BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 101 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here come the B team dads! Only holdbacks...Born in ‘O5 blah blah blah. My sons on a AA team and they are all ‘06. Your boy can’t hang, move on Daddy Coach. Or let me guess it’s all the AA coaches that are wrong about your little Johnny, right?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here come the B team dads! Only holdbacks...Born in ‘O5 blah blah blah. My sons on a AA team and they are all ‘06. Your boy can’t hang, move on Daddy Coach. Or let me guess it’s all the AA coaches that are wrong about your little Johnny, right?

Ok daddy. Keep telling yourself he’s on an AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it likely Taz , express or WP are looking for players at this point? meaning for next year
if there is a good player they will look at him. That’s the lie you hear so people don’t try out. If you think your kid has what it takes to play AA BALL , you would be foolish not to let them try. BEST Competition at the grade level.

Agree. Top AA always looking to add talent. Don't listen to anyone who tells you different, most of the time they are scorned parents who's kid didn't make the top AA teams across the board and they will blame it on an "inside job". Bottom line if your kid can play with the AA boys he will be welcomed onto the team. If he was skipped over across the board then you might want to be honest about your boys ability at this point. Don't be delusional

this AA is all nonsence! It is all about hold backs. from MD LI Ct MA their best players are all hold backs!!born in 2005. I even know some boys born in early months of 2004. Have age based tournaments you will see all the b teams filled with on age 2006's.become the AA teams
That statement comes from a parent that can not face reality of their child's ability. School ball is always based on grade, not age. You are going to have to deal with the fact that you can not blame others for a child's ability to keep up. I see many kids play up in grade.

I face realty.The reality is I watched many on age kids with better skill level and lax IQ's loose out spots to older bigger or just more mature kids.the reality is this is a YOUTH sport!!! the AA clubs are saturated with 05's and 04's.in the racel to get wins at any cost. more wins equal more kids, more kids equal more $.Reality in check over here.Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reply that age based is silly because in high School they will be all different ages is not a real answer. 05’s competing at 2024 is exactly what the math tells you it is. The math doesn’t lie! Every team has them and everyone knows who they are.

It’s like winning with an asterisk.

Yes you won but you also have 3 05 kids scoring all the goals.
Nice job wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reply that age based is silly because in high School they will be all different ages is not a real answer. 05’s competing at 2024 is exactly what the math tells you it is. The math doesn’t lie! Every team has them and everyone knows who they are.

Nice job wink

I do not have a older kid. But there are some older kids on the team. It does not bother me in the least, because nothing has changed, and nothing will change. Get over it, its old. No asterisk, as everyone has a few...and most repeated early in their academic careers for various reasons (non being lacrosse). Roll over and get off the keyboard, reality isnt always smooth.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it illegal? no. is it not fair? probably. is it going away? no. so stop whining and just let the kids play. somebody is gonna win. somebody is gonna lose. hopefully what happens in between all that the kids are taught the game of lax and competition and some good life lessons. enjoy the ride peeps because it passes us by like a blink of an eye!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice job wink the funny thing is , I know 4 b teams that have 05 kids on them.

I do not have a older kid. But there are some older kids on the team. It does not bother me in the least, because nothing has changed, and nothing will change. Get over it, its old. No asterisk, as everyone has a few...and most repeated early in their academic careers for various reasons (non being lacrosse). Roll over and get off the keyboard, reality isnt always smooth.
the funny thing is I know 4 B teams that have 05 kids on them . I am sure all of them do. So with that said, your point holds no water and you do need a reality check. If your kid was good enough to play A Ball he would be playing . So don’t come on the board and claim 05 kids are talking his spot. There are 06 kids playing on AA teams . They are also taking your sons spot. Your theory Makes no sense .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys should be here in DC. MADLAX 2024 destroying everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the funny thing is I know 4 B teams that have 05 kids on them . I am sure all of them do. So with that said, your point holds no water and you do need a reality check. If your kid was good enough to play A Ball he would be playing . So don’t come on the board and claim 05 kids are talking his spot. There are 06 kids playing on AA teams . They are also taking your sons spot. Your theory Makes no sense .

So, basically, it's okay for you to cheat because you know someone else is doing it. I know plenty of teams that don't. I accept that these teams cheat. You have to accept that your team would be different if they didn't. I'm sure they'd still be good, but it wouldn't be what it is if they weren't cheating. It's ok. We all know. But the board is for teams with kids graduating in 2024, not 2023. People are cheating and we get that it won't stop until some form of age/roster verification is put into place with these tournaments because the owners of these franchises are, let's face it, sort of scummy and the venues just don't care beyond getting the entrance fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, basically, it's okay for you to cheat because you know someone else is doing it. I know plenty of teams that don't. I accept that these teams cheat. You have to accept that your team would be different if they didn't. I'm sure they'd still be good, but it wouldn't be what it is if they weren't cheating. It's ok. We all know. But the board is for teams with kids graduating in 2024, not 2023. People are cheating and we get that it won't stop until some form of age/roster verification is put into place with these tournaments because the owners of these franchises are, let's face it, sort of scummy and the venues just don't care beyond getting the entrance fees.
that’s where your stupidity comes in to the conversation. Grade base has 05 and o6 kids on the team . There is plenty of 05 kids that are in 6th grade . If it was age based it would not. So how is it cheating when lacrosse is grade based. If a 7th grader is playing in 2024 that would be cheating and I would understand your comment. I am sure there are plenty of teams that do that. Just do not assume just because a kid is 05 he is not on grade.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm at a tournament this weekend watching my normal age 2024, and Express, Laxachusettes, etc... have 2024 teams where almost every player is bigger than the 2023 teams. It's pretty sad how dominant they are because of the older age against the normal 2024 kids and watching the parents clap like their kid is Paul Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s great to see 06 kids battle it out with with B plus 05 players.
My son essentially has an opportunity to play up without going all in.
Of course there are great 06 players that can play well, but ask yourself who are the best players at the grade ? Something tells me your top 3 are born in 05....just sayin.....
The is board is just a an outlet for saying what everyone is thinking. We can do that in this country.
God bless America.🇺🇸

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the standard for youth lax. Just put your 05 in with the 2023s and you tell me your thoughts on the 04s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand. Shouldn’t the 2023s also have older/bigger kids by this theory? There is a logic gap here.

I'm at a tournament this weekend watching my normal age 2024, and Express, Laxachusettes, etc... have 2024 teams where almost every player is bigger than the 2023 teams. It's pretty sad how dominant they are because of the older age against the normal 2024 kids and watching the parents clap like their kid is Paul Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the holdback v holdback final, lax black smokes express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if those kids are holdbacks (and you have zero idea if they are), it's grade based lacrosse, so nobody is cheating. God, LI dads love to cry about anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the holdback v holdback final, lax black smokes express

6-4 final and you are the reason register to post was a good thing. How many times did you refresh tourney machine until the final appeared. Scoreboard watching of a youth lacrosse game is so funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if those kids are holdbacks (and you have zero idea if they are), it's grade based lacrosse, so nobody is cheating. God, LI dads love to cry about anything.

whatever masshole. I heard the catholic elementary school was signing up 2023s to repeat 7th grade at the tournament so they were eligible for the playoffs today.

Also, lobster pants, how do the parents feel when 5 or 6 of your "new" 2024s show up in the middle of the summer? Wicked good i bet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that’s where your stupidity comes in to the conversation. Grade base has 05 and o6 kids on the team . There is plenty of 05 kids that are in 6th grade . If it was age based it would not. So how is it cheating when lacrosse is grade based. If a 7th grader is playing in 2024 that would be cheating and I would understand your comment. I am sure there are plenty of teams that do that. Just do not assume just because a kid is 05 he is not on grade.

So you found a way to cheat the system? Congrats. Sooner or later that cheat code will stop working when your holdback has to step up and play against kids who have already grown. Something tells me your kids are in for a rude awakening. Good luck, redshirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you
Can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen.

No one is calling anyone a cheater donkey.
You can have 04s in 2024— you can have a 16 year old in 2024–

And people have a problem with us taking notice ?!,!?
Grade vs age... I get it....
you keep parading your 05 around and I will keep watching him dominate for the next maybe 2 years until the entire grade goes through puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you
Can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen.

No one is calling anyone a cheater donkey.
You can have 04s in 2024— you can have a 16 year old in 2024–

And people have a problem with us taking notice ?!,!?
Grade vs age... I get it....
you keep parading your 05 around and I will keep watching him dominate for the next maybe 2 years until the entire grade goes through puberty.
if its so bad, have your kid play another sport. You will find something else to complain....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality Is my kid is on a b team.He is an 06 and is one of the better kids on that b team. And you are correct there are some 05's on his team as well about 7. But my point is full of water!! as the A team is full of 05's. And being that he has been with this club a while I am aware of the ages of the boys on the A team. There are 4 06's on the whole team. 2 were taken because of politics one barley made the cut, the last is legit.
so the way I view all these 05's playing with 06's is that it is an epidemic!! And most were not held back for academic reasons or our country is in trouble. This is a youth sport still growing dramatically every day. Clubs will need to get an age based system put in place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no down side to an age based system. Club owners should open their eyes and realize that moving to an age based system will increase the amount of families seeking to participate (and return), and therefore, increase their profits. At present there are too many blowouts and mismatches at tournaments, and too many games where one team is much older (bigger, faster, more aggressive, more skilled, higher IQ) than the other one. One of the main reasons for this is that it is very hard for tournament directors to create matchups when you have no idea how old the kids really are, and its very hard for club directors to recommend (or choose) a divisional placement when they have no idea how old the competition will be. If everyone is born within the same 12 month window, than its much easier to place a team based on its skill level and athleticism, as well as performance at prior tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no down side to an age based system. Club owners should open their eyes and realize that moving to an age based system will increase the amount of families seeking to participate (and return), and therefore, increase their profits. At present there are too many blowouts and mismatches at tournaments, and too many games where one team is much older (bigger, faster, more aggressive, more skilled, higher IQ) than the other one. One of the main reasons for this is that it is very hard for tournament directors to create matchups when you have no idea how old the kids really are, and its very hard for club directors to recommend (or choose) a divisional placement when they have no idea how old the competition will be. If everyone is born within the same 12 month window, than its much easier to place a team based on its skill level and athleticism, as well as performance at prior tournaments.

POINTLESS post!!! People have been complaining about this for years when their little Johnny isn't big enough. When it comes to this age, guess what - size does matter and you are finally realizing it. So in about 6th grade all the complainers come out about the age gap. No matter WHAT rules you follow you will still have the same complainers. Just let your kid play and shut up! He should play where he fits in. Not just because daddy thinks he should be on an AA team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

whatever masshole. I heard the catholic elementary school was signing up 2023s to repeat 7th grade at the tournament so they were eligible for the playoffs today.

Also, lobster pants, how do the parents feel when 5 or 6 of your "new" 2024s show up in the middle of the summer? Wicked good i bet

Express is sounding like a soar loser here. What, can't take the heat? We beat you last year too. You can't handle away tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

POINTLESS post!!! People have been complaining about this for years when their little Johnny isn't big enough. When it comes to this age, guess what - size does matter and you are finally realizing it. So in about 6th grade all the complainers come out about the age gap. No matter WHAT rules you follow you will still have the same complainers. Just let your kid play and shut up! He should play where he fits in. Not just because daddy thinks he should be on an AA team

I'm not the poster, but I think the argument is not that "little Johnny isn't big enough". The argument is that Johnny Holdback is 18-20 months older. If you don't think that provides a distinct advantage I don't know what to tell you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your post is not pointless? For starters, I am fine with the team that my kid is on - a decent A team. I have no need for him to be on an AA, or AAA, or top notch team. And you know what, if lacrosse went to age based tomorrow, he still plays at the same level. The only difference, and its significant, is that he will play in more competitive games on balance throughout the summer. For now, many games are blowouts and mismatches, with his team winning more than half of them. Kids playing with and against kids in a narrow (12 months variation is more than fine) age group, and with similar skill and athletism is the best environment for their enjoyment and development. This is how nearly every other youth sport does it. Anyone who argues otherwise is clueless. I can tell you that the best coaches at the highest level of youth hockey uniformly frown upon the idea of "playing up" - both in an individual sense and in a team sense. The way to get better, instead, is to just find better teams your own age.

Also, size is just about the last problem with wide age variations. The advantage older kids have is with speed, quickness, hand-eye coordination, strength (in terms of passing and shooting), aggression, and lacrosse IQ. Size is just about last on the list. Site unseen, and with no inside information, I would in a blind draft pick a team of tiny older kids vs a team of large younger kids every single time.

And you are dead wrong when you say "no matter WHAT rules you follow you will still have the same complainers." Having kids that play competitively in age based youth sports, no one, and I repeat, no one complains about a kid being big, or fast, or just plain better - because they know he is of age. You must be a parent that only has their kids playing lacrosse. Your statement is simply wrong. Its simply a myth that people will still complain about this issue if they move to an age based system - because no one complains about it in the myriad of other sports that base the system on age.

And by the way, please explain to me how posting on a message board stops my kid from playing. "Just let your kid play and shut up!" Hey, thats a real powerful argument. I am sorry you can't rely on logic and reason like a normal person. And to repeat what I said above, since you appear to be a bit slow: I don't think my kid should be on a better team than he is on now. I don't think older kids are holding him back or taking his spots. In an age based system, his "spot" would just be taking by a more skilled, more athletic on-age kid. Moving him up in the youth lax world is not the goal. The goal is simply to make the sport better - to have better games; games that are more evenly competed; games that are not dominated by age outliers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express is sounding like a soar loser here. What, can't take the heat? We beat you last year too. You can't handle away tournaments.

Ya, we’re real “soar” over here. What position were you playing Paul Revere when YOU beat us last year? See you next year in Denver in your Nantucket reds...oh wait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your post is not pointless? For starters, I am fine with the team that my kid is on - a decent A team. I have no need for him to be on an AA, or AAA, or top notch team. And you know what, if lacrosse went to age based tomorrow, he still plays at the same level. The only difference, and its significant, is that he will play in more competitive games on balance throughout the summer. For now, many games are blowouts and mismatches, with his team winning more than half of them. Kids playing with and against kids in a narrow (12 months variation is more than fine) age group, and with similar skill and athletism is the best environment for their enjoyment and development. This is how nearly every other youth sport does it. Anyone who argues otherwise is clueless. I can tell you that the best coaches at the highest level of youth hockey uniformly frown upon the idea of "playing up" - both in an individual sense and in a team sense. The way to get better, instead, is to just find better teams your own age.

Also, size is just about the last problem with wide age variations. The advantage older kids have is with speed, quickness, hand-eye coordination, strength (in terms of passing and shooting), aggression, and lacrosse IQ. Size is just about last on the list. Site unseen, and with no inside information, I would in a blind draft pick a team of tiny older kids vs a team of large younger kids every single time.

And you are dead wrong when you say "no matter WHAT rules you follow you will still have the same complainers." Having kids that play competitively in age based youth sports, no one, and I repeat, no one complains about a kid being big, or fast, or just plain better - because they know he is of age. You must be a parent that only has their kids playing lacrosse. Your statement is simply wrong. Its simply a myth that people will still complain about this issue if they move to an age based system - because no one complains about it in the myriad of other sports that base the system on age.

And by the way, please explain to me how posting on a message board stops my kid from playing. "Just let your kid play and shut up!" Hey, thats a real powerful argument. I am sorry you can't rely on logic and reason like a normal person. And to repeat what I said above, since you appear to be a bit slow: I don't think my kid should be on a better team than he is on now. I don't think older kids are holding him back or taking his spots. In an age based system, his "spot" would just be taking by a more skilled, more athletic on-age kid. Moving him up in the youth lax world is not the goal. The goal is simply to make the sport better - to have better games; games that are more evenly competed; games that are not dominated by age outliers.

Definitely a mom. Who writes that much? I couldn't even get through reading it. Blah, Blah... You like to hear yourself talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no down side to an age based system. Club owners should open their eyes and realize that moving to an age based system will increase the amount of families seeking to participate (and return), and therefore, increase their profits. At present there are too many blowouts and mismatches at tournaments, and too many games where one team is much older (bigger, faster, more aggressive, more skilled, higher IQ) than the other one. One of the main reasons for this is that it is very hard for tournament directors to create matchups when you have no idea how old the kids really are, and its very hard for club directors to orecommend (or choose) a divisional placement when they have no idea how old the competition will be. If everyone is born within the same 12 month window, than its much easier to place a team based on its skill level and athleticism, as well as performance at prior tournaments.

Definitely a mom. Who writes that much? I couldn't even get through reading it. Blah, Blah... You like to hear yourself talk.
WOW ... snoozer!! Waste of your time. If and when they change the system . For now why complain it’s the way it is . They will never change it because of Maryland and other states. Thanks for caring so much Mommy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the excuse gonna be next year when school ball starts. the eighth graders are to big.get use to it. it only gets harder from here on out. mommy and daddy ball is over unless you pay $3000 to play on a B-C team with 30 kids on the roster. good luck with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the best place to complain. If enough parents, coaches etc make noise then maybe something will change for the better. Reporting the issue and posting is the least you can do! And for every meat head who says “blah blah blah complainers” - so Be it. The 05 dads are growing in numbers and don’t think for a second that they would be “for” a change. It’s not cheating but is a clear and mathematical advantage.

Shouldn’t you guys be in Denver ?

#alwaysplaydown
#stophating
#nevergonnachange
#itsnotcheating
#mysonistallerthanmein6thgrade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the excuse gonna be next year when school ball starts. the eighth graders are to big.get use to it. it only gets harder from here on out. mommy and daddy ball is over unless you pay $3000 to play on a B-C team with 30 kids on the roster. good luck with that

This is the stupidest comment on this thread, which is actually a monumental achievement. We are not talking about Middle School lacrosse. Nor is anyone making excuses. People are simply advocating for a better system. Just lame strawman agruements. No one has ever claimed that school sports should be age based. So why argue against that position? School sports are all about winning at the varsity level. JV and MS exist as feeder programs to the varsity. That is all. Has nothing to do with youth travel lacrosse. There really needs to be an IQ test before posting on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope it is not an adult. You learn rather early in your education that you should not start a sentence with And.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really hope it is not an adult. You learn rather early in your education that you should not start a sentence with And.

And what we have been taught is wrong. You see, the aforesaid is a perfectly fine and grammatically correct English sentence.

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/can-i-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction?page=1

Is this really why this board exists? To correct each other's grammar (or in your case, to do so incorrectly)? This is when you know someone lacks a cogent rebuttal. When they resort to petty, and incorrect, grammatical critiques.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the ignorant very defensive post.Just checking, what month in 2005 was your little Rabil born?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you missed the entire point. There should NOT be plenty of kids born in 05 in the 6th grade!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really???? you are some kind of stupid!!!! kids born in sept oct nov dec would be 05's in 6th grade or you would rather those kids to start school at 4 years old so they dont dominate your little jonny.SMH!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you missed the entire point. There should NOT be plenty of kids born in 05 in the 6th grade!!!!
you are missing the point , your kid still would be below level. Stop with the excuses. Its 12 year old lacrosse . Get a life. Move on .

Page 95 of 101 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard