BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 48 1 2 44 45 46 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better kids will land on decent teams. If the S2S A team kids don't make the cut, they prob didn't belong there in the first place.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My point was that there is a lot of talent on certain teams that never see the field. If their parents are smart they find a team where their kid can get playing time in order to improve as a player. Inevitably this will displace other kids from less talented programs. What's the point if your kid is on a team that wins but they never see the field?

Thats a parents choice I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents choice to waste your $ and do a disservice to your kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but all the top teams will shorten to not play the bench. It’s become the standard. Drives me nuts and I will never understand it. Is the practice and training beneficial and with better kids good. No denying it. But not playing is a confidence killer, not work hard and you’ll get rewarded with playing time. Because that never comes. Imagine he whole world watching on the WSYL on ESPN and you text family to watch and your kid never plays...put yourself in your kids shoes... everyone please make good choices over the next few weeks. Ask questions, lotsa of questions and get them all answered or move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many money grabs out there. Prices out of control .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many money grabs out there. Prices out of control .

I agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but all the top teams will shorten to not play the bench. It’s become the standard. Drives me nuts and I will never understand it. Is the practice and training beneficial and with better kids good. No denying it. But not playing is a confidence killer, not work hard and you’ll get rewarded with playing time. Because that never comes. Imagine he whole world watching on the WSYL on ESPN and you text family to watch and your kid never plays...put yourself in your kids shoes... everyone please make good choices over the next few weeks. Ask questions, lotsa of questions and get them all answered or move on.

100% agree. Its ridiculous to have your child go to practices and not get playing time in tournaments. It absolutely will destroy kids who eould otherwise grow into talented players if parents let that continue.
Its the antithesis of what youth sports is supposed to be about.

But I really believe this year there is going to be a shakeup. You saw it a little last year, but this year you will see much more.
Plenty of parents are walking away from these top teams, because there are many other options out there. Less and less parents are interested in their kid sitting on the bench, or being on teams where they overload the roster, or where teams show no commitment to their original roster and recruit kids mid season.

Rebels, LI rebels, True Blue, Igloo, Legacy, etc
are going to be taking these players and its going to change the level of lacrosse next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what I'm saying. Chan fixed the game. Express North has no chance of beating him. None. Zero. Do I have to spell it out for you?

N O N E

Z E R O C H A N C E

If it's a close game, it's because Chan wants it to be. Express North isn't even on the same planet as Express Chan. The kids are better players, they're more polished, better practiced and better coached. If you think Express North is almost as good as Express Chan, you are believing exactly what Chan wants you to believe. Now, cut the check and pay up.

Delusional is the only word for you.

Chan is such a master puppeteer, that when he was 5 goals ahead
- he coached his kids to allow Express North to catch up
- better yet he instructed his kid to allow Express North to tie it up
- and he figured it would be even better for sales if Express North was winning more than half the way through the game, so he instructed his kids to allow that to happen
- only then did he change the pace of the game coaching his team to get 2 more goals this way they only won by 1 goal.

Wow! Chan seems to have some really magical abilities. And his kids are phenomenal if they can put on such an act, deviating from their normal playing ability to pull that off.

Based on your view of Chan, it seems it was probably a great marketing ploy to set it up so 91 won by one goal in that past tournament in order to do a big show and pummel you in this one. That really would show the ability of his team. That must be the case based on your reasoning.

Chan, if you are out there, do you know that 91 parents feel you have godlike abilities as a coach.
Build the temple.
They will come.

Who said anything about 91? Shows what you know. Very little. Like you have no clue that about how the world really works. But you go back to your little snowflake and tell him how he almost beat Express. Hah.

Typical 91 parent. Having difficulty grasping, so just throws out insults.
If Express could manipulate the game, as you said, for the game with Express North. Then they could just as easily have done it with the one game they had against 91 to build up momentum.
If you are going to believe it in one situation, you cant rule out the other.

By the way, as I said, I dont have a kid on Express North. Folliw the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree. Its ridiculous to have your child go to practices and not get playing time in tournaments. It absolutely will destroy kids who eould otherwise grow into talented players if parents let that continue.

But I really believe this year there is going to be a shakeup. You saw it a little last year, but this year you will see much more.
Plenty of parents are walking away from these top teams, because there are many other options out there. Less and less parents are interested in their kid sitting on the bench, or being on teams where they overload the roster, or where teams show no commitment to their original roster and recruit kids mid season.

are going to be taking these players and its going to change the level of lacrosse next year.

And its a great opportunity for the top clubs (Express, Igloo & 91) to build solid 2nd teams. 91 and Igloo didn't even have one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moderators:

There is a glitch in the forum program that whenever someo types R. U. S. H. It cganges it to Rebels.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 beat North in that fall Tournament Final
Chan wins first NLF
91 Beat North at TriStar (where North lost 3 games). 91 Beat Chan in OT going undefeated
Chan beats both 91 and North at NLF. Even though Express LI pounded 91, a loss is a loss.

Common thing here is North never pulled out any of the tournament wins that most folks would say are needed to jump over 91.

Have to objectively give 2nd to 91.

How can 91 even claim the fall tournament as a valid championship win.
You played 2 games against Express North and you lost one, and won one. If the games had been flipped then Express North would gave won the championship.

Also normally if 2 teams end up with 2 games back to back where the second us championship game, they generally agree to play just one and let that be the championship game.
If that had happened, Express North would have won the championship.

Certainly not a real win for 91 in anyone elses eyes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And its a great opportunity for the top clubs (Express, Igloo & 91) to build solid 2nd teams. 91 and Igloo didn't even have one.

The thing is people who leave these top teams, are not interested in second teams that play at less competitive tournaments or at a less competitive level. They are going to go to a different team that also competes in the high level tournaments.

And people dont believe in these second teams in the big organisations anymore.
Legacy is the only one who fielded a decent one in the Blue Devils. And I think thats because Legacy doesnt have a history of overloading there teams and adding players mid season like Express and 91 do. So Legacy allows there second team to have an opportunity of recruiting decent players at their tryouts.

And I believe people feel with 91 and Express that these second teams are just money grabs, and those organisations dont really care about them. All they care about is their top A level team.

That is what the Rebels is pulling from. They are attracting a lot of people partially because they are promising only one team at each age level.

So no I dont think you will see most people who leave the top teams go to second teams in the top organisations. As time goes on its going to become more and more difficult for those organisations to field a 2nd team. There are much better options going to a competitive team elsewhere like Igloo, r.u.s.h., rebels, true blue, s2s, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
Legacy - $2975 ($2875 if pay in full)
R.u.s.h. - $2295
Express - not sure for 2025 year, but 2024 year is $5000

Anyone else have tuitions on other teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thing is people who leave these top teams, are not interested in second teams that play at less competitive tournaments or at a less competitive level. They are going to go to a different team that also competes in the high level tournaments.

And people dont believe in these second teams in the big organisations anymore.
Legacy is the only one who fielded a decent one in the Blue Devils. And I think thats because Legacy doesnt have a history of overloading there teams and adding players mid season like Express and 91 do. So Legacy allows there second team to have an opportunity of recruiting decent players at their tryouts.

And I believe people feel with 91 and Express that these second teams are just money grabs, and those organisations dont really care about them. All they care about is their top A level team.

That is what the Rebels is pulling from. They are attracting a lot of people partially because they are promising only one team at each age level.

So no I dont think you will see most people who leave the top teams go to second teams in the top organisations. As time goes on its going to become more and more difficult for those organisations to field a 2nd team. There are much better options going to a competitive team elsewhere like Igloo, r.u.s.h., rebels, true blue, s2s, etc

It’s hard to debate, but I wish the top clubs would focus on second team development. They would improve their product and brand if 2nd teams got 1st team treatment, in my humble opinion. Igloo at the 2022 level and 91 at the 2023 level have really done it successfully. That said, I think a it has to do with the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

True Blue $1950

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express was $3800

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

what team is R.U.S.H?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

Is that accurate ? Leagacy in 2015 was $2200 and last year got 1 short 1 jersey , gloves , helmet . That’s it . Money grab poor product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

Chan wins first NLF
91 Beat North at TriStar (where North lost 3 games). 91 Beat Chan in OT going undefeated
Chan beats both 91 and North at NLF. Even though Express LI pounded 91, a loss is a loss.

Common thing here is North never pulled out any of the tournament wins that most folks would say are needed to jump over 91.

You played 2 games against Express North and you lost one, and won one. If the games had been flipped then Express North would gave won the championship.

Also normally if 2 teams end up with 2 games back to back where the second us championship game, they generally agree to play just one and let that be the championship game.

Your fighting over 2nd place on LI when you only have 3 good teams.

1. Express
2. Hawks
3. Tribal

After that Express North, 91, HHH, Cannons, Rising Sons, Mad Lax & Mad Dog in any order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents choice to waste your $ and do a disservice to your kid?

Still their choice. I'm not advocating any direction. Parents have to weigh the pro's and con's of each option. It's all relative. Why does anyone else care? Show up, tryout and let the chips fall where they may. If you are not happy, do your research and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

Express $5k? With travel etc? My son is on a hs team there and it was 2800 for fall and summer. Winter training was a few hundred more if you could make

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 91 evel camp was a disappointment. Undermanned with not much evaluation actually happening.
They may have bit off more than they could chew making this a camp where all teams are there at same time, instead of normal tryout like prior years with time slots for individual grades.
Camps require a lot more man power.

Anyone attend that has further insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is a no brainer for what they are offering on the dollar. So far they’ve come through on every level. Over 40 kids here, lots of Ducks, Geese and 91 helmets out there. Energy is through the roof, kids haven’t stopped moving, lots of instruction.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan wins first NLF

This one I love, they are all real wins.

But facts are that 91 asked for only one game. Express North said no, they want to play both. 91 played the full roster game one and got beat by a late goal. In the Championship, 91 controlled the game and won. OK then, that doesn't help your fantasy so throw it out.

In the spring and summer 91 beat both Express teams but lost the spring NLF and the final NLF badly to LIE. So LIE gets 1st, no doubt.

What makes you decide that North gets second when they lost head to head to 91 and never beat the LIE team.
Most important North has a head to head loss to 91 and no wins over LIE. Can't give 2nd to North, just can't. So 91 is 2nd.

North gets to try again next year, it starts in a week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels is a no brainer for what they are offering on the dollar. So far they’ve come through on every level. Over 40 kids here, lots of Ducks, Geese and 91 helmets out there. Energy is through the roof, kids haven’t stopped moving, lots of instruction.....

I agree and disagree.
You may have been watching the 2026 rebels eval. They did have around 45 kids. With lots of different helmets.
But 2025 had half that amount. But they did have 91 and Geese helmets there. Would say you will see more at regular tryout dates in August for Rebels.

Kids that were there did show talent and athleticism.
And it was really organised well, had plenty of coaches, lots of interactive coaching, and was an impressive tryout. Was a great workout for the kids. Could defenitely see the potential here.

Will be really interesting to see what happens at the rest of the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

what team is R.U.S.H?

The old Ducks. Coaches broke away from Dynamic lacrosse.
Have to put periods after every letter because a glitch on this forum keeps changing the word to rebels whenever you type it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express was $3800

That was last year.
We are asking about tuition amounts this year.
2024 Express was told new tuition amount was $5000.
So 2025 could not be much different from that.

Has anyone on Express been told what the new tuition rate is for 2025?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

Is that accurate ? Leagacy in 2015 was $2200 and last year got 1 short 1 jersey , gloves , helmet . That’s it . Money grab poor product.

Its accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets talk tuition:
Igloo - $3200
Rebels - $2600
R.u.s.h. - $2295

Express $5k? With travel etc? My son is on a hs team there and it was 2800 for fall and summer. Winter training was a few hundred more if you could make

You cant compare Express high school level team cost to express youth team costs.
Completely different package.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan wins first NLF

But facts are that 91 asked for only one game. Express North said no, they want to play both. 91 played the full roster game one and got beat by a late goal. In the Championship, 91 controlled the game and won. OK then, that doesn't help your fantasy so throw it out.

In the spring and summer 91 beat both Express teams but lost the spring NLF and the final NLF badly to LIE. So LIE gets 1st, no doubt.

What makes you decide that North gets second when they lost head to head to 91 and never beat the LIE team.
Most important North has a head to head loss to 91 and no wins over LIE. Can't give 2nd to North, just can't. So 91 is 2nd.

So tired of hearing you talk.
Time to move on.
The more you talk, the more foolish you look.
And the less anyone wants to be part of the 91 team and its crazy parent mentality.
Your only hurting your own reputation.
If we send you a tshirt will that pacify you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree and disagree.
You may have been watching the 2026 rebels eval. They did have around 45 kids. With lots of different helmets.
But 2025 had half that amount. But they did have 91 and Geese helmets there. Would say you will see more at regular tryout dates in August for Rebels.

Kids that were there did show talent and athleticism.
And it was really organised well, had plenty of coaches, lots of interactive coaching, and was an impressive tryout. Was a great workout for the kids. Could defenitely see the potential here.

Will be really interesting to see what happens at the rest of the tryouts.

Correction:
Not 2026. Meant to write 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought East Coast Elite was the new Ducks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought East Coast Elite was the new Ducks.

Lol
Thats Dynamic Lacrosse rebranding when all the Ducks coaches walked away and formed R.U.S.H.
But the team names are staying with R.U.S.H. who have the Chaos and Rage names.

Dynamic is struggling to make East Coast Elite by offering a super cheap tryout fee of $45.
But charging more for tuition at $2495-
Yet saying not doing any tournaments off Long Island.
I guess if you are a parent who wants a PAL tournament lacrosse team, then East Coast Elite may be for you.

But for the rest, R.U.S.H., Rebels, Igloo, etc... are real teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like your first line kid is about to become second line

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like your first line kid is about to become second line

??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were 18 kids today for 2025 Rebel’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan wins first NLF

Time to move on.
And the less anyone wants to be part of the 91 team and its crazy parent mentality.

First, I thought you were trying to push your son's Express North team. Then, when I realized you didn't have a kid on Express North and I thought you were dense and unable to comprehend facts.

But now, now I see the truth. You are a troll. Just a lowly forums troll with nothing better to do and an axe to grind. Good job troll. I'll admit it, for a while you had me fooled. Now go back to playing with your Legos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is rebels real 1st year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the turtles tryout and program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chan wins first NLF

Time to move on.

First, I thought you were trying to push your son's Express North team. Then, when I realized you didn't have a kid on Express North and I thought you were dense and unable to comprehend facts.

But now, now I see the truth. You are a troll. Just a lowly forums troll with nothing better to do and an axe to grind. Good job troll. I'll admit it, for a while you had me fooled. Now go back to playing with your Legos.

Here we go. 91 parent making more excuses. Everyones a troll when they disagree with them.

I have a kid who plays competitive club lacrosse, just not on Express North. But that doesnt mean I cant objectively analyse the strength of another team.

The problem is not that you disagree, but that you think its so insulting for people to view the situation differently. Or that another team could have outperformed you.

Whether or not you beat them in a spring tournament, by the end of the season they performed significantly better than you in the final championship tournament against Express. Showing they have improved beyond you since you last played them.

It is the NLF "Club Championship" and like any sport the winner takes home the final title. And Express North is the runner up or 2nd place. Not 91.
Like last year when it was Mad Dog who took the runner up position in the Championship game. Not 91.

Now you could just say there are different ways of viewing the lacrosse season and just agree to disagree. But instead your like a child who can not see any other perspective and who is intimidated by the thought of not being on top.

Win or lose, just enjoy the game of lacrosse.

Page 46 of 48 1 2 44 45 46 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard