BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 70 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Funny how you are so righteous about WP when 91 is one of the founding members of the NLF. This is why holdbacks exist, because there is a place that welcomes them with open arms

Really? Holdbacks exist because of 91? The organization has been in existence 8 years. MD cornered the market on holdbacks for a lot longer than that, pal. How long has Madlax been in DC, where everyone that try’s out is a K holdback?

Heck of a try at spin though. But seriously, spin needs to be somewhat believable if it’s going to work. So it’s back to the drawing board for you, friend. [/quote]

non intelligent 91 controls the tourneys.they take all of the money from teams full of hold backs.[/quote]

They're just more sucker 91 parents. Of course, 91 created the NLF. Of course, they did it so the holdback teams had a place to play and 91 can make money off of it.

91 has no scruples. None. They're a business making money any way they can on the backs of their sucker parents and anyone else willing to give them a dime. Wolfpack parents are the biggest fools of them all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how you are so righteous about WP when 91 is one of the founding members of the NLF. This is why holdbacks exist, because there is a place that welcomes them with open arms

Really? Holdbacks exist because of 91? The organization has been in existence 8 years. MD cornered the market on holdbacks for a lot longer than that, pal. How long has Madlax been in DC, where everyone that try’s out is a K holdback?

Heck of a try at spin though. But seriously, spin needs to be somewhat believable if it’s going to work. So it’s back to the drawing board for you, friend.

notIntelligent 91 controls the tourneys.they take all of the money from teams full of hold backs.[/quote]

They're just more sucker 91 parents. Of course, 91 created the NLF. Of course, they did it so the holdback teams had a place to play and 91 can make money off of it.

91 has no scruples. None. They're a business making money any way they can on the backs of their sucker parents and anyone else willing to give them a dime. Wolfpack parents are the biggest fools of them all.
[/quote]

Great well thought out, compelling argument. Now, get back to class Madlax kid, or you’ll be left back for a third time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the likelihood that there a top players at this age group not yet on a top travel team? Outside of GC players who generally do not play travel, are there other kids out there who could upgrade these top teams? Being that these guys are only 5th grade, one would have to think yes. Any thoughts or experiences from parents with older travel kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the likelihood that there a top players at this age group not yet on a top travel team? Outside of GC players who generally do not play travel, are there other kids out there who could upgrade these top teams? Being that these guys are only 5th grade, one would have to think yes. Any thoughts or experiences from parents with older travel kids?

First, these are 7th graders, not 5th graders. Second, GC kids do play on travel teams. Third, what’s your definition of a “top player”? Just because a kid is on a top team, in no way means he is a top player. But, that depends on where your benchmark is for top players. Also depends on the position. You could have a kid that doesn’t even play yet and end up being a top goalie. Same for a pole. Get me a great athlete and I’ll get you a great pole in a year. For goalies, they either got it or they don’t. Not a whole lot of skills to learn there. But not many kids want to play the position. It would be a lot tougher to find a new top kid at the skill positions, especially attack. But anything is possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]

Put the Madlax parent (which I am not) aside and just address the issue. Arguably, the two most recognizable youth lacrosse programs in the county, 91 and Express, are both founding member of the NLF. Some of the most vocal people on this board are LI parents that constantly rail against the MD holdback/reclass teams. If this is such an important issue, which I agree it is, why don't the 91 and Express parents, the people that finance these clubs, make more of an issue directly with their own clubs. If 91 and Express were to make a move towards supporting the US lacrosse age-based model, other clubs would no doubt follow suit. Unfortunately, because of the fear that making a stand may jeopardize your son's spot on one of these teams, you remain silent, and therefore arguably complicit. I am not suggesting that I would act any differently as a parent, but just curious as to what others think. I completely agree that the holdbacks/reclass system is BS, a kid should play with their age group for youth lacrosse, A legitimate argument could be made that the age-based system should be phased out in high school, but not through 8th grade. An honest reply would be appreciated because I think that this is an important issue.

Does youth lacrosse really matter? I mean, in the grand scheme, does it? No. That's why it won't change.

Once these boys reach 8th grade, some of the better players start playing JV or Varsity and then it starts to matter. There is not a single college looking at a 6th or 7th grade player, especially since the changes last year. So in reality, it only matters to dad's who want to tell other people that their kid, or their kid's team, is the best. The club owners and tournament organizers are fully aware of this and they are making far too much money in the current system to rock the boat.

For the record, I'm an LI dad and my son is not a holdback. I also have an older son who played on age, but saw how the whole process played out with him. These boys will all be in the same recruiting class so, in my opinion, I have no problems with my smaller son playing against bigger players. It will make him better. And, when he hits puberty and hopefully catches up to those same players in size, he'll have developed the tools he needs to beat them.

Does youth lacrosse matter??

Let me answer that with a question.

Do middle school grades matter? Does middle school sports matter?

Does high school sports matter? Do high school grades matter?

Does college sports matter? Does college matter?

Does pro lacrosse matter?

Does a career matter??

My answer is, everything matters!

Doing your best at everything you do, matters.

Success is a habit, that is learned at a young age. Successful kids grow into successful adults.

I teach my kids that EVERYTHING matters.

So, does youth lacrosse matter?? YOU BET IT MATTERS!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sick of Coach C and all his BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say the name, coward. Keyboard Muscles. I have no idea who this person is referring to big classic troll. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach C?? Who is that and what team??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach C?? Who is that and what team??

Hello! Express Coach C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Box tourney over the weekend. Kids on all teams had a nice day. NOTB team was surprisingly good. Taz team played very well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Box tourney over the weekend. Kids on all teams had a nice day. NOTB team was surprisingly good. Taz team played very well.

Best game of the day was Tax vs island box. 6-4 win by Taz. But game was up and down for 30 minutes. Great fun for all involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score doesn’t give that ibl taz game justice at all. Taz started off slow and then beat them up for whole second half. Taz beat everyone up in all their games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best game of the day was Tax vs island box. 6-4 win by Taz. But game was up and down for 30 minutes. Great fun for all involved

Taz is in trouble,a bunch of undersized players having trouble winning against bigger less skilled players.
This year that team will struggle against the big boys.
Hopefully they have a goalie that can actually make a few saves
Enjoy that #1 ranking while you can!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is islandbox?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
The score doesn’t give that ibl taz game justice at all. Taz started off slow and then beat them up for whole second half. Taz beat everyone up in all their games

You people crack me up. Taz scored with 10 seconds left in the first 1/2. Then proceeded to score 5 in the second half while Island box scored 4. 6-4 game. Both teams had enormous amounts of opportunities for additional goals. It was a fantastic , very exciting game That’s it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is islandbox?

Who is islandbox?

Who is islandbox?

Island box is basically a true blue core program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

You people crack me up. Taz scored with 10 seconds left in the first 1/2. Then proceeded to score 5 in the second half while Island box scored 4. 6-4 game. Both teams had enormous amounts of opportunities for additional goals. It was a fantastic , very exciting game That’s
[[quote=Anonymous]The score doesn’t give that ibl taz game justice at all. Taz started off slow and then beat them up for whole second half. Taz beat everyone up in all their games

You people crack me up. Taz scored with 10 seconds left in the first 1/2. Then proceeded to score 5 in the second half while Island box scored 4. 6-4 game. Both teams had enormous amounts of opportunities for additional goals. It was a fantastic , very exciting game That’s it.

I agree. Solid game by both teams. Island Box which is like one person mentioned, a True Blue component the strictly focuses on Box does a great job teaching the Box game as it is a lot different from Field lacrosse & Taz trains with NOTB who also focuses on Box. Good to see the Box game growing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

You people crack me up. Taz scored with 10 seconds left in the first 1/2. Then proceeded to score 5 in the second half while Island box scored 4. 6-4 game. Both teams had enormous amounts of opportunities for additional goals. It was a fantastic , very exciting game That’s
[[quote=Anonymous]The score doesn’t give that ibl taz game justice at all. Taz started off slow and then beat them up for whole second half. Taz beat everyone up in all their games

I agree. Solid game by both teams. Island Box which is like one person mentioned, a True Blue component the strictly focuses on Box does a great job teaching the Box game as it is a lot different from Field lacrosse & Taz trains with NOTB who also focuses on Box. Good to see the Box game growing.
Great game watched it . Even when TAZ wins people say stuff. So funny. TAZ will be fine still have very skilled lacrosse players And one of the best attack and middie at the 2024 level. Keep under estimating . The team is well rounded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is in trouble,a bunch of undersized players having trouble winning against bigger less skilled players.

You mean #2 ranking. Madlax #1. If you think this fall was lopsided, wait until this summer when all the new kids and some of the veterans are on the field at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is islandbox?

It's a hack of fake Box pick up organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
April 6th will be here before you know it! Who will be ready?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean #2 ranking. Madlax #1. If you think this fall was lopsided, wait until this summer when all the new kids and some of the veterans are on the field at the same time.
being a jealous hater gets you no where. All little children. Just like the boy from mad lax. . You all need to grow up and worry about your own kids .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

Great game watched it . Even when TAZ wins people say stuff. So funny. TAZ will be fine still have very skilled lacrosse players And one of the best attack and middie at the 2024 level. Keep under estimating . The team is well rounded.

Easy does it there, big fella! Ya beat True Blue. Barely. You still have some nice pieces, no doubt, but lots of holes and absolutely no depth. Just not enough quality pieces. Prediction: Its going to be a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one will be ready for WP. The core of kids/coaches have been there since 1st grade. They have been making roster improvements every year and were already the hands-down best team before the Taz players came over this season.

No other team has a reasonable chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be some great games!! We'll see Madlax at the world series,to decide once and for all.
Or any team from the MD/VA area for that matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one will be ready for WP. The core of kids/coaches have been there since 1st grade. They have been making roster improvements every year and were already the hands-down best team before the Taz players came over this season.

The NEW PLAYERS are the best on your team, you were on a down turn. You know that., You needed to improve , to have a chance. You know it. The new kids will take all the playing time away from the ones that have been there since the 1 st grade. You keep believing that. You should WIn.. with the kids you have. But you wont.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player from Connecticut who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be some great games!! We'll see Madlax at the world series,to decide once and for all.
Or any team from the MD/VA area for that matter

Looks like there will be another 2024 Invitational in MD again in June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

i am sure there were very proud mothers and farrrthers after that game. Great sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

what was so amazing about that player relative to the other boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NEW PLAYERS are the best on your team, you were on a down turn. You know that., You needed to improve , to have a chance. You know it. The new kids will take all the playing time away from the ones that have been there since the 1 st grade. You keep believing that. You should WIn.. with the kids you have. But you wont.

The new kids most probably will take time away from the core kids. Does not change the fact they were the most talented and most winning team before that. No chance the WP does not take the WSYL Lax title in 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

He was steps faster than any other kid on the floor and his stick looked amazing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, what was so amazing? Island Box is self promoting all over this thread. Come on, stop with the shameless posts. Teach real box instead of subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The new kids most probably will take time away from the core kids. Does not change the fact they were the most talented and most winning team before that. No chance the WP does not take the WSYL Lax title in 2019.
You should with all that talent you are the best lacrosse players on the planet.. Better than anyone who has touched a stick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, what was so amazing? Island Box is self promoting all over this thread. Come on, stop with the shameless posts. Teach real box instead of subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink.

- what does that mean, subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink? teach real box? heres the funny thing about "BOX" first off, if you want "real" box , go to Canada or go play in a tournament upstate on a reservation where your kid gets beaten up for 50 minutes , secondly, no one is playing box lacrosse because they want to play box, they are trying to develop quicker sticks, quicker decisions etc.. for their field games . so honestly who gives a crap about any of that crap- go out, have fun, get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same amigo, same spin. If anyone cares, folks will be very surprised how little this team has changed this year. All the same faces, doing what they’ve always done... being some of the top players in the ‘24 game. Insert a few strategic new pieces, and you have the makings of something very special. So far so good. Liking what I’ve seen thus far, playing exclusively ‘23 teams, with a few ‘22s thrown in. Built for the WSYL but they’ll be ready for anyone...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- what does that mean, subbing lines field lacrosse in a box rink? teach real box? heres the funny thing about "BOX" first off, if you want "real" box , go to Canada or go play in a tournament upstate on a reservation where your kid gets beaten up for 50 minutes , secondly, no one is playing box lacrosse because they want to play box, they are trying to develop quicker sticks, quicker decisions etc.. for their field games . so honestly who gives a crap about any of that crap- go out, have fun, get better.

typical Long Island lax dad who thinks he knows everything lacrosse and plays only for the field game. Learn the rules and teach it correctly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same amigo, same spin. If anyone cares, folks will be very surprised how little this team has changed this year. All the same faces, doing what they’ve always done... being some of the top players in the ‘24 game. Insert a few strategic new pieces, and you have the makings of something very special. So far so good. Liking what I’ve seen thus far, playing exclusively ‘23 teams, with a few ‘22s thrown in. Built for the WSYL but they’ll be ready for anyone...

Agreed. The packs signature strength continues. Ball movement. Sharing the ball. A very unselfish group. Vintage Wolfpack, only better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island box coach did and amazing job rotating kids and they had the All star box/lax player from Connecticut who is on the dukes who was simply amazing to watch

Hmm, could this be the Island Box coach writing his own praise?!?! Thanks Cat Jr!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was steps faster than any other kid on the floor and his stick looked amazing.

said his dad

Page 39 of 70 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard