Georgetown

Moving In: Duke, Richmond

Moving Out: Massachusetts, Penn State

Multi-bid Conferences: ACC (6), Big Ten (4), Ivy League (3), Pac-12 (3), Patriot (2)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would hire an electrical engineer from Northwestern to figure it out and then go to lunch and have a Martini.

I don't think that you will find one on the lacrosse team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jealousy never ends... Here is a reality for you. There are young women who are better than your daughter on the field as well as in the classroom. These young women will go to great schools and play for the most competitive lacrosse programs. The majority of those young women will develop in all areas of their lives and will become successful in their chosen endeavors. Some will become teachers and coaches, some will go to Wall Street or Big Business, some will go to graduate school, some to law school, some to med school, some will be homemakers, some will become engineers, some will work for the federal government, some will become cops some will struggle to find their way, some will go into politics etc..

Here is a fact: If your daughter is a really good lacrosse player as well as a good student she can go to:

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Syracuse 551
5 Northwestern
6 Virginia
7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan
9 Princeton
10 James Madison
11 Loyola
12 Penn
13 Duke
14 Navy
15 Denver
16 Southern California
17 Stony Brook
T-18 Dartmouth
T-18 Florida
20 Colorado
21 Johns Hopkins
22 Stanford
23 Virginia Tech
24 High Point
25 Penn State
RV Georgetown

The beauty of girls lacrosse is... even if your daughter is just an average athlete / lacrosse player there are many good options for for her.

Hate all that you want... it will not make your daughter any better and it will not hurt the your women who do better on the field or in the classroom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The jealousy never ends... Here is a reality for you. There are young women who are better than your daughter on the field as well as in the classroom. These young women will go to great schools and play for the most competitive lacrosse programs. The majority of those young women will develop in all areas of their lives and will become successful in their chosen endeavors. Some will become teachers and coaches, some will go to Wall Street or Big Business, some will go to graduate school, some to law school, some to med school, some will be homemakers, some will become engineers, some will work for the federal government, some will become cops some will struggle to find their way, some will go into politics etc..

Here is a fact: If your daughter is a really good lacrosse player as well as a good student she can go to:

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Syracuse 551
5 Northwestern
6 Virginia
7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan
9 Princeton
10 James Madison
11 Loyola
12 Penn
13 Duke
14 Navy
15 Denver
16 Southern California
17 Stony Brook
T-18 Dartmouth
T-18 Florida
20 Colorado
21 Johns Hopkins
22 Stanford
23 Virginia Tech
24 High Point
25 Penn State
RV Georgetown

The beauty of girls lacrosse is... even if your daughter is just an average athlete / lacrosse player there are many good options for for her.

Hate all that you want... it will not make your daughter any better and it will not hurt the your women who do better on the field or in the classroom.

Well said, could not agree more and a burn of the haters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the SBU game , what a joke. Sorry but that conference is hideous and Spallina is s clown , game over before it began and you have a couple kids who take shot after shot. I get it’s D1 college lacrosse ( barely ) but to obviously have a kid just running up their stats and keeping in your starters the whole game is ridiculous. It’s no wonder that more LI lacrosse fans hope they lose than any other college team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the SBU game , what a joke. Sorry but that conference is hideous and Spallina is s clown , game over before it began and you have a couple kids who take shot after shot. I get it’s D1 college lacrosse ( barely ) but to obviously have a kid just running up their stats and keeping in your starters the whole game is ridiculous. It’s no wonder that more LI lacrosse fans hope they lose than any other college team.

Did not see the game but will tell you that SBU is very good. There conference is no more hideous than many others. Lets face it, there are 20 - 25 strong teams on any given year and there are about 15 teams that are consistently very good (top 20 every year). Stony Brook has done an incredible job, they have become one of the Top 10 - 15 programs in the country. As far as conferences go you have The ACC which is stacked, North Carolina, Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame and Duke are always good. The Big Ten has Maryland, Northwestern and Hopkins who are always in the mix and it now looks like Michigan has arrived. In the Ivy it is traditionally Princeton and Penn but similar to Michigan it looks like Dartmouth is now a solid program. PAC 12 is USC and Stanford with Colorado picking it up. Patriot is Loyola and in recent years Navy has become competitive. CAA has been owned by JMU who has probably won it 8 of the 10 years.

Stony Brook has to make sure their starters are ready for the NCAA Tournament.

Any team can beat any team on any given day but the good programs win on a consistently over time and Stony Brook has proven they can do that.

Everybody does not get a trophy and NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse is not High School or PAL (which are about the same).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did not see the game but will tell you that SBU is very good. There conference is no more hideous than many others. Lets face it, there are 20 - 25 strong teams on any given year and there are about 15 teams that are consistently very good (top 20 every year). Stony Brook has done an incredible job, they have become one of the Top 10 - 15 programs in the country. As far as conferences go you have The ACC which is stacked, North Carolina, Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame and Duke are always good. The Big Ten has Maryland, Northwestern and Hopkins who are always in the mix and it now looks like Michigan has arrived. In the Ivy it is traditionally Princeton and Penn but similar to Michigan it looks like Dartmouth is now a solid program. PAC 12 is USC and Stanford with Colorado picking it up. Patriot is Loyola and in recent years Navy has become competitive. CAA has been owned by JMU who has probably won it 8 of the 10 years.

Any team can beat any team on any given day but the good programs win on a consistently over time and Stony Brook has proven they can do that.

Everybody does not get a trophy and NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse is not High School or PAL (which are about the same).

Forgot Penn Stat in the Big 10.. The are a Top 15 Program .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most all polls have Penn State at 25ish. They had a couple years were they were just inside top 20, one good win in ncaa tournament over Princeton a couple years ago had them near top 10 (underserved) starting out the following year and they fell down to earth quickly. Decent team to be considered top 15 in their best years and back and forth to about 30. This is their range. So they may be a contender in the BIG10, but in the big picture, not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn state was in the final 4 a few years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College athletics and the playoffs fun time of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most all polls have Penn State at 25ish. They had a couple years were they were just inside top 20, one good win in ncaa tournament over Princeton a couple years ago had them near top 10 (underserved) starting out the following year and they fell down to earth quickly. Decent team to be considered top 15 in their best years and back and forth to about 30. This is their range. So they may be a contender in the BIG10, but in the big picture, not so much.

Once again we have a know nothing hater spewing lies and misinformation.

Here are some facts regarding PSU: Final End of Season Raking by year for Penn State

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

Penn State is absolutely one of the Top 10 - 15 Programs in the country. Penn State is one of about 12 - 15 Programs that has "finished" the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past 5 - 8 years. They have been to Two Final Fours in the past four years.

Maryland, Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Syracuse, Northwestern, Princeton, Penn, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame and "Penn State" are always there at the end of the season. Duke, Loyola are also probably in the mix. USC right there as well.

Those are the Top Programs. Not teams that have a good year every now and then.

Michigan and Dartmouth will most likely be the next two programs that are consistently Top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why go to a game that you have no love for? That's the real joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did not see the game but will tell you that SBU is very good. There conference is no more hideous than many others. Lets face it, there are 20 - 25 strong teams on any given year and there are about 15 teams that are consistently very good (top 20 every year). Stony Brook has done an incredible job, they have become one of the Top 10 - 15 programs in the country. As far as conferences go you have The ACC which is stacked, North Carolina, Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame and Duke are always good. The Big Ten has Maryland, Northwestern and Hopkins who are always in the mix and it now looks like Michigan has arrived. In the Ivy it is traditionally Princeton and Penn but similar to Michigan it looks like Dartmouth is now a solid program. PAC 12 is USC and Stanford
with Colorado picking it up. Patriot is Loyola and in recent years Navy has become competitive. CAA has been owned by JMU who has probably won it 8 of the 10 years.

Here are some facts regarding PSU: Final End of Season Raking by year for Penn State

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

Penn State is absolutely one of the Top 10 - 15 Programs in the country. Penn State is one of about 12 - 15 Programs that has "finished" the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past 5 - 8 years. They have been to Two Final Fours in the past four years.

Maryland, Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Syracuse, Northwestern, Princeton, Penn, Stony Brook, Florida, Notre Dame and "Penn State" are always there at the end of the season. Duke, Loyola are also probably in the mix. USC right there as well.

Michigan and Dartmouth will most likely be the next two programs that are consistently Top 20.

2018 10-10 record...bit of a gift #18 ranking no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly went to game because I wanted to see SBU play in person and I don't "love" any specific program but do root for several .Have watched SBU play on line a few times the last few years. Usually its a flop fest but did not see a lot of that at the game but could be they did not feel the need in such a non competitive game. Again its just a difference of opinion but I find it hard to root for a team that keeps their starters in to run up their stats against over matched opponents and the head grabbing flopping defense ,dive to the ground after they shoot offense, flag waving obnoxious fans, self promoting circus coached team. To each his own but there is a reason most fans and coaches of college teams dislike SBU and its not because they are good. Its like florida with less talented players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did not see the game but will tell you that SBU is very good. There conference is no more hideous than many others. Lets face it, there are 20 - 25 strong teams on any given year and there are about 15 teams that are consistently very good (top 20 every year). Stony Brook has done an incredible job, they have become one of the Top 10 - 15 programs in the country. As far as conferences go you have The ACC which is stacked, North Carolina, Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame and Duke are always good. The Big Ten has Maryland, Northwestern and Hopkins who are always in the mix and it now looks like Michigan has arrived. In the Ivy it is traditionally Princeton and Penn but similar to Michigan it looks like Dartmouth is now a solid program. PAC 12 is USC and Stanford
with Colorado picking it up. Patriot is Loyola and in recent years Navy has become competitive. CAA has been owned by JMU who has probably won it 8 of the 10 years.

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

Once again someone trying to change the debate. Penn State is one of the 15 Best Programs in the country. The first joker said they finished just inside the top 20 a couple of times and had one playoff win over Princeton, said they are like a top 30 team. All inaccurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly went to game because I wanted to see SBU play in person and I don't "love" any specific program but do root for several .Have watched SBU play on line a few times the last few years. Usually its a flop fest but did not see a lot of that at the game but could be they did not feel the need in such a non competitive game. Again its just a difference of opinion but I find it hard to root for a team that keeps their starters in to run up their stats against over matched opponents and the head grabbing flopping defense ,dive to the ground after they shoot offense, flag waving obnoxious fans, self promoting circus coached team. To each his own but there is a reason most fans and coaches of college teams dislike SBU and its not because they are good. Its like florida with less talented players.

Wandered into a Game at 11am on a Thursday sounds odd or more likely a lie. No skin here but I went and looked and SB played 20 players which is over the average that a majority of teams play and way over what my daughters team plays As far as the "dislike" thousands of kids play lacrosse on LI around 10 stay home the rest go away as long as I've been around this wacky sport Every parent wants their kids team to be the best and thinks they are. Common ground is usually the local teams. as far as the coach would love for him to be coaching my daughters team that plays in a Major conference. Just enjoy it. Keep it positive most of us on here are parents that need our fix of lacrosse chat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

No. just checked their schedule. You can't judge teams by their record. Teams that play top quality teams may not end up with a good record and a team may have a great record playing weak competition.

Penn State is one of the Top 10 -15 Programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Programs and coaches can't just change what league that they play in.
Really enough about Stony Brooks league we know and read it every season.

As far as subbing goes take a look at Box scores and you will see that women lacrosse is not like mens much less subbing (still don't know how middies can play a whole game ).

Just looked up last Three NCAA Playoff game losses for Stony Brook
Maryland by 1
Syracuse by 1
BC OT by 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everybody does not get a trophy and NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse is not High School or PAL (which are about the same).[/quote]

Forgot Penn Stat in the Big 10.. The are a Top 15 Program .[/quote]

[/quote]

2011 - 15
2012 - 11
2013 - 6
2014 - 13
2015 - 5
2016 - 4 Final Four
2017 - 3 Final Four
2018 - 18

No. just checked their schedule. You can't judge teams by their record. Teams that play top quality teams may not end up with a good record and a team may have a great record playing weak competition.

Penn State is one of the Top 10 -15 Programs.[/quote]

Agreed and Penn State suffered a major injury to their best player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can tell you this my daughters team is on the bubble We are Big Stony Brook and JMu supporters this weekend JMU and SB are in regardless of their championship results if they lose it bursts the bubble of teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can tell you this my daughters team is on the bubble We are Big Stony Brook and JMu supporters this weekend JMU and SB are in regardless of their championship results if they lose it bursts the bubble of teams

Can't see either losing but you never know. Go JMU, Go SBU ; )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Wandered into a Game at 11am on a Thursday sounds odd or more likely a lie. No skin here but I went and looked and SB played 20 players which is over the average that a majority of teams play and way over what my daughters team plays As far as the "dislike" thousands of kids play lacrosse on LI around 10 stay home the rest go away as long as I've been around this wacky sport Every parent wants their kids team to be the best and thinks they are. Common ground is usually the local teams. as far as the coach would love for him to be coaching my daughters team that plays in a Major conference. Just enjoy it. Keep it positive most of us on here are parents that need our fix of lacrosse chat"

Its one of the annoying things about SBU fans, reading comprehension. Did not say I wandered anywhere,actually said I wanted to see them play. Your " my kid plays in a major conference" but would love for Spallina to be coaching her team seems more like the thought process of every parent as in " my kids team is so talented but we lose because our coach is terrible" when in reality its not the coaching but just the better teams are more talented.The fact that you point out he played like 20 players shows your lack of reading comprehension again as he kept his stat padding players in the whole game as he has done for years, the offensive records his players have set are a joke as he leaves those kids in to run up their stats in a terrible conference in blowout games. Ask your kids coaches what they think of SBU and the coaches antics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State not a top 10-15 team the last two years...8-9 this year, i looked at their record...best win, 1goal against an overrated Hopkins team...like someone said before,all well and good you play a tough schedule, you need to win some of them, Penn State lost to every good team they played, UMD by 11 goals also...Just like upstart Michigan, i have a hard time seeing a team in the top ten with multi 10+ goal game loses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Syracuse 551
5 Northwestern
6 Virginia
7 Notre Dame
8 Michigan
9 Princeton
10 James Madison
11 Loyola
12 Penn
13 Duke
14 Navy
15 Denver
16 Southern California
17 Stony Brook
T-18 Dartmouth
T-18 Florida
20 Colorado
21 Johns Hopkins
22 Stanford
23 Virginia Tech
24 High Point
25 Penn State
RV Georgetown

Well said, could not agree more and a burn of the haters.
Are you all proud of yourselves, the original topic was what lower ranked schools would want Halfpenny or O'leary coach for them, but of course it has, once again deteriorated into "my daughters school is better than yours" by a bunch of parents that never played the game themselves. I agree that many woman leave those schools listed well rounded and become very successful, but the implication that a woman that has attended William and Mary, or yes, even Old Dominion, will not achieve the same level of success is idiotic. College success, like any endeavor, has a direct linkage to how much effort you put into it. Just like your boast of excelled success by woman that attend you precious list of highly over rated and grossly overpriced institution of higher learning, I am sure there are as many tales of less lofty success. Just as I am sure there are many tales of both from schools you shun. In short ,stop being so snobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State not a top 10-15 team the last two years...8-9 this year, i looked at their record...best win, 1goal against an overrated Hopkins team...like someone said before,all well and good you play a tough schedule, you need to win some of them, Penn State lost to every good team they played, UMD by 11 goals also...Just like upstart Michigan, i have a hard time seeing a team in the top ten with multi 10+ goal game loses

If you want to call PSU a top 15 team ok. Put them in a lump of 20 other teams outside of the top ten who drift in and out of the top 20 rankings. Normally this group of teams would never be considered to have a shot at the championship, but JMU did it! So you never know, but if PSU had a shot it was on the back of Lazo, they seem to be back on the low side of that group again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't recall anyone saying that Penn State should be ranked in the Top 10 this year. What was said is: Penn State is a one of the Top 10 - 15 Programs. They are one of the 10 - 15 programs that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past 5 - 7 years. Some teams win a game over a ranked team every now and then, some teams are ranked in the top 20 every now and then. The best programs consistantly finish the season ranked in the Top 20. There are about 15 Programs that are always in the mix and PSU is one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
--- "Are you all proud of yourselves, the original topic was what lower ranked schools would want Halfpenny or O'leary coach for them, but of course it has, once again deteriorated into "my daughters school is better than yours" by a bunch of parents that never played the game themselves. I agree that many woman leave those schools listed well rounded and become very successful, but the implication that a woman that has attended William and Mary, or yes, even Old Dominion, will not achieve the same level of success is idiotic. College success, like any endeavor, has a direct linkage to how much effort you put into it. Just like your boast of excelled success by woman that attend you precious list of highly over rated and grossly overpriced institution of higher learning, I am sure there are as many tales of less lofty success. Just as I am sure there are many tales of both from schools you shun. In short ,stop being so snobby. "

----

No, The argument / debate or whatever you want to call it is always started by a hateful, jealous, bitter parent who wants to tear down all players, parents, schools, and programs that are "considered" elite / better / stronger or whatever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't see either losing but you never know. Go JMU, Go SBU ; )

Did these two teams play their final's opponents during the year? They must have crushed them, since you can't see them losing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Are you all proud of yourselves, the original topic was what lower ranked schools would want Halfpenny or O'leary coach for them, but of course it has, once again deteriorated into "my daughters school is better than yours" by a bunch of parents that never played the game themselves. I agree that many woman leave those schools listed well rounded and become very successful, but the implication that a woman that has attended William and Mary, or yes, even Old Dominion, will not achieve the same level of success is idiotic. College success, like any endeavor, has a direct linkage to how much effort you put into it. Just like your boast of excelled success by woman that attend you precious list of highly over rated and grossly overpriced institution of higher learning, I am sure there are as many tales of less lofty success. Just as I am sure there are many tales of both from schools you shun. In short ,stop being so snobby.”

You really are dense . Why bring up the original topic if you are not going to comment on it , are you proud of yourself for doing the same exact thing you accuse them of. If you don’t think there is a difference in education from attending a top ranked academic school compared to a lower ranked academic school you are just clueless . It’s like playing lacrosse for a lower ranked team compared to a top ranked team , there is a difference . Not one person thinks that you cannot be successful coming out of any school or even not going to school but you bunch of anti higher education, bitter , panties in a bunch group keep arguing that some fictitious poster put that out there. All else being equal in terms of success I would prefer my kid gets a great education and know that is more often accomplished at a higher ranked academic school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't recall anyone saying that Penn State should be ranked in the Top 10 this year. What was said is: Penn State is a one of the Top 10 - 15 Programs. They are one of the 10 - 15 programs that have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past 5 - 7 years. Some teams win a game over a ranked team every now and then, some teams are ranked in the top 20 every now and then. The best programs consistantly finish the season ranked in the Top 20. There are about 15 Programs that are always in the mix and PSU is one of them.

Thats the point, without their name, they would not have been ranked #18 last year with a 10-10 record...so the ranked in the top 20 the last 5-7 year argument wouldnt work...now this year 8-9 def not top 20 team, so last 2 years not top 20 team, still top 10-15 program? next year when outside top 20, thats 3 years, still top 10-15 program? how far out do you go out before not top 10-15 program...quick question, psu was ranked pretty high to start the last two years no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Are you all proud of yourselves, the original topic was what lower ranked schools would want Halfpenny or O'leary coach for them, but of course it has, once again deteriorated into "my daughters school is better than yours" by a bunch of parents that never played the game themselves. I agree that many woman leave those schools listed well rounded and become very successful, but the implication that a woman that has attended William and Mary, or yes, even Old Dominion, will not achieve the same level of success is idiotic. College success, like any endeavor, has a direct linkage to how much effort you put into it. Just like your boast of excelled success by woman that attend you precious list of highly over rated and grossly overpriced institution of higher learning, I am sure there are as many tales of less lofty success. Just as I am sure there are many tales of both from schools you shun. In short ,stop being so snobby.”

You really are dense . Why bring up the original topic if you are not going to comment on it , are you proud of yourself for doing the same exact thing you accuse them of. If you don’t think there is a difference in education from attending a top ranked academic school compared to a lower ranked academic school you are just clueless . It’s like playing lacrosse for a lower ranked team compared to a top ranked team , there is a difference . Not one person thinks that you cannot be successful coming out of any school or even not going to school but you bunch of anti higher education, bitter , panties in a bunch group keep arguing that some fictitious poster put that out there. All else being equal in terms of success I would prefer my kid gets a great education and know that is more often accomplished at a higher ranked academic school.
Ok fare enough. I think any school would take Halfpenny or O'leary any day if they were in need of a coach. I think both have consistently proven they can win at a high level, and would be able to attract a high level of player no matter where they coach. I also am a strong believer in you get out of school exactly what you put into it no matter what name it has. Graduating from a big name school does not guarantee you success, but probably gives you a leg up in an interview process. Ultimately, hard work and your ability to master your job will determine your success. After the recent admittance scandal, and the watering down of most "higher ranked" institutions due to affirmative action I think people are starting to catch on to the fact that the name on top of the degree doesn't really mean as much as it used to. At least in Lacrosse you can see it more clearly on the field, the top players are much easier to see, regardless of where they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats the point, without their name, they would not have been ranked #18 last year with a 10-10 record...so the ranked in the top 20 the last 5-7 year argument wouldnt work...now this year 8-9 def not top 20 team, so last 2 years not top 20 team, still top 10-15 program? next year when outside top 20, thats 3 years, still top 10-15 program? how far out do you go out before not top 10-15 program...quick question, psu was ranked pretty high to start the last two years no?

Not sure what you have against PSU. What programs do you think should be considered stronger? What program has done better over the past 5 - 7 years?

Because of the limited number of quality teams you can not use a teams record as an accurate barometer to gauge how strong they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok fare enough. I think any school would take Halfpenny or O'leary any day if they were in need of a coach. I think both have consistently proven they can win at a high level, and would be able to attract a high level of player no matter where they coach. I also am a strong believer in you get out of school exactly what you put into it no matter what name it has. Graduating from a big name school does not guarantee you success, but probably gives you a leg up in an interview process. Ultimately, hard work and your ability to master your job will determine your success. After the recent admittance scandal, and the watering down of most "higher ranked" institutions due to affirmative action I think people are starting to catch on to the fact that the name on top of the degree doesn't really mean as much as it used to. At least in Lacrosse you can see it more clearly on the field, the top players are much easier to see, regardless of where they play.

Do you really believe halfpenny and O'Leary would be able to recruit anywhere near the same kids if they were coaching Wofford, iona, Fairfield, Rutgers, Bryant, etc.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you have against PSU. What programs do you think should be considered stronger? What program has done better over the past 5 - 7 years?

Because of the limited number of quality teams you can not use a teams record as an accurate barometer to gauge how strong they are.

Who cares? You two should let it go. This person made the stand that they are a top 15 team, some years yes, some years no. I’m sure his/her kid goes there or will be going there, you will not convince them otherwise. It’s a proud parent thing. Decent team, great, good luck. Let’s move on, tons of D1 games and match ups to talk about. All the sudden NW may be the one to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement shows just how little you know: "At least in Lacrosse you can see it more clearly on the field, the top players are much easier to see, regardless of where they play."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current RPI Rankings. Although not perfect they are better than human polls. Name recognition, program history, good old boy network etc... not a factor. Pretty accurate reflection as to where a team stands.

A lot of great opportunities out there for our daughters.

Good luck to all of the teams fortunate enough to have earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Syracuse
6 Virginia
7 Princeton
8 Florida
9 Southern California
10 Loyola
11 Navy
12 Michigan