BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you really wanted a true championship, do it in Philly which is equidistant for everyone. Instead, doing it all the way in Colorado shows it's a money grab. 2-3 good teams and the rest cannot compete with the best of the East Coast.

The worst thing was the Team 88+3 2020 team that kept kids on the bench in a blowout win on national TV. Those parents paid good money like the rest of them. But even though they were up by 10 in the 4th quarter, kids were kept off the field and not in the game. Totally lame, like this tournament.

It already exists and its called the Millon tournament

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you really wanted a true championship, do it in Philly which is equidistant for everyone. Instead, doing it all the way in Colorado shows it's a money grab. 2-3 good teams and the rest cannot compete with the best of the East Coast.

The worst thing was the Team 88+3 2020 team that kept kids on the bench in a blowout win on national TV. Those parents paid good money like the rest of them. But even though they were up by 10 in the 4th quarter, kids were kept off the field and not in the game. Totally lame, like this tournament.

That Millon Rising 8th Grade Championship in MD was the biggest lax farce I experienced. Wont let my younger boys go. Teams grab top players from any place they can, eams pull in 9th graders, one coach inserted older brother going into 10th because "otherwise we couldn't field a team", stuff like that. Team from TX, OH, IL view it as a summer trip they must win so they just stack teams in shady ways. That tourney is all that is wrong with lax. No regulations, no controls and outright cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Millon Rising 8th Grade Championship in MD was the biggest lax farce I experienced. Wont let my younger boys go. Teams grab top players from any place they can, eams pull in 9th graders, one coach inserted older brother going into 10th because "otherwise we couldn't field a team", stuff like that. Team from TX, OH, IL view it as a summer trip they must win so they just stack teams in shady ways. That tourney is all that is wrong with lax. No regulations, no controls and outright cheating.

NLF is the hold back World Championship while WSYL is for age based. Not sure what US Lacrosse is doing with their qualifiers and tournament but the ranking system is skewed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went with my son to WSYL and Millon tournament. Millon is no WSYL. Can't even begin to compare the two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF is the hold back World Championship while WSYL is for age based. Not sure what US Lacrosse is doing with their qualifiers and tournament but the ranking system is skewed.

I couldn't agree more! What a joke !Until any of these tournaments decide to put a hard line in the sand like the world series, it's all SAME Ole story.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went with my son to WSYL and Millon tournament. Millon is no WSYL. Can't even begin to compare the two.

Million was a waste of time. The makeshift teams were an absolute joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't agree more! What a joke !Until any of these tournaments decide to put a hard line in the sand like the world series, it's all SAME Ole story.

and the sheep will continue to support them and come on hear to complain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you're talking about. Last year for this age group it had basically all the top teams in the age group and was conveniently about an hour south of philly. Tell me another tournament that can compare? Not even NLF.

Legacy, Pack, Express, Madlax, Hawks, Bethesda, 91 Maryland, Brotherly Love, Igloo, HHH. Ok, maybe you're missing laxachussets and BBL but no tournament has a lineup that stacked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you're talking about. Last year for this age group it had basically all the top teams in the age group and was conveniently about an hour south of philly. Tell me another tournament that can compare? Not even NLF.

Legacy, Pack, Express, Madlax, Hawks, Bethesda, 91 Maryland, Brotherly Love, Igloo, HHH. Ok, maybe you're missing laxachussets and BBL but no tournament has a lineup that stacked.
it is a great tournament. Much more competitive. Better gage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t speak to the rising 8th grade tournament (see above) but the rising 7th grade Millon (or 2024) tournament was great. Pretty sure there were no Ohio or TX (??) players and there were a lot of very good teams. Any one of four teams could have won it, a ton of close games, and no pool games where you beat weak teams by 10. Everyone got better and a lot of mutual respect. Maybe the 2023 event was different...

M

it is a great tournament. Much more competitive. Better gage.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went with my son to WSYL and Millon tournament. Millon is no WSYL. Can't even begin to compare the two.[/quote]

Million was a waste of time. The makeshift teams were an absolute joke[/quote]

[/quote] it is a great tournament. Much more competitive. Better gage.

This tournament has all the making of something great but at the end of the day-The refs shirts say Millon events. End of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that is trying to compare Millon's tournament to WSYL obviously hasn't been to WSYL. I'll take Denver over Bel Air any day of the week. The WSYL team hotels were conveniently located to the airport, downtown Denver, and the sportsplex. At check in, there was an open bar for the parents and boatloads of swag for the kids. I'm talking sticks, shoes, sweet unis, hats, sweatshirts, backpacks, the works. The opening ceremony was filled with motivational speakers and incredible role models for the kids. The sportsplex had 10+ quality fields all within eyeshot of the team tents. ESPN shot video clips of all the kids. Every game was videotaped and the website kept track of all the kids' stats in real time. Completely different environment from your typical lacrosse tournament. All the kids were on age. The refs were impartial. And you didn't hear crazy parents yelling from the sideline. There were skill competitions for speed and fastest shots. There was a coat and tie dinner at Mile High Stadium where all the kids got to go on the field and tour the facility. And of course, the championship game was broadcast live on ESPN with All World Team presentations at half time and a Denver Outlaws and fireworks afterwards. So c'mon. Don't try to tell me that Millon's tournament is a comparable experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, WSYL is Disney World for Lax. It’s a wonderful, but pricey, experience. Stop knocking it. Would it be great if Boston, Philly, Maryland, DC/Va, NC put their best teams forward, yes. Only time will tell. More specific, I am Surprised Madlax, FCA or FLG doesn’t put together U13 WYSL teams and enter as they have national brands and given the finals are on TV. And they would love to dethrone 91 or Express on national TV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone that is trying to compare Millon's tournament to WSYL obviously hasn't been to WSYL. I'll take Denver over Bel Air any day of the week. The WSYL team hotels were conveniently located to the airport, downtown Denver, and the sportsplex. At check in, there was an open bar for the parents and boatloads of swag for the kids. I'm talking sticks, shoes, sweet unis, hats, sweatshirts, backpacks, the works. The opening ceremony was filled with motivational speakers and incredible role models for the kids. The sportsplex had 10+ quality fields all within eyeshot of the team tents. ESPN shot video clips of all the kids. Every game was videotaped and the website kept track of all the kids' stats in real time. Completely different environment from your typical lacrosse tournament. All the kids were on age. The refs were impartial. And you didn't hear crazy parents yelling from the sideline. There were skill competitions for speed and fastest shots. There was a coat and tie dinner at Mile High Stadium where all the kids got to go on the field and tour the facility. And of course, the championship game was broadcast live on ESPN with All World Team presentations at half time and a Denver Outlaws and fireworks afterwards. So c'mon. Don't try to tell me that Millon's tournament is a comparable experience.

You had me at open bar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, WSYL is Disney World for Lax. It’s a wonderful, but pricey, experience. Stop knocking it. Would it be great if Boston, Philly, Maryland, DC/Va, NC put their best teams forward, yes. Only time will tell. More specific, I am Surprised Madlax, FCA or FLG doesn’t put together U13 WYSL teams and enter as they have national brands and given the finals are on TV. And they would love to dethrone 91 or Express on national TV.

Unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen unless WSYL goes back to May 1 cutoff, like it used to do. The 9/1 cutoff is perfect for NY teams. It doesn't work well for the rest of the country. It is too disruptive for most club teams to have their regular team and then their WSYL team. In NY if a kid misses the 1/1 or 12/1 cutoff by a month or two, there is still a 3-4 month cushion. When a kid outside NY misses the cutoff, there is no cushion. Where I live, I would say 75% of boys with July or August birthdays do pre-K or enter K late. It has nothing to do with lacrosse. It is just parents doing what is best for their kid developmentally. This doesn't mean that non-NY programs are doing anything wrong or are inherently crooked. It is just a natural by-product of the different school cut-off dates. I bet if you looked at the top NY clubs, there are just as many kids with October-November birthdays, as there are June-August birthdays on non-NY clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can’t. These teams are almost all holdbacks. There are almost no 2024’s on any of these 2024 teams. If they don’t have any 13 year old players how are they suppose to field a 13U team? Never going to happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91. King of 13U lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Te 91 LI Flash at the mustang classic next weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen unless WSYL goes back to May 1 cutoff, like it used to do. The 9/1 cutoff is perfect for NY teams. It doesn't work well for the rest of the country. It is too disruptive for most club teams to have their regular team and then their WSYL team. In NY if a kid misses the 1/1 or 12/1 cutoff by a month or two, there is still a 3-4 month cushion. When a kid outside NY misses the cutoff, there is no cushion. Where I live, I would say 75% of boys with July or August birthdays do pre-K or enter K late. It has nothing to do with lacrosse. It is just parents doing what is best for their kid developmentally. This doesn't mean that non-NY programs are doing anything wrong or are inherently crooked. It is just a natural by-product of the different school cut-off dates. I bet if you looked at the top NY clubs, there are just as many kids with October-November birthdays, as there are June-August birthdays on non-NY clubs.

Please !!! I am sorry but not buying into the whole parents doing whats best for the kids developmentally. If that's the case there have been alot of underdeveloped kids born in this country, the majority of them play lacrosse. Stop already!! every kid born in 06 should be a 2024 and every kid born In 2005 should play with the 2023's.I don't care what grade you are in. I tell you what. The hold backs I am watching look a little to over developed for my liking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see Express A (without our top Attackmen) beat up on the daddy coached Rebels this weekend. Better luck next time Rebels go back and play with the other B teams where you belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please !!! I am sorry but not buying into the whole parents doing whats best for the kids developmentally. If that's the case there have been alot of underdeveloped kids born in this country, the majority of them play lacrosse. Stop already!! every kid born in 06 should be a 2024 and every kid born In 2005 should play with the 2023's.I don't care what grade you are in. I tell you what. The hold backs I am watching look a little to over developed for my liking.

I don't think that anybody is really focused on graduation year with WSYL, that is the advantage of the format. Regardless of graduation year, if you make the age cutoff, I cannot imagine that anybody cares when you are graduating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see Express A (without our top Attackmen) beat up on the daddy coached Rebels this weekend. Better luck next time Rebels go back and play with the other B teams where you belong.

Why are you bragging about beating up onaB team??

And not having your “best” ATTACKMAN, when your whole starting attack is medicre at best, is hardly noteworthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is Te 91 LI Flash at the mustang classic next weekend?

It would have to be the 91 B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called a SCRIMMAGE. Coaches don’t play a scrimmage the way they would a tournament. Express other attackmen are a joke. They are all B players that no other A team wanted. Express runs everything through their middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called a SCRIMMAGE. Coaches don’t play a scrimmage the way they would a tournament. Express other attackmen are a joke. They are all B players that no other A team wanted. Express runs everything through their middies.

The could have played all 9 poles on offense and still crushed. Lucky for you the refs called mercy at 16-0. I feel bad for our goalie. Could have at least done his homework for an hour

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bitter much GC daddy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just best attackman. Best player period. Move him to middle and he’s the best. As you would expect at 14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter much GC daddy?[/quote]

And not having your “best” ATTACKMAN, when your whole starting attack is medicre at best, is hardly noteworthy.

We all know who is posting this and we make fun of you every week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter much GC daddy?

We all know who is posting this and we make fun of you every week.
[/quote]
You sound like 5 years old!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can I speak for the other 90% of Express parents? Rebels, thanks for coming to one of our fields. We hope your boys had fun on the field and got a little better, because that is what it is all about. Good luck on the rest of your fall season, and hope your winter goes well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can I speak for the other 90% of Express parents? Rebels, thanks for coming to one of our fields. We hope your boys had fun on the field and got a little better, because that is what it is all about. Good luck on the rest of your fall season, and hope your winter goes well!

well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a bad scrimmage at all. Seemed like the Rebels just have players in the wrong positions. Always appreciate a scrimmage. Good luck to them the rest of the year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to Delaware this weekend. Looks to be some good competition at the 2024 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a bad scrimmage at all. Seemed like the Rebels just have players in the wrong positions. Always appreciate a scrimmage. Good luck to them the rest of the year

Players in the wrong positions??? What the heck does that comment mean? They got their small skill players playing pole and their big poles playing offense? And what makes you come to this insightful conclusion?? The offense can’t catch? Sounds like another Former star t ball player playing D1 lacrosse coach again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to Delaware this weekend. Looks to be some good competition at the 2024 level.

Since when did they allow woman to post on here??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since when did they allow woman to post on here??

Your wife was drunk, again. Can’t blame her though since she’s stuck with you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These late fall tournaments are ridiculous. Why make kids play in garbage tourneys in 45 deg temps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players in the wrong positions??? What the heck does that comment mean? They got their small skill players playing pole and their big poles playing offense? And what makes you come to this insightful conclusion?? The offense can’t catch? Sounds like another Former star t ball player playing D1 lacrosse coach again!

Take a little constructive criticism pal, if the score was really 16-0 they aren't doing something right!!Unless Express brought their 2023 players for the 2024 team they arent any good .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a little constructive criticism pal, if the score was really 16-0 they aren't doing something right!!Unless Express brought their 2023 players for the 2024 team they arent any good .

You didn't score a goal. Wake up. Move things around. This comes as a shock to you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they lost 16-0 it’s not because they have some players playing in the wrong positions.

Page 25 of 70 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard