BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 45 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express should be much higher on this list--lost in finals to LI Express at best toureny of the summer beating Hawks and BBL (twice) along the way (among others).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has beat BBL 2 out of 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’ll make a comment on youth sports in general and as to IMO these altercations are occurring.
I was at a 2022 tourney a few weeks ago and the teams aren’t important. But what is important across the board is the behavior of the coaches on the sidelines when they don’t get a call or have any issues with the refs. It’s deploable. Now not all, but many fall into this category.
The sideline attitude transfers to the players on the field. The constant screaming at the refs transcends to the players and they start chirping at the refs/other players as well. This is youth sports and is unacceptable. Many of these coaches are gentlemen off the field and go off the rails on the sidelines. We are all competitive in nature but teaching to play hard and clean and respect your opponent and honor the game have gone completely out the window.
I witnessed at least 3 kids on the opposing teams chirping at the refs who made a call against their team. Don’t get me wrong, the team my son was a guest on the coach was not quiet at all and rode the refs hard. Personally, if one of my players spoke to the refs in anything other then a respectful manor, I would pull them off the field myself as a coach and bench them without any prompting.
Meanwhile one of the players chirping at the ref had 4-5 personal fouls in the game and played every minute he wasn’t in the box, also a bad message to send IMO.

The bottomline for me is, set a good positive example for the players(kids) and they will be respectful. Set the tone we currently are, and expect more bad behavior. If I was a ref and a child spoke to me in a disrespectful manner, both teams would get a warning and the next time any player would be ejected from any game I reffed. The refs aren’t punching bags and yes bad calls are made, but the direction of all youth sports is going in a direction it shouldn’t be.

Thank you for sharing, I couldn't agree more. I'm not going to profess that I have an easy fix, but it 100% starts and finishes with the adults. Coaches, Parents, Aunts/Uncles...
If WE spread positive, the kids follow. If WE display self-control in the face of adversity, the kids will follow. I LOVE this game. It's sad what can be seen, not all the time, but too often, at these games. And for what?! A T-Shirt?!

Club Directors have the greatest responsibility to the game, and that is to help foster better sportsmanship at these pay-for-play tournaments. Winning IS NOT, everything! COMPETING IS! In particular when the competitors have fought hard, and HONORABLY.

CLUB DIRECTORS: Pony up! Give back to the game that has enriched you. Start a Coalition for positive change in youth lacrosse that promotes friendship, competition and respect! I'm sure US Lacrosse, or any local lacrosse organization would welcome the leadership.

I assuming this post is in reference to the embarrassing display of MM and Team 91 last weekend. A bench clearing brawl; this club owner and coach encompasses everything that is wrong with youth sports today. Something needs to be done to clears the sidelines of these types of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll make a comment on youth sports in general and as to IMO these altercations are occurring.
I was at a 2022 tourney a few weeks ago and the teams aren’t important. But what is important across the board is the behavior of the coaches on the sidelines when they don’t get a call or have any issues with the refs. It’s deploable. Now not all, but many fall into this category.
The sideline attitude transfers to the players on the field. The constant screaming at the refs transcends to the players and they start chirping at the refs/other players as well. This is youth sports and is unacceptable. Many of these coaches are gentlemen off the field and go off the rails on the sidelines. We are all competitive in nature but teaching to play hard and clean and respect your opponent and honor the game have gone completely out the window.
I witnessed at least 3 kids on the opposing teams chirping at the refs who made a call against their team. Don’t get me wrong, the team my son was a guest on the coach was not quiet at all and rode the refs hard. Personally, if one of my players spoke to the refs in anything other then a respectful manor, I would pull them off the field myself as a coach and bench them without any prompting.
Meanwhile one of the players chirping at the ref had 4-5 personal fouls in the game and played every minute he wasn’t in the box, also a bad message to send IMO.

The bottomline for me is, set a good positive example for the players(kids) and they will be respectful. Set the tone we currently are, and expect more bad behavior. If I was a ref and a child spoke to me in a disrespectful manner, both teams would get a warning and the next time any player would be ejected from any game I reffed. The refs aren’t punching bags and yes bad calls are made, but the direction of all youth sports is going in a direction it shouldn’t be.

Completely agree with your comments. I would ask the refs to know the rules and do their best. Don't just show up for a paycheck. Parents pay upwards of $2k for a summer of lacrosse plus travel and hotels. Respect the game and know the rules (NCAA or high school) and take pride in your sport. You're the only folks (aside from the tourney organizers, club directors and coaches) getting paid out there.

I have witnessed refs that are completely clueless to the rules and what truly constitutes a penalty. I have heard refs get into with parents more and more. I have heard them say they gave a kid a penalty because he was bigger that the other kid. A lot show up with this attitude that they know better and everyone else knows nothing. So they are also part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The stress and expectations of winning be placed on children is the root cause. But that won't change. Sorry to be a cynic. Winning creates revenue and these egotistical coaches and clubs can't wait to boast on social media about their team. When it's really about them. Watch how many kids won't get their name called or see the field on the aired WSYL final next week. Those parents will tell every family member and friend to watch... only to see a glimpse of the kid on a dog pile at the end. Such a pitty, but winning trumps all and stress is strating to boil over on the field, on the benches and on social media.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

1st teams that are on the same level are True Blue, Hitmen, Empire A and Force

If your son is not playing on one of the elite teams, these are the teams to play for imho

Schwalje won 2 of 5 games in the 'B' division this weekend!
United won 2 of 5 games in the "A" division this weekend and played top tier teams!

Take any Express team out of the conversation other than Chan of course. all 3 other teams stink! The supposed 2nd team Schwaile is not even a B team they lose down in that bracket to below average teams. Chucks and O'Reilly are ever worse! Just Express money grabs to finance the top team !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws champs of fl$ Classic avenging earlier loss to Predators.

LOL !! Winning a B tournament now that something to hang your hat on ! Go Rebels !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for sharing, I couldn't agree more. I'm not going to profess that I have an easy fix, but it 100% starts and finishes with the adults. Coaches, Parents, Aunts/Uncles...
If WE spread positive, the kids follow. If WE display self-control in the face of adversity, the kids will follow. I LOVE this game. It's sad what can be seen, not all the time, but too often, at these games. And for what?! A T-Shirt?!

Club Directors have the greatest responsibility to the game, and that is to help foster better sportsmanship at these pay-for-play tournaments. Winning IS NOT, everything! COMPETING IS! In particular when the competitors have fought hard, and HONORABLY.

CLUB DIRECTORS: Pony up! Give back to the game that has enriched you. Start a Coalition for positive change in youth lacrosse that promotes friendship, competition and respect! I'm sure US Lacrosse, or any local lacrosse organization would welcome the leadership.

I assuming this post is in reference to the embarrassing display of MM and Team 91 last weekend. A bench clearing brawl; this club owner and coach encompasses everything that is wrong with youth sports today. Something needs to be done to clears the sidelines of these types of coaches.

No it was not, this was 5 weeks ago or so and I only posted because of what I read

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there and there are two sides to the story. For the record, I have no dog in the fight. I was there watching another team. Also for the record, the club owner you reference is one and the same. Both teams in the game were Team 91. One from MD and one from NY. Once club owner is ultimately responsible for both team's behavior. That said, I saw both games the two teams played. The brawl as you call it started with the referees and not keeping control of the game. One cross check to the head, ok, but two and three without blowing your whistle? That is how this escalated and blaming one team and not the other is silly. This is a fast moving, passionately played game. If officials do not control the kids, things are bound to go off the rails. First punch definitely thrown by #9 from MD, BUT only after he had been deliberately hit in the head multiple times, the last leading to his helmet flying off. At that point, the officials had lost control and it was every man/kid for themselves. The kid reacted as most would and cracked the guy. Then things were a mess. Sad for the game that so many love. Many, many things wrong with the game at this level. Coaches, parents, tournament directors, college coaches, etc. But don't put all of the blame for one incident on one coach and team. It was a group effort. Again, I was there and I heard plenty of chatter coming from both benches and both coaches, so signaling one out isn't fair. To be honest, one of the positives I saw come out of this incident was the following day. As luck would have it, these teams would meet again 24 hours later in the semifinals. The officials did set the tone early by calling a penalty right off the bat. He said I'm not gonna have it today. Not gonna happen. The game was physical and aggressive, but played within the rules. It was high level lacrosse played the way it should be. Again, no dog in the fight, but you have to give credit to the team from MD. They were on the road after an ugly incident, which did include a lopsided loss in which the better team won. They were composed, played their jerks off, were physical and made a statement WITHIN the rules. They dominated a team that had done the same to them just 24 hours earlier. Great show of courage by those boys. Smash took the defeat with class as well. So even though it was an ugly situation, there was some positivity that followed. I hope we don't see these incidents in the future, but chances are they will continue. It's an aggressive sport played by players and coaches that care. Passion sometimes leads to stupidity, but I believe inside the players and most coaches have good intentions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a break loser. The team won 4 games over the course of the weekend. Why taint it with your comment? You are the loser to come on here and do that. Get a life. Commnet on the Outlaw moms and their tats if you must be give the kids their due.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL !! Winning a B tournament now that something to hang your hat on ! Go Rebels !

FYI not every team is an A team, I am sure the kids worked hard for GB ( That is short for ground balls, in case you didn't know) and to win they must have played hard has a team. one thing I am sure of some of those kids will be A team caliber one day. I am sure it was a nice fun family weekend for kids and parents. and that's what sports is all about. Both my boys where B team players at that age both went D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there and there are two sides to the story. For the record, I have no dog in the fight. I was there watching another team. Also for the record, the club owner you reference is one and the same. Both teams in the game were Team 91. One from MD and one from NY. Once club owner is ultimately responsible for both team's behavior. That said, I saw both games the two teams played. The brawl as you call it started with the referees and not keeping control of the game. One cross check to the head, ok, but two and three without blowing your whistle? That is how this escalated and blaming one team and not the other is silly. This is a fast moving, passionately played game. If officials do not control the kids, things are bound to go off the rails. First punch definitely thrown by #9 from MD, BUT only after he had been deliberately hit in the head multiple times, the last leading to his helmet flying off. At that point, the officials had lost control and it was every man/kid for themselves. The kid reacted as most would and cracked the guy. Then things were a mess. Sad for the game that so many love. Many, many things wrong with the game at this level. Coaches, parents, tournament directors, college coaches, etc. But don't put all of the blame for one incident on one coach and team. It was a group effort. Again, I was there and I heard plenty of chatter coming from both benches and both coaches, so signaling one out isn't fair. To be honest, one of the positives I saw come out of this incident was the following day. As luck would have it, these teams would meet again 24 hours later in the semifinals. The officials did set the tone early by calling a penalty right off the bat. He said I'm not gonna have it today. Not gonna happen. The game was physical and aggressive, but played within the rules. It was high level lacrosse played the way it should be. Again, no dog in the fight, but you have to give credit to the team from MD. They were on the road after an ugly incident, which did include a lopsided loss in which the better team won. They were composed, played their jerks off, were physical and made a statement WITHIN the rules. They dominated a team that had done the same to them just 24 hours earlier. Great show of courage by those boys. Smash took the defeat with class as well. So even though it was an ugly situation, there was some positivity that followed. I hope we don't see these incidents in the future, but chances are they will continue. It's an aggressive sport played by players and coaches that care. Passion sometimes leads to stupidity, but I believe inside the players and most coaches have good intentions.

Since you were there and have no dog in the fight, why did you leave out the part where Millon was calling kids on Smash scumbags and Long Island trash? That seems like it could be part of the story. Was this the first time the kid threw a punch or cheap shot in a game? How many times has Millon been thrown out of a game or tournament? I bet it is 5 or more in the last year alone. The lacrosse community is small. People talk. Sometimes people talk between games about their own coach because they are frustrated that he acts like a child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD RR play dirty-Fact. You hit me with a stick in the privates away from the play and I will jam it back up yours. To not react to the RR BS would be wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

If your son is not playing on one of the elite teams, these are the teams to play for imho

United won 2 of 5 games in the "A" division this weekend and played top tier teams!

Take any Express team out of the conversation other than Chan of course. all 3 other teams stink! The supposed 2nd team Schwaile is not even a B team they lose down in that bracket to below average teams. Chucks and O'Reilly are ever worse! Just Express money grabs to finance the top team !

Fake news, The Schwalje team tied Igloo and lost a one goal game and an overtime game to the 2nd Laxchucetts team this weekend. Got beat by a solid True Blue team, but that's the 4th time the two have played them and it's 2-2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD RR play dirty-Fact. You hit me with a stick in the privates away from the play and I will jam it back up yours. To not react to the RR BS would be wrong.

You OK? Need a tissue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were some very good teams at that tournament, I would call it an A- tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what you were watching but you have no idea what you are talking about. This didn't happen and would never happen. RR coaches would pull their player from the game if they saw that and give him a stern talking. Seems you have an ax to grind. Maybe you are a LI Outlaws parent. Now there is a team that plays dirty, each and every game. You have never heard that MD RR play that way, why, because they don't. Get your facts straight before posting completely false stories. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great first week of club lacrosse. Smash is back, Looks like they got bigger and faster at every position. Going to be tough to beat with or without JR.

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

LI Express had a bunch of kids missing do to injury. Will be interesting to see how the Holdback Hawks do this year with out their big Goalie who now plays for the Crabs.

Big Move by the LI Express this week. Smash still the top dog after killing everyone in a town tournament. New teams to top 10 Hawks, Juiced Cherries, MD Roughriders and Resolute OH.

Week 2 Rankings

1. Smash
2. LI Express
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Hawks
6. DC Express
7. BBL
8. Juiced Cherries
9. MD Roughriders
10. Resolute OH

Week 3 update?

Why are we ranking teams when these teams are all playing in different tournaments, in different brackets, different states, different refs, some teams change their roster from tourney to tourney, etc. etc. Most of them have never even played against each other. This makes zero sense. This guy thinks he is the all star statistician. I can't believe you are actually chomping at the bit for his next Paul Carcaterra wannabe ranking

It's just light hearted fun blogging. Take a chill. It does mean nothing other than some teams rhat were not considered elite a year ago, are now playing really well. No big deal. Nobody ranking (me included) ever boasted qualifications or claimed to have them, just makes conversation, until somebody has something negative to add.. So, please, respectfully, turn off your blog police sirens.

hahahahahahahahahaha love that reply

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great first week of club lacrosse. Smash is back, Looks like they got bigger and faster at every position. Going to be tough to beat with or without JR.

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

LI Express had a bunch of kids missing do to injury. Will be interesting to see how the Holdback Hawks do this year with out their big Goalie who now plays for the Crabs.

Big Move by the LI Express this week. Smash still the top dog after killing everyone in a town tournament. New teams to top 10 Hawks, Juiced Cherries, MD Roughriders and Resolute OH.

Week 2 Rankings

1. Smash
2. LI Express
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Hawks
6. DC Express
7. BBL
8. Juiced Cherries
9. MD Roughriders
10. Resolute OH

Week 3 update?

1. LI Express (last two weekends earned this)
2. Smash
3. Primetime
4. MD Roughriders
5. Hawks
6. BBL
7. Crabs
8. 91 MD
9. DC Express
10. Resolute OH

Kinda agree but I wouldn't put the Hawks in 5th on any list for this age group- they would beat the 4 ahead of them 2 out of 3 times. Smash has 1 player and hardly deserves 2nd on this list. Primetime is just like any of the bottom of the list too- all very equal . Good but equal. RR and Express certainly deserve top spots with back to back titles in very good tournaments.

I also kinda agree.

It's just amazing how terrible FCA, T9-1MD, and Roughriders looked in the spring at times and now they are putting together amazing summers.

FCA should be on the list somewhere. Lost to Mesa and MD Roughriders both by 1 goal. Absolutely destroyed Crabs, but FCA seems to be killing Crabs at every age level.

No argument with top 3. Long Island teams looking very strong. Hopefully all these teams can get together at Naptown or NLF club championships.

9-1MD did well getting the win against 9-1 Smash, but the blowout losses to Express and 9-1 Smash along with the brawl make me think they should be a little lower.

Resolute may be a little high as well. Crabs torched those guys this weekend. FCA should probably be in that spot.

BBL lost to Igloo and Laxachusettes so I'd probably put Laxachusettes in above them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you were there and have no dog in the fight, why did you leave out the part where Millon was calling kids on Smash scumbags and Long Island trash? That seems like it could be part of the story. Was this the first time the kid threw a punch or cheap shot in a game? How many times has Millon been thrown out of a game or tournament? I bet it is 5 or more in the last year alone. The lacrosse community is small. People talk. Sometimes people talk between games about their own coach because they are frustrated that he acts like a child.

Isn't Millon from Long Island? Somehow I don't think calling kids Long Island trash would be his go-to insult.

Granted - MM is terrible at coaching kids and doesn't see why you don't treat them like 20 year olds, but in this case, the reffing by all accounts sees horrendous - even by Long Island Summer Tournament standards.

Any kid getting repeated checks to the head will be forced to protect himself if the refs don't do it for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

Week 2 Rankings

1. Smash
2. LI Express
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Hawks
6. DC Express
7. BBL
8. Juiced Cherries
9. MD Roughriders
10. Resolute OH

Week 3 update?

Why are we ranking teams when these teams are all playing in different tournaments, in different brackets, different states, different refs, some teams change their roster from tourney to tourney, etc. etc. Most of them have never even played against each other. This makes zero sense. This guy thinks he is the all star statistician. I can't believe you are actually chomping at the bit for his next Paul Carcaterra wannabe ranking

It's just light hearted fun blogging. Take a chill. It does mean nothing other than some teams rhat were not considered elite a year ago, are now playing really well. No big deal. Nobody ranking (me included) ever boasted qualifications or claimed to have them, just makes conversation, until somebody has something negative to add.. So, please, respectfully, turn off your blog police sirens.

really??? then you're and even bigger loser than he is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely sounds like you have a personal issue with JM. Did he cut your son or nephew perhaps.........Time to set aside your anger. I don't have any connections with United, but I watched some of their games this year. They are a much better team than you have described.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The officials frequently lose control of games where Millon is coaching because he is yelling at them the ENTIRE game. Last year at NLF his son popped up throwing punches and was tossed from the game. Millon has been tossed from many youth lacrosse games in recent years, just like last weekend. His behavior towards refs, toward opposing players and towards his own players when they do not live up to his expectations is totally unacceptable. He chased away at least 2 players AGAIN this year by focusing his rage on them. It happens EVERY year with this guy. People who come on here and make excuses for it over and over are doing youth lacrosse a disservice. If you really know him and have dealt with him, you KNOW you are wrong. Trying to shift the argument to overlook his behavior for his "coaching abilities" no longer works. His offense has averaged 6 points for as long as 91MD has existed, while that team sits on 2-3 of the best defenders at 2022 and some other incredible local/fly-in players. His son gets abused because every player and coach at the 2022 level is smart enough to know they can easily win by playing aggressive defense on #9. He will lose his cool and start handing the ball back to the other team! #9 is allowed to do that, while all the other players get yelled at or benched for turning the ball over. If #9 doesn't take a thousand bad shots trying to satisfy his dad, then dad coach will unravel and get his share of bench penalties, or mentally beat the team down until they play with their tail between their legs. Pretty simple formula when you know every play is designed to go through 1 player and that the coach is a stick of dynamite waiting to explode on the team. Glad to see he calmed down long enough to win on Sunday, which is usually the case when he takes his hands off approach after going berserk the day before. Love how he rushed to social media to play the victim. His teams always have big wins right after one of his explosions because he has to calm down and let them play on their own until the magnifying glass over him goes away. Classic narcissism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^Fiction^^ Fact>>Outlaw player called RR player a F!@#$ P!@## and shoved him after RR player said stop dropping the F-Bombs to the ref. Outlaws played cheap and taunted the RR players the entire game! Plenty of people know who the Outlaws are and how they play, so your argument is hard to make. It would have been a HUGE win for the Outlaw team, but no reason to unravel in the second half like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that was a hysterical response. You’re from MD I’m assuming since you know so much about the coaches. Those coaches would Never pull a player. It seemed like they actually condoned the RR behavior. Especially the short heavy set coach. Obnoxious and deplorable behavior by players coaches and parents on the RR side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid shouldn’t have thrown a punch, and was right to be tossed, but the check to his head ripped his helmet off and was incredibly dangerous. Bad enough it was Millon’s kid, but suspect he would have gone crazy if that happened to any of his players.

Isn't Millon from Long Island? Somehow I don't think calling kids Long Island trash would be his go-to insult.

Granted - MM is terrible at coaching kids and doesn't see why you don't treat them like 20 year olds, but in this case, the reffing by all accounts sees horrendous - even by Long Island Summer Tournament standards.

Any kid getting repeated checks to the head will be forced to protect himself if the refs don't do it for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Week 1 Ranks;

1. Smash
2. West Coast Starz
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Igloo
6. DC Express
7. Team 91 MD
8. HHH
9. Leading Edge
10. API Diamond Backs

Week 2 Rankings

1. Smash
2. LI Express
3. Crabs
4. Primetime
5. Hawks
6. DC Express
7. BBL
8. Juiced Cherries
9. MD Roughriders
10. Resolute OH

Week 3 update?

Thanks, I try to keep it fun and informative when posting. I may occasionally slip and sound negative, but all in all this site should be a great resource. Not a place for people to spill out their frustrations over a bad experience. Share the negative, no doubt, it's good to hear. But sometimes it's gets a little much. For example, tryouts will be here in a month, shockingly. It used be September. But during tryout season people should share their experiences, with a club or coach, not what they heard 2nd and 3rd hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

Fake news, The Schwalje team tied Igloo and lost a one goal game and an overtime game to the 2nd Laxchucetts team this weekend. Got beat by a solid True Blue team, but that's the 4th time the two have played them and it's 2-2.

Huh, Schwalje did not play Igloo last weekend? Is this a highlight reel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't hear the part about MM calling kids scumbags or trash. You must have been on the bench to be able to hear that. No idea how many times he or any coach has been tossed. You really seem to have a problem with him, so I assume you have witnessed all of his games and his son's games. Someone is hitting my kid in the head like that, he's throwing down and I'm fine with it. Not an advocate of fighting, at this level in particular, but the hits were egregious. Stick to the head, both hands, with maximum force. Far more of a concern than a kid hitting another kid in the helmet with a glove on his hand as a way to protect himself. Again, started with the officials losing control. Heat of the moment. Any kid at this level of play would have reacted the same way. If it was my kid, I would certainly hope so. There are a ton of problems at these tournaments. The Directors play favorites. They don't hold officials accountable. They discipline one coach and not the other. The coaches are almost all over the top. Referees mouth off to the fans. Fans mouth off to the referees. Coaches and referees back and forth. In general, not just tournament related, but you have coaches that allow one player to run the team. Everyone knows who they are. Everyone knows who runs a certain NY team. Everyone knows who runs the other teams. Coaches sons have the offense run through them and if they don't touch it or make the play, there is heck to pay. Last thing I will mention is the age situation. Grade based is one way to go. BUT if you are going that route, you absolutely MUST have some sort of age restriction. No secret that a certain NY team has a kid that either does or could drive to games. That is a joke. Hold backs are part of the game, but when you get two and sometimes three years older than some of the players, that is a problem.

That's all I got. A lot to be fixed in this sport at this level. BUT a lot of good out there too. For the most part, good kids, some good coaches and a lot of dedicated parents. It just goes haywire now and then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know a lot for an outsider. Are you a disgruntled 91 parent? There are some of those. Which team are or were you a parent for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

you are joking, right. None of these team would even think of playing the teams United played last weekend. You should just take United off the list and replace them with teams that don't play real competition like Legacy, Outlaws or Hitmen. They all pretend to be an A/AA team but are more inline with this list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comical. What angels those RR players must be defending the refs honor. That is such BS. Penalty against outlaws was on offensive end. RR player butt ended outlaw on opposite end of field. Your little angel is not what you think. Typical MD garbage though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

you are joking, right. None of these team would even think of playing the teams United played last weekend. You should just take United off the list and replace them with teams that don't play real competition like Legacy, Outlaws or Hitmen. They all pretend to be an A/AA team but are more inline with this list.

United may play in the AA bracket but don't really belong there. They are a B+ team until they Marksberry steals more kids from other teams, simple as that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comical. What angels those RR players must be defending the refs honor. That is such BS. Penalty against outlaws was on offensive end. RR player butt ended outlaw on opposite end of field. Your little angel is not what you think. Typical MD garbage though.

No, typical LI garbage all over the field that game, including the coaches and some of the parents. Some Outlaw parents came down and watched the game with the MDRR parents, they were so embarrassed by the Outlaw parents behavior. When you can't defend the truth you revert to false statements and name calling. How childish.

Typical Long Island garbage continues, including your garbage/false post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that was a hysterical response. You’re from MD I’m assuming since you know so much about the coaches. Those coaches would Never pull a player. It seemed like they actually condoned the RR behavior. Especially the short heavy set coach. Obnoxious and deplorable behavior by players coaches and parents on the RR side.

Again, a Long Island or an Outlaws parent watching a game thru rose colored glasses and seeing what he wants to see. RR coaches will pull a player from a game, I've seen it happen before, especially the coach you described. They will not condone that type of behavior. The most obnoxious of all were some of the Outlaws parents/fans. I spent three quarters watching the game and talking to some Outlaws parents, who came to the RR side because they were so embarrassed by the behavior of the Outlaws parents. Get your facts straight and stop spinning BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid probably deserved it if he is anything like you. Could you be any more annoying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KETTLE.....MEET POT. NOT MY RR CHILD. HE WOULD NEVER...FACTS ARE STRAIGHT. Coaches had absolutely no control nor did they care what the RR players were doing. They didn’t pull that player that day so don’t expect us to believe they did it before. Stop with the not my child nonsense. Just admit your child did and we could all move on. Outlaws acted like stunads AND SO DID RR’s. Stop saying you did nothing wrong. BTW RR parents might be the worst we’ve ever seen. Whiny whiny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

United may play in the AA bracket but don't really belong there. They are a B+ team until they Marksberry steals more kids from other teams, simple as that!

Parents need to share info since tryouts are around the corner. Watch out for coaches like Dingleberry and his United team who hold tryouts which mean nothing, add 10 kids throughout the year, always looks to steal good players from other teams instead of training up the kids he has and cut deals with new kids to join his team while other parents pay full tuition. He screams at Refs on the sideline, even yelling at his Asst. Coaches on the sidelines. Dingleberry is everything that is wrong with travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KETTLE.....MEET POT. NOT MY RR CHILD. HE WOULD NEVER...FACTS ARE STRAIGHT. Coaches had absolutely no control nor did they care what the RR players were doing. They didn’t pull that player that day so don’t expect us to believe they did it before. Stop with the not my child nonsense. Just admit your child did and we could all move on. Outlaws acted like stunads AND SO DID RR’s. Stop saying you did nothing wrong. BTW RR parents might be the worst we’ve ever seen. Whiny whiny.

Whiny whiny, you mean something like you???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whiny whiny, you mean something like you???

Note to RR fans from one of your own: Enough already! Stop rising to the bait. There's nothing to defend here. The Outlaws and the tournament are in the rear view mirror. Let's move on.

Page 39 of 45 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard