BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board has so many good things about it. However, it would be so much better if we never saw post about holdback crying, money grabs or United.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, they will only start to play Patriot Elite this year. Scary how good this team (of real 9th grade 14 year olds) will be in High School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Safe to say you believe that you son and a few of his friends were the "A" players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Speaking of disasters did any see United today? Lost to a igloo B team that is just an ok team. Than followed that up with two more losses. 30+ kids on the team. That experiment is not going to end well. But I guess that’s what you get for trusting the wrong people.

Igloo B team is an ok B team, plays even with true blue, express b/c...can’t play with outlaws now rebels or legacy. United was supposed to be an A team and they got spanked by a mediocre B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United proved this weekend that they are nothing more than a B team. Parents fell for JM line of BS, they’re in for a terrible season ahead

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is Sun. Wondering about the Fall Classic tomorrow?

These fields should be a disaster by Sunday.

BTW - Best I've ever seen these fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree needed cleat cleaner on side line but fields good shape.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So interesting. None of these events this past weekend are tournaments. They are just play days/scrimmages, which is fine. Last thing needed is to crown a champion in the fall. A lot of small rosters, sloppy play and lopsided games. Don’t have a better answer, just an observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is what most people think as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board has so many good things about it. However, it would be so much better if we never saw post about holdback crying, money grabs or United.

Totally agree. Kids are in HS now playing older kids so forget about holdbacks. If someone wants to pay for something let them, most people know what they are getting so we don't need to hear about Money grabs - when you think about, all Club Lacrosse is a money grab. And the guy who keeps writing about JM and United stop already, if you have a problem with him go confront him but nobody really cares about JM or United.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree but that person won't stop .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney machine says that Chan's teams lost to Eclipse at NLF and beat Edge by a goal. Were they missing kids on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing kids???? They carry 57

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That answers the question then. I only counted 52.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
HA HA HA HA HA HA... Stop with the hold backs, never. This year there isnt that many '18's playing on LI. Just a few in cough cough CHSAA. Next year you will have a few more '19's playing as '20's, and then after boy oh boy then you will have those real head scratchers.

So no, the hold back conversation will not end. Anyone else see the Taft Hold backs all smiling in their NLI pics. Nope, it doesn't end, not even in college!!! Get used to it - you CHEATED! Ends justify the means I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That answers the question then. I only counted 52.

To each his own. I will never understand it and stop trying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
HA HA HA HA HA HA... Stop with the hold backs, never. This year there isnt that many '18's playing on LI. Just a few in cough cough CHSAA. Next year you will have a few more '19's playing as '20's, and then after boy oh boy then you will have those real head scratchers.

So no, the hold back conversation will not end. Anyone else see the Taft Hold backs all smiling in their NLI pics. Nope, it doesn't end, not even in college!!! Get used to it - you CHEATED! Ends justify the means I guess.

Myles Jones was a hold back. Justin Guterding was a hold back, Rob Pannell was a hold back. Tehoka Nanticoke was a hold back. Bubba Fairman was a hold back. Billy Bitter was a hold back. Jimmy Bitter was a hold back. Miles Thompson was a hold back..... I can keep going. Not sure how it's cheating as they all met/meet the age requirements outlined by the NCAA to compete in D1 men's lacrosse, but maybe you can enlighten me on how all of these studs are cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shaq was a hold back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones was a hold back. Justin Guterding was a hold back, Rob Pannell was a hold back. Tehoka Nanticoke was a hold back. Bubba Fairman was a hold back. Billy Bitter was a hold back. Jimmy Bitter was a hold back. Miles Thompson was a hold back..... I can keep going. Not sure how it's cheating as they all met/meet the age requirements outlined by the NCAA to compete in D1 men's lacrosse, but maybe you can enlighten me on how all of these studs are cheaters.

Hold back vs PG. I have no problem with PG.

But when you re-class in 2nd and again in 7th or 8th grade I have a problem. I have a problem when you dont start your kid in school when he should, according to your state/local school district, AND he is no different than the norm. It's cheating when you get your dr to say your son or daughter needs extra time in the classroom and for tests and you know it rolls into the SAT and miraculously they get over a 1300. Right.

GAMING THE SYSTEM IS CHEATING. cheating doesn't have to be against the law.. it just has to be doing something different to gain an advantage.

Its like those of you who cheat on wife/husband or your taxes or your insurance. Hurts nobody right? guess again.

Whats do they say, once a cheat always a cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But when you re-class in 2nd and again in 7th or 8th grade I have a problem. I have a problem when you dont start your kid in school when he should, according to your state/local school district, AND he is no different than the norm. It's cheating when you get your dr to say your son or daughter needs extra time in the classroom and for tests and you know it rolls into the SAT and miraculously they get over a 1300. Right.

GAMING THE SYSTEM IS CHEATING. cheating doesn't have to be against the law.. it just has to be doing something different to gain an advantage.

Its like those of you who cheat on wife/husband or your taxes or your insurance. Hurts nobody right? guess again.

Great post. Says all that needs to be said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you say it against the rules doesn’t make it so. Cheating on your taxes is against the law. Having a kid with a summer bday start kindergarten the following year is not. If you don’t like the rules you can’t say people are cheating if they follow the rules you don’t like. Find a league with rules you like. Otherwise don’t call people cheaters and equate them to tax evaders and infidelity. The previous poster has a point. Maybe show which of those players followed rules you didn’t agree with and which you did (even though holdback and PG end up in college the same year).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids getting extra time for tests has always bothered me and my kids. I understand if you have a disability but when half the class has this "disability" and half of them have 97 averages something is wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thompson didn’t PG. Neither did Naticoke. The Gates twins were 19 when they graduated high school. They all were “held back” somewhere along the way. Bottom line is that no 2nd grade or 3rd grade hold back is going anywhere in college unless they are ballers on the high school varsity level and it all evens out there with age. If you play in the New England prep school league you play against many 19 year olds and even a 20 year old or two. What better way to see how you stack up as a 16 year old. Complaining about hold backs is an excuse for not cutting it at the high school level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids getting extra time for tests has always bothered me and my kids. I understand if you have a disability but when half the class has this "disability" and half of them have 97 averages something is wrong.

Just like these hold backs - it helps the average and in many cases better than avg become better! The definition of cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you say it against the rules doesn’t make it so. Cheating on your taxes is against the law. Having a kid with a summer bday start kindergarten the following year is not. If you don’t like the rules you can’t say people are cheating if they follow the rules you don’t like. Find a league with rules you like. Otherwise don’t call people cheaters and equate them to tax evaders and infidelity. The previous poster has a point. Maybe show which of those players followed rules you didn’t agree with and which you did (even though holdback and PG end up in college the same year).

if you dont know the current HS players who are in public (or private) schools that is your problem it is not for me to out them.

But as far as your rules, no you are wrong, they broken the rules just not the law. Hence no penalty, but make no mistake it is breaking the rules.

As far as finding a league with the rules I like, sorry dont need to, mine always played up. To the point when he played on age, some thought he was he cheating.

The RULES are clear in NY State (some districts change it a bit but) BOD prior to Dec belong in the same grade with those born in that years January. As far as other states, I do not care im talking NY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They broken the rules just not the law? Not sure what you’re saying but can you point out which rule is being broken? Nobody asked what level your kid was playing on, the point was just find somewhere where you don’t come on here to complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They broken the rules just not the law? Not sure what you’re saying but can you point out which rule is being broken? Nobody asked what level your kid was playing on, the point was just find somewhere where you don’t come on here to complain.

Sorry, this is the forum to complain. You don't like it tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all of those guys PG'd. Thompson didn't and he won the Tewaaraton. I guess you think the Gait twins were both cheaters too since they were 19 when they entered college so they repeated somewhere along the way.... Older athletes are better athletes until you reach 26 years old which is one's athletic peak (not my opinion (I think its older) but its what the scientists have concluded). I know there are more than a few top D1 college coaches who prefer older athletes. I know I would. Repeating isn't cheating. All schools and leagues have clear age limits on participation. So if you don't comply you can't play. And no one gives a crap about youth cause no one is getting recruited from their youth career.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fact that this topic is so regularly discussed amazes me. There is a systemic flouting of the age and grade guidelines. However, you get so many people that actually do it - it becomes an accepted practice! For the record, i have a 2028 kid that has a 2007 birth yr kid on the team... that means he is 2.5 - 3 yrs older than everyone else who is appropriately aged on the team.... but at the end of the day, it's just all numbers anyhow, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please i cannot take listening to it anymore. Use your energy to help change rules to playing your birth year. Simple fix

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please i cannot take listening to it anymore. Use your energy to help change rules to playing your birth year. Simple fix

That's not fair to the kids born in December.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's cut the crap, a year or so isn't that big a deal and at this age your kid either has it or he don't! Let him take up golf!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an stunad if you don't think a year makes a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up until 11th grade a year makes a very big difference. Are you unaware of the biological transformation ones body goes through in the pubescent years or do you just choose to ignore it to make yourself believe that your son is really better and not just bigger and more developed at a certain point because he is older? Enjoy the advantage while it lasts. Goes from center on the hoop team in jr high to back up pg by the time he's a sr. History repeats itself over and over...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up until 11th grade a year makes a very big difference. Are you unaware of the biological transformation ones body goes through in the pubescent years or do you just choose to ignore it to make yourself believe that your son is really better and not just bigger and more developed at a certain point because he is older? Enjoy the advantage while it lasts. Goes from center on the hoop team in jr high to back up pg by the time he's a sr. History repeats itself over and over...

interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true! Have seen it countless times...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Kids are in HS now playing older kids so forget about holdbacks. If someone wants to pay for something let them, most people know what they are getting so we don't need to hear about Money grabs - when you think about, all Club Lacrosse is a money grab. And the guy who keeps writing about JM and United stop already, if you have a problem with him go confront him but nobody really cares about JM or United.

----
You foolish enough to think only one guy is writing about Dingleberry and United?

Josh Dingleberry or Marksberry pissed off so many people Even 91 laughs at him and sent him to crappy fields at 91 tournaments, so he left, and joined DLT to say he has a AA team. He is going on 3 years with a losing record, can't win more than 1 low level tourney per year. So many can't stand him, the moderator isn't gonna post the same person typing different stuff.

Still on the team bc we have no where to go. Same with other kids. Couple were smart and did not come back for tryouts. Couple were dropped. Most others couldn't get on other teams. United was great in 5th/6th, but couldn't win a tourney in 7th grade and 8th grade (OK, 1 tourney win when Coach Rob coached in 7th Grade) even though Dingleberry takes parents money, promises only 24 kids on a roster and keeps adding until there are 30+. Unfortunately, the team still kept losing. Kids are really good, great skill sets, but bad coaching and coaches have no clue how to rotate players with 30+ kids have killed the team over the past few years.

Some parents are his long time drinking buddies and will never leave him. Dingleberry has so many close friends on the team, he has to play their son's cause he sees them over the weekends and their mom's babysit his kids for free kids too!

Now, Dingleberry doesn't promise to limit the roster. He says he will take as many kids as needed to win. We went 0-4 at Fall Lacrosse Classic in a B division and 2-2 at King of the Mountain in a B division. - looks like this is gonna be another 30+ roster year, maybe 40+!

Josh is so dumb, he has not collected all the money yet from players so some of us are thinking of bailing, but our kids are so afraid to say they don't play travel lax, especially in 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every Stanwick was a holdback. one was a 21 year old Freshman at Hopkins

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard